Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 180 181 182
 Asura.Vafruvant
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-01 01:52:49  
oyama said: »
EDIT: NVM I fixed the problem I had originally outlined in this post. However still haven't gotten augments to work, gonna keep working since I'm getting new errors now and gonna work on em until I hit a wall or I get it working. To reiterate though, the way I had it coded worked perfectly fine, did not throw any errors. The only time I got errors was when I put in Mote's includes to try and get GS to recognize different augmented gear. Without the includes it works fine other than not recognizing augs.
So, for augments, you can do something like this:
Code
DarkRing = {}
DarkRing.PDT = {name="Dark Ring",augments={}}
DarkRing.MDT = {name="Dark Ring",augments={'Magic dmg. taken -4%', 'Phys. dmg. taken -3%'}}
DarkRing.BDT = {name="Dark Ring",augments={}}
DarkRing.INT = {name="Dark Ring",augments={'Spell interruption rate down 4%', 'Phys. dmg. taken -3%', 'Magic dmg. taken -3%'}}
then in your gear sets, you just say:
Code
ring1=DarkRing.INT,ring2=DarkRing.MDT
The way you have it should work, too, so I would verify that you are using //gs export when listing augments. I prefer the shorthand version so my sets appear much less cluttered.
By oyama 2015-10-01 02:53:51  
Yea I got all the errors I was getting fixed, took out the includes since it doesn't seem like those are what make the aug system work, and decided to just copy and paste a full set from an export file into the set in my BLU file and see if that worked. It did. I did try the thing you mentioned there, using DarkRings = {} and then just making DarkRings.PDT1 = {name and augs}, DarkRings.PDT2 = {name and augs}, etc. but that still did not work. I typed everything meticulously but I guess I was still making some error somewhere.

Thanks for the help. Seems like just copying and pasting a set exported from in game into the set in my BLU lua file did the trick. I am going to use the shorthand version as well though for the same reason, especially since I need those rings in multiple sets on multiple jobs.
By zaxtiss 2015-10-01 03:18:29  
Just a quick question what's the main differences register.event and the raw version can do more events then the other ?
By Bongarippa 2015-10-01 04:48:40  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Bongarippa said: »
So I'm using Prothescar's gearswap from the blue mage guide on this website, minus a few changes for my gear and added another couple lines for some spells, but it seems to equip my ws set no matter the spell I use. I'm wondering if someone could take a look at it and tell me where the problem lies. Thanks

http://pastebin.com/uCqH4vGC
One problem is that for most of your WSs, and I know this is how Prothescar has it in his file but, you have two sets defining different things, e.g.:
Code
sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {}

sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {ammo="Erlene's notebook",
     head="Hagondes hat +1",neck="Eddy necklace",ear1="Hecate's earring",ear2="Novio earring",
     body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Hagondes cuffs",ring1="Archon ring",ring2="Strendu ring",
     back="Cornflower cape",waist="Aswang sash",legs="Iuitl Tights",feet="Hagondes sabots"}
The first sets.WS.SanguineBlade = {} isn't necessary, as you have already mapped the base set, sets.WS, earlier in the file, so you'll want to correct those.

Other than that, I'm not seeing anything that should be triggering a WS set on a spell. Have you verified this with //gs showswaps, not just eyeballing it? Also, a handy tool to see what set is being applied is to use //gs debugmode, as it will actually tell you which set is being called in what part of the casting.

Yea I used showswaps to verify and it was using the same ws set for everything. I messed around with it a little bit and got it working correctly, but thank you for taking a look at it and giving me some feedback. Much appreciated :D
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-01 12:46:19  
zaxtiss said: »
Just a quick question what's the main differences register.event and the raw version can do more events then the other ?
I'm really not familiar with the details on them, but I think it's just a syntax thing. My understanding is that register.event is something you have to have the name of the event, where the raw version you use the event ID. I could be thoroughly off, though.
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-10-01 13:01:19  

As indicated in the spreadsheet, register_event refreshes global variables as many as 20 times per second. The functions refresh_player, refresh_ffxi_info, and refresh_group_info are relatively heavy functions, and calling them 20 times per second will drop your framerate.

You should use register_event if: your function compares data in the event to gearswap variables and the event is not likely to occur often.

You should use raw_register_event if: the event occurs frequently (incoming chunk) or you do not need to compare data in the event to gearswap variables.
 Ragnarok.Boq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2015-10-03 09:22:34  
I'm having trouble adjusting Kinematic's WHM lua so that it will equip Hachirin-no-Obi, Twilight Cape, and Zodiac Ring for cures when there is Lightsday, Light weather, or under the effect of Aurorastorm. I can get the Obi to equip using the gear.ElementalObi in the waist slot. But I am at a loss for how to do it for the back and ring slot.

I tried making a "CureWeatherDay" set like this:

sets.midcast.CureWeatherDay = set_combine(sets.midcast.Cure,{
ring1="Zodiac Ring",
back="Twiligiht Cape",
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"
})

and then for example within the "Custom Spell Mapping Section at line 283, I put a

elseif default_spell_map == 'Cure' and state.Buff['Aurorastorm'] then
return "CureWeatherDay"

And it doesn't seem to work at all when I have Aurorastorm active. I have a feeling I'm missing something pretty obvious to most people. Could someone help me alter the code? I've put Kinematic's WHM.lua code in the spoiler below.

Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-03 10:10:32  
Ragnarok.Boq said: »
sets.midcast.CureWeatherDay = set_combine(sets.midcast.Cure,{
ring1="Zodiac Ring",
back="Twiligiht Cape",
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"
})
You don't need to do all this; just use this:
Code
gear.default.obi_waist = "item name"
gear.default.obi_back = "item name"
gear.default.obi_ring = "item name"

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] = {ring1=gear.ElementalRing,back=gear.ElementalCape,waist=gear.ElementalObi}
where the item names are whatever you want your non-matching weather/day casting piece to be.
 Ragnarok.Boq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2015-10-03 11:42:40  
Thanks so much! That worked perfectly. I didn't realize it was so simple.
By Aeyela 2015-10-03 14:00:34  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Directly, this will only work with his files, but it could easily be tweaked for a non-Mote file. I've seen buffactive check for buff IDs (buffactive[###]), as in the event of Haste 2 or Victory March instead of Advancing March, but I've had poor experiences with it in the past. You can play with it if you want, as all the buff IDs are listed in /Windower4/res/buffs.lua

I'm having problems with buff active when using the names as well now. Actually, I likely have been since the latest update to GS, though only with Thief (which directly uses name inputs for checking stacks on Rudras) have I now noticed it.

Changing the names to their relative ID's in the res/buffs.lua List file fixes it no problem. Shame though, it's definitely easier and more readable to put "Sneak Attack" rather than "65".

(Posting as a mere follow up, since I know a few people have been having problems using the names recently in various GS related questions.)
 Siren.Noxzema
サーバ: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-10-04 15:23:00  
So I'm failing at google atm... I know I've seen it somewhere before, but how do you set up a function to equip different gear if other slots are empty (I.E in salvage)?

As an example,
Code
if player.status == 'Engaged' and player.equipment.body == 'empty' then
                equip(set_combine(sets.avatar.perp, {head="Glyphic Horn +1"}))
            elseif player.status == 'Idle' and player.equipment.body == 'empty' then

Is what I thought would work, but it doesn't do anything.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-04 23:59:48  
Siren.Noxzema said: »
So I'm failing at google atm... I know I've seen it somewhere before, but how do you set up a function to equip different gear if other slots are empty (I.E in salvage)?

As an example,
Code

Anytime I've done salvage, it equips gear as I go, as just about every action makes a check and will equip gear. You shouldn't need to do anything extra to make it work, and if you do, you probably have something coded incorrectly elsewhere.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-10-05 20:10:20  
Siren.Noxzema said: »

As an example,
Code

Your code is fine in general so I'd imagine there's a difference between encumbrance and just not having something equipped in a slot that is open.

Mote-Utility has an is_encumbered function, so you could either include that file or copy/paste the function into your file.
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-10-05 20:46:49  

It does work fine, I was just trying to get it to equip different gear as I go instead of my normal gear, to get more -perp, saving mp.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.
 Asura.Miizuki
user: Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-10-06 16:50:36  
Hey,

I'm looking for some help on Gearswap please, I'm kinda new to it since like a week or so.

I was wondering if something was possible on my BST.

The thing is I made it so my sub axe and legs switch for the recast delay of Sic & Ready so I'm losing all my TP because of this but it's okay as long I don't fight together with my pet.

My problem is: Is it possible to make a rule that make the axe does not switch and only the legs when I fight along with my Pet so I won't lose my TP to WS? If yes, could someoone tell me what to write and where please? would be much appreciated.

Hope I explained this well, my english isn't that great.
By Bongarippa 2015-10-06 17:23:28  
Could just equip the axes you want to wield and leave the others you dont in your satchel or safe. Thats how I do it with my bst lua.
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-10-06 18:17:18  
Thanks for the answer, I did not think about that but I would like a way where I can keep all my axes on me if it's possible.

But yea if there are not any way to do this I'll just do as you said.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-10-06 19:18:53  
Asura.Miizuki said: »
My problem is: Is it possible to make a rule that make the axe does not switch and only the legs when I fight along with my Pet so I won't lose my TP to WS? If yes, could someoone tell me what to write and where please? would be much appreciated.

In your precast you can check whether or not you're engaged before you do the gear swaps. i.e.:
Code
function job_precast

if spell.type == "Monster" then
    if player.status == 'Engaged' then
        equip(ReadyLegs)
    else
        equip(ReadyAxeAndLegs)
    end
end
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-10-06 21:47:57  
Hey Falkirk, thanks for your answer.

Here is what I try to do based on what you said.
Code

sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyRecast = {sub="Charmer's Merlin",legs="Desultor Tassets",}

sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyEngaged = {legs="Desultor Tassets",} 

I added the sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyEngaged a bit hgher in the lua then I did this in the end of the lua but it does not seem to works.
Code

if ready_moves_to_check:contains(spell.name) and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
                classes.CustomClass = "WS"
                equip(sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyRecast)
            else
                equip(sets.midcast.Pet.ReadyEngaged)
	    end
end

I only added the line
Code

else

Like I said I'm totally new on Gearswap, sorry if I did a bad mistake, well I'm totally sure I did a mistake there but I don't know where, I can even do //gs reload without him to tell me there is a error.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-10-06 22:34:28  
Code

else
	    end
end

Your code just needs a slight modification for the outcome you want. Try something like this:
Code

else
        end
    end
By vm0d 2015-10-07 01:41:12  
could also try this instead of making more gearsets:
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
        disable('main','sub','range')
    else
        enable('main','sub','range')
    end
end

additionally:
Code
function user_setup()
	send_command('bind f9 gs c cycle OffenseMode')
	state.OffenseMode:options('None', 'Normal')
end

function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
	if stateField == 'Offense Mode' then
		if newValue == 'Normal' then
		else
		end
	end
end

can use both of these methods of locking in your gs. then you can either manually lock gear or auto-lock if you randomly engage.

just be aware that gs will lock whatever you have equipped in main, sub, range when you enable offensemode=normal or engage a monster. you can change them manually, but gs will not equip your sets.engaged items for you.
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-10-07 02:37:40  
Thanks again Falkirk, that's what I was thinking to do right when I logged out yesterday.

But it seems that there is an error this time, it says:
end expected (to close 'function' at line 389) near '<eof>'

The end of my lua look like this now, not sure if I that's the wrong place where I did put what you write or something too.
Code
        cancel_conflicting_buffs(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

-- Define class for Sic and Ready moves.

else
    end
end

function job_pet_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
-- Equip monster correlation gear, as appropriate
    if ready_moves_to_check:contains(spell.english) and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
        equip(sets.midcast.Pet.WS)
	end

if mab_ready_moves:contains(spell.english) and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
 equip(sets.midcast.Pet.MabReady)
 end

if buffactive['Unleash'] then
                hands="Regimen Mittens"
        end

-- If Pet TP, before bonuses, is less than a certain value, equip Ferine Manoplas +1 or +2

end

-- Return true if we handled the aftercast work.  Otherwise it will fall back
-- to the general aftercast() code in Mote-Include.
function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

end
By Aeyela 2015-10-07 02:46:10  
You need an extra end before job_pet_midcast. If you make sure you indent your code properly it's a lot easier to spot when they're missing.

So the job_precast function would become:
Code
	cancel_conflicting_buffs(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

else
		end
	end

At which point you can see you're missing an end on the end. :)
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-10-07 02:48:21  
Wow I finally got it to works, Thanks alot Vm0d.

Thank you for your help too Aeyela and Falkirk.

what I did was this, not sure if it's correct but it seems to works fine for me, when I fight along with my pets it doesn't switch my axe and when I disengage and use a ready move it switch my axes.
Code

end

else
    end
end
By vm0d 2015-10-07 02:53:15  
Wow I finally got it to works, Thanks alot Vm0d.

Thank you for your help too Aeyela and Falkirk.

what I did was this, not sure if it's correct but it seems to works fine for me, when I fight along with my pets it doesn't switch my axe and when I disengage and use a ready move it switch my axes.
Code

end

else
    end
end

yeah, that's the easiest way to do it if you just don't want to switch while you're engaged. :]
[+]
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-10-07 13:10:13  
Hello, I am trying to add a function to my smn gearswap so that if I am engaged and have above 100 TP, main and sub are locked.

Here's the code I currently have. I dosnt return me any error, but it dosnt work as expected.
Code
			if player.tp >= 100 then
			 disable('main','sub')
        else
                enable('main','sub')
		end
    end

Help would be appreciated!
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-07 18:28:28  
Siren.Blackroses said: »
Hello, I am trying to add a function to my smn gearswap so that if I am engaged and have above 100 TP, main and sub are locked.

Here's the code I currently have. I dosnt return me any error, but it dosnt work as expected.
Code
			if player.tp >= 100 then
			 disable('main','sub')
        else
                enable('main','sub')
		end
    end

Help would be appreciated!
It depends on where you have that chunk in your file. If it's in a precast function, it will only trigger on the precast phase of abilities/spells, same with midcast or aftercast. Ideally, you would have it in customize_melee_set, but I think that is a Mote-based function and won't work unless it's uses his includes. Otherwise, everything you have here should work, but I would caution using 100 TP as the deciding point, given Ionis will always give you 100 TP on return, and there might be times in Adoulin you need to switch weapons.
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-10-07 18:50:57  
Thanks for your answer Vafruvant. The gearswap I use is indeed Mots based, so I will have to look deeper into that customize_melee_set.

As for the TP return, im kinda old school, my mind is still set on 100, 200 and 300 TP WS. I Definitly needed to put 1000 there.

Edit: Any chance you could guide me or write me that customize_melee_set?

edit2 :Got it working with:
Code
-- Modify the default melee set after it was constructed.
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
		if player.tp >= 1000 then
		meleeSet = (sets.engaged)
		disable('main','sub','ammo')
	else
		enable('main','sub','ammo')
	end
	return meleeSet
end
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-07 22:44:59  
Siren.Blackroses said: »
Thanks for your answer Vafruvant. The gearswap I use is indeed Mots based, so I will have to look deeper into that customize_melee_set.

As for the TP return, im kinda old school, my mind is still set on 100, 200 and 300 TP WS. I Definitly needed to put 1000 there.

Edit: Any chance you could guide me or write me that customize_melee_set?

edit2 :Got it working with:
Code
-- Modify the default melee set after it was constructed.
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
		if player.tp >= 1000 then
		meleeSet = (sets.engaged)
		disable('main','sub','ammo')
	else
		enable('main','sub','ammo')
	end
	return meleeSet
end
Three things:

1) you don't need the line meleeSet = (sets.engaged); it already knows that.

2) you can change ammo and keep tp, you can't change ranged (bows, etc)

3) you're missing an end in that function, and it should be throwing an error. Double check your file and make sure you don't have a stray end somewhere, because that could brick a multitude of functions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 180 181 182