Help With PLD Gearsets.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Help with PLD gearsets.
Help with PLD gearsets.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-07-24 10:23:38  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Valefor.Sylvr said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
This is my current TP set.

If you can afford it White tat will drop you from a 16 hit build to a 15 hit build. I noticed alot of people seem to be uncertain about what to use for the ammo slot still using bows. This also gives you the option to use things like Incantor stone or impatiens when casting Ichi.

I have a pretty firm belief that you should just treat your PLD like any other DD and optimize your TP build as much as possible. When I get my hands on fortitude torque I will be using that over creed Collar.

If you're tanking, I don't see the point in worrying about any X-Hit build. Taking any non-0 hit/spell (or even a 0 dmg hit with a Shield Block) will completely invalidate all of that precise sTP calculation.

You might as well, there is literally nothing better to put in that slot. PLD has a very bad selection of ammo choices.

Killer shortbow wouldn't be bad if you can intimidate whatever you are tanking.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-24 10:27:21  
Doesn't that bow give all killers, like the tatami shield?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-24 10:40:24  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Unless specified such as on Bibiki Seashell, it's safe to assume it enhances all killer effects.
 Bahamut.Kazius
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kazius 2011-07-24 11:13:19  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Unless specified such as on Bibiki Seashell, it's safe to assume it enhances all killer effects.

I've used it for a long time on RDM and yes, it can pretty much intimidate anything (albeit a very low proc rate).
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-24 11:41:18  
Its a 1% Proc rate, not worth using.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-07-24 15:12:48  
Ragnarok.Martel said:
Just a minor suggestion, Light. On that rampart set, I'd drop the galea in favor of valor coronet's duration+. Pre-Ochain, Iron will merits are amazing. I actually used rampart far more often for the period of un-interrupt-ability than as a magic def tool. So 15 extra seconds where I can cast freely were more valuable to me.

Also, why the ritter gorget on the full enmity set, when you have a Invidia torque on the rampart set? balancing hp?

Get a Herc ring as a second enmity ring? If that's an inv issue I completely understand. I never got any enmity earrings as it didn't worth the gil/space. Now one of those +4's...

Anyway, good sets

inventory space is more of an issue when /NIN i am 80/80 space when not /NIN then i am 75/80 so the ritter is coz i use it in HP+ set and Enmity so its a multi purpose item also i dont have invidia torque, i did have herc ring but comes down to inventory space so i got rid of it.

some point tomorrow i will be revising my PLD sets and try optimize them more for utility/space

as for merits i just went with 4/5 on guardian coz i am working on ochain and wont have to change merits later, plus i dont really have meny problems with casting, and even saying that if i am tanking i am /war these days

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
its all killer effects and also procs alot too in my experience
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-24 15:24:47  
Cerberus.Lightvision said:
its all killer effects and also procs alot too in my experience

Eyeballing, unless you have math to prove otherwise its only a 1% proc rate at best.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-24 15:31:54  
don't you get it gradd? 1% of the time is A LOT of the time
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-24 17:31:51  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Killer shortbow is still great to pair with key pld job abilities while they're up or to match with trying to resist minor enfeebles like (atma of the earth wyrm + killer shortbow + barstonra from a whm to resist break) etc

I better pick one up to tank on all my other jobs then huh?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-24 17:31:59  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
don't you get it gradd? 1% of the time is A LOT of the time

Inorite
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-24 18:20:48  
Cerberus.Lightvision said:

inventory space is more of an issue when /NIN i am 80/80 space when not /NIN then i am 75/80 so the ritter is coz i use it in HP+ set and Enmity so its a multi purpose item also i dont have invidia torque, i did have herc ring but comes down to inventory space so i got rid of it

I see. Well, there's in Invida Torque in the rampart set you posted, so I assumed you were carrying both. <,<
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-24 19:26:41  
Inventory shouldn't be an issue if you're doing it right and full time all empyrean gear. Weapon, shield, armor, accessories, etc.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-07-24 19:43:49  
Well, problem with bow is that you can never ever make gear swaps into the ammo slot and there are far too many awesome items not to use them.
You only do that if you're carrying a lot of CHR and/or killer effects gear with you. If you want to rely on a very low killer proc rate by only using bow, go ahead.
IMO, you're gimping out your PLD that way though.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-07-25 04:23:34  
Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Well, problem with bow is that you can never ever make gear swaps into the ammo slot and there are far too many awesome items not to use them.
You only do that if you're carrying a lot of CHR and/or killer effects gear with you. If you want to rely on a very low killer proc rate by only using bow, go ahead.
IMO, you're gimping out your PLD that way though.

untill i get said pieces then settling for killer shortbow for the mean time is good enough for me
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [106 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-08 09:16:15  
It's been a few months. Has anything changed from what has been said in this thread?
By Ophannus 2011-11-08 09:32:03  
I'd use Incantor Stone or Impatiens for Flash and Valor Cape for Rampart.

This is my gear swap for Enlight, with Divine Skill merits, I can get around 67-68ish on first hit.

Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 09:47:47  
Those damn feet Do Not exist on ragnarok...

btw, does hitting that tier require all of that divine gear? I changed my DM earring to a suppa, then noticed that I pretty much never dual wield anymore cause of Ochain. And I never play blu. <,<;

Edit: My enlight is starting at 62 dmg. I'm lacking the earrings and the feet
By Ophannus 2011-11-08 09:59:55  
It's +1 damage every 10 skill I think.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 10:04:36  
I'm pretty sure it's not, actually. I've had some weirdness when trying to figure out how much I need per tier.

Gimme a bit, gonna go do some testing.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-08 10:08:20  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Those damn feet Do Not exist on ragnarok...

btw, does hitting that tier require all of that divine gear? I changed my DM earring to a suppa, then noticed that I pretty much never dual wield anymore cause of Ochain. And I never play blu. <,<;

Edit: My enlight is starting at 62 dmg. I'm lacking the earrings and the feet
Can use this formula: (Divine Magic Skill/8)+12.5
Seems to be accurate, except that it's giving me 66 starting dmg for Oph's set, unless I missed something.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 10:15:32  
I saw that formula too. But I wasn't getting accurate results with it.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-08 10:28:30  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
It's been a few months. Has anything changed from what has been said in this thread?
There are quite a few items for minor changes I would consider adding to some of the sets displayed here.
This could find use in SI/Shield skill sets for like Ichy casting (unless you use SI Dark Rings).

This can also have it's uses for ppl without access to Ninurta's and don't mind the trade off with the enmity from goading vs. capped haste.

The PDT department also changed a bit with this (which should be better than shadow mantle [in terms of reliability]) and this as an upgrade in the waist spot.
Those seem to fit well into new PDT combos as well and those are upgrading your IR pants.

All in all, only slight upgrades.

Edit to avoid double post:
I saw that formula too. But I wasn't getting accurate results with it.
Maybe the result is rounded down. Or are your results way off?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 10:37:24  
I did some quick tests before, and got results that didn't match the formula, but I didn't record those. SO i don't know the exact differences.

I'll have this batch of tests done in a few more mins.

About Affronter cuisses. While they are superior, I prefer to stick with MDB augmented Blood cuisses. Can get +5 MDB. So you have MDB, resistance and movement on the same piece. Affronter will reduce more dmg due to +1 MDB, and the 5 int/mnd, but INV vs perfection.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-08 10:45:06  
I did some quick tests before, and got results that didn't match the formula, but I didn't record those. SO i don't know the exact differences.

I'll have this batch of tests done in a few more mins.

About Affronter cuisses. While they are superior, I prefer to stick with MDB augmented Blood cuisses. Can get +5 MDB. So you have MDB, resistance and movement on the same piece. Affronter will reduce more dmg due to +1 MDB, and the 5 int/mnd, but INV vs perfection.
Indeed, you have a good point there.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 11:52:58  
Ok, so. Testing is a good as I can get it without a lvl 85 sync.
Code
Skill	339	342	351	359	362	377	380	390	399	400	410	417	420	430
DMG		52	55	55	55	57	57	60	60	60	62	62	62	65	65
Calc'd*	54	55	56	57	57	59	60	61	62	62	63	64	65	66
DMGgain	0	3	0	0	2	0	3	0	0	2	0	0	3	0

*Expected DMG via the (Divine Magic Skill/8)+12.5 formula.

So, Base DMG appears to increase every 20 skill, with the actual DMG increase alternating between +2 and +3.

Ophannus said: »
This is my gear swap for Enlight, with Divine Skill merits, I can get around 67-68ish on first hit.

So.. is it 67, or 68? Cause 67 matches the current trend, whereas 68 indicates a change.

I've no idea how to make a formula from this data. I leave that to the mathematically inclined

And damn. Since you're hitting the 440 tier exactly, you do need every bit of that divine gear... Time to re-solo DM? I can't even recall the last time I used this suppa. Or I could wait to see how the skill tiers look at 99.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 12:51:57  
Errrm... wait a minute. Think I made a mistake. Not in the testing itself, but for some reason I thought your set had 440 skill. It should have 430.

Baseskill+merits+gear
376+16+38=430.

How were you getting 67~?

So you've actually got +10 skill you don't need to be carrying. So you could satchel/store 2 pieces of gear. Neck and +3 ear, or Cape and waist. I'd hold on to the feet. Badass DE holy gear. And knight's has shield skill.

Although, with this in mind, I'd really appreciate it if you could do a 440 skill test. Just grab a water staff for that next +10 skill and smack a mob that doesn't have shell.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-11-08 14:35:45  
Thanks for the work on the data points. Here's the formula for it:

base = floor(skill/20)
first hit = base * 3 + (12 - floor(base/2))

which can also be written as:

first hit = (floor(skill/20) * 3) + (12 - floor(skill/40))

So you only gain damage every 20 skill, though presumably it's worthwhile to put as much skill in as you can to gain magic accuracy for fewer resists (unless you can get more pure Magic Accuracy).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-08 14:46:04  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Thanks for the work on the data points. Here's the formula for it:

base = floor(skill/20)
first hit = base * 3 + (12 - floor(base/2))

which can also be written as:

first hit = (floor(skill/20) * 3) + (12 - floor(skill/40))

So you only gain damage every 20 skill, though presumably it's worthwhile to put as much skill in as you can to gain magic accuracy for fewer resists (unless you can get more pure Magic Accuracy).
Is the macc of an enspell calculated at the cast or on strike?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-08 14:53:25  
Cool, that formula seems to work perfectly. ^^

About the magic accuacy. Do we know that the MACC is caclulated at cast time, and not on hit?

Sorta like how spikes calculate the INT value on cast, but the MAB value on hit. Although I'm not sure when they check MACC for spikes.

If MACC was caclulated on cast.. could you cast in MND/MACC gear and expect to get more accurate Enlight DMG? <,< Or would it be skill only?

EDIT:Heh, sek beat me to it.