All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)
All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 26)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 06:14:08  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Sylph.Kimble said: »
I still highly doubt we will get a full on expansion.

If this "new content" is not going to focus on story or battle, what the hell else is there? lol
Yea they said it won't be a full on expansion. It's between what abyssea was and what a full on expansion would be. Whatever that would be~

No story or battles = moogles :o!
VW was filler...fine, but after that we were supposed to get something you know, big. Another half-assed addon is not acceptable for a game I pay 13€/month. Waste of development time if that's the kind of thing we're getting again...
By Aikawa 2012-03-26 07:14:00  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

If this "new content" is not going to focus on story or battle, what the hell else is there? lol
Yea they said it won't be a full on expansion. It's between what abyssea was and what a full on expansion would be. Whatever that would be~

VW was filler...fine, but after that we were supposed to get something you know, big. Another half-assed addon is not acceptable for a game I pay 13€/month. Waste of development time if that's the kind of thing we're getting again...

just quit?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-03-26 07:18:55  
Aikawa said: »

just quit?

Why can't people be upset that something like isn't working as well as they want without "Just quit! LOLOLOLOL" popping up. A lot of work went into my character, and there are a lot of good memories there. Quiting when development didn't go the way I would have liked is pretty heavy handed approach...
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-26 07:23:23  
It looks like there won't be any Provenance in this update which I wasn't expecting anyway.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4930-%E6%96%B0%E6%94%BB%E7%95%A5%E5%9E%8B%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%80%8C%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9%E3%83%83%E3%83%81%E3%80%8D%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=298409#post298409
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-26 07:25:24  
The reason was because of.....balance.
[+]
By Aikawa 2012-03-26 07:25:41  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »

just quit?

Why can't people be upset that something like isn't working as well as they want without "Just quit! LOLOLOLOL" popping up. A lot of work went into my character, and there are a lot of good memories there. Quiting when development didn't go the way I would have liked is pretty heavy handed approach...

How much time do you think ffxi will last? And effort? I came back 4 month ago, starting from 0, and practically got everything done, the game is easy enough, not as WoW but it's good, for ppl that don't have anything else to get, or do in the game, the only thing they have left is quit,
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 07:29:02  
Stop putting words in my mouth Aikawa, I'm full.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-26 07:29:10  

How much time do you think ffxi will last? And effort? I came back 4 month ago, starting from 0, and practically got everything done, the game is easy enough, not as WoW but it's good, for ppl that don't have anything else to get, or do in the game, the only thing they have left is quit,

Make a Mythic.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-03-26 07:33:50  

just quit?

Sounds like you need to quit then =P
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-03-26 07:34:50  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »

Make a Mythic.

Then you'd just be bored with a mythic, theres stuff to do but not nearly as much as there use to be.
By Eluveitie 2012-03-26 07:37:40  
Meh I don't really even pay much attention to any of the content anymore. FFXI is like just another facebook socializing site to me these days. That's the best approach, dont get upset, dont like VW or w/e dont do it. Even though i dont really need any drops i still enjoy limbus, salvage, dynamis, einherjar, etc.... just because its fun to chill w/ ppl that i did it with @75 and laugh about how dinky the mobs are now. Most likely tomorrow will come and go and as with most of these patches it'll be to me like it never happened.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-26 07:42:48  
Yeah, but afking in port jeuno with a mythic is priceless!

I'm trusting SE, they'll add new content. How much time did they take to release zm, cop, and toau? I don't remember, but now we're at 99, and all the jobs are "balanced", should see a new expansion coming out soon.
Well, I hope.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 07:45:21  
We all hope, even more since they added that stupid folder in the datas...however Tanaka's statement that it's going to be neither an expansion nor an addon is not encouraging...especially since it's coming from Tanaka.
 Asura.Dravak
サーバ: Asura
user: Dravak
By Asura.Dravak 2012-03-26 07:48:36  
Eluveitie said: »
Meh I don't really even pay much attention to any of the content anymore. FFXI is like just another facebook socializing site to me these days. That's the best approach, dont get upset, dont like VW or w/e dont do it. Even though i dont really need any drops i still enjoy limbus, salvage, dynamis, einherjar, etc.... just because its fun to chill w/ ppl that i did it with @75 and laugh about how dinky the mobs are now. Most likely tomorrow will come and go and as with most of these patches it'll be to me like it never happened.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. While I do find some of the things that get introduced relevant and enjoyable (regardless of how significant they may or may not be), it's not like I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for SE to release something that will suddenly quantify everything I've done in this game. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If playing it makes people aggravated, but they still are hooked into it and blaming SE for it not being what they want it to be, it's my personal opinion that those players doing something wrong. Do I always like what's changed/introduced? Of course not, but I try to not let it get in the way of what I do enjoy about it.

Also, if people are that bored, they should just go outside :P
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-26 07:57:28  

I'm not saying that all is peachy in ffxi land, but...

Firstly, part of it is because there are a lot of people that are having a good time playing ffxi, and hearing all of this whining sounds pretty stupid to them.

But also, why can't people even let updates come out before complaining about how terrible they are? Why can't people at least try to complete things as they are originally issued without complaining up and down the forums? (Weird how many people are farming Umbral Marrow now, isn't it?)

Another part is this: You (a lot of us, too) have put a lot into their characters and would love to see the flourish. That's great. But at the same time, when people are upset all the time about everything that SE does, it really is a little silly for them to continue to play, isn't it?

Finally, it's pretty tiresome to hear all this criticism here. I think SE would be smart to scour all the ffxi sites for feedback, BUT at the same time, this is just a fansite. If someone has a problem with SE, the best and really only place to take that up is with SE.

Here's the thing: If you went to a store and experienced bad service and received a low quality product - and you did this over, and over again - what would you do?

Would you really expect them to improve if you complained to your friends about it? No. If you wanted them to change, you'd talk to someone at the store.

If you were consistently dissatisfied, would you continue to shop there? Especially if there were other similar stores in the area? I hope not.

If someone told you, "I like that store - if you don't, why don't you shop somewhere else?" Would you tell them to shutup? I'd like to think not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-26 08:03:33  
We all hope, even more since they added that stupid folder in the datas...however Tanaka's statement that it's going to be neither an expansion nor an addon is not encouraging...especially since it's coming from Tanaka.

What else can you expect when people whine about things taking too long and being too difficult, then other people whine about the addons being too small and too silly?

I don't think the problem is SE not listening to the playerbase - it's that they listen too much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 08:04:36  
What? I don't think anyone would ever complain if there was an actual expansion to be released.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-26 08:07:33  
It's what the game needs atm!
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-26 08:12:37  
I really think there would be plenty of people who would. It would be too hard, too easy, too expensive, too small, too big, download too slow, cost too much, not have the spells/jobs/abilities they want, look too much like X zone or Y storyline, whatever kind of nm/battle system would be too much like Z...

So if you try to make all of those people happy - what do you end up with? Nothin'.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 08:15:54  
So your solution is not even trying. Glad you're not a developer.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-26 08:27:18  
Asura.Dravak said: »

Outside? Outside of abyssea ?

I don't get it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-26 08:33:10  
Because sentiments like

are so very helpful, right? I mean, please correct me if I am wrong, but you don't even know (like all of us) what this middle of the road thing is, right? I'd at least rather let it be released and give it a shot.

No, I don't have a "solution." Then again, I don't really have all that big of a problem with the game, either. Really, if I had the choice between all of these little stupid changes/fixes/adjustments (of course some things have to be fixed, I mean things like in the spoiler) and changing the playerbase... I'd change the playerbase.

There are some things I would love to see be done a differently. But I'm not going to make a big deal out of every little thing that comes up. I would love:

- full expansion like CoP or ToAU
- connectivity between all of the various storylines, and continuations of the same (that makes sense)
- challenging, difficult to obtain rewards, including some things that I (personally) would never be able to obtain

[+]
By Eluveitie 2012-03-26 08:35:22  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Asura.Dravak said: »
Outside? Outside of abyssea ? I don't get it.
I think what he means is go get some sunlight :p
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 08:44:54  
I said that I'm pessimistic, haven't been fatalistic and said the game is dead.
Keeping my feet on the ground so to avoid let down.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-03-26 08:48:23  
just need new expan with new races and open pvp/duel button
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-03-26 08:50:23  
Latifah said: »
new races

because giving the option of making a new character just for the new race is totally appealing :|
By Latifah 2012-03-26 08:51:33  
Asura.Dajociont said: »
Latifah said: »
new races

because giving the option of making a new character just for the new race is totally appealing :|
for me it does, i'm sure it will for a lot of people
 Leviathan.Alas
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2012-03-26 08:51:46  
I'm sure the Dev's have looked at the amount of people that finished WotG and concluded that the player base doesn't actually want more story-based content. While this is certainly not true for all of us (I for one thought WotG had some of the best story in the game), we have the player base to blame for the Dev's thinking they're giving us what we want. It also doesn't help the stupidity we all know exists on the official forums. And for once, I won't even get into PS2 limitations.
By Latifah 2012-03-26 08:52:44  
i would like to play as a beastman race like yagudo or something like that, the ff14 dev team is planing doing it
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 08:56:08  
They've started adding improvements to pc only, at this point ps2 limitations should not be ever mentioned again for anything :|
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10