New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 262 263 264

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Giaden 2014-12-11 10:56:26  
Almost wouldn't matter, the sa/ta dmg alone would hold hate on pld(unless your fighting something with stupid random hate or hate reset). Also the follow up dmg on Rudra w/ SC would be pumping out 70k dmg+ on these nms and taking them down quickly. Basically a Zerg fight with thf.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-11 10:59:46  
Damn, im almost regretting i started a koga for mythic, and leave behind my old love for thf and didnt make a vajra.
By Chyula 2014-12-11 11:03:30  
SE still need to reduce SATA timer, maybe down to 30 seconds recast with merit drop another 5 seconds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 11:03:45  
Pantafernando said: »
Damn, im almost regretting i started a koga for mythic, and leave behind my old love for thf and didnt make a vajra.

Never bandwagon. It's boring.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-11 11:05:49  
I really wish the lowered the time for bully imo. Bully SA/AC RS sounds so sexy right now lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 11:09:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Never bandwagon. It's boring.
I love THF but I'm focussing on my one true love, the mythic I am creating is a Burtgang!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 11:10:16  
lhova said: »
I really wish the lowered the time for bully imo. Bully SA/AC RS sounds so sexy right now lol.

THF needs a stance. Every other DD has a stance/ SA/TA/Bully are the Jump/High-Jump of THF.

I'd be perfectly happy with Intimidation stance, allows SA to always work.

Or Decoy Stance, that should've gone to THF when RNG got it. Allows all melee hits enmity transfered. with an increased crit rate and a small increase to ws damage.

We don't complain enough. DRG complained for years and finally got an epic wyvern stance type thing.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-11 11:10:25  
Actually I'm thinking if RS>RS = light SC then perhaps if I bring 5 steps to the HQ AR2 boss then maybe I can 3000tp RS reverse flourish Bully SA/AC RS quick enough to get light off and kill it within seconds? Not sure if should do it in reverse order or not though.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-11 11:16:24  
Actually I'm thinking if RS>RS = light SC then perhaps if I bring 5 steps to the HQ AR2 boss then maybe I can 3000tp RS reverse flourish Bully SA/AC RS quick enough to get light off and kill it within seconds? Not sure if should do it in reverse order or not though.

Rudra is darkness.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-11 11:18:43  
was there really an emergency main that affected R.S?
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-11 11:19:18  
The following issue has been addressed:
-Consulting the Survival Guide while the Super Kupower “Thrifty Transit” is in effect may cause the client to crash.

Edit: Actually that may be from an earlier update today, the times don't add up.
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-12-11 11:20:35  
Giaden said: »
After doing Headwind light night, figure best to bring in two thfs and two plds. Probably take down each nm with a couple of Rudra's w/ SCs and not worry about bringing anything else.
~Edit: For most HT fights at that, long as they can survive a couple AoEs...

Ah, thats a great idea. Combo pld+thf, stacking rudras with trick attack to ws at 3000 would spike pld hate and make sure thf will never hld hate.

But skillchain is considered part of trick attack? I was wondering same thing to coronach skillchain, in case coronach sc, while coronach has static hate, would the sc generate the full hate?

I remember from way back, xping in crawlers nest lv 35-45, it was a big deal to start every mob off with the thf closing distortion with sata viper bite on the pld, because then no one had a chance at pulling hate. Unless they adjusted things or my memory is far worse than estimated, SC dmg resulting from a TA WS will plant all hate from the WS and following SC on the TA target.

As to coronach SC's, i'm like 90% sure the SC generates full emnity on the rng (decoy does not affect WS or SC anyway). It can be a problem when you have 2-3 relic rngs and every other WS makes darkness. Even with decoy you can pull hate this way if everything lines up just wrong. I've had to hold tp for a sec for the SC window to close on fights where hate was shaky.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-11 11:22:15  
Skillchains don't produce hate from their dmg, just like added effects.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-11 11:27:07  
Avatar BCs and Shadowlord battle seem to have some serious -dt going on so neither the THF or myself on DNC rudra'ing saw huge numbers like we did on other highlevel targets.
Headwind might be an exception to squishyness since its 3 NMs+2pets in one fight.
By Giaden 2014-12-11 11:30:46  
We'll be doing other HT fights this week, on D or VD. So we'll check the numbers. Really though, for how broken Rudra is and the hate control that thf can bring, it still seems to me that it would be a lot easier with two plds and two thfs on most fights or even 1 pld and DDs that can SC with Rudra.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 11:37:43  
Avatars have 50% DT or something. But half of 20k is still 10k... I was already doing 8k+ Rudra on Shadowlord before this update.

If Skillchain damage counted toward enmity I'd die every single run I do on RNG. At that point I would just rock a Bow and full on HAM JR.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-12-11 11:44:37  

THF needs a stance. Every other DD has a stance/ SA/TA/Bully are the Jump/High-Jump of THF.

I'd be perfectly happy with Intimidation stance, allows SA to always work.

Or Decoy Stance, that should've gone to THF when RNG got it. Allows all melee hits enmity transfered. with an increased crit rate and a small increase to ws damage.

We don't complain enough. DRG complained for years and finally got an epic wyvern stance type thing.

THIS...a million times this..
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-12-11 11:47:22  
Just a guess, but as the FTP is so god damn high, that the base damage of the dagger, is mostly irrelevant. Making the Mandau's white damage superiority still best.

But not a ffximathwizard.

Damage is multiplied by fTP, so the gains between weapons would scale the same. Factors that aren't are what is devalued by high fTP (SA/TA DMG, DA/TA/QA/etc hits). Weapon damage, however, has been somewhat devalued by higher WSC values from the previous update.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Mandalic's attack bonus is making it get ahead of Rudra's on really defensive/high-level crap, or situations like Tojil where you're hit with attack down a lot. Depending on my buffs, they perform pretty similarly unstacked in Incursion, though that'll definitely change with Vajra.

Were you holding to 1750 for Rudra or using at 1000?

Before update, Mandalic was both good for unstacked and stacked when even just slightly lacking on attack (with Vajra). This update, Rudra's gained a huge edge, and I don't see many situations to use Mandalic.

Unstacked: All things equal, and with a reasonable amount of attack buffs in an attack-starved situation (food,minuets,15%chaos, since the attack modifier does not apply to those), Mandalic Stab's fTP would have to be about 10 for its raw damage to match Rudra's at its ideal use, 2000. That's including Vajra's WS damage bonus. It'd have to be about 13 without that.

Mandalic is 5/8.5/11.75. Its raw damage will rarely compete. However, using Mandalic at 1k can be better than saving TP for Rudra if you're really that low on attack. That said, it's not a hefty gain.

Stacked: Mandalic's attack bonus loses even more advantage because of the way critical hits work. It'll never be better to use than Rudra's.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 12:13:27  
Since you actually have it. And I'm ~7 days from getting it.

Would all the bonuses from Vajra make 300% Mandallic at least close to a 300% Rudra(w/o Vajra). (assuming no nerf) before this update I know it was better than rudra, or at least equivalent.

I know that SARudra with Vajra should completely obliterate SARudra with Mandau.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-11 12:39:40  
We'll be doing other HT fights this week, on D or VD. So we'll check the numbers. Really though, for how broken Rudra is and the hate control that thf can bring, it still seems to me that it would be a lot easier with two plds and two thfs on most fights or even 1 pld and DDs that can SC with Rudra.
Been using PLD THF DNC for frontline, works really nice and will probably be our new frontline setup for 6person battlefields.

Supposed to do DM tonight, excited to try AAs with this since damage was good on those before.

Also kinda funny how me and the thf both build to 3k tp and then ... at each other expecting the other to ws first so they can be the sc closer lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 12:41:09  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Been using PLD THF DNC for frontline, works really nice and will probably be our new frontline setup for 6person battlefields.

Supposed to do DM tonight, excited to try AAs with this since damage was good on those before.

Also kinda funny how me and the thf both build to 3k tp and then ... at each other expecting the other to ws first so they can be the sc closer lol.
Lol just compromise and alternate the closer.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-11 12:46:07  
I usually go 1st so its on me so the thf can sata the pld, but yeah dnc only gets to go omgcritrudras every 90secs compared to a thf which does it a bit more often than that.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 12:49:43  
So when do they usually announce what they fixed, after the servers go up? I don't think they're nerfing Rudra's but we'll see.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 12:55:13  
Game is up
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 12:58:30  
THEY BROKE RUDRAS QQQQQQQQ
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-12-11 12:59:34  
Say it isn't so.. ; ;
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 13:01:37  
I'm still getting high numbers, reckon we're good lol

and lol Valli, gotta post that SS where the mainhand hit missed!
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 262 263 264