フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair 101 - Gear sets, Atmas, Atmacites
Corsair 101 - Gear sets, Atmas, Atmacites
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Hades.Tripster
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-25 06:24:58  
Hello everyone. I'm an old Corsair looking for advice. Ever since the level cap my COR has been retired, I've never touched it anymore. I also neglected information about it for a long time. Well, recently I decided to give it a shot again because of Voidwatch, and farmed an Armaggedon.

What I'm looking for is basicly a COR 101: which are the current optimal sets, atmas and atmacites for Voidwatch, taking in consideration Armageddon? I have the possibility to get an ACP body (done the addon years ago but never got the reward), if it's still good for any set on COR.

Would someone be kind enough to give this lesson to me? Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-25 06:39:06  
Too lazy to make the cool grids:

QD

Wildfire

Last Stand

Atmacites: Slayer/Discipline should be the best combo.

Other than that the best rolls you can use for yourself are Miser/Wizard for WF and Miser/Chaos for Last Stand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-25 07:00:26  
Also no reason to waste Orichalcum bullets on Wildfire! :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-25 07:01:48  
Dat mab+2 is leet.
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-26 17:07:30  
Here are the gear sets I am using atm. Some are pretty optimal and some needs improvments, but it is a start for what you sould be looking for.

Wildfire

Last Stand

Leaden Salute

VW WS Proc Set

QD Set

QD TP Set

Melee TP Set

Ratt/Racc Set

Voidwatch Atmacites: Slayer/Discipline
lolAby Atma's: Smoldering Sky / Lone Wolf / Hells Guardian
lolAby Brew Atma's: Smoldering Sky / Lone Wolf / Griffon's Claw

Rolls: I find with most roll combinations depends on party set up, Mobs Defense/resist rate, Situational and personnel Pref.
Tact/Misers (Before Nerf on Misers) has become a staple for rolls in DD party.
Tact/Chaos will prolly become the new staple after Todays update and is pretty slick for Last Stand spam.
Miser or Tact/Wizards is great for WF spam.
Wizards/Warlocks with a throw in of evokers when needed for Mage/Blm party. Keep wizards up and over write Warlocks.
Most other roll combinations are normally situational and should never be overlooked or surpassed by the norm. Such as when i did PW i found myself using dancers/chaos for DD party and evokers/wizards for mage with healers thrown in when needed.

Roll Gear: AF3+2 for appropriate rolls and AF2+2 for JA/Rolls. Luzaf's Ring and Roller's Ring also help, especially in VW. Macro those in for a good boost to your preformance and buffs.

Merits: I wanna say this first and formost, Merit to your playstyle. Some merits are a given, but others are based on your playstyle. I went 5/5 QD recast and 5/5 PR recast for group 1. Group 2 I went 5/5 Snake Eye, 3/5 Fold and 2/5 Loaded Deck. Most cors will agree 2 in Loaded Deck works better and with AF2+2 body augmented it works even better. With all the updates and changes to cor and the rolling system, Winning Streak is also worth meriting pending on your playstyle.

As for your question on ACP body, Mirke is still the best QD piece you can get. Add that with augmented bloodmask for an extra -5 seconds on recast.

Last but not least, make it look good. There is by far to many aby burned cors out there pew pew'n with Arma and no clue how to roll / roll rotate and gear properly for the situation at hand. Make the Pro/Leet Cors proud and rock the job with pride :p

If you need anymore advice, just ask! I can name 2 Cors that post on here that know what they are talking about. Afania and Sehachan have helped me plenty of times, know the job and the mechanics. Afania does alot of testing and his Gear sets are pretty Pro, you should check them out. All in all i hoped this helped and gets you on your way to more PEW PEW.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 03:43:56  
Tactician's roll is actually situational(isn't it everything?), very good to use pre-fight or if you're rolling for ranged attackers(regain certainly helps with the rather slow dps), or if for some reason dds are off the mob and only run in to ws.
Example: when my group started VW and we didn't have fanatic drinks we were using the good 'ol strategy of pally onry on mob and dds going in only for proc/zergfest. In that case regain was the best I could use. But in a scenario where everyone is actually hitting their thing chaos/miser can't be beaten...although miser is debatable with the new update(you'd need all dds to have discipline atmacite, it's quite unpractical)so it may be replaced by either Rogue or Fighter's roll, depending on the dds at your disposal.

Edit: also damn, forgot about mirador trousers.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 04:40:46  
New update just gave us a new best ws piece!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-27 04:44:34  
not sure why everyone having discipline is impractical - they should already have had it
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 04:45:50  
Because now with how save tp works you only make use of it when stacked in high quantity, which means if you're missing either the atma or the cor the other becomes not worth the slot.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-27 04:49:11  
that doesn't really change what I said though, if you're doing VW you should have discipline and you should have a COR, nothing changes

If you're not in VW, then the atmacite isn't relevant and neither is misers roll.

All I see is a change for a non lazy COR to have to do a 4 roll rotation to maximize his damage for WF, or Chaos/Tact/Hunters situation dependent for Last Stand
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 04:51:49  
Hunter? Only thing I've had problems shooting was Lancing Lamorak...screw that thing.

Anyway I'm usually the only cor in the alliance, so not all dds have a cor :c
By Fupafighters 2012-03-27 05:19:28  
Cor is gonna take over Legion haha :D
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-27 07:39:02  
I have just stayed up all night, but I'm in WoE atm trying to skillup marksmanship and I just busted a roll and it left me with no bust(effect) just left me with my 1 other roll up

what caused this?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-27 07:49:40  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I have just stayed up all night, but I'm in WoE atm trying to skillup marksmanship and I just busted a roll and it left me with no bust(effect) just left me with my 1 other roll up what caused this?

You had an XI up, most likely.

When you have an XI up you do not receive bust effects from the secondary roll if you bust and your phantom roll recast is lowered to 30 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-27 07:56:26  
oh nice :o I quit playing cor when they were doing those XI updates and I didnt see anything on the wiki Bust(status effect) page, good to know!
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-27 08:53:34  
Sylph.Agentblade said: »
Here are the gear sets I am using atm. Some are pretty optimal and some needs improvments, but it is a start for what you sould be looking for.

Voidwatch Atmacites: Slayer/Discipline
lolAby Atma's: Smoldering Sky / Lone Wolf / Hells Guardian
lolAby Brew Atma's: Smoldering Sky / Lone Wolf / Griffon's Claw

Rolls: I find with most roll combinations depends on party set up, Mobs Defense/resist rate, Situational and personnel Pref.
Tact/Misers (Before Nerf on Misers) has become a staple for rolls in DD party.
Tact/Chaos will prolly become the new staple after Todays update and is pretty slick for Last Stand spam.
Miser or Tact/Wizards is great for WF spam.
Wizards/Warlocks with a throw in of evokers when needed for Mage/Blm party. Keep wizards up and over write Warlocks.
Most other roll combinations are normally situational and should never be overlooked or surpassed by the norm. Such as when i did PW i found myself using dancers/chaos for DD party and evokers/wizards for mage with healers thrown in when needed.

Roll Gear: AF3+2 for appropriate rolls and AF2+2 for JA/Rolls. Luzaf's Ring and Roller's Ring also help, especially in VW. Macro those in for a good boost to your preformance and buffs.

Merits: I wanna say this first and formost, Merit to your playstyle. Some merits are a given, but others are based on your playstyle. I went 5/5 QD recast and 5/5 PR recast for group 1. Group 2 I went 5/5 Snake Eye, 3/5 Fold and 2/5 Loaded Deck. Most cors will agree 2 in Loaded Deck works better and with AF2+2 body augmented it works even better. With all the updates and changes to cor and the rolling system, Winning Streak is also worth meriting pending on your playstyle.

As for your question on ACP body, Mirke is still the best QD piece you can get. Add that with augmented bloodmask for an extra -5 seconds on recast.

Last but not least, make it look good. There is by far to many aby burned cors out there pew pew'n with Arma and no clue how to roll / roll rotate and gear properly for the situation at hand. Make the Pro/Leet Cors proud and rock the job with pride :p

If you need anymore advice, just ask! I can name 2 Cors that post on here that know what they are talking about. Afania and Sehachan have helped me plenty of times, know the job and the mechanics. Afania does alot of testing and his Gear sets are pretty Pro, you should check them out. All in all i hoped this helped and gets you on your way to more PEW PEW.

Awwww Agentblade you made me want to hide DDDDDDD;

Besides those sets you can also add a snapshot precast set for VW with snapshot pieces like impulse belt, Navarch mantle, Skopos jerkin, alruna/relic+2 or augmented w hands(not sure the snapshot value of those pieces though), now that save TP is nerfed have to shoot a LOT more XD

Also I found it sometimes useful to fit in a few dmg taken- pieces for VW in your PR macro, for slots like 2nd ring/earring/back/neck etc where PR isn't affected. Mostly cuz NMs sometimes take longer to die if ***happen/bad proc etc and have to rebuff mid-fight, with DDs running all over the place sometimes need to position myself in the AoE range to buff everyone.

Not sure if COR is your VW(or maybe legion) only job or not, if you plan to use COR outside of VW for low manning stuff or easier content, an evasion set and Exenterator set can also be useful to have.

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
New update just gave us a new best ws piece!

Khepri Jacket can be a decent alternative for last stand depending on the attack buff you have and racc need, Tessera-saio is inv saver though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-27 08:56:26  
oh nice :o I quit playing cor when they were doing those XI updates and I didnt see anything on the wiki Bust(status effect) page, good to know!

I like it far more than the original XI enhancement they put in where if you rolled an XI it couldn't be overwritten and it lasted longer. You had to specifically fold any mage roll you put up and hit XI if you wanted to then put DD rolls on yourself, etc, etc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 09:00:24  
I always idle in pdt-mdt-dt gear! As in between actions I always come back to that gear~ (go spellcast) I'm still working on it but a good set that comes to mind:
Darkstell harness+1
Fugacity beret
Melaco mittens
Wiglen gorget/Twilight torque
Mollusca mantle
Colossus earring
Dark rings
Flume belt
Desultor tassets
And now the new Khepri gamashes!

I have to say these stuff is quite useful since cor has paper defense D: hurts on inventory though!
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-27 09:02:59  
I always idle in pdt-mdt-dt gear! As in between actions I always come back to that gear~ (go spellcast) I'm still working on it but a good set that comes to mind:
Darkstell harness+1
Fugacity beret
Melaco mittens
Wiglen gorget/Twilight torque
Mollusca mantle
Colossus earring
Dark rings
Flume belt
Desultor tassets
And now the new Khepri gamashes!

I have to say these stuff is quite useful since cor has paper defense D: hurts on inventory though!

Mollusca mantle has movement speed down can't idle ;(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 09:03:47  
Hey it's not like you have to kite during VW!
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-27 09:07:57  
Hey it's not like you have to kite during VW!

I thought idle set = set you move around with ;0
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 09:09:45  
Naw, I take off the cape and put on bloody pants for running places, it's just the gearset I came back to after every shooting/blasting/pewpewing~
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-27 09:41:41  
My Corsair defense set:

Shadow Ring, Shadow Mantle and a Faith Torque because I'm sayin’ a prayer that they proc (also it ensures I'm not wearing my Rancor Collar).

My inventory does not permit for a full-on defense set for Corsair.

I sit 77/80 already and need to take items out of Voidwatch chests one at a time and chuck them in the mogsack.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-27 09:44:21  
Oh I forgot about shadow gear!
Maybe cause I never fight D Lord <.<
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 15:26:06  
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Awwww Agentblade you made me want to hide DDDDDDD;

Do what i can :p
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 16:19:27  
I am pretty pressed for inventory also, 72/80 and i use no -pdt or -mdb set. There has been plenty of times I needed it also, too bad for the lack of space atm.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-27 16:29:56  
I am pretty pressed for inventory also, 72/80 and i use no -pdt or -mdb set. There has been plenty of times I needed it also, too bad for the lack of space atm.

Legion may change this in days to come, but the only place I'm regularly going to pull hate is some VWNMs where melees are weak and Wildfire spam tears faces off (Rex comes to mind). Otherwise if I'm getting hit by anything big enough to pull out a full PDT/MDT set, something has gone seriously wrong anyhow.

It's just not worth trying to cram into my inventory most of the time.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 16:34:15  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Otherwise if I'm getting hit by anything big enough to pull out a full PDT/MDT set, something has gone seriously wrong anyhow.

I hear ya there, but you know it happens lol
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-27 19:03:42  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10418/seiokona-beret

this beret, "Magic Attack" is different than magic attack bonus ya? is it better or worse than pandinus
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 19:10:02  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10418/seiokona-beret

this beret, "Magic Attack" is different than magic attack bonus ya? is it better or worse than pandinus

Maybe just a typo! Still a good question though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7