フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-19 08:50:12  
Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
Fair enough LOL. I enjoy my Rag but it was my first relic ever so it is special to me I will be trying Raetic when I find a crafter on Sylph, it seems just eyeballing it will be very nice. Also about to look into Montente +1 a bit more too, I like to have my options like all good wars should :)

Raetic is like a Monte +1 on steroids, the only issue is your MP is gone after 20 attack rounds so either get a source of refresh (escha vorseals) or have the fight over with in 20 attack rounds. TBH Raetic for WAR outside of escha is meh because WAR's lack of natural MP makes the proc rate rather bad another other weapons might be a better fit for the situation. Once your over 500 max MP then you start really seeing the effects of it. It's become my go-to zerg weapon for Escha and outside I use Monte +1 because it is ~that~ awesome. +11 Store TP lets you pour on Multi-Attack until your swinging like crazy and +5 TA just adds fuel to the fire, single attacks become practically non-existent.

Current Monte +1 set is

3% QA
12% TA
94% DA
Average Attacks per round : 2.12

For those asking about the specific set I'm referencing.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/353033

ItemSet 353033

Augments on body are DA +5, back is DA +10, and it's over Store TP'd because I ran out of MA to pack on and TP overflow helps out Resolution anyway.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 09:07:55  
Flamma head +2/Flamma ring would be better than Hetaroi?
Guide front page shows Ainia collar. And with how much DA war naturally gets, is a stp cape worth making?

I asked the question before i went back and checked, which is my fault (i deleted the question). Either way, the set you posted above is much more attainable for me than the front page guide one (requires qa+3 on 3 valor pieces >_>)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-19 10:36:16  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Flamma head +2/Flamma ring would be better than Hetaroi?
Guide front page shows Ainia collar. And with how much DA war naturally gets, is a stp cape worth making?

It's open for tuning but with regards to MA vs Store TP, 1% DA is functionally the same as 1 Store TP for TP gain with DA also having the benefit of extra white damage making it slightly more valuable. 1% TA can be compared as 2% DA or 2 Store TP, 1% QA is 3% DA or 3 Store TP. Now these stop being absolutes when heavily stacked and Store TP is processed in steps (x-hits), but it's still a good rule of thumb to use when comparing things.

I stayed away from Ainia collar because Monte +1 already suffers from low accuracy and dropping it by 18 didn't seem like a good idea, I actually use Ainia in my Rag TP set.

A good way to check your MA rate vs TP rate is to figure out your average MA rate. Download this and put in your sets MA rate to get the final average attacks per round.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zv6C1D04LxwjEE_464C4_Hv9eYqtaezQKfCcfWafwZc/edit#gid=0

A 2.12 result is +112% attack rate per round, that would be the same as +112 Store TP for TP generation along with extra white damage (this is not insignificant). My set has 50 Store TP (Monte is stupid powerful for this reason) which is way over the 36 needed for Monte 5-hit. SAM's roll can give 96 ((40 + 10 + 28)*1.2) Store TP for a total of 146. Even at a 10 roll your looking at +62 ((24 + 28)*1.2) for 112 total. Both Store TP and Multi-Attack face the same diminishing returns so if your faced with choosing between them error on the side of Multi-Attack due to extra white damage from attack rounds and retaliation.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-12-19 10:43:34  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
The number people were looking at was as close to 1750 without going over, because fTP more than doubles going from 1000 -> 2000. Like, 8% stronger than just using two 1000 TP resolutions.

that's not true
I mean, the raw numbers are absolutely correct. it's like, a 8.7% improvement. But well...

...*** Fotia exists and I forgot about it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-19 11:27:50  
And let's not forget Gavialis Helm or Warcry Jesus power.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-12-19 19:13:25  
Ok another question, for those who use Chango or tried it. Would I be better off doing a 4 hit or 5 hit with alot of multi attack? 4 hit really takes away most of my DA/TA/QA stuff lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-20 05:13:37  
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Ok another question, for those who use Chango or tried it. Would I be better off doing a 4 hit or 5 hit with alot of multi attack? 4 hit really takes away most of my DA/TA/QA stuff lol.

5-hit then let SAM's roll bring you to a 4-hit with high MA.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2017-12-20 20:37:07  
Sorry for the noob questios here but returning player on a new account and the WS stats and gear has changed alot since last time i played.

for capping out war for generle DPS chango is the way i understand.
that mean i would need to use upheval merrited ws with its annoying VIT modifier ?

What are the generel most optimal ambuscade capes for upheavels nad uko furry?

Should i tottaly forget about uko's furry?

also considering im on vnm stage is it faster to get Akun up to 119 or get chango up to 119 stage.

im still needing to do wotg missions to move further on ROV
pretty much my missions status are pretty bad,
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-20 20:38:30  
if you're using chango, you don't need to merit upheaval. and for upheaval you'll want vit/acc/atk and wsd most of the time. and yeah, can pretty much forget about ukko's
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-20 20:51:35  
DaneBlood said: »
Sorry for the noob questios here but returning player on a new account and the WS stats and gear has changed alot since last time i played.

that mean i would need to use upheval merrited ws with its annoying VIT modifier ?

also considering im on vnm stage is it faster to get Akun up to 119 or get chango up to 119 stage.

For general dpsing it's GS + resolution. People talk about chango and upheaval for SC purposes.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-12-21 00:09:37  
DaneBlood said: »

Ukkos is pretty nice for job points/Skillchaining. It also closes double light.

You can solo Apex by just spamming Ukkos->Upheval->Ukkos.

Or with war cry up King's Justice-> Upheaval-> Ukkos

Or you can even do a 5 step..
Warcry Up:
KING'S JUSTICE > STEEL CYCLONE (DISTORTION) > UPHEAVAL (FUSION) > KING'S JUSTICE (LIGHT) > UKKO'S FURY (LIGHT [LVL.4])

Blood Rage/No Warcry up
UKKO'S FURY > STEEL CYCLONE (DISTORTION) > UPHEAVAL (FUSION) > UKKO'S FURY (LIGHT) > UKKO'S FURY (LIGHT [LVL.4])

Party set up is also another thing. There has been times I had to pair up with a BLU, and needed to use Ukkos for light damage. (If skillchains are heavily damaging)

Its worth swallowing your pride sometimes and being a team player. The weapon skill by itself is pretty weak.

Generally though Reso spam does a very nice amount of raw damage.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Rainemard 2017-12-21 11:23:28  
DirectX said: »
Why does it matter if warcry is up as to what ws you use for sc@
Warcry scales well for King's Justice, makes it much more damaging than Ukko's Fury. Blood Rage does nothing for King's Justice and nearly (if not completely) caps critrate for Ukko's Fury.
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-21 11:44:42  
DirectX said: »
Why does it matter if warcry is up as to what ws you use for sc@
Warcry Tp bonus
By TheBoat 2017-12-23 03:56:54  
YO! New to game. Anyone have a job point guide?
By geigei 2017-12-23 04:12:01  
TheBoat said: »
YO! New to game. Anyone have a job point guide?
Check Brady guide.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-23 04:39:13  
don't forget to /PLD to be the true WAR tank
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-23 10:23:20  
fillerbunny9 said: »

I know we joke about that ... yet I've actually tried /RUN and /PLD for Sword + Shield tanking and it was interesting...

What has this game come to...
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-12-24 11:24:40  
Unprecedented diversity outside of the highest difficulty content.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-12-24 17:21:38  
Asura.Saevel said: »

I know we joke about that ... yet I've actually tried /RUN and /PLD for Sword + Shield tanking and it was interesting...

Adapa Shield, Relic Gloves+3, Souveran Feet+1, and Thureous Earring should be 40% Block Rate o_O
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-24 17:35:28  
Feet and earring might not be worth it considering Retaliation exists, but Shield + Hands would be very potent in such a build. Could Savage Blade whenever TP is ready for solid damage, buff depending.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-24 17:38:03  
hands require defender up to get the block rate bonus, though.
By Afania 2017-12-24 17:39:16  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Adapa Shield, Relic Gloves+3, Souveran Feet+1, and Thureous Earring should be 40% Block Rate o_O

If I remember correctly you can get more block rate via DM.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-24 19:15:33  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
hands require defender up to get the block rate bonus, though.

Thats why you use both defender and berserk together.
By Sammeh 2017-12-24 22:20:34  
I literally have been playing w/ this today. Quite fun. Don't forget the Freydis for +3 and Arjuna Breeches for +3 more.
By Sammeh 2017-12-25 08:02:30  
Just showing a short sample block rate. Not against anything impressive but still fun again. (Note: I only have war gloves +2, not +3 yet)

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Darkvlade 2017-12-26 14:37:06  
Hola Sammeh, may I know the name of those addons or plugins on your screen, thanks in advance.
By Sammeh 2017-12-26 15:39:13  
Darkvlade said: »
Hola Sammeh, may I know the name of those addons or plugins on your screen, thanks in advance.

Which?

The gear one is called EquipViewer, Otherwise just normal timers plugin?
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-12-26 15:51:57  
You can save the icon from the AH page for the hands into the icons folder to fix it.
By zaxtiss 2017-12-26 16:52:02  
where you get the euipveiwer? i didnt see it on your github
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 224 225 226