All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30
 Bismarck.Linkka
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Linkka 2016-03-16 19:39:38  
Your Enfeebling set should be 588 or so, with a max ghostfyre and gifts/merits. Mine is sitting at 577 with +9 enfeebling augment on ghostfyre (+7 macc/+9 enf/+10 enh/+14 enh dur).

ItemSet 342537
By Boshi 2016-03-16 19:57:50  
Just use the white combo instead of gwati/enchanter

It's 14macc (g/e) vs 14 or 16 (delve) and delve has the mnd potency element to it
By Creecreelo 2016-03-16 20:17:18  
There's also dignitary's earring.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2016-03-17 04:37:33  
Would DW'ing 2 Gada be best for Enf magic skill? Without augments it is already at +40 macc and +36 Enf magic skill(wielding 2). With decent Macc augments and MND could reach the 625 enf skill easy to reach the soft cap of frazzle III.

Just a thought, I was just toying around with /nin to DW malevolence's for more m.acc, seemed to work better for me since some of the higher tier mobs resist most enfeebles.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-17 08:53:31  
Bismarck.Linkka said: »
Your Enfeebling set should be 588 or so, with a max ghostfyre and gifts/merits. Mine is sitting at 577 with +9 enfeebling augment on ghostfyre (+7 macc/+9 enf/+10 enh/+14 enh dur).

ItemSet 342537

Have something that doesn't include an Adoulin ring? My sets are trying to avoid making Adoulin ring-dependent sets.

Maybe replace Irrwisch Ring with Sangoma Ring since it has more MAcc. Also, Medium's Sabots have more MAcc and Enfeebling skill than Vitivation boots+1 so I think those are better in every way outside of Paralyze 2 duration.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-17 10:17:53  
Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Would DW'ing 2 Gada be best for Enf magic skill? Without augments it is already at +40 macc and +36 Enf magic skill(wielding 2). With decent Macc augments and MND could reach the 625 enf skill easy to reach the soft cap of frazzle III.

Just a thought, I was just toying around with /nin to DW malevolence's for more m.acc, seemed to work better for me since some of the higher tier mobs resist most enfeebles.

It doesn't look like RDM is on Gada.
 Bismarck.Linkka
By Bismarck.Linkka 2016-03-17 11:09:09  
Ragnarok.Rydal said: »
Bismarck.Linkka said: »

ItemSet 342537

Have something that doesn't include an Adoulin ring? My sets are trying to avoid making Adoulin ring-dependent sets.

Maybe replace Irrwisch Ring with Sangoma Ring since it has more MAcc. Also, Medium's Sabots have more MAcc and Enfeebling skill than Vitivation boots+1 so I think those are better in every way outside of Paralyze 2 duration.

I would be using Medium's Sabots if I had them, S.R. has mostly died out on Bismarck. As a full time Red Mage, I don't see point of not getting Weatherspoon Ring, but in that case use either Leviathan Ring +1 or Globidonta Ring depending on your preference on MND vs skill.
By Boshi 2016-03-17 11:34:09  
I'm an Orvail ring user

Para/Slow mnd enfeebs:
Leviathan +1 x2

Distract/Frazzle/Addle/Poison
Irrwisch & Globidonta

Int macc enfeebs (sleep distract dispel)
Vertigo & Metamorph Ring +1

Stun
Evanescence & Lebeche

Overall I'd say Globidonta is the most important, Incursion is very easy to farm now and this week the boss coffers are all Hq so I would suggest doing that before Tuesday.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2016-03-17 12:45:40  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Phoenix.Skyfire said: »

It doesn't look like RDM is on Gada.

Oh... well that is horrible... Didn't even notice that...
[+]
 Siren.Siven
サーバ: Siren
user: quinevis
By Siren.Siven 2016-03-22 06:57:04  
Would anyone mind answering a slew of modern day red mage questions in PM?
 Bismarck.Norminator
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-03-22 11:04:02  
I was wondering which is more important for enfeebling magic? Enfeebling skill or magic accuracy ?
On my enfeebling set i have 570 enfeebling skill but alot of magic accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-03-24 15:01:14  
Enfeebling magic skill IS magic accuracy if used on enfeebling spells. Skill translates to magic accuracy to a 1:1 ratio so 570 skill=570 magic accuracy (for enfeebling spells) added to your normal magic accuracy. Normal magic accuracy is better if you're using different spells without switching gear (nuking in the same gear) aka not using gearswap or gearset switching macros.

Higher enfeebling skill will just increase magic accuracy so if you have gear with very high magic accuracy (+40-50), you'd be better off with that and some magic potency gear.
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-24 15:38:29  
Higher enfeebling skill will just increase magic accuracy so if you have gear with very high magic accuracy (+40-50), you'd be better off with that and some magic potency gear.

For some spells, Enfeebling Magic skill is also potency.

Offhand, the effect of the Poison, Distract, and Frazzle series of spells scale with Enfeebling skill (Protey posted testing in BG's thread here, and SE mentioned this aspect (and the caps) in this post.

'course, for several others (as shown in that SE post), MND or INT are what'd be important for potency.
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-03-25 07:06:20  
I think the second link there didn't go where you intended.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-25 07:10:54  
Fixed
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-04 07:19:54  
What enfeebles would the +enfeebling effect body NOT be used for, and what is the #1 BiS that would take its place?
By Boshi 2016-04-04 23:46:54  
Sleep, Sleep2, Sleepga, Silence, Dispel

And eiter merlinic or chironic body (1int difference so i guess merlinic), best aug possible in theory being INT+15 Macc+40, barring a loldarkmattergoodluckbro int20macc50
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-05 07:30:25  
Am I losing my mind or does that new ambuscade cape have +10 enfeebling magic effect on it...? I am gonna guess that won't end up stacking with Leth. Sayon, WKR boots don't, right? Either way, that cape is going to have crazy macc. 20 MND, 20 MACC/MAB, 10 Enfeeb., and either haste, MAB or fast cast in the final slot. Wheee @_@
By tyalangan 2016-04-05 10:13:13  
I think you are correct. I think it is ENF Potency which I would assume would stack with Leth. body. Plus, with the accuracy like you stated it will be an incredible enfeebling piece. However, without ENF 'skill' I assume it would not be a good piece for Distract and other spells that potency is determined by actual ENF 'skill'. 1 Potency = x enfeebling skill? That would determine if this cape can replace ALL enfeebling capes.
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-05 12:23:42  
My instinct says that it would at least be equivalent if not greater in the case of enfeebles that scale with potency, but I have literally zero proof to back that up, so my instinct isn't worth a dime. I'm not convinced it will end up stacking, but i'm looking forward to hearing what the verdict is when someone actually qualified to do the testing and math-ing gets their hands on it.
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-15 07:38:38  
What are people doing for slot 3 on their ambuscade capes? MAB?
 Asura.Xredx
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2016-04-17 07:04:03  
what does the rdm melee set look like these days? im still using full Taeon but is there a better option?
 Asura.Xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2016-04-17 08:14:28  
also wondering what kind of acc numbers are we looking at pre buffs andd food
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-18 10:35:06  
Taeon, Carmine (+1), and Despair sets are the best RDM have at the moment for melee. I suppose melee oriented Chironic set but I've not seen anyone use that. There are a few stand alone pieces that could help too.

In other news, I am trying to make an Almace. Please give me strength. Murgleis/Almace combo coming to a Red Mage near you.
 Asura.Xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2016-04-24 10:53:23  
Im working on carmine +1 at the moment but my accuracy floats around the 950 mark at the moment with out any buffs. Im using taeon with 20/20 acc/att.

I dual wield demersal degans so acc from the weapon slot is non existent.

What is your accuracy?
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-24 11:12:02  
You definitely want to get some acc on your weapons. RDM's lower sword skill means we have to work harder on our acc for higher level content. Nibiru Blade Path B, Egeking, Alluvion Skirmish sword, and Colada all give good acc boosts. The first 2 are easier to get. I'd say get one or two of those over Demersals until your acc gear is better.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-24 11:22:56  
Composure more then makes up for the skill deficit. The real issue is that RDM isn't on the higher accuracy gear, other then Carmine +1. I wouldn't main hand a dimersal degen because of the lower DMG rating, off hand the +1 and main hand a high damage sword or dagger.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-25 08:56:15  
ItemSet 342296

I'm thinking about something like this. Obviously REM is better and you can whatever sword you have (Fettering Blade, well-augmented Claidheamh Soluis, Nibiru Blade, Demersal Degen+1 offhand). Personally I use Claidheamh Soluis with Dmg+14, Acc/Atk+15, DA+4 main and Egeking max augment off right now but I swap in Nibiru Blade and Demersal+1 when I can. Combatant's torque gives +15 sword skill and store TP but I'm not sure if it's better than sanctity necklace or asperity necklace. Taeon hands might be replaceable but I'm not sure with what (Carmine hands suck and I'm pretty sure well augmented Taeon beat Despair).
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-25 13:22:27  
Taeon hands might be replaceable but I'm not sure with what (Carmine hands suck and I'm pretty sure well augmented Taeon beat Despair).

I'd say head slot is much the same - well augmented Taeon is likely better due to TA/crit/etc compared to the relatively straightforward stats on Despair. Carmine/+1 offers more ACC.

In the hand slot, for ACC purposes you could also use well augmented Leyline gloves.

In either the head or hand slot, Chironic has 15ACC base, so with augments can become great. I think the main issue there is lower Haste%, necessitating making it up elsewhere (something Despair can help with I guess, with path B). Could also use, say, Grounded Mantle +1 (or Hasty Pinion +1, but that's even worse for STP).

If the goal is ACC, then probably at least swapping the belt to something like Kentarch +1 would help.

Some pieces also seem situational too, like, unless /NIN, you could possibly work more DW in, so Taeon Boots perhaps.

Lissome Necklace might be a happy medium for the neck slot. Kind of a lot of slight variations on the theme there anyway.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-25 14:19:25  
Hmm yeah. Leyline gloves are good if you are lucky with augments. Pretty sure they are BiS for FC too barring crazy Merlinic/Chironic augments.

Chironic has to have good Acc/Atk/DW/DA/etc augments to be all-round better I think.

Luckily we have the easiest to HQ abjuration which gives a lot of extra acc. Legs and Feet+1 already gives us +20 acc with the acc we get from the pieces themselves. Getting head+1 will help even more.

As far as DW is concerned, I'm not sure where to put it in. Assuming we're using the set I posted as a base:

Sub DNC: +15 OR Sub NIN: +25
Suppanomimi: +5
Carmine Legs+1: +6
Taeon Feet: +4
Taeon augments: +5 max each piece
Chironic augments: +5 max each piece

Since we have access to Temper and Temper II, we can afford to lose some DA/TA on equipment in order to gain some DW and if we sub DNC, we get access to Haste Samba. I don't think we need to add a crazy amount of DW gear. We have limited options anyway.

Edit: I forgot about the Ambuscade cape. STR or DEX+20, Atk/Acc+20, Crit rate/Store TP/DA/DW+10 (we can't mix it right? +5 and +5). BiS for melee right?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30