Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-06 22:40:56  
Also, ill have koga some time next month can sum1 post the BEST TP set w/ AM3 up? and an acc set for it? im sure i got everything but like to compare anyway
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-08-07 00:05:26  
Asura.Natenn said: »
you SC most the time anyway, if your waiting to SC thats missing out on 3~4 WS which is still more then the SC it would make.

You sure about that?

By Afania 2014-08-07 00:27:26  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
you SC most the time anyway, if your waiting to SC thats missing out on 3~4 WS which is still more then the SC it would make.

You sure about that?

Solo SC with ja and rolls is obviously not the situation Natenn was talking about.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-07 00:34:18  
you dont need JA or rolls to do that, though if you dont have buffs on wopket then idk what you're doing
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-08-07 00:39:20  
Afania said: »
Solo SC with ja and rolls is obviously not the situation Natenn was talking about.

So split your SAMs up and work on 2 NMs at once and let them solo SC? There's just no logical reason to not take advantage of SC damage, especially with how well TP scales now, which was the obvious point of my post; to show the potential. Are you really going to argue that it's more optimal to spam WS at 100% and ignore SC damage altogether?

Semi off topic: JPs can do Kamihr in <12min using a similar method of splitting up. Based on my NM kill times for Yorcia on SAM, I'm fairly sure it can be cleared in less than 10min with 2 SAM splitting up and killing 2 different NMs at the same time with the BRD and COR taking care of all the adds.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-07 01:17:02  

You sure about that?

cause every SAM has koga and procs triple atk on fudo 24/7
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-07 01:23:48  
dont forget yaegasumi, c'mon now you dont normally SC for 99999.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-08-07 01:54:30  
c'mon now you dont normally SC for 99999.

Actually, if you add up each step of the SC, yes, it normally does break 99K, It's very common to have the final light do 30-50K damage without SP2/SP1/any JA. It's vastly superior to spamming Fudo at 100% TP for level 1 SCs. And while Koga obviously has the highest potential, it's irrelevant to SCing, Tsuru can perform them just as easily.

Great example is Snapweed and Treant in Yorcia Delve. Both die in two 4 step light SC, which takes all of 30-40seconds to perform. 2 DD spamming Fudo for level 1 light is not going to match that kill speed.

The only time I'd say SC damage isn't worth it would be when it's a zerg with 3 DD or more. The only content I can think of where that's optimal would be Fulcrum.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-07 02:12:52  
We do those two NMs at around that kill time with just Fudo > Fudo SCs.

There are plenty of ways to do Yorcia and all of them clear pretty damn fast, cutting 30 seconds off a run doesn't make it "vastly superior".
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-08-07 04:17:20  
in high buff situations, expecially in yorcia, i'll frequently roll fudo > kasha (fusion) > shoha (light) > fudo (light). the skillchain damage is definitely worth it, but I do have another question. have people done longer step skillchains and is it worth using lower weaponskills to open the skillchain as opposed to spamming the 4step? I used to do 7steps in campaign, but i've forgotten the order. anyone got any that long and do they go longer?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-07 04:51:11  
Asura.Failaras said: »
We do those two NMs at around that kill time with just Fudo > Fudo SCs.

There are plenty of ways to do Yorcia and all of them clear pretty damn fast, cutting 30 seconds off a run doesn't make it "vastly superior".

1 dd killing faster/same speed as 2 dd sounds vastly superior to me.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-07 05:06:55  
Would be nice to get a 4step SC out without the other DD messing it up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-07 07:18:22  

So split your SAMs up and work on 2 NMs at once and let them solo SC? There's just no logical reason to not take advantage of SC damage, especially with how well TP scales now, which was the obvious point of my post; to show the potential. Are you really going to argue that it's more optimal to spam WS at 100% and ignore SC damage altogether?

Semi off topic: JPs can do Kamihr in <12min using a similar method of splitting up. Based on my NM kill times for Yorcia on SAM, I'm fairly sure it can be cleared in less than 10min with 2 SAM splitting up and killing 2 different NMs at the same time with the BRD and COR taking care of all the adds.

According to his previous post, he didn't use a specific situation for his argument. He didn't say how many DD in pt, what zone and what buff. So his argument is valid unless he mentioned certain zone/buff/JA/pt setup.

If you have 4+ DD in a situation that you can't split up, having 2 DD hold TP while the other 2 wait for SC will waste more than 3~4 WS, more like 9+ WS(3 DDx3 WS each) because everyone's wasting TP waiting. 9 WS may ended up doing more dmg than 99999 if each WS do more than 11k.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
you dont need JA or rolls to do that, though if you dont have buffs on wopket then idk what you're doing

The point is that no one say a thing about "we're fighting wopket" in previous post.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-07 08:51:02  
Wich event are you bringing 4 dd that cannot split; I can't think of any atm.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-07 09:12:06  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

According to his previous post, he didn't use a specific situation for his argument. He didn't say how many DD in pt, what zone and what buff. So his argument is valid unless he mentioned certain zone/buff/JA/pt setup.

If you have 4+ DD in a situation that you can't split up, having 2 DD hold TP while the other 2 wait for SC will waste more than 3~4 WS, more like 9+ WS(3 DDx3 WS each) because everyone's wasting TP waiting. 9 WS may ended up doing more dmg than 99999 if each WS do more than 11k.

The point is that no one say a thing about "we're fighting wopket" in previous post.

what situation was nat talking about in the 1st place then if he wasnt being specific, cause as far as i can see the question asked was for a specific scenario ( even tho i cant think of it really happening)

if no specific scenario was mentioned atleast ejiin showed a very realistic scenario where SC are far superior then spaming WS to prove that holding tp is the better option while you are giving one thats unrealistic with 4DD to prove that holding tp/SC is wasting DoT.(including 11k WS average without JA and rolls lol)
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-08-07 09:22:18  
Is 4 hit Amano achievable? I've been looking but haven't found it. Helpz!
By Sieha1 2014-08-07 09:51:49  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Is 4 hit Amano achievable? I've been looking but haven't found it. Helpz!

the math is out there just add up the numbers and check it. Using the dps spread sheet you can see if its worth it depending on where you are and what you are fighting.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-07 11:35:25  

Actually, if you add up each step of the SC, yes, it normally does break 99K, It's very common to have the final light do 30-50K damage without SP2/SP1/any JA. It's vastly superior to spamming Fudo at 100% TP for level 1 SCs. And while Koga obviously has the highest potential, it's irrelevant to SCing, Tsuru can perform them just as easily.

Great example is Snapweed and Treant in Yorcia Delve. Both die in two 4 step light SC, which takes all of 30-40seconds to perform. 2 DD spamming Fudo for level 1 light is not going to match that kill speed.

The only time I'd say SC damage isn't worth it would be when it's a zerg with 3 DD or more. The only content I can think of where that's optimal would be Fulcrum.
wait, you can make light off of light?
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-07 11:37:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
in high buff situations, expecially in yorcia, i'll frequently roll fudo > kasha (fusion) > shoha (light) > fudo (light). the skillchain damage is definitely worth it, but I do have another question. have people done longer step skillchains and is it worth using lower weaponskills to open the skillchain as opposed to spamming the 4step? I used to do 7steps in campaign, but i've forgotten the order. anyone got any that long and do they go longer?
that really make double light at the end?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-07 11:39:33  
Yes.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-07 11:40:56  
Well....i feel stupid now!
By camaroz 2014-08-07 11:47:08  

wait, you can make light off of light?

LOL

can do Rana Shoha Sengikori Kasha Hagakure Fudo HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE double light
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-07 11:52:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
that really make double light at the end?

idk if you're serious but just in case they are trolling you fudo fudo fudo won't make double light don't let them trick you nate!
[+]
By Afania 2014-08-07 13:10:40  
Asura.Backstab said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

what situation was nat talking about in the 1st place then if he wasnt being specific, cause as far as i can see the question asked was for a specific scenario ( even tho i cant think of it really happening)

if no specific scenario was mentioned atleast ejiin showed a very realistic scenario where SC are far superior then spaming WS to prove that holding tp is the better option while you are giving one thats unrealistic with 4DD to prove that holding tp/SC is wasting DoT.(including 11k WS average without JA and rolls lol)

Even if you're getting rolls, it's still more likely to waste dmg if you have 3 DD holding TP waiting :X

JA isn't available all the time.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-07 13:52:16  

what you just wrote has no context with what you quoted, think you missed the point.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-07 14:04:25  
Asura.Backstab said: »

Was replying the last sentence."11k WS without JA/roll".
 Cerberus.Reiden
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-08-07 14:17:28  

This never crossed my mind before, such a good idea but idk how i would be able to get all 18 to coordinate without messing up ; ;
 Cerberus.Krispy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-08-07 14:48:26  
Cerberus.Reiden said: »
This never crossed my mind before, such a good idea but idk how i would be able to get all 18 to coordinate without messing up ; ;

Never going to happen unless you rage at them on vent or threaten to minus 50 dkp if they mess up! :)
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-07 14:59:26  
So what is the best get you freak on skillchain that should be used? Konzen-ittai (+ Sekkanoki) -> Tachi: Kasha = Light-> Tachi: Fudo = Double Light with and without a relic?
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-08 00:37:08  
Get Koga > solo SC spam, whats a loooong good SC combo set? i tried that 4 step SC thing an did a 55k light
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 153 154 155