or 1750 with moonshade
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-10 17:52:57  
This ***is crazy, in salvage atm doing 10k unstacked.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-10 18:04:46  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
This ***is crazy, in salvage atm doing 10k unstacked.

In dynamis, i was doing average 5-6k unstacked and at 1000tp, so basically, imo, rudra beat the ***out of evis, i did an exen and it was pretty awful.

I dont have yet neither mandalic or mercy, but atm, rudra all the time, for me at least.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-10 18:57:51  
Mandalic's attack bonus is making it get ahead of Rudra's on really defensive/high-level crap, or situations like Tojil where you're hit with attack down a lot. Depending on my buffs, they perform pretty similarly unstacked in Incursion, though that'll definitely change with Vajra.

For funsies, I went and solo'd (with trusts) Ceizak WKR with a Homestead Dagger and Atoyac. By having Mandalic Stab, Evisceration, Exenterator, and Rudra's, I was able to do continuous skillchains, before finishing with a SA Rudra's double darkness. Took about 20 minutes, but I think that'll vary depending on how often she uses Droning Whirlwind since her shadows block Rudra's quite a bit.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-10 21:25:56  
I'm enjoying this Rudra's update quite nicely, while it lasts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-11 01:18:09  
It decreased on my server too. Although I already had that dagger, I wanted to gear up my brother's BST, so I decided to focus on Peacekeepers' Coalition Assignments til it went up. Only took a week of spending imprimaturs on like 4 characters (all family members) to get it back up though, I wish there was more clarity on it but that's the best you can hope for. It was at least 100 imprimaturs, I suppose you could make a thread on your server's forums asking people to pitch in a few.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-11 08:53:32  
Finally decided to get off my butt and put together and unstacked set for Rudra's since it's so high atm, this is what I have so far, trying to find where I can get rid of the crit damage bonus and TA effect in lieu of more raw stat, primarily DEX, but STR/Attack etc, where it's better.

ItemSet 331466

This is what I have so far, any recommendations I may have overlooked?

The new Sombre Cuisses +1 have 1 more DEX than 119 AF legs, but I lose the 10 accuracy/attack. Still deciding on that one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 09:05:15  
Emergency Maintenance, RIP Rudra's Storm, we hardly knew you.

Jukik Feather, you have a Dex aug'd Uk' cap don't you? Manibozho legs.
By lhova 2014-12-11 09:12:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

They better not gimp RS, dafuq
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 09:13:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Finally decided to get off my butt and put together and unstacked set for Rudra's since it's so high atm, this is what I have so far, trying to find where I can get rid of the crit damage bonus and TA effect in lieu of more raw stat, primarily DEX, but STR/Attack etc, where it's better.

ItemSet 331466

The new Sombre Cuisses +1 have 1 more DEX than 119 AF legs, but I lose the 10 accuracy/attack. Still deciding on that one.
At a glance the Yetshila is completely useless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-11 09:15:00  
lhova said: »

Jukik Feather, you have a Dex aug'd Uk' cap don't you? Manibozho legs.

O yeah DERP
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-11 09:44:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

ItemSet 331466

At a glance the Yetshila is completely useless.

Yeah, better switch to a better WS ammo when you hit 1000tp :)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 10:04:15  

I would be devastated if they nerf Rudra's, the last couple of days have been some of my most enjoyable playing FFXI with the sheer damage output being ridiculous.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-11 10:12:10  
I think having an unstacked rudra set is probably pretty low priority if your using mandau already, @1k tp mercy stroke is better, and if your holding to 1750+ tp then sneak/trick will be up.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-11 10:17:03  

I would be devastated if they nerf Rudra's, the last couple of days have been some of my most enjoyable playing FFXI with the sheer damage output being ridiculous.

I aggre.

I still remember long ago, before adoulin, due to low playtime i had decided to make a Khandroma (because it was harder to make an empy at that time. After it was finished i was pretty disapointed with the old rudra. But it went for an only good stacked ws to best stacked ws and now overall best ws for thf.

Rudra, we walked a long way up till now...

And meh, they wont have balls to touch rudra, as none ever touched fudo for so long. its not like suddenly thf will become best dd, thf still lose to sam for ws frequency.

But i aggre that starting now, SE will need to fix things for others dds like mnk, war, drk. im used to use mnk and thf for my dual boxing grind, being mnk better than thf pre update, but now i think mnk is eating dirty for my thf. Mnk beats thf in white dmg, but thf attack faster and rudra destroys smite, so im expecting others fixes for others jobs. Nerfing rudra isnt a solution though.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-11 10:19:04  
What I want to try now is go out with trusts Joachim, Ulmia and Koru Moru and see if I can pull off a Evisceration > Rudra's > Rudra's

So curious about what type of damage that would pull off.
By lhova 2014-12-11 10:20:24  
i'm currently at work and can't get on but is the maint over and did they nerf RS?
By lhova 2014-12-11 10:27:10  
Pantafernando said: »

I aggre.

I still remember long ago, before adoulin, due to low playtime i had decided to make a Khandroma (because it was harder to make an empy at that time. After it was finished i was pretty disapointed with the old rudra. But it went for an only good stacked ws to best stacked ws and now overall best ws for thf.

Rudra, we walked a long way up till now...

And meh, they wont have balls to touch rudra, as none ever touched fudo for so long. its not like suddenly thf will become best dd, thf still lose to sam for ws frequency.

But i aggre that starting now, SE will need to fix things for others dds like mnk, war, drk. im used to use mnk and thf for my dual boxing grind, being mnk better than thf pre update, but now i think mnk is eating dirty for my thf. Mnk beats thf in white dmg, but thf attack faster and rudra destroys smite, so im expecting others fixes for others jobs. Nerfing rudra isnt a solution though.

I think War really really got robbed. I build a 99 Ukon for SE to gimp Ukko's Fury and JA that made War a kick *** DD. Now my 119 Ukon collects dust because Ukko's Fury sucks so much. SO yeah SE better not mess with RS because thief is the only job I still have fun on now.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-11 10:31:47  
I doubt there going to touch rudra, its pretty out of nature for them to care about anything being too strong or unbalanced now days. Also please don't get me started on WAR in this thread.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-11 10:34:33  
Rudra's is powerful, but I don't think it requires an emergency maintenance. It's not like the game is broken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 10:36:20  
Asura.Fiv said: »
I think having an unstacked rudra set is probably pretty low priority if your using mandau already, @1k tp mercy stroke is better, and if your holding to 1750+ tp then sneak/trick will be up.

It's really not. It depends on the target. Most of the time rudras is still better. Rarely going to spam 1k tp moves. Especially with march haste blah blah.

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Rudra's is powerful, but I don't think it requires an emergency maintenance. It's not like the game is broken.

it's not broken, it's SUPER broken. If I can do 20k Rudra's to HT NM's yeah, it's broken, Come on, be realistic.

Did headwind last night, landed a 22k Rudra 30k darkness on X. (D)
By Giaden 2014-12-11 10:44:36  
After doing Headwind light night, figure best to bring in two thfs and two plds. Probably take down each nm with a couple of Rudra's w/ SCs and not worry about bringing anything else.
~Edit: For most HT fights at that, long as they can survive a couple AoEs...
By Pantafernando 2014-12-11 10:45:59  
About using rudra or mercy as 1000tp ws, with moonshade, its like 1250 tp, and if its already determined to use rudra at 1000tp, can choose a dagger with +20 dmg (though sacrificing +40 attack).

Still would mainhand mandau be superior than vanir or izhiikoh with new rudra?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-11 10:50:13  
Mandau is for the white damage, which is a huge part of thf's DPS.

We swing 3-4x more than mnk/sam/drg/war and the +40 attack is vital.

Though, it's an argument of very minor details. The difference between using Mandau, vs Izii/Vanir/Ipetam is not as big as people pretend it is.

Just a guess, but as the FTP is so god damn high, that the base damage of the dagger, is mostly irrelevant. Making the Mandau's white damage superiority still best.

But not a ffximathwizard.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-11 10:50:59  
Giaden said: »
After doing Headwind light night, figure best to bring in two thfs and two plds. Probably take down each nm with a couple of Rudra's w/ SCs and not worry about bringing anything else.
~Edit: For most HT fights at that, long as they can survive a couple AoEs...

Ah, thats a great idea. Combo pld+thf, stacking rudras with trick attack to ws at 3000 would spike pld hate and make sure thf will never hld hate.

But skillchain is considered part of trick attack? I was wondering same thing to coronach skillchain, in case coronach sc, while coronach has static hate, would the sc generate the full hate?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 262 263 264