フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 80 81 82
 Bahamut.Flareon
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-08-06 01:44:39  
Yah... pretty disappointed myself... 7 FMs were a welcome game changer (at least for me, not terps)... 9 are just pointless imo
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 02:03:28  
Just noticed that Ternion Dagger doesn't have DNC on it, yet =/
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 02:22:19  
I'm a lot sadder when I realised that my "perfect" malevolence... doesn't have DNC on it. No sexy Aeolian Edges. ;_;

As for 9 FMs: It's not as game changing as 7 FMs, but I'm kinda happy that ***doesn't suck as hard now, if I forget to pop a Step before actually firing a WS in this: Climactic Flourish > Step > Rudra's Storm > Reverse Flourish > Rudra's Storm. Maybe with Sekkanoki + Evisceration before that even, if you feel like inflicting even more pain.

I'd still do the Step, because 5th FM for Reverse Flourish, but sometimes I'd just forget about it and then I'd want to slap myself, because of some not so hot TP return. I can't think of any fancy things you can do with 9 max FMs that you can't do with 7 max FMs. It's just that having 9 max FMs makes all those things a little bit... more failsafe.

On a different note: I will post an updated spreadsheet with new gear, once I know the max augments on Sinister Reign gear. Or tonight. Whichever comes first. I'll leave Adhemar (+1) unaugmented, because I don't have a clue about its possible augments.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 02:27:22  
Slightly OT, but what sequence of WS/JA do you guys use to maximize damage during Grand Pas?

As for the Sinister DNC legs, STR and DEX seem to be capping at 10.
TA and DA probably cap at 3%? There might be yet to be seen additional augments.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 03:17:51  
Updated spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/tk10gx

I've tried to make sure to include all DNC-related items, but I was working off of Urat's .dat mining on BG mostly, because it was such a quiet morning at work. So I might have failed at copy-pasting mentally.

Assuming I have TP + "enough" FMs, usually:

Climactic Flourish, Step, Rudra's Storm, Reverse Flourish, Grand Pas, Rudra's Strom, Reverse Flourish, Rudra's Storm, Reverse Flourish, Rudra's Storm, Climactic Flourish (Grand Pas wears), Reverse Flourish, Rudra's Storm.

Under some circumstances, e. g. when something is particularly weak to Darkness or you have someone else to multi-step with, I might do some other things. The thing above would be what I'd personally "default" to.

--- HUGE DERAIL STARTING HERE ---

I don't really know about Escha - Ru'Aun Gardens yet (we just tossed our PAP99 at T1 stuff and watched it die in pain), but in Sinister Reign, I actually get to stab stuff pretty hard on DNC/SAM. Dropping 3-step or 4-step double Darkness on them is about as good as stroking my e-peen can be. On some, however, all those black holes I'm creating don't do much. Namely Arciela, who loves to take some 3-digit damage from Darkness. ;_;

Sinister Reign actually is the place where I'd say that me being on DNC is actually better than me filling any other job I can be on and having someone else DD in my stead right now. I think we're gonna try with a Koga SAM as our main DD soon™; DNC however went really well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 03:38:07  
Hope you added that new dagger to the spreadsheet.

DMG 125
Delay 211
STR/DEX +22
Other stats +12
Acc/Att +20
Mab +14
Mdmg +108
Macc +201
Skill +242
TA +3%
Subtle Blow +8
TH +1

Impressive.
I'm afraid once more my Carns ddBRD is gonna cry, sigh.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 03:45:27  
Oh. Taming Sari gets DMG+15. I'll fix that rq. But yes, it's in there. With DMG+10 right now.

Edit: Updated.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 03:47:03  
I feel DMG+15 is the cap, but it could go higher, who knows.
So far I've seen DMG+15, STR/DEX+10 and TH+1.

It's quite an impressive weapon for non-mythic DNCs. Pair it with a Ternion Dagger +1 (from next patch) and it's gonna be quite something.

Haven't mathed it out but I feel this could likely be better than Nibiru/Ipetam combinations.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 03:49:05  
For now, I'd say Taming/Taming beats everything else. Good luck with the RNG.

Ternion +1 was rather mediocre when I tested it and it was bested by Nibiru C15 on The Usual "Real" Stuff already. You know, that usual blabla when fSTR is not capped etc., so I'd expect it to be behind Taming, too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 04:06:26  
Completely missed the fact it's not Rare...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-07 05:53:52  
Any info on reforged Khepri augments yet?
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 09:07:02  
I don't think anyone has posted Adhemar augment paths on BG yet. I personally haven't done any "real" Escha - Ru'Aun Gardens yet, so I can't upgrade them and see for myself.

So far, the augments I've seen for L:feet i119 and M:body i119 (I think it was M:body) were pretty underwhelming, iirc. So there's hoping that they won't be amazing for Adhemar.

Why? I'd hate myself for not having Adhemar +1, but at the same time, I'd hate myself for trying so hard to get Vexed items.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-07 16:23:57  
Lustratio head/legs look good, and hands/feet have potential.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-08-08 02:27:20  
So... Rawhide Body path A now overtakes Path D.
Although, you'll all love this, Thaumas body is back on top again.

Umm... Samnuha Legs trump everything for both TP and WS it seems.
2 of the Augmented Taming Sari rape all non-terp daggers.
Skormoth Mask , Perfect TA Taeon, and Dampening Head are all neck 'n neck and will depend on your TP set.
Rajas seems to kill Onieros ring with the new gear/daggers.
Taeon Legs are better than Ta'Lab legs.

Leaving me with this set as current optimal:
Dnc/Sam, Hume, Red Curry Bun, Haste2 + March2, Haste Samba, Soundsplitter Bats, 500JP.

1333 DPS
ItemSet 336858

Swapping Thaumus to A15 Rawhide and Dampening to Skormoth will give you survivability and sits at 1321DPS.

I didn't spend a lot of time on this, and I'm not extremely familiar with the newest gear, but maybe give people a rough idea.

For what it's worth Skudo, altering Job Points from 1200 to 500 actually INcreased my DPS.
By geigei 2015-08-08 03:10:24  
Thats low, i was getting 1500+ dps before new gear, now 1856 with perfect daggers.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-08 03:37:38  
Looking at the sheets, as far as the reforged abjuration gear goes...

Lustratio +1:
Head - The best PK head even without augments
Body - Unlikely to be useful
Hands - Not useful without augments, but likely are the best PK hands with augments
Legs - Not useful without Augments, but likely the best Rudra's and Evisceration legs with augments.
Feet - Best PK feet even without augments, competitive with a perfectly augmented crit Taeon for Evisceration even without augments

Adhemar +1:
Head - Probably the best TP head with augments
Body - Likely the best TP body with augments
Hands - Best TP hands even without augments
Legs - Unlikely to be useful
Feet - Unlikely to be useful

The main danger of the Lustratio set is its lack of Acc compared to augmented Taeon gear. The main danger of the Adhemar gear is how goddamned expensive it would be.

Looking at the sheet a bit more:
Superficially, the DPS of PK spam is approaching that of Climactic Rudra's. I'd be unsurprised if it passes it after augments. However, it's kind of irrelevant because CF-Rudra's is primarily used for skillchaining, in which case the final WS damage is amplified and the sheet dramatically underestimates the actual DPS.

Taming Sari x2 spamming Evisceration is a little bit worse (4%) than a Terpsichore/Taming Sari without AM3 spamming Pyrrhic Kleos, but it benefits more from CF Rudra's (+20%). I'd say this is approximately the break-even point for DNC. If you have Terpsi, good. Use it and AM3 when it's practical. If you don't, I would say don't worry about it and just get two Taming Saris. You'll play slightly differently, but the difference will be pretty minor and you won't have to mess around with AM3.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-08 12:46:19  
Asura.Cambion said: »
For what it's worth Skudo, altering Job Points from 1200 to 500 actually INcreased my DPS.

Lower DW tier = more TP per swing. Likely is "better" than whatever ATK you get in gifts.

So the plan is to stop at 549 JPs and not bother getting more JPs. Also, let's start over the whole Thaumas discussion again! \o/
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-08 13:52:55  
To 1-down Byrth's mind games about unaugmented HQ abjuration gear, I'll totally join the fray and talk about NQ abjuration gear! I'm assuming no augments, because I don't feel like being clairvoyant.

Lustratio...
Head: This is a decent Pyrrhic Kleos head, but falls behind to other options, e. g. augmented Taeon Chapeau.
Body: Useless.
Hands: Useless.
Legs: Interesting piece for sure; good for Rudra's Storm, especially when used with Climactic Flourish.
Feet: Strong Pyrrhic Kleos shoes, if you don't feel like augmenting other gear, but it's usually behind augmented Taeon and Rawhide.

Adhemar...
Head: Very strong TP piece, if its lack of accuracy doesn't hurt.
Body: It's trailing its other options by quite a bit, but it's still very strong and very useful, when you need Dual Wield in gear still, e. g. if you only have Haste II.
Hands: This probably is the 2nd best TP piece, trailing only its HQ.
Legs: Nope.
Feet: Aeolian Edge! But apart from that, it doesn't seem useful at all.

My ultimate plan probably is to get NQ pieces where useful and upgrade them to HQ whenever they happen to pop on the AH (unlikely) or whenever my trusted crafter ends up making one for me. The abjurations seem to come from Escha - Ru'Aun Gardens, so there's no need to assume that stuff actually is "difficult" to get. Unlike Provenance/Mul in ye olden days.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-09 02:31:55  
Augments on Lustratio Leggings (NQ):

A: Attack+15, STR+5, Double Attack +2
B: Accuracy+15, DEX+5, Critical Hit Rate +2
C: Accuracy+8, Attack+8, Store TP +4
D: HP+50, STR+10 DEX+10
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-09 04:38:56  
Which path would you guys take for Lustratio?
The lack of acc is partially compensated by the insane amount of DEX given by some paths, thanks to the 1:0,75 conversion ratio.

Wonder how the set bonus works on HQ Lustratio.
Likely 2%, 3%, 4% and 5% WS damage respectively for 2, 3, 4 and 5 set pieces?

Oh you guys forgot to mention Ta'lar Trousers. While waiting for better options it's a decent piece if you get perf augs.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-09 04:54:11  
Head: Path A, B, or D
Hands: Path A, B, or D
Legs: Path B or D
Feet: Path D

Worth noting they're only Ex, so you could have two for Acc vs. not WS builds.
 Bahamut.Flareon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-08-09 05:25:44  
Thinking about adopting Samnuha Coat for Violent flourish. I got one with totals of DEX 33, INT 20, Macc.34 (23 native, 11 from augment). I'd like to pit it against Horos Casaque +1, which is my current choice (DEX 29, INT 23, Violent F. Acc. 37).

I am not sure if Violent Flourish Accuracy is one form of magic accuracy for stun only with 1:1 values, or if it similarly related to physical acc, or a mix of both.

Consider that i didn't get perfect augments... Macc can go up 4 more points.

Any thoughts?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-09 06:03:29  
You're still better off with Horos. Physical accuracy doesn't affect the stun proc rate, so unless you're worried about having an uncapped hit rate (VF gets +100 Acc natively), you should really only care about the magic accuracy.

34 < 37, so Horos is still better. It's not clear which base stat factors in to the proc rate (if any of them do).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-09 06:52:17  
Byrth you talk about D but afaik only the Feet's path D was reported.
Head/Body/Hands/Legs are likely to get different stats for path D.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-09 06:56:44  
That's why I put D. I can't rule it out.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 02:19:16  
Bahamut.Flareon said: »
Any thoughts?
What Byrth said about it.
Also don't skip Leyline Gloves, with best augs they could be a nice Flourish piece (lots of acc, lots of macc)

Guys any update on additional D path for Lustratio?
Any news on ABC for Adhemar?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-10 02:22:49  
Adhemar (NQ for certain, possibly HQ):

Path A: 10 AGI 10 DEX 15 Acc
Path B: 10 STR 10 DEX 15 Attack
Path C: 10 AGI 15 Racc 15 Ratt

Path D (boots) : HP, STP, snapshot (exact values unknown)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 02:32:43  
Uh, very plain it seems.
Thanks Oraen!
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-10 05:19:40  
Updated Adhemar spreadsheet, so we can optimise against 1010 evasion (1058 accuracy required) mobs even harder: https://goo.gl/tk10gx

Things worth of note (non-Derps):
* Adhemar A15 legs, hands, and body are the strongest (accuracy-wise) accuracy pieces right now, beating Taeon Tights, Rawhide Gloves B15, and Rawhide Vest B15 now.
* If your accuracy can support it, Adhemar B15 head and hands are superior for TP.
* If you have to stab mobs from behind (e. g. in tanked situations), Adhemar B15 is the way to go.
* If you don't want to (low fSTR, love for your healer) or can't (accuracy issues) use Thaumas Coat, Adhemar Jacket B15 seems a tiny bit worse than Rawhide Vest D15. The difference is so small and seeing how Adhemar Jacket B15 is a strong WS piece, you might want to save inventory + $$$ by just going with Adhemar B15.

Keep in mind that we're missing the D paths still.
By Wordspoken 2015-08-10 07:29:54  
If you want to skip abjuration/escha-ru'aun, how passable are alluvion-yorcia/escha-zi'tah gear?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 80 81 82