For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 262 263 264
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-05 15:03:40  
Everyone starts with TH at 0, THF starting at 3. From gear, you can only make use of +5 more. With the 119 hands, 2 more TH is needed from some combination of the knives, boots, and belt. Wearing 119 hands and Sandung is TH at 7, just 1 short of the gear cap.

Also, TH from the Treasure Hound Kupower is not part of this TH8 cap. Boosts from things like Ionis/Atma/Fields of Valor count towards the equipment cap I'm told.
By worstplayer 2014-11-05 15:09:58  
cool thx for info. I thought everyone starts at 1. but ty for clarification.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-11-07 16:23:19  
Update for Aeolian Edge set :3
ItemSet 330481
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 16:29:34  
Odin.Skjalf said: »
Update for Aeolian Edge set :3
ItemSet 330481

Not quite. Close, but not quite. Fenrir rings are bad, for everything. Except quickdraw.

And you got the wrong earring. Novio > Crematio. Also, it should be a Moonshade TP bonus, because that beats both.

The Back is also wrong. Argochamposa.

And the ammo is wrong, because you're likely using boomerang and cannot switch. Or Xbow.

As far as the weapons go, they're wrong as well. But, I can let that slide, since it's based upon situation.

You want JUST maximum AE damage? Tp bonus/Tp bonus 100% or Lev/tp bonus 200%
Most usage overtime? Atoyac/Mkris etc
Most Over-all damage? RME/Atoyac
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-11-08 15:28:06  
So when you're TAing DDs or Tanks, do they say "Get behind me, and stay tight"? Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
 Valefor.Vaeria
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-11-09 12:43:03  
Hi guys! Its me again.
Thief has become my main it seems so I want to put a lot more work into it.

This is my current set up:
ItemSet 328607

I'm still working on getting Skadi body (I keep screwing up and agroing a gear on the 4th floor of Bhaflau Remnants... Just need 35)
I plan on getting a patentia sash, and am wondering if its advised to get a Windbuffet +1 for Weaponskills. The attack/store tp isn't as good as windbuff+1 right?

-Note- I pretty much always am using Exenterator for ws.

Also, I plan on getting a Vellaunus' mantle +1 until I am able to do skirmish and get an augmented Uncanny. I'm wondering if its advised to ws in Vellaunus' mantle +1 or another cape. As you can see, I'm wsing in my Atheling mantle. I was told that double attack is super good to have in ws's so I'm wondering if that is also advised for THF. (Cause someone told me that for another job.)

Hopefully, these items will become available on the AH sometime soon. My server is small so not a lot of folks to sell things.

Thinking about working towards getting 200,000 plasm for Izhiikoh.
Trying to also farm Relic feet since I keep seeing those are best.

I'm sorry, for the long post and all the questions about gear. I understand most everything is about how a person plays. As I mentioned before, I typically just do old content, (dynamis, salvage, reives, macrocosmic orb fights, and every once in awhile I can get into a high tier battle field.)

Thanks guys for any advice, you guys are great and always knowledgeable!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-11-10 16:31:13  
You can actually swap out of boomerang to ammo without losing TP. You just lose the 5 tp you gained with AE when you swap back.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-11 11:32:54  
So I've returned to the game around 2 months ago and have been working on THF for old content (Dyna/Limbus/Salvage etc. ).

Here's the odd part: I play on Xbox and SE seems to have forgotten about Italian players, so I still haven't found a SoA expansion Disc..

However, aside from weapon upgrades (currently working on Vajra), I think I was able to get a decent setup for the content I do mainly these days.

Here's what I use:

TP (Plunderer's Vest +1 when I get some degree of buffs)

ItemSet 330460

Unstacked Evis

ItemSet 330553

Stacked Rudra's

ItemSet 330554

Aside from Bleating Mantle, are there any other major improvements I could make (other than finding a damn copy of SoA)? I could definitely improve the Ring/Earring for WS, but what else?

Thanks in advance :)
 Lakshmi.Veika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2014-11-16 00:23:33  
What are the best dagger duo for 119+ content outside of RME?
By Davorin 2014-11-16 02:57:19  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
You can actually swap out of boomerang to ammo without losing TP. You just lose the 5 tp you gained with AE when you swap back.

Unequipping the boomerang resets TP to 0.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-11-16 03:00:09  
Davorin said: »

Swapping an Ammo in will automatically dequip the boomerang, but It should not reset your TP since your switching ammo, which doesnt reset TP... (Though it would reset if you manually dequip the Boomerang).

I swear I had done/tested this at one point, it could have changed since then though.
[+]
By Davorin 2014-11-16 03:13:18  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Davorin said: »

Swapping an Ammo in will automatically dequip the boomerang, but It should not reset your TP since your switching ammo, which doesnt reset TP... (Though it would reset if you manually dequip the Boomerang).

I swear I had done/tested this at one point, it could have changed since then though.

Ah, I see. Just tried it myself. It works.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-17 04:33:43  
Lakshmi.Veika said: »

I'd say : Izhiikoh main / Leisilonu +2 with DMG+10 - DA2% / Critical augment subbed.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-17 14:56:17  
Lakshmi.Veika said: »
Izhiikoh is unquestionably the best non-RME dagger.

For offhand, it probably will depend on your buffs, gear, and what you're fighting. You have a few choices between Vanir Knife, Levante Dagger, Sabebus, Sandung, or well augmented Ipetam or Leisilonu +2. I just offhand Vanir and I'm very happy with the results, though I think I'd probably get more from other choices. Sandung is probably easiest to get but I think has the worst overall potential of these. I say worst, but it's probably not that far behind, depending on the WS you're using and how frequently you get TP.

If you're a career THF and planning on making a RME, I'd say offhand whatever 119 you can get until you complete your weapon, no need to invest heavily when that money could go into making your dream weapon.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-17 14:58:21  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I just offhand Vanir
Should swap Vanir to main if Izhiikoh is your other dagger!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-18 15:54:35  
Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
You can get dmg+10 and waltz potency/da/crit rate on leisonlu+2, making it a fast yet powerful option

Of course, that requires dumping stones into the awful random augment system in hopes of getting good augments. You MIGHT get lucky with good augments on your first couple tries, or you could blow many millions trying to get worthwhile augments (for a dagger that even with DMG+10 will still have less DMG than easily obtainable options like Sabebus or Sandung). Not to mention the hassle of needing to Skirmish for the base dagger and two upgrade KIs if you don't have it already and not have better things to upgrade to 119. I'm not a fan of wishing on the RNG for what's no better than a sidegrade or slightly worse to easily available 119 options.

Let's be clear, you should ALWAYS strive to use OAT Atoyac offhand regardless of main. Use Acc gear and food if you have to. If you really can't manage acceptable accuracy and need a 119 option (say, high level incursion, particularly evasive stuff like AAMR, some of the new Adoulin NMs), I'd recommend (assuming everyone can get Izhi at a minimum):

(1) Vanir/Izhi combo if you can get your hands on them both. If not (I get that Vanir is a pain of a drop), then...

(2)Izhi/Sabebus B. Path B (Acc+10/DEX+7/DMG+3) is the only one that makes sense, since the only time you'd want to use it over Atoyac is a situation where Acc is a major concern anyway. R15 is fairly affordable too, at today's prices on my server 6x Airlixir+2 run you ~2.4mil (400k/ea).

(3)Izhi/Sandung. Reasonable damage option which also also allows you to keep TH in your melee set for TH+ procs (say, TH8 in gear from trait/weapon/hands/belt, while still using ilvl feet). Sometimes that's a useful set when TH matters, and the dagger is easy to make and relatively inexpensive (currently well under 2mil for all materials on my server).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-18 18:23:05  
Anyone think of anything I'm missing/Improvable for a max mug set?
I'm probably missing one of the augmented pieces.

5% DEX 5% AGI, essentially total dex+agi/2

ItemSet 330741

This set has: 575/2 287.5 HP cured @ Mug 10/10

Mandau/Atoyac Added in will Heal 300 HP @ Mug
Relic head apparently does not increase HP stolen.
[+]
By Luthiene 2014-11-23 07:53:51  
So please enlighten me:

Facts:
- Maximum TH level of Base TH +8.
- There is a chance of upgrading TH levels from normal attack rounds that is inversely proportional to the difference between your current TH level in trait/gear and the monster's current TH level

Now taking this into account, if you wanted to cap TH, will using TH9/10 gear increase the chances to proc higher or is TH8 enough and anything more is useless?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-23 17:17:46  
Luthiene said: »
So please enlighten me:

Facts:
- Maximum TH level of Base TH +8.
- There is a chance of upgrading TH levels from normal attack rounds that is inversely proportional to the difference between your current TH level in trait/gear and the monster's current TH level

Now taking this into account, if you wanted to cap TH, will using TH9/10 gear increase the chances to proc higher or is TH8 enough and anything more is useless?

It's really up to you on how high you plan to take your TH level too. Each TH level increase your chances marginally.
By NeboJones 2014-11-23 19:25:41  
TH8 is the gear cap. Equipping gear beyond that level will not allow you to go over the cap, nor will it have any impact on your TH proc rate (Your TH level vs Mob TH level).

Ie: you're right - It's useless to add more gear past the cap for the purpose if increasing TH level.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-24 14:38:43  
Is there a way to math out the efficiency of Perfect Dodge's Magic Evasion bonus that can be obtained through Capacity Points?

I am still working on maxing SA, TA and Mug bonuses but was wondering whether tossing some capacity points into PD's Mag Eva was worth it later on (Steal and Larcery bonuses aren't that interesting to me).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-24 14:57:04  
Well, 2 things.

1, if you need to Perfect Dodge, you're probably dead regardless of how much magic EVA you have. I do have 10/10 PD JP I've yet to have a scenario where I needed it.

2, In the **near future, job traits will be enhanced by the number of job points spent, so essentially Square is forcing us to cap out. Aka they *** lied when they said JP was something BONUS and not REQUIRED (not surprised).

Only SA/TA and SORTA mug are indeed worth it. But yeah.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Evasion
Quote:
Adding 1 point of magic evasion on the target of the spell (monster or player) is equivalent to removing 1 point of magic accuracy on the caster.

1 point of elemental resistance is equivalent to 1 point of magic evasion for the specified element.

30 MEVA from 10/10 PD is like harboring 1 rune THF/RUN, pretty much worthless. Now, at 30/30... Semi respectable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-24 15:04:31  
Since when are job points(and by extension, merit points) REQUIRED to do anything in this game? Yes, they do improve your performance, but are they "required"? Not hardly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-24 15:06:04  
You know, not literally. But they're going to base things around having capped points. You know this is true.

Meaning, essentially, not literally that they are required.

Let's say for example, they wan to give (and this is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN): Triple attack rate improved by the amount of Job points spent.

That's pretty required in my eyes lol~ (terrible example, but square does some crazy ***.)

Quote:
This version contains "Gifts,"extra bonuses such as increased capacity gains and more for jobs depending on the number of job points spent in that job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-24 15:13:17  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Is there a way to math out the efficiency of Perfect Dodge's Magic Evasion bonus that can be obtained through Capacity Points?

I am still working on maxing SA, TA and Mug bonuses but was wondering whether tossing some capacity points into PD's Mag Eva was worth it later on (Steal and Larcery bonuses aren't that interesting to me).

If there was any job point worth maxing after SA/TA I would have to say it would be Larceny. But the only 1-hours worth having it for would be Hundred Fists or Mighty Strikes. But the instances at which I would get to steal them are so rare I haven't bothered. Not to mention, if you were going to go to the trouble og 10/10'ing Larceny, you might as well go to the trouble of making TP sets for Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes, and an Evisceration set for Mighty Strikes up.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-26 03:44:17  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45216-dev1242-Job-Adjustments?p=533178#post533178
Quote:
Weapon skills will undergo the following adjustments.
The potency of the following weapon skills will be increased.

Dancing Edge / Shark Bite / Evisceration / Mercy Stroke / Mordant Rime /
Pyrrhic Kleos / Rudra's Storm / Vorpal Blade / Savage Blade /
Knights of Round / Death Blossom / Expiacion / Rampage / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Decimation / Onslaught / Bora Axe / Ruinator / Blade: Jin /
Blade : Ku / Blade: Metsu / Blade: Kamu / Blade : Hi / Blade: Shun /
True Strike / Judgement / Hexastrike / Black Halo / Randgrith /
Realmrazer / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne

The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased.

Mandalic Stab / Rudra’s Storm / Savage Blade / Expiacion / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Blade: Ten / Judgement / Black Halo / Mystic Boon

Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade /
Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator /
Chant du Cygne
I'm already madly in love with Rudra's the month or so I've had it unlocked and now it's going to get stronger! o_O
By Pantafernando 2014-11-26 04:35:33  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45216-dev1242-Job-Adjustments?p=533178#post533178
Quote:
Weapon skills will undergo the following adjustments.
The potency of the following weapon skills will be increased.

Dancing Edge / Shark Bite / Evisceration / Mercy Stroke / Mordant Rime /
Pyrrhic Kleos / Rudra's Storm / Vorpal Blade / Savage Blade /
Knights of Round / Death Blossom / Expiacion / Rampage / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Decimation / Onslaught / Bora Axe / Ruinator / Blade: Jin /
Blade : Ku / Blade: Metsu / Blade: Kamu / Blade : Hi / Blade: Shun /
True Strike / Judgement / Hexastrike / Black Halo / Randgrith /
Realmrazer / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne

The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased.

Mandalic Stab / Rudra’s Storm / Savage Blade / Expiacion / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Blade: Ten / Judgement / Black Halo / Mystic Boon

Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade /
Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator /
Chant du Cygne
I'm already madly in love with Rudra's the month or so I've had it unlocked and now it's going to get stronger! o_O

Thats very interesting. They are trying to make one handed dds more competitive aparently. Im interested in mercy stroke bonus. I got currency enough to make it, just want a real reason to make the dagger.

About the third group, the bonuses applied to all ranks, what does mean "rank"? Does that mean "hits"? Iirc, the ftp bonus is just applied to first hit, so, does that mean all hits in a ws will have a ftp higher than 1?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-26 05:01:14  
This... is a mistake... It has to be a *** up. Rudra's right now is disgusting. Seriously. I would even say, that it's MORE broken than Fudo. Granted that SAM is BEYOND broken. Fudo is spamable. But 1:1 Rudra's is Jesus Christ Tier Already.

THF is going to be a god damn MONSTER if they increase Rudras AND improve Stroke, Evis and DE.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 262 263 264