Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 68 69 70
By Eital 2016-09-08 09:23:46  
One other question. Will the in game gear sets specify what augmented cape I want to use or is it possible to do that with just the windower macros? Or will I have to use GearSwap?
By dustinfoley 2016-09-08 16:08:40  
In game macros can not tell the difference between different items with the same name, even if they have different augments.

I dont think windower on its own can (via scripts?) but i know gear swap can easily do it.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-08 16:42:26  
The in-game equip sets will recognize which cape you selected, as long as you don't move them around (and I think you're supposed to put them all in the same wardrobe or something).
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-08 17:29:21  
You can do it in plain old Windower macros if you put each cape (or any other item with a duplicate name, like augmented Herc gear) in a different bag/wardrobe. In the macro line you just need to indicate the number of the wardrobe to point to the correct item.

Syntax is the number goes after the item name as follows:
0 = main inventory (gobbie bag)
1/2/3/4 = wardrobe 1/2/3/4

For example, the following would equip a PUP Ambuscade mantle that is in wardrobe #2:
/input equip back "Visucius's Mantle" 2;

This is what I do, as I don't use GS. I have three PUP capes, and plenty of other gear with multiple pieces and different augments. For stuff like Taeon/Herc/capes, I just stick like TP gear in one Wardrobe, WS gear in another, "other" (nuke, pet, whatever) in another, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Xelnok
サーバ: Asura
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2016-09-08 19:21:17  
Quick question, if I am soloing, or doing apex crab parties in a hybrid setup, are the new Mache Earrings the best in slot earrings if i'm not at capped haste? I'm not quite sure how MA compares to other stats.

Thanks
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-08 19:48:49  
Asura.Xelnok said: »
Quick question, if I am soloing, or doing apex crab parties in a hybrid setup, are the new Mache Earrings the best in slot earrings if i'm not at capped haste? I'm not quite sure how MA compares to other stats.

Thanks

Yeah, Mache (or +1 for the incredibly wealthy) are pretty much what you want to use any time you're not hitting delay cap. MA is indeed strong on its own, and the other stats on them are excellent too.

Note that if you're getting capped magical haste, you will be hitting delay cap (assuming 20/20 MA JP and 550 gift), so you won't want to use them in that case. That includes solo with Haste II and 2x trust marches.

Haste II only, or less? Yeah, use MA gear.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-09-09 17:17:48  
so, since i feel like being really lazy and only searched the last 3 pages and first 2 anyone got VS and SP sets? weighing the options of rings and not sure of priority. thanks in advance ^^
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-13 15:26:34  
Just noticed that in a separate general thread about augments, a couple people replied to me informing me the cap on Pet: DT- for Ohrmazd is likely DT-4%, and not 5% as listed on BG Wiki. Anyone disagree with this (i.e. have actual evidence of a DT-5% augment)?

If not, I'm going to edit the Wiki to reflect 4%, and I guess mine are capped... thrown a bunch of stones at them, but never got the mythical 5%.

I still like em for tanking though, mine are paired with Meva+20 and STR/VIT/DEX+15. Midnights are a good option too, but I don't particularly love the extra Acc (I don't usually want my tanking pet to get TP even faster and screw up more SCs), and I'm still hopeful that my Ohrmazd Meva augment (plus the 4/5 Taeon DT-/Regen/Meva set that I usually tank in) gives me enough Meva to at least not be floored. At the very least, maybe the case if a GEO ever giving Vex.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-09-13 16:52:27  
Gear aside, What frame/head and what attachments would you use for a Tank? I see some suggest the best is a Mage/mage for flash/voke as well as some enfeebling and other spells to keep hate and self buff. Can anyone put this down in the most basic and easiest to understand please.
By Inudesu 2016-09-13 17:32:57  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Gear aside, What frame/head and what attachments would you use for a Tank? I see some suggest the best is a Mage/mage for flash/voke as well as some enfeebling and other spells to keep hate and self buff. Can anyone put this down in the most basic and easiest to understand please.
It depends but for most mobs SS/VE or VE/VE will do you well.

I have a question of my own also. Is the common multistep Shijin > Piercer > Smite > Shatterer? Or for a 3 step, Smite > Shatterer > Smite?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-13 18:31:32  
They are thinking about you puptank and tank at the same time BH? Lawd
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-09-13 19:28:52  
OH you didnt hear? sucks Stamos is on vacation! But yeah bud gimme some help answer my question plz
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-13 20:13:32  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
The in-game equip sets will recognize which cape you selected, as long as you don't move them around (and I think you're supposed to put them all in the same wardrobe or something).
You don't need them in the same wardrobe, and you can move them around all you like, just be sure to update the equipset. Otherwise it'll look first for one in your inventory and then run through your wardrobes.

Can use the syntax for what Capuchin listed if you, Eital, only need/want to have a single swap.... but generally from all that I use capes for, I tend to have them almost exclusively in equipset changes. (some like DNC's samba duration+ equip, I don't care which one it pulls for that... since everything else is irrelevant for activating samba.)
 Bahamut.Rutato
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ramru
By Bahamut.Rutato 2016-09-20 15:07:04  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Attachments:
Any setup:
- Optic Fiber
- Likely want some Auto-Repair Kits, even on a DD oriented puppet

Tank setup:
- Flashbulb
- Auto-Repair Kits (as much as you can fit with Optic Fiber+Flash)
- Strobe I and II
- Armor Plates (PDT-) and Mana Jammers (MDT-) to fit available slots
- Galvanizer (nice, not essential)
- Speedloaders? Really depends on setup (availability of mage backline to MB) and difficulty of the NM. On easier stuff to tank you might be able to "cheat" a little with a couple DD attachments and gear instead of all out "turtle" style tank setup, to let the puppet gain TP and close SCs (Speedloader will generally allow a SCH SC to finish, then add a WS to close multi-step Light/Darkness). On super deadly mobs, I'd err on the side of a fully defensive setup.

DD setup:
- Turbo Charger 1 & 2 (top priority)
- Thunder mix depends on needed Acc; Stabilizers/Target Marker as needed for accuracy, drop them for Coilers (and I guess Dynamo) as the situation allows
- Speedloaders!
- Tension Springs
- I usually like to at least use a few slots for defense too, with an Auto-Repair kit and maybe a couple PDT/MDT attachments.
- Usually doesn't hurt to add at least some hate grabbing tool (Strobe, Flashbulb) even if you don't use all 3 like you would for a dedicated tanking setup.

I know it hasn't been long since Capuchin posted these attachment setups in the, "Ideal attachment thread," but, with the addition of stuff like Optic Fiber II etc., I was curious how they are holding up. Can anyone provide me with an updated list of attachments they are using for DD/Tank puppet?

Also, what do people merit in category 1 other than melee? Is ranged viable or should I just go with repair? Thanks in advance!
By dustinfoley 2016-09-20 15:57:33  
Sadly, its all going to depend on what you are doing. I will just list the differences/changes

Attachments:
Any setup:
- Optic Fiber 1 + 2 (really big no duh here, but for 99% of what we do OF1+2 are amazeballs)

Tank is roughly the same:

DD setup:
- Speedloaders! (unless goin for 2 hit build then use inhibitors)
- Tension Springs (attuner if you are getting atk debuffed alot)
- I usually like to at least use a few slots for defense too, with an Auto-Repair kit and maybe a couple PDT/MDT attachments. (solid advice for generic build, there are times where you will want 0 defense and stronger offense)

Again, it will depend on what you are fighting, what jp gift you have, and what trusts/other characters are in your party.

EG, when tanking ambuscade, you dont want inhibitors or speed loaders, since your pet will basically hold tp and never ws, which makes it harder to hold hate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-20 18:56:36  
dustinfoley said: »
DD setup:
- Speedloaders! (unless goin for 2 hit build then use inhibitors)
- Tension Springs (attuner if you are getting atk debuffed alot)

If you are going to use Speedloaders, you PROBABLY also want inhibitors set, unless you are chaining with more than just you and your puppet. Inhibitors only if whatever you are fighting doesn't take magic damage.

Attuner overshadows pretty much all of the tension springs if you have at least one fire maneuver going and are fighting sufficiently difficult content. If you have two fire maneuvers going(Ideal for Ranger puppet), Attuner is pretty much the best thing ever.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-09-25 12:58:50  
Where is this acon lua for pup >_>?
By Eital 2016-09-29 10:42:02  
With a Voidwatch Campaign rolling in again in October would it be wise to try and obtain a Wanion Belt or are there better, easier to procure alternatives now?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-29 11:31:48  
VW campaign sadly doesn't apply to provenance fights.
I'd dare to say there are better options though? Supposing I'm not wrong add pup can't equip the pieces I have in mind...
By Teuphist 2016-10-04 12:13:46  
I haven't seen much discussion about Herculean pet augments here. Anyone care to share theirs if you have?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-04 17:14:00  
Teuphist said: »
I haven't seen much discussion about Herculean pet augments here. Anyone care to share theirs if you have?

I'm not sure of max pet augments off the top of my head, but IIRC there's nothing that beats Taeon (DT) or Rao/+1 for tanking. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but IIRC Herc might not even get pet: DT augment (or at least nothing higher than 3%), may only be pet PDT which is far less useful on PUP.

For DD, pretty sure Herc pet augs don't beat Taeon (DA/Haste/Acc/etc.) and some other pieces like Pitre+1 body.

So, Herc for puppets is more relegated to nuking gear, which is a decidedly niche thing and is surely why we don't discuss it more. I do have a few pet nuke pieces though: Head, Hands, Legs. I currently use relic feet (though Herc with good augs could beat those too), and don't know that I even have any particularly good pet nuking body right now. Augment priority would be strong Macc, paired with as much pet MAB/INT as you can get). Can post my stats later, they aren't dream tier augments or anything but they beat non-Herc options. I honestly don't even remember what they are because I almost never even use the stuff.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2016-10-04 18:51:54  
Teuphist said: »

I'm not sure of max pet augments off the top of my head, but IIRC there's nothing that beats Taeon (DT) or Rao/+1 for tanking. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but IIRC Herc might not even get pet: DT augment (or at least nothing higher than 3%), may only be pet PDT which is far less useful on PUP.

For DD, pretty sure Herc pet augs don't beat Taeon (DA/Haste/Acc/etc.) and some other pieces like Pitre+1 body.

So, Herc for puppets is more relegated to nuking gear, which is a decidedly niche thing and is surely why we don't discuss it more. I do have a few pet nuke pieces though: Head, Hands, Legs. I currently use relic feet (though Herc with good augs could beat those too), and don't know that I even have any particularly good pet nuking body right now. Augment priority would be strong Macc, paired with as much pet MAB/INT as you can get). Can post my stats later, they aren't dream tier augments or anything but they beat non-Herc options. I honestly don't even remember what they are because I almost never even use the stuff.

i believe the strore tp dd augments are the main draw for herc over taeon. while i agree that the excess stats are a marginal to equal potency, the potential of herc stp seems to outweigh the other options, given acc or defense isnt an issue for the fight in question
By Teuphist 2016-10-04 20:00:24  

Typically, I have my automaton melee w/ this set. Naturally, full Rao for tanking. Though recently, I was curious if I would benefit more from seeking out Store TP over DA and Crit. hit rate.
By Teuphist 2016-10-05 02:38:26  
Scratch this last comment...Store TP wins hands down
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-10-06 16:17:24  
stones you used?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-06 20:31:33  
Looks like ferns to force the "special" stat slot and increase cap (as opposed to Taupe for forced/higher attribute, Pellucid for acc/atk)

Just curious... what exactly are people using full pet melee armor to fight, anyway?

I don't generally find myself in any situations where automaton melee is viable and I couldn't also wade in on the master to do some punching. In that case, gearing more for master seems to be a much greater overall benefit than using the gear for puppet stats (except that you'd want to be sure you're capping automaton gear haste, of course). Puppet already has such a boost from attachments that it doesn't really have acc issues as-is, has strong SC, solid Stp, etc... Sure, you can make it even stronger, but there's some diminishing returns there versus the bigger gain from master DPS that you'd likely get from gearing more master-focused and both meleeing.

At the very least, I'm a little skeptical that bothering to get a pet Stp herc set is that much of an improvement over the DA+5/Acc&Atk/Haste Taeon pieces I already have (and don't seem to ever have much occasion to use).

I'm not saying going all out pet melee is something nobody has a use for, but I personally never find myself in such a scenario and I'm truly curious. Maybe people who do are in pet job/COR only LS doing melee pet fights or something, I dunno...
By Teuphist 2016-10-07 14:08:27  
Yes, Fern stones were used. I was able to get similar though not always as desirable stats from Taupe, so that is an option.

Thank you for the feedback as well, everyone. I've been playing PUP since ToAU and there's always always stuff to learn which is probably one of the most appreciative aspects of the job.

I do have hybrid sets for master/pet, but have realized at least one of you will suffer in DPS ultimately bringing your overall potential down. Mainly in group settings due to SC interruptions and such.

Here is my parsed data over 72 Agitated Chapuli. 36 in Store TP set, 36 in WS/melee set. I kept seeing the automaton's ws damage hit harder in TP set thus bringing about the short test.
Pet melee augments posted above...though it seems I should be throwing the reforged empy head on for SS WS.
This is Store TP set + reforged relic body

I encourage you to zoom in if you have difficulty seeing the parse info.

Store TP set

Melee set

Will experiment with VE setup later likely.
By Teuphist 2016-10-07 14:20:57  
Just curious... what exactly are people using full pet melee armor to fight, anyway?

It could very much just be the way my gear was set up, but I've noticed the light SC damage from bone crusher to be higher than what I've been able to pump out closing with shatterer. However, I'll be testing it out later this evening.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-07 14:34:41  

I'm not saying going all out pet melee is something nobody has a use for, but I personally never find myself in such a scenario and I'm truly curious. Maybe people who do are in pet job/COR only LS doing melee pet fights or something, I dunno...

This is pretty much it. When your pet can WS as fast as ours do, bothering with the master isn't even worthwhile. Especially considering that we rarely fight anything under level 135.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 17:01:07  
Who wants to be a famous hero and make a cool header picture for the new PUP guide on BG that was started yesterday? Generally I make headers, but meh- I want someone else to be creative :P

So far Dustinfoley and I have been working on it since it started yesterday, but anyone can get in the mix. Just check to see if someone is working on it at that moment (click recent changes in the menu bar) so you don't cause a conflict in edits.

As far as the wiki aspect of this. We are working on something like the equipment template for players except it looks like the one for automatons in game to list out head frame attachment sets. That should be helpful.

-Spicyryan
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 68 69 70