All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-25 14:36:19  
Reiki Yotai is an excellent DW option, with nice accuracy and some extra STP. Not sure how it will fare against Windbuffet for RDM specifically, but it's definitely a contender.
By Boshi 2016-04-25 14:59:21  
Hetaroi ring probably beat out rajas for tp, more so if not using demersal, and would be bis ring for cdc non-acc purposed.

Pure accuracy reasons, Gazu Bracelets +1 have replaced leyline.

The belt is a good piece but again with capped magic haste it's probably best just staying carmine legs+1 with suppo.

/dnc can go chew rocks.

Most importantly:
If your first RDM Ambuscade cape is not mnd20/macc20 you're not a RDM.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-25 16:08:13  
I agree that the first Ambuscade cape should be magic oriented because RDM is definitely more powerful on the magic side and the cape itself is magic leaning. A second cape would be the stats I proposed.

/dnc has its merits, but honestly, I'm thinking about going back to /nin most of the time.
 Siren.Siven
サーバ: Siren
user: quinevis
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-26 07:48:17  
Assuming /nin and self Haste2 but nothing else, what would be the aim for +dual wield total on all pieces? That is not the sort of thing I am good at determining. Then, what about the same setup but with another person in the party who is main DNC with haste samba up?
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-26 11:11:21  
Siren.Siven said: »
Assuming /nin and self Haste2 but nothing else, what would be the aim for +dual wield total on all pieces? That is not the sort of thing I am good at determining. Then, what about the same setup but with another person in the party who is main DNC with haste samba up?

Just look at the equations presented on BG Wiki.

Essentially from that:

(1 - DW%) * (1024 - magic/gear/JA values) / 1024 = percent of delay remaining

The cap for that will be 20%. It's a fraction of 1024, and 20% of that is 204.8. So, what you can do is change it around:

204.8 / (1024 - magic/gear/JA values) = (1 -DW%)

So, for your example, you'd have:

204.8 / (1024 -256 -307) (capped gear haste and Haste II)
204.8 / 461 = .44425
1 - .44425 = .55575, which you'd want to floor at two places for .55 or 55 total dual wield, 30 in gear if /NIN.

If you added main job/merited Haste Samba, then that'd be

204.8 / (1024 -256 -307 -101)
204.8 / 360 = .5688888
1 - .56888 = .43112 or 43 total dual wield, 18 in gear if /NIN.
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-04-27 07:43:34  
Thanks. Math is very much not my forte. I can see where all those numbers came from, but if I tried to achieve that on my own I would have ended up somewhere far, far different. On an only tangentially related note: how do people feel about Emissary? Two emissaries along the refresh path seem pretty amazing for dual wielding. Not necessarily for the sole goal of TPing, but for the purpose of retaining full magical capabilities as /nin while in combat (+130 magic damage each!), especially considering that your +refresh armor is not likely to be engaged. You won't get the full accuracy benefit of an egeking offhand, but there is still some accuracy on there as well.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-27 08:25:59  
Emissary is more of a magical sword from the stats. As a melee sword, I think Nibiru beats it in the accuracy department just barely if both are Path A. It's a better sword than it looks I guess.

Whether dual wielding it over clubs or subbing a mage job and using a staff/grip is worth it or not is up to you. I don't have the math to see how nuking would look like subbing nin or dnc with two emissaries would compare with subbing blm or sch with something like Grioavolr or Marin +1. Mind you, it has no INT at all on it. I only have one so I can't really test it out.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-05-04 01:17:09  
I'm having trouble with separating my spells in my Gearswap in order to ensure I have the right gear on when casting enhancing magic.
example:

Stoneskin I want full Enhancing magic skill, not duration.
Temper: Skill
Enspells: Skill
Haste I want Duration
Aquavail: Duration
ect.

Then I have yet another problem, I was also trying to get Gearswap to separate the difference between Refresh on myself and Refresh on others.
I want Gearswap to have Inspired boots and Gishdubar Sash when casting on myself as well as needing to have AF3 when casting on others for duration.

If anyone has done this, or has any idea how to do this, i'm stuck, I tried to make a job_post_midcast rule but it doesnt seem to be working right.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2016-05-04 14:48:07  
Here's what mine looks like. My default enhancing set is skill so I added an extra IF then so it only does duration on spells I specified. It's not the most efficient but it gets the job done.

By Boshi 2016-05-04 15:56:43  
At lvl 99 you're gonna be capping base stoneskin at 350 without the need to stack enhancing+ gear. You can bump it up to 480 using the SS specific neck/ear/hands/legs tho.

For dw to simplify it, here is how much DW+ you need in gear to cap

/nin capped magic haste: +11
/dnc capped magic haste +21
/dnc capped magic haste and /dnc samba +16
/nin capped magic haste and /dnc samba +6
/nin capped magic haste and dnc/ samba +1
/nin Haste2 only +26
/dnc Haste2 only +36
/dnc Haste2 and /dnc samba +31
/nin Haste2 and /dnc samba +21
/nin Haste2 and dnc/ samba +16

(Assuming capped gear haste)
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-05-08 22:50:12  
Quendi210 said: »
Here's what mine looks like. My default enhancing set is skill so I added an extra IF then so it only does duration on spells I specified. It's not the most efficient but it gets the job done.

No matter what I do to my gearswap, even go with one of the pre written ones, it will not put on composure gear when casting on others. I'm not sure if maybe its something wrong with another file and not my RDM.lua? I redownloaded the full gearswap by deleting the folder and turning gs back on.

I'm at a complete loss.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-05-08 23:28:40  
You have a second job_post_midcast function that is overwriting the first (which doesn't have any Composure rules written in there anyway).

Also, you really shouldn't be using the aftercast function, as that will overwrite Mote's and cause issues. You should be using job_aftercast or job_post_aftercast instead.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-05-08 23:40:18  
Thanks for the fixes, I added the MB in from my BLM lua and didn't see that it was the same.

I did move it into the first one, and I changed my aftercast to job_post_aftercast.

I had a few things to touch up (mostly from more messing around) but that did fix my issues!
By tyalangan 2016-05-10 13:38:23  
Considering two capes:
MND20:MAC20/MD20:MAB10

INT20:MAC20/MD20:MAB10

Is MND still worthwhile in adding % potency increase to Slow and Paralyze or is it easily capped (on zitah/ruaun NMs and lower) with all the 119 stat gear we have received? If the answer is 'more MND is always better' then I will do the MND cape but if not I would really like the INT for nukes and black magic enfeebles.

Slow/Paralyze/Addle are important and Distract is solely Enfeebling so MND would be my first choice if I actually needed the MND. Otherwise INT has more uses to me.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-10 13:56:53  
Distract/Frazzle are also MND.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2016-05-10 14:10:21  
tyalangan said: »
Considering two capes:
MND20:MAC20/MD20:MAB10

INT20:MAC20/MD20:MAB10

Is MND still worthwhile in adding % potency increase to Slow and Paralyze or is it easily capped (on zitah/ruaun NMs and lower) with all the 119 stat gear we have received? If the answer is 'more MND is always better' then I will do the MND cape but if not I would really like the INT for nukes and black magic enfeebles.

Slow/Paralyze/Addle are important and Distract is solely Enfeebling so MND would be my first choice if I actually needed the MND. Otherwise INT has more uses to me.

For the MND cape choose something besides MAB. You'll eventually be able to make a full nuking cape. Over time I might end up making 5 RDM capes.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-05-10 14:10:27  
With the new needle item, you can switch whenever you want. Personally, I say MND>INT although I too was tempted to go INT. What exactly is INT being used for other than nukes?
By Yandaime 2016-05-11 06:55:38  
I believe you can only purchase two needles per month from talking to the npc "You can purchase two more of these..."

Also MND controls all White Magic enfeebs and INT controls all Black Magic. As for their effects, they will certainly give M-Acc for the matching stat (2 INT: 1 ACC if magic uses old calculations) and possibly some potency too for certain spells

Blind has a potency mod (lol-blind)
Bind had one if anyone remembers the bind - kite days
Distract and Frazzle maybe? I remember the devs eluding to these spells being skill based so I'm not sure if INT would effect potency but Accuracy for sure
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-05-11 07:01:17  
only for nuke , made more cape, 4 is a good ^^

Nuke one: INT MACC/MDMD MAB
Enfee/cure one : MND MACC CURE POT
DD one : DEX ACC/ATT STP
WS one : DEX ACC/ATT Crit

Atm i'm too lazy to spam ambuscade ...
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-05-11 08:32:24  
Yandaime said: »
Blind has a potency mod (lol-blind)
Bind had one if anyone remembers the bind - kite days
Distract and Frazzle maybe? I remember the devs eluding to these spells being skill based so I'm not sure if INT would effect potency but Accuracy for sure

Right. But other than nukes and a few Black magic enfeebles that it may or may not affect the potency of the enfeebles (Dispel? Sleep?, lolBlind, lolBind, unsure about Distract/Frazzle but enfeebling skill definitely increases potency as it goes up), INT isn't more useful than MND would, which directly affects Paralyze, Addle,and Silence, as well as our Cure spells.

Asura.Psylo said: »

Pretty much the same except I'm not making a a third for Crit and my MND cape will have either enmity -10 or FC +10 (haven't decided...) because I overcapped Cure potency in my healing set already. The Ambuscade cape would hurt my set because it'd reduce my Healing skill. At least we can fully augment up to 5 capes total this month if we did 2 last month. I'm doing 2 RDM, 1 BLU, 1 SMN, and still deciding the last cape.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-11 10:01:13  
Ragnarok.Rydal said: »
At least we can fully augment up to 5 capes total this month if we did 2 last month. I'm doing 2 RDM, 1 BLU, 1 SMN, and still deciding the last cape.

How can we augment 5? I counted 2 fully augmented with hallmarks and 1 from gallantry. how can we augment the other 2?

Forget it, I reread. you counted in the ones from last month
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-05-11 10:25:58  
Since i finish my murgleis III, i guess if i would made another cape for Death blossom since i get some nice nnumber, but never reach CDC one (this damn ws ... so much powerfull really)
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-05-11 12:51:51  
Since i finish my murgleis III, i guess if i would made another cape for Death blossom since i get some nice nnumber, but never reach CDC one (this damn ws ... so much powerfull really)

You use full Taeon on your TP set or mix Taeon and Carmine/+1?

Also, did you test Murgleis AMIII with Culminus yet? Does it beat out a decently augmented Grioavoir?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-05-12 04:20:41  
Atm, i use this TP set :
ItemSet 338329

But i'm working on some upgrade :
- Combat torque (since i'm around 0/20 on wol ...)
- Carmine head + 1
- RDM TP cape (ambuscade spaming boring me)

When i check my acc in reinji with only 2 vorseal ACC++ from WKR i reach (no food) 1350 acc with this set (with colada off hands on low level i use demer+1), but can't compet BLU at all (anyway who can compet blu ...)

For nuke with murgleis, i have made some quick test ( i will made a real test with number because ppl love number) but
1 - NO AM : Grioavoir WIN but murgleis+shield have more macc so less resist on huge ilevel
2 - AM2 UP : Murgleis win
 Siren.Siven
By Siren.Siven 2016-05-12 08:05:05  
Doesn't INT also affect the ability to land Frazzle/Distract, regardless of potency?
By Boshi 2016-05-16 15:22:51  
only for nuke , made more cape, 4 is a good ^^

Could I see your cure set? i'm just curious. I play rdm/blu/thf so last month i did rdm mnd/macc, blu dex/accatt/crit, thf wsd. So This month i finished the thf wsd cape as one of my 3 but still have a 10 sap left over. Wondering if i should use it on the rdm one to finish it or something else

Just of note: with taeon feet suppo and carmine legs that puts you at dw+15. I personally use the blood feet but eassy fix could be dropping suppo for like cessance/dignitary/telos to be at dw10.

Another relatively easy upgrade now is rajas to petrov.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-05-18 14:20:37  
For cure i use this one
ItemSet 343776

So around 260 MND, healing Skill 524 (in light mode, 488 without)
cure cap and 14% cure received bonus

For my tp set, i try to avoid DA because AM3, but all set need ... always ... upgrade
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-05-31 15:34:42  
Does anyone have any up to date sets or things I should be aiming for for enfeeble sets? int/mnd for potency and macc ones specifically. I have access to most everything, just not sure what I should be aiming for right now.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-05-31 15:52:30  
I finally mastered RDM during the last CP campaign. I'm working on perfecting my RDM melee set right now. Currently, I'm hitting 1050~ without a full accuracy set or buffs/food, just gear. I'm torn between a lot of different things: weapons, accessories, and augments.

ItemSet 342296
This is what I'm aiming for, minus RMEA options. Here's my logic on some pieces:

-Taeon is augmented with Str/Dex+7, Acc/Atk+15-20 and DW+4-5 on head and hands and TA+2 on the body
-Suppa and Combatant's gives me +20 sword skill total to help with damage and accuracy.
-Carmine Legs+1, Suppa, and Reiki Belt gives me +18 DW, with the +8-10 above gives +26-28 which pretty much reaches the attack speed goal with /nin and Haste 2.
-Dignitary's Earring is mostly for accuracy. Replaceable by Telos and/or Cessance.
-Between Petrov, Rajas and Hetairoi, I chose two of them. Not sure if there are better options.
-Ambuscade cape augmented: DEX+20, Acc/Atk+20, Store TP+10 (not sure if DA+10 is better)
-The waist slot is an issue for me. There are so many great options. Windbuffet+1, Reiki Yotai, Sarissaphoroi Belt, Kentarch Belt+1. I use Kentarch+1 for accuracy right now, but I feel that Windbuffet or Reiki are way better.

/checkparam showed me that my accuracy offhanding Nibiru Blade Path A vs. fully augmented Egeking is not a big difference (Egeking has maybe 10 or so more accuracy, while missing an equal amount of attack). With Coladas, Nibiru Blade, Fettering Blade, Demersal+1 and Egeking at my disposal, not sure what combo is the best bang for my buck.

As far as RMEA options, is Excalibur worth the trouble? It's attack power is colossal but the aftermath isn't that great. Murgleis is great and also a goal but it's a little more far off at the moment. Almace is almost impossible for me to get right now. Sequence will be a byproduct of doing Reisenjima so I'm not looking to go out of my way to obtain it. Your results? Murgleis owners are few and far between (I know Psylo loves Murgleis AG) but feedback on how it compares to the others (main/offhanding RMEA vs Colada) would be great.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-06-02 18:10:16  
I have a question about the effects of Temper II.

Does it have the same effect as aftermath in that it would trigger at the end of the multihit check, since it is a spell, or does it count as gear TA?

Basically I worry that I need to drop as much DA gear as possible as not to check a DA when I could have gotten a TA much like mythic owners.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-06-03 02:16:33  
It counts as gear TA.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30