Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
VIP
By alyria 2013-01-25 23:22:39  
Well I think it's dumb to be so bugged at something so little.. :/

Just move along if you don't like it. Offer suggestions or advice to help fix it if want. But arguing for this is pointless.

Anyways, back to topic please.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 23:25:28  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Aly Saxena said: »
It's fine to have another guide.

I used many guides on same jobs. It's not a big deal.
It's more because instead of making this long *** guide, he coulda just posted his views in the other one in less time and less effort. The people that generally go to these guides tend to take everything to heart and that could potentially lead to the spread of misinformation because some people have different "opinions." Example:

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
Joyeuse is a very nice off hand sword because of its acc atk twice. lovely bit of extra tp.
Why the ***are you DW on cor to start with?

Actually this guide might bear some fruit as I have a question as to why this is so. I know single wield joyeuse is faster, but why? Is it because there isn't enough innate DW from /dnc or /nin to make it worth while? What about if one add's a suppa to the TP set? Yes this is a serious question.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-01-25 23:27:58  
5.Sub Jobs

BLM – Offers 30 MAB via job traits. Shock Spikes. D2. I would only really use this SJ in abyssea to help out with Wildfire dmg if you don't have the fire weather gear or /sch.

RDM – Offers less MAB then BLM, but more utility. Refresh, pro, shell, other buffs and debuffs.

Not that I care really, but don't /rdm and /blm offer same matb trait?
[+]
 Phoenix.Aerolite
user: Daily
By Phoenix.Aerolite 2013-01-25 23:28:10  
EDIT: ^ Lithical beat me to it.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 23:29:59  
Phoenix.Lithical said: »

you are correct, a typo I will correct now.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 23:30:27  
5.Sub Jobs

BLM – Offers 30 MAB via job traits. Shock Spikes. D2. I would only really use this SJ in abyssea to help out with Wildfire dmg if you don't have the fire weather gear or /sch.

RDM – Offers less MAB then BLM, but more utility. Refresh, pro, shell, other buffs and debuffs.

Yes they do. Edit: I was beaten so very many times lol.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 23:40:53  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Actually this guide might bear some fruit as I have a question as to why this is so. I know single wield joyeuse is faster, but why? Is it because there isn't enough innate DW from /dnc or /nin to make it worth while? What about if one add's a suppa to the TP set? Yes this is a serious question.

/dnc and with a suppa comes to 20%. 15% from /dnc dual wield II 5% from suppa. Also I enjoy joy as off hand while having drain samba II up in dyna soloing, why this may seem like a very small and insignificant 10~ hp you are gaining. COR's arn't exactly stacking on the evasion or heavy armor, every tiny bit helps.

Also corsair does not have many weapon choices to do something like this, in fact we arn't on sword trials or I would have all of those done and use a lot of them. Using Joy off hand has worked well for me in the past, I am not saying you MUST use a joy toy in off hand if you are meleeing on cor, and also I am not stating my guide > all others. As I started in the beginning of it, I posted this on here because I was sent a lot of requests to post it and make it public.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 23:44:18  
That still didn't answer my question though sir :(. Why is single wield faster?
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-25 23:44:42  
5.Sub Jobs

Yes they do. Edit: I was beaten so very many times lol.

You still made a good point for Arma users. /BLU probably wouldn't be bad either if you don't have /SCH and an obi. Could set MAB trait and the rest in AGI+ spells.

Serious question, nothing against this guide I just also didn't understand why not suggesting, advising and discussing in Seha's but that's quite fine. Nothing wrong with having your own. So here is my question. Neither thread has a roll section for potency of rolls, some rolls are obvious like regen, refresh, regain. Does aanyone have the breakdown/formula on every other roll? There was quite a bit of it on wiki and then half of it was changed or removed and I never went back to check. Maybe I should of just gone back to check. I would love to /echo the number of the roll and potency in a spellcast or something for every roll. Like so "Chaos Roll Ⅰ(3%) Ⅱ(7%) Ⅲ(5%) Ⅳ(20%)" So on and so forth. Make sense?
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 23:49:14  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Nothing wrong with having your own. So here is my question. Neither thread has a roll section for potency of rolls, some rolls are obvious like regen, refresh, regain. Does aanyone have the breakdown/formula on every other roll? There was quite a bit of it on wiki and then half of it was changed or removed and I never went back to check. Maybe I should of just gone back to check. I would love to /echo the number of the roll and potency in a spellcast or something for every roll. Like so "Chaos Roll Ⅰ(3%) Ⅱ(7%) Ⅲ(5%) Ⅳ(20%)" So on and so forth. Make sense?

I do. I also have a link in the Rolls section that will show you a google doc with all the potency of all the rolls.

Chaos Roll*
DRK
4 / 8
Enhances attacks for party members within area of effect.
# - no drk ~ with drk
1 - 6% ~ 16%
2 - 8% ~ 18%
3. - 9% ~ 19%
4 - 25% ~ 35% (Lucky)
5 - 11% ~ 21%
6 - 13% ~ 23%
7 - 16% ~ 26%
8 - 3% ~ 13% (Unlucky)
9. - 17% ~ 27%
10 - 19% ~ 29%
11 - 31% ~ 41%
B - -10% ~ -10%

Feel free to copy this information and save it for your own use.

Phantom Roll Data

I am not sure, are you all not able to click this link in my post?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-25 23:51:21  
Maybe I missed it cause of my script. Let me temp enable all.

Edit: Yeah it shows now, my bad. I've been looking for this for a long time. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-25 23:52:11  
Kind of a bummer people's posts are getting nuked, they aren't being deliberately insulting to OP so I don't understand why their opinions aren't as valuable to mods as OP's. I don't personally care if OP's post exists (read the section on guns and that was enough to tell me what I needed to know, I imagine most serious players did the same), but I feel like people should have a right to point out the flaws in this guide and the disparity in quality between it and Seha's.

Not trying to cause a kerfuffle, just don't understand the logic behind the posts being nuked, didn't seem like rule-breaking or harassment.
[+]
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-01-25 23:58:20  
I found quite a few discrepancies that just made me cringe, not being an ***, but if you go through the time to make the guide, could you please get it right? <3
VIP
By alyria 2013-01-25 23:59:15  
What was said had nothing to point out in anything of giving advice, instead it was another *** post and nothing contributing. I already said to keep on topic...

If you don't like the guide, just keep on going. Why do you people have to fight on something so little..
[+]
By Jurges 2013-01-26 00:11:40  
If it needs to stay on topic, here are some things that were left out.

Moon phases affect the accuracy of Hot Shot. Only use it on Full Moon.

Charisma is an extremely overlooked attribute. If you have a strong build and use Light Shot when BLMs are casting Meteor, you will increase the damage by 30% as well place an amnesia affect on the mob.

Do to Corsairs historically living at sea, Sushi gives additional bonuses. These bonuses are still be tested, but it seem Urchin and Shrimp Sushi will give the largest bonuses to COR exclusive weapon skills.

/motorboat
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-26 00:16:57  
Jurges said: »

Charisma is an extremely overlooked attribute. If you have a strong build and use Light Shot when BLMs are casting Meteor, you will increase the damage by 30% as well place an amnesia affect on the mob.

Do to Corsairs historically living at sea, Sushi gives additional bonuses. These bonuses are still be tested, but it seem Urchin and Shrimp Sushi will give the largest bonuses to COR exclusive weapon skills.

/motorboat

*This* post is pending moderation? I'm so confused...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 00:17:55  
I had a legit question that wasn't answered :(. Can somebody please PM me the answer then? :(
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-01-26 00:18:56  
I had a legit question that wasn't answered :(. Can somebody please PM me the answer then? :(

He's in Dynamis right now. He'll answer you after word, I let him know you asked one.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 00:21:43  
Phoenix.Shiomi said: »

He's in Dynamis right now. He'll answer you after word, I let him know you asked one.

He responded to it in this thread but didn't answer it lol. It's fine. it's not the biggest of deals then >_<.
VIP
By alyria 2013-01-26 00:21:54  
It's pending moderation because you have 3+ reports on your posts.

You guys are done on this thread.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 00:26:45  
Jurges said: »

Did I just get whoosed or are these parts confirmed?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-26 00:27:26  
GG

Was good while it lasted.
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 00:28:19  
I thought since meteor didn't have an elemental affinity QD of any sort wouldn't give it a damage boost at all? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that~

Also, never heard of the hot shot thing either.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-26 00:28:57  
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
I thought since meteor didn't have an elemental affinity QD of any sort wouldn't give it a damage boost at all? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that~

Yeah that's what I'm sayin. That's why I'm asking if I just got whoosed >_<. It doesn't make any sense, nor does the sushi thing but I just didn't quote it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 00:29:19  
Best of luck to you Hapa, don't let the haters get to you or they'll eat you up :|

Writing should be an educational experience of what you know and what there is still left to learn. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for certain people to take part in this and offer up some of their own knowledge and experiences to help improve it without being so negative about it.

The OP obviously put a lot of work into writing this and putting it together, yet some of you find it to be so easy to trash their work. It really shouldn't matter if there are 1, 2, or 5 guides for the same topic. We should be encouraging others to open up and learn, not be negative and destructive shutting others down. This isn't about being the best, or the most accurate, it was simply him writing what he knows for others to read.

Some of you could really use a lesson in supporting others instead of breaking them down.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-26 00:30:33  
Phoenix.Icemn said: »

Yeah that's what I'm sayin. That's why I'm asking if I just got whoosed >_<. It doesn't make any sense, nor does the sushi thing but I just didn't quote it.

You got trolled pretty much, all of it is fabricated
[+]