The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 156 157 158
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-10 11:29:00  
That in order to be taken as cor dd in a party you only need to be known as a cor with the biggest gun in town(penile metaphor).
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 11:31:26  
Guess I'm just trying to have it both ways as I'm accustomed to for so long.

Meh.

Toss it on the pile of my obvious flaws. :p
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-10 11:46:14  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
I don't have much experience with Reisenjima NMs as I've only done a handful of the T1s, but they seemed mostly dark based or resistant. I'm much more content messing up Byrth's DNC SCs in those ones.

If you wanna have fun with Reisenjima T1, Golden Kist takes a lot of dark damage, 1 3000k TP leaden salute SC can take away 50%~60% of it's HP, thing dies in 10 sec with another BLM MB death.

Many other mobs are undead unfortunately :(
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-10 12:04:47  
and half of them resist magic altogether, and in my experiance with the ones that take magic damage people prefer a sch and blm setup.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-10 12:09:22  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
and half of them resist magic altogether, and in my experiance with the ones that take magic damage people prefer a sch and blm setup.

Let's do Golden Kist, Eight <3

CDC > Your Goldy LS > Tenebral Crush

Repeat!
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-10 12:16:34  
lol sure, tonight then.

if we can throw a geo n there it won't stand a chance.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-10 12:23:25  
lol sure, tonight then.

Don't die to zombie aura! :)
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-10 12:44:43  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
lol sure, tonight then.

Don't die to zombie aura! :)

hopefully it will be dead before us XD.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-11 05:24:14  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Get in Mage party. Don't have enough physical buffs to get TP to consistently unleash super Leaden.

Get in melee party. Where'd my super MAB buffs go?

#CORProblems

One way to get both buffs is to make "Magical Melee Party" with malaise/haste/precision(or acuman)/sam/hunter(or wizard) and fight NM that takes magical damage well. COR isn't the only job that can DD very well in magic melee party, Cloudsplitter WAR or BST can also DD in a setup like this. If you're in a situation that can setup skill chains, Ruinator > Leaden salute > darkness SC > thunder shot with reforge empy feet +1 > Cloudsplitter > double darkness SC can do a lot of damage.

If not setting up SC, 20k leaden salute back to back spam is still pretty powerful.
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-12-11 05:50:46  
I'm too poor and lazy to get a Death Penalty.
 Ragnarok.Mostro
user: krsnik
By Ragnarok.Mostro 2015-12-15 12:02:26  
Hello guys, can anyone post an updated corsair lua, plz?

Thanks ^^
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-15 12:10:03  
I saw another cor using a belt (forget name) with latent WSD +10% anyone know where to get and how it works?
 Ragnarok.Mostro
By Ragnarok.Mostro 2015-12-15 12:14:34  
Pretty sure was Fotia Belt , and it is made through Synergy craft. You need to get all element belts from abyssea to make it.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-12-15 12:19:41  
If i wanted to gear a cor mule just for rolls what gear would you guys recommend ?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-15 12:22:29  
Ragnarok.Mostro said: »
Pretty sure was Fotia Belt , and it is made through Synergy craft. You need to get all element belts from abyssea to make it.

so would that work for salute or wildfire?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 12:31:02  
Ragnarok.Mostro said: »

so would that work for salute or wildfire?

It works but don't use elemental belt/gorget for leaden/wf. It only adds 0.1 ftp like the old ones.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-15 12:35:24  
so when they say 10% WSD they mean .1 ftp?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-15 12:37:09  
Phoenix.Trinironnie said: »
If i wanted to gear a cor mule just for rolls what gear would you guys recommend ?
For rolls alone and nothing else you need the following:
Barataria ring (very important, it adds potency to the buffs)
Luzaf ring (it doubles the range from 8 yalms to 16, it's very useful)
Chasseur's gants +1 (increase duration of rolls)
Lanun tricorne +1 (enhance potency of pre 75 rolls)
Gunslinger's cape (with the right augment you can get a nice recast reduction on it)
Desultor tassets (you can augment them with pr recast, and I'd say pdt if this is the only use you'd make of them)
The other chasseur pieces depend on if you use the rolls they are associated with, but I'd recommend having them:
Frac (tactician's roll)
Bottes (allies roll)
Culottes (caster's roll)
Tricorne (blitzer's roll)

Remaining slots are best filled with dt gear to make rolling during battles less dangerous.
[+]
By Afania 2015-12-15 12:48:54  

It works but don't use elemental belt/gorget for leaden/wf. It only adds 0.1 ftp like the old ones.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2015-12-15 12:53:48  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Phoenix.Trinironnie said: »
For rolls alone and nothing else you need the following:
Barataria ring (very important, it adds potency to the buffs)
Luzaf ring (it doubles the range from 8 yalms to 16, it's very useful)
Chasseur's gants +1 (increase duration of rolls)
Lanun tricorne +1 (enhance potency of pre 75 rolls)
Gunslinger's cape (with the right augment you can get a nice recast reduction on it)
Desultor tassets (you can augment them with pr recast, and I'd say pdt if this is the only use you'd make of them)
The other chasseur pieces depend on if you use the rolls they are associated with, but I'd recommend having them:
Frac (tactician's roll)
Bottes (allies roll)
Culottes (caster's roll)
Tricorne (blitzer's roll)

Remaining slots are best filled with dt gear to make rolling during battles less dangerous.
Thank you :) !
By Ramyrez 2015-12-15 13:06:39  
Afania said: »

To be fair to him, it's really a very poorly worded piece of equipment.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-15 13:07:34  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Remaining slots are best filled with dt gear to make rolling during battles less dangerous your death less embarassing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 13:21:46  
Ramyrez said: »
Afania said: »

To be fair to him, it's really a very poorly worded piece of equipment.

I know my last post sound rude and I can understand why some people would use it because the text is misleading....but my first reply already mentioned what it does, then I'm asked to repeat the exact same thing again :X What else do you expect, besides copy and paste my first reply? :X
By Ramyrez 2015-12-15 13:29:58  
I'm just sayin' is all!
 Ragnarok.Mostro
By Ragnarok.Mostro 2015-12-16 17:40:47  
Hello again,

Anyone can please help me with an update lua for corsair please? Everything i see online is 6 month old or even more.

Thanks
 Cerberus.Midgitis
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-22 07:24:19  
Nothing has changed in 6 months or more besides the gear. The lua won't play the job for you. Get one of those, update the gear and you've got an updated one.
[+]
By aigulfe 2015-12-22 20:25:14  
Hoping someone here could help me figure out something. Was a COR main way back in the day, quit the game maybe 4 years ago and have been back on for a couple of months now. My question is about Chasseur's Bottes +1 and the set bonus on quick draws. I've been told the feet don't actually do the whole "25% second dmg for 10 seconds thing" I certainly haven't been able to get it to do that. In some CRs it sorta felt like QD > QD did that kind of damage but on escha - zitah mobs, nada. Also the triple dmg set bonus.. probably shot about 45 times without a single proc. Wondering if the fact I'm wearing 2 119 pieces and the other 3 at 109 or whether the proc rate is just that bad. My normal QD set does way more dmg and i'm just gonna stick with that unless I'm missing something? Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-23 12:58:09  
aigulfe said: »
Hoping someone here could help me figure out something. Was a COR main way back in the day, quit the game maybe 4 years ago and have been back on for a couple of months now. My question is about Chasseur's Bottes +1 and the set bonus on quick draws. I've been told the feet don't actually do the whole "25% second dmg for 10 seconds thing" I certainly haven't been able to get it to do that. In some CRs it sorta felt like QD > QD did that kind of damage but on escha - zitah mobs, nada. Also the triple dmg set bonus.. probably shot about 45 times without a single proc. Wondering if the fact I'm wearing 2 119 pieces and the other 3 at 109 or whether the proc rate is just that bad. My normal QD set does way more dmg and i'm just gonna stick with that unless I'm missing something? Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.

The feet does enhance damage, I've done fireshot(with feet)>WF or QD(with feet)>QD many times and I'm pretty sure it works....the catch is that IF someone else do magic or SC damage on it BEFORE you do your QD or WF, then the effect will be used and it'll be gone.

Say if you do QD with feet, and right before your next QD someone in pt diaed the mob, or WSed the mob and created light SC, by the time you do your next QD it'd be gone because the magic dmg from dia or SC used the QD dmg+ effect.

Or, you may not have enough magic acc so your QD was resisted.

As for the set bonus proc rate thing, I vaguely remember the original empy version tested years ago seems like 5%(?). Due to the lack of MAB hand/feet pieces back then, we do QD in 2/5 empy since we didn't have any other MAB hand/feet options at that time. I'm not sure if reforged version has better proc rate than the original empy. Since we have massive MAB in every other slots now, I'd say just play safe and QD in MAB gears until someone confirm the proc rate.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-23 13:43:34  
The feet does enhance damage, I've done fireshot(with feet)>WF or QD(with feet)>QD many times and I'm pretty sure it works....the catch is that IF someone else do magic or SC damage on it BEFORE you do your QD or WF, then the effect will be used and it'll be gone.

Say if you do QD with feet, and right before your next QD someone in pt diaed the mob, or WSed the mob and created light SC, by the time you do your next QD it'd be gone because the magic dmg from dia or SC used the QD dmg+ effect.

Or, you may not have enough magic acc so your QD was resisted.
Are you saying that the QD bonus is only good for the next elemental attack, and that the bonus effect can be flat-out resisted?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 13:53:18  
It does work sort of like a debuff rather than an enhancement. It's been seen resisted in the past.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 156 157 158