Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 188 189 190
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-12 16:49:15  
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Sorry forgot about Mes'yohi. Its real use was only soloing anyway.

As for the best way to go about fixing multi-element bosses... I'd say that the easiest way to do it would be for them to give us a CD on a moderate (20-60s?) but not excessive CD that allowed us to CHANGE (not add) all currently equip'd rune to the next used one. Doing it this way would keep people from using lunge/gambit/rayke and instantly being back at three, but would cover our weakness to enemies that spam multiple elements.

Edit: Hell, the mythic could just grant 3 runes with each use. That'd do it too... because unless I'm mistaken there is no point using different ones unless you are doing that one AF quest.
That is an excellent idea. That should be said on the OF in hopes of SE picking up the idea.

Personally, for mythic, I'd rather have a 4th rune than putting 3 runes up at once. Although that would lead to even more JA delay. But still, so many things vary based on number of runes. Adding a 4th rune would impact a lot. The thought of a 4 rune lunge... XD
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-13 03:30:00  
Hmm how much better is the Aettir then a Crobaci +2 with DMG+24 WS DMG+10% and Acc +8?

Debating switching it out or not.

Oh and has anyone figured out how to stop the T5 in Marijami from doing ridiculous damage?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-13 03:42:17  
Significantly higher accuracy, some extra attack, lower delay (without breaking xhit, extra unlikely to help you maintain in a tank set), lunge damage bonus, 10% extra enmity, and -5% PDT in exchange for +10% damage to the first hit of Resolution, a bit of attack, and a few extra base damage. Easily worth the exchange.

Maybe Crobaci would still be worth using for low level things, but meh.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-13 04:54:48  
269 DMG 501 Delay
254 Atk
213 Acc
10% on first WS hit (not that great really)
vs

263 DMG 480 Delay
242 Atk
217 Acc
+10 Enmity
-5% PDT
Bonus to Lunge/Swipe from the special and from higher skill

Seems to be about the same for overall damage but the defensive bonus's seem to be worthwhile. I'm only asking because the prices on the claw have skyrocketed. Since I already have an nicely augmented Crobaci +2 was wondering if I should bother spending the extra money for the new GS, or wait until the prices go down (if they ever do). Obviously nobody should be spending any money on Crobaci +2 now since it would be better spent on the ingredients for the new sword.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-13 14:19:17  
i wouldnt spend 9~10m on it if i had crobaci. would just wait for claw price to go down to 2~3m first
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2014-04-13 14:58:09  
Added Mes'yohi to the OP and updated the subjob section.

The Crobaci+2 for sure has the potential to be our best weapon in DD circumstances, however it would require DA+2 to do so. Weaponskill +10% as you stated provides unfortunately little to Resolution.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-13 15:04:14  
Fixed up a couple of things in the BLU sub breakdown!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2014-04-13 15:30:08  
Fair enough. Also put the idea from the bottom of the last page on the OF. Don't think they even look at that but as Martel said, its worth a shot.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-14 01:15:11  
Considering what has been said about Crobaci+2 possibly being our best DD weapon with perfect augments (good luck with that) I have two things to add:

1) We are getting a new WS soon. That could change how good "WS damage +10%" is according to how many hits and how good it's gonna be
2) SE said they are going to upgrade WKR drops soon (May?). This probably means they're gonna add higher ilevel versions of the current drops. This is what happened in the past at least. Know what this means? That we have a chance to get a higher ilevel version of the Hurkan Gsword. The upgrade could be to 117, but in case it's gonna go to 119 then I think that new version could probably be our new best DD Gsword.

Also another thing about Embolden.
You guys sure the description is right?
I thought Embolden powered up the next Enhancing spell cast on you, no matter if you cast it yourself or if it comes from someone else.
Likewise, you cannot powerup an Enhancing spell you want to cast on someone else.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 01:27:47  
Somehow don't see the RUN mythic(equivalent) WS matching or exceeding resolution, unless it gets a super duper phenomenal extra like an attack bonus or high chance to crit. It won't have nearly the same fTP or WSC, almost guaranteed.

And yes, Embolden only works on spells cast by yourself. If someone casts something on you, the JA will stay active. The effect description is taken directly from the game, sometimes with a little added flair, but never added target information and the like. Notes section is where I add my own information.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-14 01:38:38  
I'd imagine the RUN mythic would be similar to a Burtgang. Even if Hurkan dropped a new GS, I don't think it would be better than Aettir or the mythic GS.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2014-04-14 01:48:52  
I clearly can't speak for SE but I'd imagine our mythic weaponskill will either be something along the lines of atonement/req in that it is non-elemental damage, or that it will have some kind of powerful additional effect like flash or attack down with duration varying with TP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-14 01:52:18  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
I don't think it would be better than Aettir or the mythic GS.
I was clearly talking for dd purposes, as specified in my previous post.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-14 05:14:47  
Well was screwing around as /BLU and stumbled upon a niche for "Rune Tank", aoe tanking. All current hate tools for PLD and NIN center around single target hate building, yet RUN is uniquely equipped to build hate on multiple targets simultaneously as /BLU. With Tennacity we can cast so fast that getting Aquaveil / Skin up is easy along with cocoon and ice or shock spikes. We can utilize some of the aoe hate spells from /BLU to tag everything then utilize Foil and some of the self target JA's to generate hate on everything simultaneously. We even have an aoe WS that actually works, Shock Wave has been fixed and I've been very successful sleeping groups of monsters with it. Also found out that with refueling and Valliation up, Blank Gaze had a 3~4s recast which is close enough to the 3s global spell cooldown that you could cast it infinitely. So Flash -> Foil -> Jett -> BG spam on a single target for insanely fast hate generation.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-14 06:55:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
And yes, Embolden only works on spells cast by yourself. If someone casts something on you, the JA will stay active. The effect description is taken directly from the game, sometimes with a little added flair, but never added target information and the like. Notes section is where I add my own information.
Sechs has it right, actually. And I retested just now to be sure it hadn't changed. But having my whm mule barfire me consumed embolden. And gave me a 255 barfire. Which is interesting, since my WHM barspells are 190 resist. So it should have been 285. Barspells have a hardcap it appears.

EDIT:
Also, your rune enchantment job point description is off. You have:

"Rune Enchantment Effect - Increases the potency of runes by 1."

The ingame description is

Rune Enchantment effect - Increases elemental resistance granted by each rune. Increase resistance by 1.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-04-14 07:48:53  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sechs has it right, actually. And I retested just now to be sure it hadn't changed. But having my whm mule barfire me consumed embolden. And gave me a 255 barfire. Which is interesting, since my WHM barspells are 190 resist. So it should have been 285. Barspells have a hardcap it appears.

EDIT:

Rune Enchantment effect - Increases elemental resistance granted by each rune. Increase resistance by 1.

I kinda hoped that the Rune Enchantment effect from job points would also affect rune enspell damage :/
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-14 13:25:45  
Asura.Sechs said: »
2) SE said they are going to upgrade WKR drops soon (May?). This probably means they're gonna add higher ilevel versions of the current drops. This is what happened in the past at least. Know what this means? That we have a chance to get a higher ilevel version of the Hurkan Gsword. The upgrade could be to 117, but in case it's gonna go to 119 then I think that new version could probably be our new best DD Gsword.

I'm inclined to think that the changes to WKR drops means they might be adding the synthesis materials to potential rare rewards (ie: Gabbrath Horn and Meat). If this is the case, making Aettir would become significantly easier. I would love it if there was a 119 sword with Kaquljaan's stats and model, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Solidous
user: admx9
By Lakshmi.Solidous 2014-04-14 13:38:38  
Ukudyoni?
By Susanowa 2014-04-14 14:49:28  
Anyone know what Enhance Battuta from relic head gear does? I been trying to look for it but couldn't find it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 15:17:51  

EDIT:

fixed x2
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 15:40:28  
Susanowa said: »
Anyone know what Enhance Battuta from relic head gear does? I been trying to look for it but couldn't find it.
I can say that it doesn't increase the duration, so it must be associated to either the parrying rate or dmg from spike effect.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 16:14:44  
Probably something like +1% or +2% parry rate per merit
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-14 16:49:47  
Lakshmi.Solidous said: »
Ukudyoni?
I meant a 119 sword with the triple attack and MAB instead of the thunder weather only bonuses.

Susanowa said: »
It definitely increases the spikes damage, I noticed about an 18% increase, though it's possible it's a base damage boost and not a percent boost. Haven't bothered to test the parry rate, but I'd wager there is an increase.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-14 17:18:15  
I'll probably test Battuta parry rate with relic head sometime. Can't say how soon though.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 17:50:13  
Probably something like +1% or +2% parry rate per merit

I just did an eyeball test on Diremites in Rala, with fu. Bandeau +1 with 3 Gelus runes, and then 3 runes without.

It took 2 cycles on Battuta without head piece due to not getting a parry proc once for the first attempt.

Edit: Parry rate seems to be 100% with Battuta with respect to the Diremites for test. If the mobs attack were to land; parry would proc. Issue I was having was that I was evading more attacks than having them land on me/parrying. I am also under the impression the one 40 dmg spike proc was a resist.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-15 01:05:15  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I'm inclined to think that the changes to WKR drops means they might be adding the synthesis materials to potential rare rewards (ie: Gabbrath Horn and Meat). If this is the case, making Aettir would become significantly easier. I would love it if there was a 119 sword with Kaquljaan's stats and model, though.
I can't find the original quote from SE... but it was a pretty generic sentence anyway, so you might be right.
Actually, it would sure be easier (less items to plan) for them to go your path instead of adding even more potential drops from WKR ==> even more frustration because with a larger pool it will be harder to get the items you want.
I guess probably it was just a wet dream of mine (yes, some of the 115 pieces brought to 119 stats would be pretty *** cool)

I was bloody sure it was like that at release because I remember testing it.
I just assumed it got changed sometimes, but appearently it's still like that.
Martel since you re-tested, does it work only for single-casted spell s on the RUN, or for anything that hits the run? (even accessioned spells cast on the mage, or -ra spell etc)

I don't really know what would be the best use for Embolden though. Get additional defense from Protectra V to mitigate RUN's issues with physical damage?
Other smart uses?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-15 01:08:41  
I use it with Shell V to cut the amount of gear needed for an MDT set
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-15 02:20:07  
What's the max you can get from Shellra V?
I think with max merits, Cleric Pantaloons+2 and Sheltered Ring it should be something like ~30% MDT, correct?
I don't know at which points in the formulae you add the 50% effect from Embolden, anybody knows?.
50% of ~30% MDT would be ~15% MDT, for a total of roughly ~45% MDT?

For Protectra V the max should be ~240 Def.
Assuming Embolden gets added at the end and not to the core value, that would become ~360 Defense.
Altough I suppose not many WHMs have 5/5 Protectra V.
Also, I feel Embolden bonus probably gets added to the base value and not the final one (anybody tested?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems ~15% MDT is a bigger bonus than ~120 DEF.
It has to be said though that's it's quite easy to reach capped MDT with good items (given how many options we have) whereas with Defense you don't really have choices, since DEF is not a "stat" on gear like MDT but just something dependant on ilevel.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-15 02:24:21  
Side note: am I the only one who was expecting an embolden-boosting trait on some of the AF/Relic armours?
Anybody expecting it to be present on RUN Empy armour?

I was expecting something like leaving the boost at 50% but reducing the amount of cut duration from 50% to... 30% or whatever else.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-15 07:47:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I was bloody sure it was like that at release because I remember testing it.
I just assumed it got changed sometimes, but appearently it's still like that.
Martel since you re-tested, does it work only for single-casted spell s on the RUN, or for anything that hits the run? (even accessioned spells cast on the mage, or -ra spell etc)
Look at the post you just quoted.

I retested with a WHM's barfire. WHM barfire would be barfira, which is aoe. So yes, it's going to work on AoE buffs.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 188 189 190