user: cocl
By Asura.Zaffre 2015-09-28 17:34:56  
Thanks Vaf!
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-09-28 20:03:28  
I'm having an issue with my BLU spells not switching to Fast Cast gear if there's supposed to be a midcast swap as well.
Code
function precast(spell)
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC.Standard)

if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC.Blue)
		end
	end

Code

function midcast(spell,act)
	if spell.english == 'Spectral Floe' or spell.english == 'Subduction' then
		equip(sets.BlueMagic.INT)
		if buffactive['Burst Affinity'] then
			equip(sets.JA.BurstAffinity)
		end

So example: If I have a fast cast earring, but no nuking earring, it'll switch to the fast cast piece correctly. However, if I have a fast cast belt and a nuking belt, it will not bother to switch to the fast cast belt, and go straight to the nuking belt.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-09-28 20:28:50  
You can normally not see the transition from precast to midcast, you can use //gs showswaps to confirm it's working but I'm sure it is.
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-09-28 20:51:49  
Bismarck.Inference said: »
You can normally not see the transition from precast to midcast, you can use //gs showswaps to confirm it's working but I'm sure it is.

Much obliged, you are correct. I thought I'd at least see the gear flicker, but I guess I was wrong!
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-28 21:54:05  
somehow I am getting

libs/tables.lua: 172 bad argument #1 to "pairs" (table expected, got nil)

and also

gearswap/refresh.lua:230 attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-28 23:12:10  
Asura.Omnijuggernaut said: »
somehow I am getting

and also

Getting these errors while doing... what? An ambiguous post will get you nary a solution.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-28 23:38:46  
literally I load a gearswap seems fine, then no matter what the next action is i get spammed with the gearswap/refresh error then as soon as that stops it starts spamming the libs/tables error

edit: doesn't matter which file I use and what job I am on, they all react the same.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-28 23:50:04  
literally I load a gearswap seems fine, then no matter what the next action is i get spammed with the gearswap/refresh error then as soon as that stops it starts spamming the libs/tables error

edit: doesn't matter which file I use and what job I am on, they all react the same.
Did you just restart windower and did it update?
[+]
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-28 23:57:54  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »

Did you just restart windower and did it update?

Wasn't an update (at least of what I saw), but does seem to be working again.
 Ragnarok.Lukikii
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lukiki
By Ragnarok.Lukikii 2015-09-29 11:29:17  
I had both errors as well, and there was a little update this morning, but I'm still seeing the following error on any action.

By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-29 12:08:59  
Ragnarok.Lukikii said: »
I had both errors as well, and there was a little update this morning, but I'm still seeing the following error on any action.

That one showed up again for me

happened both after trying to cast something and /heal

I can only assume it has to do with a rule and refresh/idle gear, i could be wrong but that would me my first assumption.
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-29 12:18:37  
somehow I am getting

and also

I had these exact same errors. What fixed it for me, for whatever reason, was unloading and getting rid of BlinkMeNot.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-29 12:18:43  

I can only assume it has to do with a rule and refresh/idle gear, i could be wrong but that would me my first assumption.
That snippet in the refresh.lua has something to do with player race, and I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with it, but were you two using PlasticSurgeon or anything like it when these errors happened? Like I said, I'm not sure they even coincide, but I have been fine all morning, no errors at all.
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-29 12:22:45  
Beaztmaster said: »
somehow I am getting

and also

I had these exact same errors. What fixed it for me, for whatever reason, was unloading and getting rid of BlinkMeNot.

Also, I found that for me, before unloading BMN, turning off lockstyle seemed to fix it too. But I luvz lockstyle too much.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-29 12:26:58  

That snippet in the refresh.lua has something to do with player race, and I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with it, but were you two using PlasticSurgeon or anything like it when these errors happened? Like I said, I'm not sure they even coincide, but I have been fine all morning, no errors at all.

Mithra with face 6A, I was using blinkmenot, I will try without

btw it turns me into a hume still
 Ragnarok.Lukikii
By Ragnarok.Lukikii 2015-09-29 13:19:29  

Mithra with face 6A, I was using blinkmenot, I will try without

btw it turns me into a hume still

No to Plastic Surgeon & I'm a Taru. Getting changed into a male Hume also.
By Aeyela 2015-09-29 13:54:27  
That bug is blinkmenot related, not plastic surgeon.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-29 14:19:13  
If this is a Blinkmenot issue, I would suggest to anyone having said issue to refrain from using Blinkmenot on your character and rely on /lockstyle. They will effectively do the same thing for you. I would imagine that you will not have this issue using BMN only for party members.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lukikii
By Ragnarok.Lukikii 2015-09-29 15:07:55  
I unloaded BMN & some others and now I'm fine. And since I'm a bean counter and not an IT person, I forgot to write down what I shut down. Battlemod & Ohshi- I recall, but not the rest.

Anyhoo, thanks for the help!
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-29 18:48:18  
I unloaded BMN & some others and now I'm fine. And since I'm a bean counter and not an IT person, I forgot to write down what I shut down. Battlemod & Ohshi- I recall, but not the rest.

Anyhoo, thanks for the help!
I know Battlemod isn't the problem, as I use that and haven't had any issues.
By oyama 2015-09-29 22:14:17  
How do I get the augmented armor thing to work? I cant get my dark rings to equip in my pdt and mdt sets when I added augments to them in my sets. My lua is very bare bones, doesn't use any includes except the organizer-lib one. I tried using Mote-Include.lua and it basically breaks everything. Depending on where I put "end" for different functions, I either get errors saying the "init-gear-sets" is a nil value, or I get errors saying my indexes for different sets associated with the same action (like different default WS sets, different default tp sets, etc.) are nil values. Examples:

"attempted to index global 'TP_Sets' (a nil value)"
"attempted to call global 'init_gear_sets' (a nil value)"

I want to be able to equip different dark rings since I don't have perfect ones yet and can use more than two of the 4 I have atm. Is there some specific file I need to make the augmented gear syntax work? The syntax doesn't cause an error but the gear doesn't swap, and I know the names and everything are right in the sets.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-29 23:34:33  
oyama said: »
How do I get the augmented armor thing to work? I cant get my dark rings to equip in my pdt and mdt sets when I added augments to them in my sets. My lua is very bare bones, doesn't use any includes except the organizer-lib one. I tried using Mote-Include.lua and it basically breaks everything. Depending on where I put "end" for different functions, I either get errors saying the "init-gear-sets" is a nil value, or I get errors saying my indexes for different sets associated with the same action (like different default WS sets, different default tp sets, etc.) are nil values. Examples:

"attempted to index global 'TP_Sets' (a nil value)"
"attempted to call global 'init_gear_sets' (a nil value)"

I want to be able to equip different dark rings since I don't have perfect ones yet and can use more than two of the 4 I have atm. Is there some specific file I need to make the augmented gear syntax work? The syntax doesn't cause an error but the gear doesn't swap, and I know the names and everything are right in the sets.
In order to explain it, we'll need to see the errors in your file and describe to you how to fix them, so you can learn and in the future know how to fix them without (as much) assistance. We like to use the website http://www.pastebin.com to upload your file and link it here, that way the community can input tips and advice on how to proceed. It sounds like you're missing a number of things, so the sooner you link it, the sooner someone will help you. Personally, I'm going to bed, so if no one else gets to it beforehand, I'll check it out tomorrow evening (~5pm EDT)
By oyama 2015-09-30 01:29:39  
Thanks in advance :).

http://pastebin.com/aU8LTr7X
 Odin.Zadora
サーバ: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2015-09-30 07:12:28  
I'm having trouble where I'm unable to get my magic burst set to equip on the midcast when I have toggled it on. Also how would I go about writing a rule for fast cast in both light/dark arts and addendum white/black?
http://pastebin.com/RdSguQYb
By Bongarippa 2015-09-30 15:56:26  
So I'm using Prothescar's gearswap from the blue mage guide on this website, minus a few changes for my gear and added another couple lines for some spells, but it seems to equip my ws set no matter the spell I use. I'm wondering if someone could take a look at it and tell me where the problem lies. Thanks

http://pastebin.com/uCqH4vGC
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-30 23:47:38  
oyama said: »
Thanks in advance :).

http://pastebin.com/aU8LTr7X
In looking over your file, I believe you have an extra "end" at the very end of the file. Now, the main reason you're getting errors is because of how you have your indexes defined. You can't just say "CDC_Sets = {"CDCAcc", "CDCDD"}", GearSwap doesn't know what to do with that.

Instead of
Code
sets.precast.CDC = {}

CDC_Sets = {"CDCAcc", "CDCDD"}
you can say
Code
sets.CDC = {}

sets.CDC.index = {'CDCAcc','CDCDD'}
sets.CDC.CDCAcc = {}
sets.CDC.CDCDD = {}
You can look at this file for reference: http://pastebin.com/expq8BYy

You're trying to combine the two different GearSwap styles of Motenten and the base version together, and it's throwing everything off. I would again use that file I linked as reference and write yours more along that style, or pick up a Mote (Kinematics) based file and use that.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-09-30 23:57:19  
Odin.Zadora said: »
I'm having trouble where I'm unable to get my magic burst set to equip on the midcast when I have toggled it on. Also how would I go about writing a rule for fast cast in both light/dark arts and addendum white/black?
http://pastebin.com/RdSguQYb]
First off, I noticed two functions named job_post_midcast; you'll want to combine those together, as it can cause errors if you have more than one function of the same name.

Second, when using Mote-based files like this, never just use the default function pretarget or function precast, always use function job_pretarget or function job_precast. Many of his included files, as the include(Mote-Include.lua),have the default functions defined and then apply job_ functions for the users.

Third, your command to equip sets,magic_burst looks to have a state.MagicBurst.value, for which you don't have a toggle. You have the coding for one in there, but it actually binds after you unload SCH, as coded here:
Code
function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind ^`')
        send_command('bind @` gs c toggle MagicBurst')
end
You need to take the
Code
send_command('bind @` gs c toggle MagicBurst')
and put it in the function above it, function user_setup(). And, remove that MagicBurstIndex = 1, it's useless in your file.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-01 00:11:23  
Bongarippa said: »
So I'm using Prothescar's gearswap from the blue mage guide on this website, minus a few changes for my gear and added another couple lines for some spells, but it seems to equip my ws set no matter the spell I use. I'm wondering if someone could take a look at it and tell me where the problem lies. Thanks

http://pastebin.com/uCqH4vGC
One problem is that for most of your WSs, and I know this is how Prothescar has it in his file but, you have two sets defining different things, e.g.:
Code
sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {}

sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {ammo="Erlene's notebook",
     head="Hagondes hat +1",neck="Eddy necklace",ear1="Hecate's earring",ear2="Novio earring",
     body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Hagondes cuffs",ring1="Archon ring",ring2="Strendu ring",
     back="Cornflower cape",waist="Aswang sash",legs="Iuitl Tights",feet="Hagondes sabots"}
The first sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {} isn't necessary, as you have already mapped the base set, sets.WS, earlier in the file, so you'll want to correct those.

Other than that, I'm not seeing anything that should be triggering a WS set on a spell. Have you verified this with //gs showswaps, not just eyeballing it? Also, a handy tool to see what set is being applied is to use //gs debugmode, as it will actually tell you which set is being called in what part of the casting.
By oyama 2015-10-01 01:28:19  
EDIT: NVM I fixed the problem I had originally outlined in this post. However still haven't gotten augments to work, gonna keep working since I'm getting new errors now and gonna work on em until I hit a wall or I get it working. To reiterate though, the way I had it coded worked perfectly fine, did not throw any errors. The only time I got errors was when I put in Mote's includes to try and get GS to recognize different augmented gear. Without the includes it works fine other than not recognizing augs.

EDIT2: While I meticulously copied the augs word for word from the game and used the syntax exactly as I saw it in other files, I guess I was still making some kind of error. I manually put on all the gear from my pdt set, including the dark rings that started the problem, and then exported it and copied the set from the exported file into the set in my BLU file, and it worked. Thanks for the help, I feel dumb, but I really don't know what I was typing wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 181 182 183