フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair 101 - Gear sets, Atmas, Atmacites
Corsair 101 - Gear sets, Atmas, Atmacites
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Chelney
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2012-03-27 19:30:04  
My gear currently (altho Id like to update my gear a bit since lots of new stuff just came out/not drop for me in VW ; ;)

Last Stand

Quick Draw

Range Acc (assuming not tp build)

Wildfire

Couple of these items are out of date for me now but thats close enough.

When i /sam I swap out a couple pieces to get me to 25tp a shot. Other than that not much. I dont have more sets cause I dont have any more space in my macro pallets for more xD but I do alright ^_^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2012-03-27 19:58:04  
not really. Havent messed around with Last Stand enough to find out all the best gear. Just threw it on there cause it had agi and rng att haha.

I use 3 macro gear swaps with my macro pallets. and the middle of the 3 is a shared one for WF AND LS. So It swaps to that for both ws's. If I had more macro space I could give each one 2 spots

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2012-03-27 20:12:20  
Ive never used windower macros and such. With 5/5 on QD its at 600-1800(on proc) and Moonshade is Regain+Attack (just for the tp gain) Dont find the TP bonus worth it since the modifier on WF doesnt change from 100%-300%. (and for LS im useing the AGI+8 duo earrings)

edit: as for the gorgets/belts, from what Ive tested (in VW) They do a much better job for inc in damage then anything else I've tried.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-27 20:39:18  
Sylph.Agentblade said: »
Asura.Fondue said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10418/seiokona-beret

this beret, "Magic Attack" is different than magic attack bonus ya? is it better or worse than pandinus

Maybe just a typo! Still a good question though.

Back to this I found the thing I remembered from years ago with "Magic Attack"

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19235/veuglaire

also another new item with "Magic Attack"

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10549/opima-cuffs

so which is better~!
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-27 20:41:16  
same stat, just worded differently.
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2012-03-27 20:45:41  
Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Shiva.Chelney said: »
Ive never used windower macros and such. With 5/5 on QD its at 600-1800(on proc) and Moonshade is Regain+Attack (just for the tp gain) Dont find the TP bonus worth it since the modifier on WF doesnt change from 100%-300%. (and for LS im useing the AGI+8 duo earrings)

edit: as for the gorgets/belts, from what Ive tested (in VW) They do a much better job for inc in damage then anything else I've tried.

Do you choose not to use Windower or...?

Moonshade with TP Bonus modifies many weapon skills, including Last Stand. Which is why unless you have MNK or something, Regain is pretty lousy.

Also, tested or you put them on for one WS (eyeballed) and then you put on two different pieces and WSed again?

edit: and no, 5/5 QD is terrible. If your excuse is 'lack of macro space' then just say that. Don't try to justify 5/5 QD by eyeballing more data and saying it's better

I did make the Moonshade for Mnk. Ive WSed with gorgets and without gorgets for over a month each. Gorget definitely better. As for QD. Since I'm dealing more damage with 5/5 than with the few pieces id have to replace it, I use it. Didnt say anything about my gear sets being best. Just showing what I use like the person asked. (fyi Never eyeballed. tested with Kparser ^^)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-28 03:20:24  
Actually op wants to know optimal sets...ele gorget/belt is terrible for Wildfire and full empy is horrifying. Please take a look at all of the sets posted on the previous page, there's lots of stuff you can improve without even having to pray the VW gods.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-28 05:28:17  
Asura.Fondue said: »
so which is better~!
Pandinus. Agi+6 is a lot better than macc+6, and str and mnd are irrelevant for WF, so should be no contest.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-28 06:12:11  
Back to OP's question about most optimal gear set

New nyzul F100 gear reported to have +10 stats if you put 4 pieces together, if that's the case.....

This set should be currently strongest WF set?(unless I'm missing something)

Karin Obi/Artemis' medal depending on situation.

Same apply for Last Stand set

EDIT: Changed grip to elders since it also benefits QD.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-28 06:26:11  
Oh, awesome. What about Aquiline belt to balance more towards mab with that setup? It's a lot of agi!
There's also the Elder grip if you like which is nice, but heh, it's quite rare too @_@
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-28 07:27:48  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Oh, awesome. What about Aquiline belt to balance more towards mab with that setup? It's a lot of agi! There's also the Elder grip if you like which is nice, but heh, it's quite rare too @_@

Probably situational, as all things are anymore, but by and large the all AGI thing should work out better. For the most part -- or, looking at it, I think entirely -- you are not swapping any of the MAB slots out for AGI from the "old" optimal sets to the "new."

You're just putting MORE AGI in those slots where you already had it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-28 07:35:56  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Same apply for Last Stand set
Yeah looks great like this. Only thing I'd change is the ears slots, I think Moonshade and agi+4 earring would be better than those two.

Also I think obtaining the Thaumas gear might be easy now with the new update to Nyzul :o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-28 07:38:19  
Well, not EASY, just actually possible within a rather reasonable timeframe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lillybabe
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2012-03-28 12:21:53  
what is the next appropriate body to use for QD if you don't have Mirke =(
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-28 12:24:14  
Tessera Saio appears to be what you'd want to use now, really. Anything with MAB on it, really.

Maybe the AF3+2 for the set bonus depending on if you're using other AF3+2. I know Sylow did some math at one point and depending how you gear up the set bonus can be better over time than we've given it credit for being, but I'm not entierly clear on the specifics.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-28 18:25:26  
Tried to put together possible(?) current most optimal sets to answer OP's question.

DD sets:

JA Macros:

Defensive sets:

Last but not least...
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-29 03:27:10  
For ranged TP I'd gear towards Store TP, I mean I know we tend to have some funky regain going on, but still it's not like our white damage is so outstanding(triple shot aside), I think aiming for max tp gain can be more beneficial.

Quote:
Can't seem to get 50% PDT- without swapping out weapons =( Maybe missing some augment stuff........Desultor's tasset can get 1% extra PDT- augment.
I think 48% is the highest we can get...but good luck even getting a D ring c.c

I really don't have the space for a melee set x_x it would be fun to use on things like Nyzul, but eh, I have thf so I'll pass on that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-30 07:45:15  
So uh...kind of silly but I have something to ask!
Can you help me make a list of which VW mobs are better to hit with WF and which with Last Stand? I often tend to forget, maybe others too, so it might be useful...especially with subjob selection.
Wildfire sucks on things with high magic resistance.
Last Stand sucks on things with high pdt or insane evasion(hello Lancing Lamorak).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-30 08:31:29  
So uh...kind of silly but I have something to ask! Can you help me make a list of which VW mobs are better to hit with WF and which with Last Stand? I often tend to forget, maybe others too, so it might be useful...especially with subjob selection. Wildfire sucks on things with high magic resistance. Last Stand sucks on things with high pdt or insane evasion(hello Lancing Lamorak).

A list would be a great idea. Most of the time I open up with a Wildfire, see if it sucks, and switch as needed. But couldn't hurt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Verina
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-03-30 10:38:37  
Afania: Why Khepri Jacket over Tesseria Saio for Last Stand? Is it purely for the R Acc?

13 str/agi/r atk vs 15 str/agi/r acc.

I guess it comes down to just being more accurate, which makes sense as I type it out. Idunno...

Edit: And is it possible to solo WoE 11? I keep missing the one pair of alruna's gloves that comes up on AH once every week or so.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-30 10:46:13  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
So uh...kind of silly but I have something to ask! Can you help me make a list of which VW mobs are better to hit with WF and which with Last Stand? I often tend to forget, maybe others too, so it might be useful...especially with subjob selection. Wildfire sucks on things with high magic resistance. Last Stand sucks on things with high pdt or insane evasion(hello Lancing Lamorak).

A list would be a great idea. Most of the time I open up with a Wildfire, see if it sucks, and switch as needed. But couldn't hurt.

Yeah, it's more of a "Which VWNMs does Wildfire suck on" because for the most part, you don't want to use Last Stand unless you have to (expensive).

Wildfire Sucks On

Fjalar
Pil (sort of, it does OK damage, but Last Stand does better ... probably because pil has high int and MDB+40...but not really worth the Orichalcum imo)
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-30 12:37:18  
Can you help me make a list of which VW mobs are better to hit with WF and which with Last Stand? I often tend to forget, maybe others too, so it might be useful...especially with subjob selection.
Last Stand sucks on things with high pdt or insane evasion(hello Lancing Lamorak).

We did Aht Urgan Dimgruzub last night and may i say he is way too weak to WF and darkness. WF was spiking for 50K and darkness for 80K. WF was holding steady for around 25K.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-30 12:55:53  
Gotta love qutrubs lol.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-31 01:49:26  
Carbuncle.Verina said: »
Afania: Why Khepri Jacket over Tesseria Saio for Last Stand? Is it purely for the R Acc?

13 str/agi/r atk vs 15 str/agi/r acc.

I guess it comes down to just being more accurate, which makes sense as I type it out. Idunno...

Edit: And is it possible to solo WoE 11? I keep missing the one pair of alruna's gloves that comes up on AH once every week or so.

It may be depend on the mob but rattk doesn't seems to add much more dmg with all the attack buffs from BRD/food/chaos/SJ WAR/temps, with enough attack buffs it may not be as good as STR and AGI, racc is also nice in VW(since the set I posted has 4/5 nyzul gear and little racc in other slot). Probably need to test and try both if I ever have both bodies ._.

WF sucked very much on:
Rw Nw Prt M Hrw
Qilin
Fjalar
Ildebrann

Good on:
B.rex
Hahava type mob
Kalasutrax
Smierc
Stachysaurus

Kinda not so good but still acceptable:
Ig-Alima
Pil
Lancing Lamorak
Kaggen type mobs

A fully buffed Last Stand is usually stronger than WF though, unless on B.rex or high evasion mob.
[+]
 Valefor.Whitetiger
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2012-04-11 13:56:07  
This might be a dumb question but I've been told Marksmanship has no effect what-so-ever on Quick Draw Accuracy.

Can anyone find the BlueGartr forum for the testing for this? I've come up blank for awhile now?
 Valefor.Seraa
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Seraa 2012-04-11 15:14:14  
Marksmanship does NOT affect QD's damage or accuracy.

Another quick question though. I do not have an augmented W.Head for QD so would Pandinus Beret or AF1 win for damage?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7