Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 68 69 70
By Teuphist 2016-10-11 08:42:31  
Can the PUPs on lesser populated servers make that jump to Asura? We've got a nice population here and an increasing PUP interest here. Really something worth building upon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-10-11 17:18:46  
Teuphist said: »
Can the PUPs on lesser populated servers make that jump to Asura? We've got a nice population here and an increasing PUP interest here. Really something worth building upon.
Was thinking about making a pet/pet support LS. on Asura...a bunch of PUP/BST/GEO/COR/SMN @_@
 Asura.Mewwgoat
サーバ: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-10-11 17:37:22  
Phoenix.Trinironnie said: »
Was thinking about making a pet/pet support LS. on Asura...a bunch of PUP/BST/GEO/COR/SMN @_@

i support this!
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 20:38:24  
I posted this in the other thread for the October Version Update but I'll put it here as a pointer. Your own attachments will vary slightly and I've heard of different ones to my own being used but generally speaking I think this is a decent template for a strategy.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 20:52:41  
Would you mind sharing gear, as well? I know plenty of PUPs are interested in tackling this.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-12 04:19:50  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Would you mind sharing gear, as well? I know plenty of PUPs are interested in tackling this.
ItemSet 336530
Rao is on Automaton path.

You need a max DT-% set as he hits rather hard.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-12 05:21:18  
Hey Rua nice to see it worked out! Sorry for yesterday, PC crashed and I just went to bed.

Someone mentioned debuff GEOmancy not working on the guy, can you confirm this?
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-12 05:56:37  
Geomancy does work.

We're going again this evening to fully cap out Hallmarks/Badges for the month so you're welcome if you're on.

Two GEO isnt really necessary we've found and a 4th PUP would really speed this up.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-12 14:45:23  
Just fyi, you can totally cheese this fight.

PuP + apururu + VE (with mana jammers instead of armor plates)

I just soloed intense on normal difficulty, in <4 minutes.

Apururrrrurururu blocks adds, and as long as you kill fast enough, there is no issue. Pop over drive, let pet kill it, fire, light, wind.

reset overdrive with a quick trip to wkr (and get 2-4 hpb) and good to go again.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-10-12 15:45:05  
Are you sure the trust blocks adds? I've soloed a few times on E (no trusts on any of them), and it's only spawned adds on 1 of 4 fights.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-12 15:51:49  
Well without apururu, adds spawn at like 95% every time, with him they dont spawn until after 5+ min

Adds could just be a bad luck thing on tp moves.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-12 16:03:10  
Ruaumoko said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
ItemSet 336530
Rao is on Automaton path.

You need a max DT-% set as he hits rather hard.

BTW if you happen to have a Thurdandaut ring, seems like a very good replacement for one Varar in Ruaumoko's set. Enables capped gear haste, offense (Acc/Atk), and another DT-3%.

Also, seems like you could maybe give a little bit on FULL defense and slip in a piece or two in other slots that's more offensively oriented. Pitre+1 body, maybe a Herc/Taeon hat with offensive augments if you never bothered to make a non-Anwig tanking head, etc.

Nice video and suggestions though! For the benefit of those who want to see them listed, Ruau's attachments were (VE/VE frame):

Inhibitor II
Attuner
Speedloader II
Mana Jammer IV
Steam Jacket
Coiler II
Target Marker
Dynamo III
Turbo Charger II
Optic Fiber
Optic Fiber II
Auto-Repair Kit IV
- using Fire/Water/Light maneuvers
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-12 16:34:44  
I did a BUNCH of testing on Intense VD to figure out exactly how to force the hammer move, since Providence is the only thing stopping PUP from soloing VD Intense. I tried A BUNCH of things. And eventually I narrowed it down, mostly.

Then Overdrive came back up, and I figured I had played with it long enough, so I popped Overdrive and killed it. As you can see from the food timer, I was basically just sitting there in full DT gear the whole time. Frog was down to 80% before I ODed. Tonight after I finish work, unless someone beats me to it, I'll post a full video of soloing the Frog on PUP in significantly less time than this.

Oh, right. If you summon six trusts, he won't pop adds. I don't know why, but he doesn't. I have speculations, but I haven't tested anything. Anyway. Makes the fight absurdly easy to solo.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-12 17:11:33  
I have had similar experience, with 1 mage add, no frogs. Soon as i team up with another person, adds.

So you are saying 5 trusts and no adds?

Was there anything else? I was contemplating getting 1 buff and clicking it off. then releasing that trust
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-12 18:36:57  
When i hit that overdrive

Overdrives!
By dustinfoley 2016-10-12 18:40:16  
You link is broken, or not uploaded, i just see a white screen

Also just soloed normal, and difficult, no adds, so far it seems true that 5 trusts = no adds. The tricky part is not letting ur trusts die.
By Teuphist 2016-10-12 18:48:53  
Might be a good idea that at least one pup (if in a group) uses Regulator to steal Frog Song's regain effect. That may help with cutting down the rate of TP moves.

I think we all know it didn't drain Chainspell...
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-12 19:03:13  
Might be a good idea that at least one pup (if in a group) uses Regulator to steal Frog Song's regain effect. That may help with cutting down the rate of TP moves.

I think we all know it didn't drain Chainspell...
That... is VERY interesting.

Kudos.
 Asura.Cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-12 19:13:15  
Also this

[+]
By Teuphist 2016-10-12 19:20:38  
haha that's pretty funny. Good thing they went after the automaton and not you.
 Asura.Cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-12 19:28:54  
Ya was in tankymode will always go for muffs
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-12 19:40:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Oh, right. If you summon six trusts, he won't pop adds. I don't know why, but he doesn't. I have speculations, but I haven't tested anything. Anyway. Makes the fight absurdly easy to solo.

Tell me how to summon 6 trusts please :)

Seriously though, 5 trusts = can still get adds. That happened my very first solo attempt.

I did one earlier today on N with zero trusts, just me and my puppet. PUP/WHM, all I had on was RR and maneuvers/Overdrive. Easy win, no adds.

Then I went back in with the same setup, same attachments. The ONLY difference was I remembered to eat food this time. Adds before the frog dropped 10%, death.
By Teuphist 2016-10-12 19:46:55  
Not to say that you did, but possibly summoning trusts and not engaging is the key to ensure the adds don't pop. I keep going with 5 trusts and no adds are popping.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-12 20:06:42  
Not to say that you did, but possibly summoning trusts and not engaging is the key to ensure the adds don't pop. I keep going with 5 trusts and no adds are popping.

I've done a couple of solo no trust wins with no adds popping too though. So... yeah. IDK. I'm almost starting to think it's purely random, or glitched to be fixed in emergency maintenance.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-12 20:53:20  
Well it works with any number of players if you use the right party setup. its not just solo pups + 5 trusts.

Ive gotten it to work with 3 people + 3 trusts
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-12 22:14:02  
It works every single time with pup x5 and a cor with real players, in the 20 something runs we have done, he has never summoned adds when we were like that.
 Asura.Cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-12 22:19:39  
Ya i have only seen frogs pop once out of 15+ runs and idk what triggered it. All real ppl as well
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-10-12 23:05:48  
Are the adds spawned after a specific TP move or something?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-13 02:29:19  
Ruaumoko said: »
Geomancy does work.
Actually it doesn't work, according to a test done by Braden.
He tested with Geo-Poison and health wasn't going under 100% meaning the ticks of Poison for some reason didn't do damage.

He also made a test with Languor vs Focus and noticed big differences.
It's up to us wether we want to believe him or not but it's likely the frog has some sort of immunity towards debuff Geomancy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-13 06:01:42  
Did a full video of me soloing Intense VD. The music is super loud for some reason. The quality is low because my work laptop takes too long to process high quality ***, and I have to leave for work soon.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 68 69 70