All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)
All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-26 09:00:02  
Tarutaru is already a beastman race.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 09:20:48  
I think a rewarding PvP would be a very nice addition. Even adding existing items as rewards to winning teams in ballista would be cool.(Or possibly using ballista points and exchanging them)
Though knowing SE, they'd assume that means we'd want to win Elixirs and Dhalmel Stew.
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2012-03-26 09:42:06  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Tarutaru is already a beastman race.

^
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-03-26 09:45:25  
is it time to panic yet dont wanna miss that
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 09:46:08  
Kin37ix said: »
Any update notes yet?
I'll be posting them when they are released.

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
is it time to panic yet dont wanna miss that
Almost :o
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-26 09:46:18  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
I think a rewarding PvP would be a very nice addition. Even adding existing items as rewards to winning teams in ballista would be cool.(Or possibly using ballista points and exchanging them)
Though knowing SE, they'd assume that means we'd want to win Elixirs and Dhalmel Stew.
Before rewarding, should make some changes to it.
Like, allowing player to gear change without getting a penality.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 09:54:10  
Definitely, but you know they'd blame ps2 limitations for that since they'd have to fix blinking.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-03-26 10:08:04  

I think the gear changing (or lack thereof) adds some depth to PvP, forcing you to make decisions about how to gear.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-26 10:18:45  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

I think the gear changing (or lack thereof) adds some depth to PvP, forcing you to make decisions about how to gear.

I've never done alot of PVP, but I agree on this.
PVP is the only place in the game where I think it's good that we need to "fulltime" gear to fit situations
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 10:19:09  

Same could be said for changing gear though. As it is outside of pvp, the more advanced player will change gear more often to support any situation.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-03-26 10:22:51  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Kin37ix said: »
Any update notes yet?
I'll be posting them when they are released.

we want them nowwwwwwwwwwwww
[+]
 Odin.Elmodfz
サーバ: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-03-26 10:23:10  
Having played this game for about 6 years, (give or take some months for the breaks I had), even though I'm still miles behind on story lines etc it would be nice to have a new expansion come out perhaps towards the end of the year? Other wise I can see myself "quitting" once I have finished all the 360 achievements for this game and got to a place where I feel that I have done everything this game has to offer.

I do wish they would give us more space for gear etc, even if it is more gobby bag quests and things like that, instead of faffing with things like besieged, focus on the important things!
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-03-26 10:36:24  
There's a post on the forums that hasn't been translated yet that the final battle of VW won't be in today's patch.

We're still getting the CoP and ToAU chapters, but not the last fight it seems.

SE Thread

Gogo Google Translate:

Quote:
I was allowed to defer judgment from this new version the "final chapter Void Watch". ("Promathia", "Aht Urhgan" are introduced as originally planned.)

The biggest reason was postponed is due to the fact that review the balance of the final chapter.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-03-26 10:39:37  

Same could be said for changing gear though. As it is outside of pvp, the more advanced player will change gear more often to support any situation.

Allowing everyone to use all of their gear gives the player with the most(best) gear a massive advantage and stifles creativity - having to use one set makes you critically analyse how best to use your character and what your strengths and weaknesses are likely to be.

As a quick example, which stave would you use on a BLM for PvP? That decision alone is crucial, let alone many others.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-03-26 10:40:59  
balance was used so sam will now be able to equip missile launchers
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 10:41:57  

Allowing everyone to use all of their gear gives the player with the most(best) gear a massive advantage and stifles creativity - having to use one set makes you critically analyse how best to use your character and what your strengths and weaknesses are likely to be.

As a quick example, which stave would you use on a BLM for PvP? That decision alone is crucial, let alone many others.
The amazing BLM scythe that I see everyone using, duh.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 10:45:23  

A player would still be able to have better gear though, just because you can't readily change it doesn't mean everyone will have the same gear.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-26 10:45:44  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

The amazing BLM scythe that I see everyone using, duh.

:(( Prism staff obv
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 10:46:51  
If you're fighting Warrior's you want to equip a Water stave because Warrior's are weak to water, that's why their AF1 is red (because they are fire based)
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 10:48:03  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
If you're fighting Warrior's you want to equip a Water stave because Warrior's are weak to water, that's why their AF1 is red (because they are fire based)
If you did that then you couldn't use a shield. :/
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-03-26 10:52:19  
I'm happy with the update but Damn SE u think u could give more inventory space geez. i go a job always 78/80 or 79/80. i mean Porter Moogle is ok but some +2 gear i have not had the time to Augment yet and it cant be stored .... oh cmon
 Fenrir.Cobblers
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2012-03-26 10:58:29  
Delete all these naked bsts in dynamis, all this update needs.

P.S kuzurii of fenrir, you my friend are a ***.

<3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-03-26 11:01:28  
Wait, Limbus will now be 24/hr?

***. YEAH!
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 11:12:23  
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 11:13:10  
Update notes seem to be out, will be posting in a sec once english is released.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-03-26 11:13:45  
Here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/22099?p=298242
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 11:14:03  
{Excitement}
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 11:14:45  
Update Notes

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/22099

Will pretty up the post and OP soon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-03-26 11:24:25  
Strafing..... SE Could come out with this eons ago.. but meh..

Now the Green Gear that remind me of a Pontiff ( quite possibly a whitemage maybe..)

Interesting.....

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10