Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-15 07:55:58  
derp... >.>
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-15 16:21:28  
After reading the notes again:
Quote:
We recognize that there are people with all kinds of play styles in the game, and we are discussing whether to add routes to allow solo-heavy players to slowly work towards level 119 equipment. Before we do that, however, we want to expand on the items you can obtain in Wildskeeper Reives (Although, this isn't to say that level 119 equipment will be obtainable from them).
I'm further inclined to think they'll add the synth materials to WKR drops, allowing for upgrading relic armor and making those new weapons more easily.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-15 21:32:35  
The SP job point description is also off.

Current: Elemental Sforzo Effect - Adds a chance to absorb elemental magic damage. Each point adds 1% chance. (Maximum: 10)

In game: Elemental Sforzo Effect - Absorbs elemental damage while under the effects of Elemental Sforzo. Increase the amount of damage absorbed by 2 percent.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-16 01:15:31  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
After reading the notes again:

I'm further inclined to think they'll add the synth materials to WKR drops, allowing for upgrading relic armor and making those new weapons more easily.
I thought about you when I read that myself.
I have to kinda concur with you. If we are to believe those words I don't really think they're gonna add any 119 version of the WKR items, and probably not even 117.
More likely they'll add Materials and maybe something else (tales?)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-23 16:13:04  
I'd be surprised if they add Rem's Tales, there are already plenty of sources for those. Anyway, I've already spent plasm on the valuable synth materials in anticipation. Likewise, I'm holding off on making an Aettir until I see the stats/requirements for the Mythic greatsword. Not that I have a claw to spare, but I'm sure the price drop gradually regardless of what happens.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-04-26 07:39:46  
Anyone know how Haruspex Coat stacks up against some other body options for Lunge? Right now I'm using Wayfarer robe and don't really have plans to get Vanir body anytime soon.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-26 07:50:11  
They're very close but I think wayfarer is still slightly ahead, and also doesn't have enmity- on it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-28 05:22:08  
I know most of this data is on the first page, but I'm making a list for my own use and adding questions where data is unclear

Legend:
  • {} = Says when you can equip the item to get its JSE effect. Precast, Midcast, Fulltime

• () = These numbers refer to the HQ version, the others are of course for the NQ

• [] = Describes the bonus of the Augment (only for Futhark set)

• ? = Something I'm not sure of, not confirmed.

Runeist Set
  • Head: {M} Regen +20(+21)sec

• Body: {P} Vallation/Valiance +15

• Hands: {P} Gambit +10(+12) total duration

• Legs: X

• Feet: {?} Pflug +1%?(2%) resistance (per rune?)

Futhark Set
  • Head: {M} Phalanx +4(+5) - [{P} Increases Battuta spikes damage by X for each merit]

• Body: {P} Liemente +2(+3)sec - [{P} Elemental Sforzo duration +10sec]

• Hands: {?} Swordplay +3(+5)??? - [{?} Sleight of Sword?]

• Legs: {P/M} Enhancing Magic duration +10%(20%) applying after Embolden, casting -12%(13%) - [{P} 2% more FC per Inspire merit]

• Feet: {F} Tactical Parry +1(+2) - [{?} Rayke?]

So, anybody able to shed the light on some of these data?
We still need precise effect of some enhancements, and wether you need to fulltime the piece of can just use it when activating the JA.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-28 05:40:28  
Also, since I regretted upgrading some pieces, my personal thoughts on HQ AF and Relic, compared to NQ or other available options of course.

Runeist - 2/5

Futhark - 5/5

A small note about Sleight of Sword.
Atm this talent is utterly useless, but since in theory we should soon get 5 additional upgrades in the group #2 merit category, this might be worth to get IF the augment on the hands is anything cool.
I mean, it could be even more Subtle Blow (say, +2 per merit) and it would be completely crap.
But it could be something better like, dunno, +1% DA per merit?
If this hidden bonus is cool, it might make it worth to merit Sleight of Sword.
Nothing on the JP wiki yet?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-28 17:34:46  
Just a couple notes:

• Don't forgot to include the AF head in precast for the 10% Fast Cast.

• AF Body +1 is the highest magic evasion piece available. I'm not sure if there are notable differences between regular magic evasion and resist all elements, other than the obvious lack of resistance against non-elemental magic. However, and this is relatively anecdotal, but I recall that having actual elemental resistance boosts the effects of "Resist" traits (ie: wind resistance and Resist Silence) to a strong degree. That said, I'm still a big fan of this body piece because it's a lot easier to get than the Futhark Coat +1, has a whopping HP+139, and is a highly practical full-time refresh piece.

• AF Hands are indeed +10 seconds to Gambit duration, +12 seconds for the +1.

• AF Legs +1 might be wise to full-time in certain status-heavy fights, but I'd imagine most people would take Qaaxo Tights [C] over them any day.

• I haven't (and probably won't) do any testing, but I'd wager the NQ and HQ AF boots grants 1% and 2% resistance respectively per rune, as this would mirror the merit category.

• Relic pants do in fact give an extra +2 Fast Cast per Inspiration Merit. The pants only need to be equipped when using Vallation/Valiance to get the bonus from the augment. Not that it matters much, but the duration bonus is applied after Embolden, if you wondered.

• Relic Boots are exceptional during Battuta, especially against large groups of enemies while using an Eminent Voulge. No idea about the Rayke augment though.

Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-28 18:03:06  
Question: is Critical Parry a typo or just the same thing as Tactical Parry?

Edit: Battuta effect on relic head is an increase in spike effect damage.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-28 18:25:23  
Oh, forgot to mention that. Yes, Critical Parry is a mistranslation of Tactical Parry. I noticed it when playing in the French version, and it can be seen if you look at the item on this site in the other languages.

And yep, the Battuta effect is a boost to spike damage. I think the jury is still out on whether it boosts the parry rate or not. Also, it only needs to be used when activating Battuta to gain the benefit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-29 01:24:18  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Don't forgot to include the AF head in precast for the 10% Fast Cast.
Yeah but the HQ has the same Fast Cast as the NQ.
In my small list I wasn't evaluating the worth of each single AF/Relic piece, but rather the worth of getting +1 over NQ.
I do have HQ Runeist Bandeau +1, but the utility of the HQ over the NQ is pretty marginal. Aside from the obvious higher stats vomit it's "just" +1% Haste and +1 regen lol
Well, unless our data is wrong and NQ actually has 9% Fast Cast instead of the reported 10... could be.

Quote:
AF Body +1 is the highest magic evasion piece available.
Yes and no.
It has the same Magic Evasion of Futhark, but it has an ADDITIONAL +33 Resistance to all elements, which is different from magic evasion, it won't work on debuffs (afaik) or non-elemental magic damage.
It's cool but in all honesty would you use that for a small chance of additional resist (with possible reduced returns) instead of the fixed -7% Damage Taken of Futhark, which works 100% of the times?
So no, again, AF Body+1 imho is not worth it.
Unless you want it for collection purposes.
Of course I created that list from the point of view of someone who has to make "choices" and doesn't want/can't upgrade every single piece to HQ.
The Refresh effect is cool but, again, it's the same as the NQ.
I agree it's much much cheaper than the Futhark, atm it's like what, 600k vs 5mil on my server? So yes, this is actually a valid point.

Quote:
Relic pants do in fact give an extra +2 Fast Cast per Inspiration Merit. The pants only need to be equipped when using Vallation/Valiance to get the bonus from the augment.
Oooh? So To get the additional +X% Fast Cast you need to wear the pants while activating Valiance/Vallation? This means the bonus applies to other people as well (in the case of Valiance).
I was imagining this as something that activated only for the RUN whenever you equipped the pants and Vallation/Valiance buff status were up.

Thanks for all the other clarifications! <3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-29 02:33:47  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Well, unless our data is wrong and NQ actually has 9% Fast Cast instead of the reported 10... could be.

it isnt. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108198-Random-Facts-Thread-Traits-and-Stats-%28Player-and-Monster%29?p=5843884&viewfull=1#post5843884
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-29 09:02:29  
Quote:
It has the same Magic Evasion of Futhark, but it has an ADDITIONAL +33 Resistance to all elements, which is different from magic evasion, it won't work on debuffs (afaik) or non-elemental magic damage.

Umm there is no difference between +Elemental Resist and magic evasion when dealing attacks of a specific element. +Resist is additional magic evasion for any resistance checks of that attack which includes debuffs. +33 Magic Evasion and +33 Dark Resist would be the exact same thing when doing checks on Sleep or Drain.

You can calculate your ME as a hidden C rank skill, 373 at 99, then add on +Magic Evasion then add whatever total +resist you have of that element. Then there is dSTAT but that's usually added onto the accuracy even if it's a negative. This is why stacking runes, barspells and +ME is so useful. The "Resist X" traits are just a static percentage to flat out ignore that particular debuff and are separate from the MA/ME checks.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-29 21:27:14  
Asura.Sechs said: »
This means the bonus applies to other people as well (in the case of Valiance).
Yep, so barring dispels or inability to position yourself for Valiance, everyone else gets to enjoy that crazy fast cast 65% of the time. Pretty interesting if you have, say, a BLU with you, so they can spam Sudden Lunge on anything that doesn't build resistance.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-30 01:24:15  
Btw, if someone can find maybe a better visual way to format data, it would be really good to take what I wrote in my table above, implement what's missing, and put it somewhere in the first post.

Just like I was looking for that info, I'm sure other people are as well.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2014-04-30 07:50:40  
I'll add what the known relic augments actually do sometime later this week. I just finished off an 18 hour day at the new job so I've been a bit behind.

However, that being said as for the precast/midcast/fulltime that is pretty intuitive and probably doesn't need to be restated.

I can touch on critical parry = tactical parry typo because that one I can still see as an issue (SE really should have gotten around to fixing that by now >_>).

I'll fix the descriptions of things like job point things as well.
By Susanowa 2014-05-01 02:51:45  
Speculation on what it take to finish Runefencer Mythic beside already mention requirement to start quest. Beat all current delve boss and Nakuul. Trade 10~30 k of either pluton, Beit,or Riftborn for one of the 3 items like mythic. Trade 10 million plasm or more for second item. Trade maybe like 1000 copper voucher for last one cant think of anything else time consuming for last one. Then do all coalition assignment again and maybe something from skirmish might be involve. This is so like SE. Happy farming everyone.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2014-05-01 03:34:52  
According to bg wiki it takes 175 imprimaturs to reach legend rank. At 4 imprimaturs a day, this comes out to 43.75, so 44 days for one coalition. There are six coalitions, so from scratch, this will take approx. 264 days to complete, which is ~9 months. So this new quest obviously doesn't cater to people who haven't been keeping up with their coalition assignments lol. Adoulin released approximately, 14 months ago, so everyone who has kept up with thier coalitions, kudos to you! To everyone else, my condolences. Hopefully once people find out the next parts of the quest, you can work on them in tandem with the assignments. Like saving up bayld/plasm etc.

If I had to make a guess it would be:

- 1 million Bayld+ item (my guess would be 5 million)
- 5-10 Million plasm item (considering you can get 90k~ a run, seems plausible) 100 Tojil runs doesn't sound too bad.
- All delve Naakuul clear and wildkeeper clear key items
- Something to do with razkaz skirmish, possibly the titles for completing all skirmishes with 5/5/5 and second objective.
- These are called ergon weapons, so probably a pilgrimage to every ergon locus (theres alot >.>)Would be cool if each one spawned an NM XD
- X amount of beitetsu

Even with the above, the longest part of the quest would be legend rank in everything XD
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-05-01 04:21:06  
I'm mildly fearful that we'll need something from Mummer's Medals, as they made mention that a new game and prizes will be added to them, to coincide with the coalition rank addition.

Other than that possibility that I dread, bayld, plasm, and obsidian fragments are all a given. Beyond that, who knows. Kind of surprised that you don't need WKR/Delve/Skirmish titles to flag the quest, but then again, it could be an actual part of the quest after flagging.

Number wise, I'm going with 5 mil plasm, to equate roughly to Einherjar for Mythics. 100k ichor needed, 2k per T3, 100k per Delve, 50 runs each.

I'd guess in the neighborhood of 2-3 mil bayld. For those that have been active in SoA since launch, it's just accumulated very easily from all the reives, quests, and assignments we've done. However, for those not around and active since then, it's far more of a grind to get large amounts of balyd. Though you'd get a generous amount towards that goal just from getting the legend ranks.

Obsidian frags I'm imagining needing 3 KIs at 50k each or something. Frags are a hell of a grind if you only do Skirmish for them, but you're able to trade in augment stones to Ornery Dhole for 20% of his sale price of said stones, ex. Ghastly +2 costs 10k, can trade him one for 2k.

Not as prepped as I'd like to be for the Ergon weapons, capped obsidian frags with a stack of Ghastly +2s set aside, 2.1 mil bayld, and 2.8 mil plasm, and 3 stacks of Beits, but hopefully there's not much more that's needed, like the 100s of Delve boss mats that someone guessed in another thread.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-01 04:23:25  
Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
According to bg wiki it takes 175 imprimaturs to reach legend rank. At 4 imprimaturs a day, this comes out to 43.75, so 44 days for one coalition. There are six coalitions, so from scratch, this will take approx. 264 days to complete, which is ~9 months. So this new quest obviously doesn't cater to people who haven't been keeping up with their coalition assignments lol. Adoulin released approximately, 14 months ago, so everyone who has kept up with thier coalitions, kudos to you! To everyone else, my condolences. Hopefully once people find out the next parts of the quest, you can work on them in tandem with the assignments. Like saving up bayld/plasm etc.

If I had to make a guess it would be:

- 1 million Bayld+ item (my guess would be 5 million)
- 5-10 Million plasm item (considering you can get 90k~ a run, seems plausible) 100 Tojil runs doesn't sound too bad.
- All delve Naakuul clear and wildkeeper clear key items
- Something to do with razkaz skirmish, possibly the titles for completing all skirmishes with 5/5/5 and second objective.
- These are called ergon weapons, so probably a pilgrimage to every ergon locus (theres alot >.>)Would be cool if each one spawned an NM XD
- X amount of beitetsu

Even with the above, the longest part of the quest would be legend rank in everything XD

I thought that also, but looking at bg again, i think the pre req refers to total coalition rank, not individual. So, its easy, as all server should have coalition rank 7 already, and will get 8 next update. At least, bg dont refer to personal standing as rank, but if in fact requires to have max standing in all coalition, man, at least time requirement this surpass originak mythics.

But i think, at this point, se isnt interested in long time grinding quests.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-01 04:31:45  
Quote:
Geomancers must have fulfilled the following conditions to undertake the quest.

• Have completed the quest "The Communion"

• Be at the rank of "legend" for all coalitions

• Are not currently undertaking the identical quest for rune fencers

It doesn't say server, it says Geomancer, which says to me that your own personal rank must be "Legend" for all coalitions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-01 04:40:34  
I obviously don't know how ridiculous all this will end up being, but I'm quite sure that it does refer to individual rank within the coalitions when it talks about having to be at Legend rank within each. Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that a mythic, in perfect circumstances, could be obtained within two months if someone is captain rank, within four if starting from scratch. These Adoulin mythics require 254.375 days minimum to flag the quest (with bronze shovel cordon obtained asap). I'd like to think that that alone would cause SE to not stick us with something comparable to the 30k alexandrite price tag of a normal mythic. Here's to hoping.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-01 04:46:06  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I obviously don't know how ridiculous all this will end up being, but I'm quite sure that it does refer to individual rank within the coalitions when it refers to having to be at Legend rank within each. Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that a mythic, in perfect circumstances, could be obtained within two months if someone is captain rank, within four if starting from scratch. These Adoulin mythics require 254.375 days minimum to flag the quest (with bronze shovel cordon obtained asap). I'd like to think that that alone would cause SE to not stick us with something comparable to the 30k alexandrite price tag of a normal mythic. Here's to hoping.
But once you're legend in all, there it's done, without a ridiculous requirement beyond that, you might as well make both weapons because you're done at that point, comparatively, how many people make 2 mythics?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-01 04:48:53  
Good point. I think there will be an expendable portion (plasm, bayld, etc.), but the numbers suggested so far seem a bit out there given the entry cost.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-01 04:52:36  
I would be very surprised if it was server rank, it's so easy it's not even worth putting as a requirement, every server is going to be max rank.

Also, why would they implement a requirement that isn't up to the player alone to accomplish for a mythic equivalent weapon? I'll keep debating you if you wish but I am saying now, this is 100% your own personal rank in each coalition and I won't be wrong in saying this.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-01 04:56:36  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I would be very surprised if it was server rank, it's so easy it's not even worth putting as a requirement, every server is going to be max rank.

Also, why would they implement a requirement that isn't up to the player alone to accomplish for a mythic equivalent weapon? I'll keep debating you if you wish but I am saying now, this is 100% your own personal rank in each coalition and I won't be wrong in saying this.

Yes, considering they refer to novice, amateur, pioneer every personal rank up, i think "legend" can be the final step of this process. So its a hard time requirement, even worse than mythics.

Deleted my post you quoted, btw, youre right.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 188 189 190