Unsoloable Mobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2015-09-07 18:44:58  
Cerberus.Lasareth said: »
spatial displacement or whatever it's called :)
 Leviathan.Protey
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-07 18:46:19  
good deal, thanks.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-09-07 18:47:14  
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »

I had to look it up, they're all the same to me lol. I think it's Planar Rift for Voidwatch.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2015-09-07 18:47:50  
I know SCH can do it. Maybe BLM if geared correctly with the right atmacites... unfortunately my BLM has fallen way behind (and might not have a fast enough stun timer even with top gear).

I ask about BLU because it can kill both fetters and I have a friend with a good BLU who I can probably convince to do with me if he ever gets on again lol.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2015-09-07 18:49:22  

I had to look it up, they're all the same to me lol. I think it's Planar Rift for Voidwatch.

lol, you seemed to remember better than me, so I agreed

I still need PW fight... almost pulled it off 2-boxing BST and BLM... just too much going on
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-07 18:50:04  
I know SCH can do it. Maybe BLM if geared correctly with the right atmacites... unfortunately my BLM has fallen way behind (and might not have a fast enough stun timer even with top gear).

I ask about BLU because it can kill both fetters and I have a friend with a good BLU who I can probably convince to do with me if he ever gets on again lol.

I'm thinking RDM can to, as RDM can kill both fetters as well. The question I have is if the fetters are up will you even need to kill them if you use Requiescat on PW?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2015-09-07 18:54:55  
Leviathan.Protey said: »

I'm thinking RDM can to, as RDM can kill both fetters as well. The question I have is if the fetters are up will you even need to kill them if you use Requiescat on PW?

I think time dealing with both fetters and PW is what would trip people up. Hence the SCH doing it (if I recall) without dealing with fetters due to stunning or outrunning spells. RDM may be able to pull it off... but my BLM isn't up to par, no way my RDM is

Then again, one nuke should be able to take care of half of the fetters, and 1 WS from RDM?

Wish I had more experience.

I do know that even with a pet on BST that can do magic dmg- when a pet kills one fetter, it runs back to me and then I get the ***nuked out of me lol
 Cerberus.Lasareth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-09-07 19:24:16  
I've done PW (x5 weakened) on RDM/BLM with some difficulty (it got messy near the end when he disabled my sub job). The damage reduction from what I remembered cannot be bypassed so you pretty much have to kill the fetters if they pop (Leaving one up near the end isn't terrible though). The method that worked for me was to just stun any spell I could stun (Addle 2 helped a lot there). If I didn't stun fetters then I spent so much time trying to kill them that PW would already be close to casting his next spell and my damage output wasn't enough to kill him in the time limit.

The fight just comes down to "can you kill it before time runs out"
 Asura.Katairyu
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-09-07 19:29:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
You aren't dying though. You're getting knocked out. Kinda like a boxer. Just because a boxer gets knocked down doesn't mean they lost. It's part of the rules that allows for it. The rules of FFXI allow for getting knocked out and raising up again.

This bit really stood out for me as you raise a good point, Final Fantasy has always been a series where this has been allowed. But I feel that what Protey is saying has a lot of merit too.

I guess the question is, and just assume the worst for a second, are we okay with all future solos that are submitted using this repeated Re-Raise DoT combo? Because there's a good chance that it could happen.
 Shiva.Klamora
サーバ: Shiva
user: klamora
By Shiva.Klamora 2015-09-07 19:30:29  
hmmm... he died to Yumcax. The question is, do we still count that. Because if so, then anyone just going /rdm or /blm could Bio2 it to death and keep reraiseing and repeat since there is no time limit. I suppose it is up to the OP if he wants to count that or not.

[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-07 19:32:48  
Asura.Katairyu said: »
You aren't dying though. You're getting knocked out. Kinda like a boxer. Just because a boxer gets knocked down doesn't mean they lost. It's part of the rules that allows for it. The rules of FFXI allow for getting knocked out and raising up again.

This bit really stood out for me as you raise a good point, Final Fantasy has always been a series where this has been allowed. But I feel that what Protey is saying has a lot of merit too.

I guess the question is, and just assume the worst for a second, are we okay with all future solos that are submitted using this repeated Re-Raise DoT combo? Because there's a good chance that it could happen.

I'd watch a 5+hr video of someone doing this to something considered unsoloable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-07 20:05:36  

Most of what we have left on the list at this point, and likely all coming content, will have timers. I think that because of this, it's probably unlikely that people can actually win this way within the allotted time.

That being said, what people used to do on those super long solo fights that took hours upon hours back in the day was speed the videos up. I watched those back then, they were fine.
[+]
By Armyguy 2015-09-07 21:01:53  
Can somebody post the list of NM's that havent been soloed yet plz?
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-07 21:05:53  
It's on the first page.
By Armyguy 2015-09-07 21:06:14  
Thanks
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-07 21:22:45  
just throwing this out there while people are talking about prov, you also need procs

you don't see alignment, but it very clearly still influences your personal drops(including key items if those are what you're after)
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-09-10 05:00:06  

Most of what we have left on the list at this point, and likely all coming content, will have timers. I think that because of this, it's probably unlikely that people can actually win this way within the allotted time.

That being said, what people used to do on those super long solo fights that took hours upon hours back in the day was speed the videos up. I watched those back then, they were fine.

You raise another good point, in all honesty I can't see this strategy being a viable option for further fights.

Okay, I think we can allow this, although that said, it's much more impressive, at least to me, if players can complete solos without dying. :)
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 05:44:41  

You raise another good point, in all honesty I can't see this strategy being a viable option for further fights.

Okay, I think we can allow this, although that said, it's much more impressive, at least to me, if players can complete solos without dying. :)

It's viable for the two escha dragons (assuming other people don't do anything to them).
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-11 06:26:10  

It's viable for the two escha dragons (assuming other people don't do anything to them).

It isn't really. After anyone does anything aggressive, I don't believe that they go passive even if everyone dies and leaves. I've been attacked immediately after walking into the battle area which is why I believe this is the case. You'll never even move before being slaughtered again.

Even if everything DID go passive, you would need so many spawns to kill it that it would be impossible to NOT have someone else come along. So while it might be possible in theory, I don't think it's possible in practice. You can't deal enough damage in the 30 minutes you have.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 07:30:19  

It isn't really. After anyone does anything aggressive, I don't believe that they go passive even if everyone dies and leaves. I've been attacked immediately after walking into the battle area which is why I believe this is the case. You'll never even move before being slaughtered again.

Even if everything DID go passive, you would need so many spawns to kill it that it would be impossible to NOT have someone else come along. So while it might be possible in theory, I don't think it's possible in practice. You can't deal enough damage in the 30 minutes you have.

You need to work on your definition of impossible... it's not impossible. Especially once people get bored with killing the dragon and populations dwindle down even further. Another possibility is just convincing the people on your server to let you kill it by yourself.

edit: another possibility is go do it on the test server.

Since we're allowing infinite tries, that means all you have to do is apply DoT, die, home point, return, apply DoT, die, home point, return, apply DoT, etc. You don't need to deal enough damage in 30 minutes. It repops at the same amount of HP. It will probably take a couple days, but it is doable.

edit: oh, excuse me, not "die", but "K.O.'d".
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-11 08:03:30  
While I think being defeated and re-raising to take another shot at the fight is perfectly reasonable, I think it should have been handled a little differently so it didn't get abused.

And by that, I mean, if every player on a monsters enmity list were defeated, any and all DoTs should wear off immediately to prevent someone from being able to solo monsters of considerable strength with dot abuse. It doesn't really need to regenerate to 100% HP in addition to DoT removal, since without dot abuse you'd need to be capable of putting up some sort of fight.

I can recall a few instances of dot abuse in my time, but the one that stands out the most would be a semi-friend DoT'ing/Reraising Byakko to death, and getting a pair of haidates for 900k, not too bad for him I guess, but he did lose a considerable amount of experience, and had to use Bio II when he hit 74, heh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-11 08:06:48  

You need to work on your definition of impossible... it's not impossible. Especially once people get bored with killing the dragon and populations dwindle down even further. Another possibility is just convincing the people on your server to let you kill it by yourself.

Since we're allowing infinite tries, that means all you have to do is apply DoT, die, home point, return, apply DoT, die, home point, return, apply DoT, etc. You don't need to deal enough damage in 30 minutes. It repops at the same amount of HP. It will probably take a couple days, but it is doable.

Wasn't the test server closed? I seem to recall reading somewhere that the test server was closed.

Aside from that, you'd have to convince the entire playerbase on your server to leave the dragon alone for the few days it took you to kill the dragon. While MAYBE eventually the servers will become small enough for that to happen, it's not the case now. It isn't possible to solo the dragons in the current game state by DOTing it to death. We don't care about what is possible given perfect circumstance, we care about what people have ACTUALLY done. So there is no reason to remove the dragons from the list until someone actually does it.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 08:16:58  

Wasn't the test server closed? I seem to recall reading somewhere that the test server was closed.

Aside from that, you'd have to convince the entire playerbase on your server to leave the dragon alone for the few days it took you to kill the dragon. While MAYBE eventually the servers will become small enough for that to happen, it's not the case now. It isn't possible to solo the dragons in the current game state by DOTing it to death. We don't care about what is possible given perfect circumstance, we care about what people have ACTUALLY done. So there is no reason to remove the dragons from the list until someone actually does it.

Is it? I always see the button to play on the test server when I log in.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 09:32:37  
O, and just so we're clear... the OP has removed NMs from the list without people showing proof that they have ACTUALLY been solo'd.

For instance, have all the T1s and T2s in escha been solo'd? Where's the proof?

Have all the level capped BCNMs been solo'd?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-11 09:43:39  
O, and just so we're clear... the OP has removed NMs from the list without people showing proof that they have ACTUALLY been solo'd.

I was under the impression that he hadn't added the Escha ones yet. I haven't looked a the OP in a while. They shouldn't be removed from the list.

As for level capped BCNMs, that's a pretty good thing to add to the list. I think those SHOULD be added.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-11 11:37:37  
Should definitely keep track of the clearance time, I think it would encourage people to say "I could do it better!" instead of "oh, some RDM already beat it".
 Asura.Ensipid
user: Ensipid
By Asura.Ensipid 2015-09-11 11:41:52  
for all intensive purposes.

ಠ_ಠ
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-09-11 14:06:09  

Ah I never bothered adding the T1s and T2s because I assumed they were quite soloable, especially for pet jobs. And I didn't add in the BCNMs either as, again, I assumed most of the mobs in those are pretty soloable.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Should definitely keep track of the clearance time, I think it would encourage people to say "I could do it better!" instead of "oh, some RDM already beat it".

Good idea! I'll try and see if I can't add those in soon, will probably keep two names, the first for the first solo ever and the second for the best time ever. :)
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-12 02:25:54  
Asura.Ensipid said: »
for all intensive purposes.

ಠ_ಠ

yea, yea. The follow on post I changed it to intents and purposes.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-12 02:31:36  

Ah I never bothered adding the T1s and T2s because I assumed they were quite soloable, especially for pet jobs. And I didn't add in the BCNMs either as, again, I assumed most of the mobs in those are pretty soloable.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Good idea! I'll try and see if I can't add those in soon, will probably keep two names, the first for the first solo ever and the second for the best time ever. :)

Question is, need to decide which ones are worthy to be on that list, otherwise it will be a looooong *** list.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22