Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 00:30:45  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
I thought since meteor didn't have an elemental affinity QD of any sort wouldn't give it a damage boost at all? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that~

Also, never heard of the hot shot thing either.

Yeah that's what I'm sayin. That's why I'm asking if I just got whoosed >_<. It doesn't make any sense, nor does the sushi thing but I just didn't quote it.

Yeah I was going to mention the sushi thing too but /shrug I don't see how sushi would help one job more than another due to backstory/lore lol
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-26 00:30:50  
Hot shot is the first Marksmanship WS you get lol

That sushi and QD and whatever the hell else didn't make sense to me either. I felt trolled. lol
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-01-26 00:31:39  
Regardless of whether or not you should have posted a second guide or taken your advise to the first one, if you really care about your guide, you should at least format it better. It takes too much effort to read, which ruins the point a guide to begin with. Try using tables to clean up the equipment sets portion. Shorten the length and get rid of the white space--this alone will make it easier to read.

Can also most certainly do without the gear for rolls. No one is going to read all of those--most of the gear is identical and obvious. Just list which gear affects (which) rolls.

On another note, this guide seems mostly based on personal opinions and not actual research or math, so I'd suggest that this guide is taken with a grain of salt or is for the more casual player. Something's off if the best Land Stand body you can think of is Kudzu Aketon, even if you don't know how to calculate WS damage. Based on this, I would go to Seha's guide for a more reliable source of equipment sets.

And lastly, I also second Austar in that it is written very unprofessionally, so don't be surprised that you are getting negative comments. It's quite condescending at times and littered with unnecessary commentary. When I read a guide, I'm looking for well-written information, not a muddle of childish insults scattered amongst over-exaggerated opinions and a few relevant points.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 00:34:24  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »

That sushi and QD and whatever the hell else didn't make sense to me either. I felt trolled. lol

By Hot Shot thing I meant the fact that it was "related to moon phase" lol, not the actual WS XD
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 00:36:05  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I thought since meteor didn't have an elemental affinity QD of any sort wouldn't give it a damage boost at all? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that~

Also, never heard of the hot shot thing either.

Yeah that's what I'm sayin. That's why I'm asking if I just got whoosed >_<. It doesn't make any sense, nor does the sushi thing but I just didn't quote it.

You got trolled pretty much, all of it is fabricated

I thought so, but I don't play cor often enough.. Hell some races and stuff have hidden effects on food so it as POSSIBLE, just not plausible lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-26 00:39:32  
The pending moderation thing is getting ridiculous already
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-26 00:39:37  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »

By Hot Shot thing I meant the fact that it was "related to moon phase" lol, not the actual WS XD
Oh.. well then.
FINE!
[+]
 Phoenix.Jettu
user: jettu
By Phoenix.Jettu 2013-01-26 00:47:40  
:D
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 00:56:07  
The pending moderation thing is getting ridiculous already
This post is pending moderation.
really... some of you are probably going to lose the ability to report anything after this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-01-26 01:19:06  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
really... some of you are probably going to lose the ability to report anything after this.

Indeed.

A bit ridiculous and very inconsiderate.

KNOCK IT OFF.

:3
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 01:22:56  
OP, something you might want to change... EVERY shot does not increase fire based dmg or WS by 20%... You just copy/pasted it and didn't proof-read and change the element type :(. Just sayin'. Plus you used the word "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" in your dark shot description. That could come off as offensive to some.
[+]
 Asura.Vishna
サーバ: Asura
user: Decadence
By Asura.Vishna 2013-01-26 01:22:59  
Giving feedback on a guide is one thing. Getting royally bootyhurt because somebody wanted to post a guide/information about a job on an open video game forum is kinda pointless.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-26 01:31:57  
OP, something you might want to change... EVERY shot does not increase fire based dmg or WS by 20%... You just copy/pasted it and didn't proof-read and change the element type :(. Just sayin'. Plus you used the word "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" in your dark shot description. That could come off as offensive to some.

fixed, ty
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 01:34:31  
and the OP is pending moderation again...
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-26 01:34:39  
You may also want to pick specific bulky sections to spoiler, to increase readability and browsability, but up to you.