フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 156 157 158
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-05-07 23:40:08  
No known cap as far as I know. I know PLD stacks all the WSD% it has available for Atonement and each piece still increases its damage, so if there is a cap it's currently unreachable.
 Odin.Nogara
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-08 18:27:07  
Kooljack said: »
awesome to see so many post in the cor thread here actively going;

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM A REFRESH +1 AUGMENT ON DOOMSDAY?????

I've tried many times with leafdim on doomsday as the guide here on AH says doomsday can get it but I've not seen it and have seen a plethora of other stats not listed on the guide for that stone/weapon

Why would you want Refresh +1 on a Doomsday?

Sidenote, suprised to see how many on here are suggesting to do TP pieces first before focusing on your QD/WF/LS pieces.

I built my Taeon QD/WF/LS set first, then focused on my ranged set, I have TP sets for my THF and NIN, but don't see a scenario in which I would ever use it on Cor(other than JP party)....... I mean I leveled Cor to go pew pew, not to swing at ***with daggers lol, that's what THF is for.

On top of that, the TP pieces aren't going to do anything for you on end game mobs since you'll be sitting back going pew pew anyways, priority for anything that matters should not be TP for Cor.

If you want to be an effective melee on anything that actually matters, focus on QD/WF/LS and Ranged TP sets.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-08 18:45:56  
Except meleeing on COR is an exceptionally good way to DPS, and the majority of your ranged gear comes from reforged AF pieces. Yes, you can build good ranged Taeon pieces, but they will not be ahead of other options by much. On the other hand, melee taeon for COR is miles ahead of all other options and provides an enormous boost to damage. I agree that MAB pieces are very important, and am currently finishing up the last couple of mine, but they still don't provide the same substantial boost from AF pieces as a melee set does. In my opinion, it's all about the biggest bang for your buck right off the bat, and that goes to a melee set, hands down.

No, you won't be meleeing on some Vagary content, but most of the time people will just take mages there instead. Melee COR still excels in lots of content. Overall, having a good Taeon set for ranged, MAB, and melee are all important, I just place higher emphasis on melee.
[+]
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-08 19:15:09  
But as a Cor, you will ALWAYS use QD/WF/LS, you will not always use melee sets, so to tell new leveling Cors to focus on melee sets first doesn't make sense, especially when as I stated, anything that really does matter you'll be standing back.

And for a good Ranged Cor, to be effective your best ranged gear does not come from AF/Relic/Empy, it comes from Taeon, because Snapshot+10 and Racc or RACC/RATT on each piece won't get touched by Relic/AF/Empy, Taeon is FAR ahead, minus small situational pieces.

Overall, Taeon TP is the last set you should focus on, unless all you plan to do is JP party, or lower level stuff where Cor really isn't needed. For most end game stuff where Cor is used, you'll be standing back, and if you want to be effective, you'll be shooting. pew pew
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-08 19:33:05  
Shooting is actually niche. 90% of the time a cor should be meleeing.
[+]
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-08 19:48:25  
And this is why you have 100's of Cors running around not worth a ***, and can't do anything when it actually matters.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-08 20:36:37  
But meleeing for TP is superior to a ranged TP phase in any content where you are able to do so. I don't know where you're finding that melee is worse. I'm not disagreeing that good ranged and MAB sets are important, but if melee presents the better DPS, it's important to focus on it.

And I'm not sure how you think Taeon ranged set is so far superior to AF pieces. I'm not arguing that you can't make them better than AF pieces, but AF sets are more than viable for endgame content, including Vagary. And with consistent Flurry 2 (which you will be receiving in any content where a COR is expected to only shoot), the snapshot set listed in the OP is literally .5% away from the delay cap. An absolutely perfectly rolled Taeon set for ranged will be superior to a set consisting of primarily AF pieces, but it is not a game-changing necessity.

I will agree that MAB Taeon pieces, particularly head and hands, are very high priorities.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-09 08:34:35  
Odin.Nogara said: »
And this is why you have 100's of Cors running around not worth a ***, and can't do anything when it actually matters.

Says the guy who can only shoot for tp.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-05-09 10:10:17  
But as a Cor, you will ALWAYS use QD/WF/LS, you will not always use melee sets, so to tell new leveling Cors to focus on melee sets first doesn't make sense, especially when as I stated, anything that really does matter you'll be standing back.

And for a good Ranged Cor, to be effective your best ranged gear does not come from AF/Relic/Empy, it comes from Taeon, because Snapshot+10 and Racc or RACC/RATT on each piece won't get touched by Relic/AF/Empy, Taeon is FAR ahead, minus small situational pieces.

Overall, Taeon TP is the last set you should focus on, unless all you plan to do is JP party, or lower level stuff where Cor really isn't needed. For most end game stuff where Cor is used, you'll be standing back, and if you want to be effective, you'll be shooting. pew pew

No no and so much no shooting for tp is so slow and inefficient especially when you are getting marches.

Delve I cor/dnc and melee for tp using steps and haste samba when needed.
DMII I cor/nin and depending on the buffs and the party im in I will either shoot or melee.
AA ill cor/nin and melee.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-05-09 15:52:50  
Meleeing on Cor offers so much, especially with options like Requiescat ;p
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 16:33:48  
No, actually Requiescat matters very little. Thankfully you can use a ranged ws while meleeing for tp, which is in most cases the best way to cor whose biggest advantage is having powerful ws both for magical and physical damage.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-05-09 16:51:24  
i find it is actually very close to free when building for QD/WF/LS on cor whereas it does cost a few gil to properly build a decent mele set ... and it was actually fun outdding some mnks and others classes on cor while able to buff QD LS or last stand some mobs ... then again that's just my opinion so don't mind me ...
 Ragnarok.Ajuri
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ajuri 2015-05-09 17:19:42  
Kooljack said: »
awesome to see so many post in the cor thread here actively going;

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM A REFRESH +1 AUGMENT ON DOOMSDAY?????

I've tried many times with leafdim on doomsday as the guide here on AH says doomsday can get it but I've not seen it and have seen a plethora of other stats not listed on the guide for that stone/weapon

Why would you want Refresh +1 on a Doomsday?

Sidenote, suprised to see how many on here are suggesting to do TP pieces first before focusing on your QD/WF/LS pieces.

I built my Taeon QD/WF/LS set first, then focused on my ranged set, I have TP sets for my THF and NIN, but don't see a scenario in which I would ever use it on Cor(other than JP party)....... I mean I leveled Cor to go pew pew, not to swing at ***with daggers lol, that's what THF is for.

On top of that, the TP pieces aren't going to do anything for you on end game mobs since you'll be sitting back going pew pew anyways, priority for anything that matters should not be TP for Cor.

If you want to be an effective melee on anything that actually matters, focus on QD/WF/LS and Ranged TP sets.

You have actually no idea about the full potential from cor. A good melee cor can be top DD in every endgame content. One of the first goals should be a good melee tp set.
 Ragnarok.Ayx
user: Kahan
By Ragnarok.Ayx 2015-05-09 18:22:37  
Quote:
You have actually no idea about the full potential from cor. A good melee cor can be top DD in every endgame content. One of the first goals should be a good melee tp set.

Lie, other jobs like BLU THF SAM are alot ahead cor.
COR is tool-rolls only.
 Ragnarok.Ajuri
By Ragnarok.Ajuri 2015-05-09 18:25:36  
says my best cor mate go home your drunk!
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-09 18:32:26  
A good melee COR can be top DD in a lot of content depending on gear and other jobs involved. No, you're not going to beat comparably-geared top DPS jobs (unless they're unskilled), but you can easily hold your own.

COR is far far far more than just a buffer.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 18:33:41  
Ragnarok.Ayx said: »
COR is tool-rolls only.
Please get out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ayx
user: Kahan
By Ragnarok.Ayx 2015-05-09 18:41:17  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
A good melee COR can be top DD in a lot of content depending on gear and other jobs involved. No, you're not going to beat comparably-geared top DPS jobs (unless they're unskilled), but you can easily hold your own.

Totally agree; don't bandwagon CORs doesn't worth the effort spent into.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-09 22:46:04  

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-09 23:39:12  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

stop talking...
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-09 23:53:01  
anyways...
i find it very surprising how many people don't know what cor does, i was in forret delve the other day cor/dnc asking for haste and the whm was telling me "why did you sub dnc? best sub for cor is whm"...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-12 07:29:17  
Quote:
Corsair
-New Job Ability (Crooked Card - Increase Roll Effect)
-Geomancer Roll (Increase Enhancing Magic Duration)
-Rune Fencer Roll (Increase Magic Evasion)
-Ninja's Roll buff

Crooked Card sounds great!
Geo roll I guess it's ok to bump pre-fight buffs a bit higher..
Run roll it's another one of those supersituational buffs we'll likely never use.
Nin roll...I can't find *** to give.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-12 15:06:53  
Wonder if Crooked Card is just a per-roll buff or maybe the 3rd roll we've been promised for 5 years now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-12 15:19:37  
It's written right there.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-12 16:09:08  
RUN roll seems pretty useful. GEO using Vex/Attunement combo is very practical in a variety of situations.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-05-13 18:37:56  
heya seha. I just wanted to notice you that the ighwa trousers cannot be augmented (they're 119 pants dropped from a delve boss)since you mentionned them in the guide as an alternative( as a downgrade to the mele set).Still an awesome guide keep it up pwease.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 156 157 158