Help With PLD Gearsets.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Help with PLD gearsets.
Help with PLD gearsets.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-09 00:27:35  
Fenrir.Demomo said: »
Stalwarts, bravers and pizza, combined with a decent tp set should put your acc extremely close to capped on almost anything. Pre-dd temps, I could see enlight spam for acc reasons being great.
Hmm, what's your tp set look like? You don't have one listed.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-09 08:21:18  
Alright, I suppose I'm ready for the initial firing squad.

I'm going to preface this by saying that my PLD is still level 74, and I never had much of a chance to start getting gear from EG before I quit (Abyssea was released shortly before I quit).

These are my two existing itemsets on here for my current PLD. The ONLY reason I'm even bothering with showing them is because they have pieces that are still used in some sets(I.R. etc.). Also so I can get recommendations on bridge items as necessary for some of the harder to get items.

I've gone through the itemsets listed in this thread, as well as those posted by Gradd. I've put together this list of gear that I don't have. It's a very rough list at the moment. I haven't gone through and labeled everything by difficulty to obtain and bridge items yet.

(Note: I have seigneur shield. It's been mentioned that aside from a MDB shield, it's not too bad as a bridge in other sets. I also have Homam Feet and I think Hands as well.)

So my main questions are:

1) Are there any bridge items I should add to the list for the harder to get items?

2) Is the ACP reward still useful? Maybe as a bridge? Which augments / sets?

3) Does Joytoy still have a place, even if only as a bridge, until I hit the higher levels?

Edit: I haven't bothered putting gear for specific WS sets on my list yet.

There was something else I was going to add, but now I don't remember what it is.

Edit2: I don't have it listed, but, depending on how fast I get certain pieces and how fast I level, I would also look at Perle as a bridge for certain slots.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-09 09:15:54  
IMO, you should focus on getting af3 +2 out of the way as quickly as possible. It's a very solid set and most of it's items you will use in a lot of sets.

There are some of the items that are rather easy to knock out if you have a few friends with the right jobs, which I would take care of first, like Hero's, Goading, Nieren, Noesis, Meridian, Torque (given you have Shinryu access) and Veloce.

You can focus a bit more on haste these days as well, since most of the good items also add more defensive/tanking stats than the old stuff.

I've also just seen that you listed Cerberus Mantle +1, which I would change to Valor Cape (as you mainly use it as a macro piece for the enmity and Valor let's you use it also for Rampart).
Furthermore, if you have the inventory and/or gil, you could get Jingang Legs mainly for Rampart as well and if you, for whatever reason, want to get Torcleaver.

As for 1), I can't think of anything major right now that should be on the list. It contains everything I'd want to get also.
Regarding 2), I would only get it as a macro piece for the fast cast and enmity until Creed Body. But I dropped mine for inventory long ago.
And 3) I would say that Joyeuse still is a very nice sword due to it's high DA frequency and that you should use it until you get a real sword like Almace or Excal even.
I think, if you don't have one of the good swords, it doesn't matter much what other sword you use meanwhile, unless it's a PDT one or Honorbound, which would at least offer you something for your defense.

For the WS gear stuff, I'd just keep the Hecatomb and Twilight items in mind and start optimizing from there.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-09 09:21:51  
Thanks.

(Not sure why Valor Cape wasn't on there. I just added it.)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-09 12:44:26  
Incantor stone(+2)Yes, there's Impatiens, but there are times and spells I don't want quick-casted, usually non-overwriteable buffs, with potency gear in midcast.
Jeweled Collar(FC +1~3)
AMK head FC+5(bridge till Creed)

Augmenting earring. Can hit the highest reasonable Phalanx tier with just this and merits.

Oneiros earring
ASA legs with cure+5% and HP&enmity
koenig/kaiser schaller with Shield mastery+2/3 and Cure+4%/5%. Can also get +5 fastcast, possible bridge to creed head rather than AMK.

Blood Cuisses - Movement+! Augments MDB+5 FC+5. Slightly less potent than affronter as a magic def piece, but offers greater general utility. Also an alternative to homam legs for fast cast. But homam is still superior recast wise. INV vs perfection.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-09 15:25:08  
Wow, I didn't put W.Legs on the list either? Shame on me. That's what I get for deleting the other one I had started before doing the new one to compare.

ASA legs are being used on WHM for now. I'll keep the AMK head in mind since I will be completing that soon hopefully (on final fight).

I have the incantor stone already.

Where does Oneiros earring come from? I'm assuming voidwatch? I see BG wiki has it listed. I've never seen that earring before, thanks for that.

One thing I will go ahead and mention is that I do not use windower macros or spellcast. This will cut out some of the pieces that have a very small window to macro in.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-09 15:42:56  
Oneiros earring is mostly useless to anyone but a pld, as it's cures received only. Probly why you hadn't heard of it.

Macro limitations certainly change what gear's worth using.

A small thought. If you got a Koenig/kaiser head with +5 fast cast and +5 cure, then you could just equip it on precast, and not use creed head for cures. Saving you a macro line on cures.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-10 07:23:49  
ruffian leggings seem like the best alternative to jingang greaves for a -PDT set. Am I missing something?

Got two Dark Rings yesterday. PDT-6% on one. PDT-3%,MDT-3%,BDT-3% on the second. Not a bad start.

Also got my Valor Cape, Shield Torque, and Hospitaler Earring.

I took Kaiser Shield off and put Koenig Shield on the list. I just can't justify the price for the minor upgrade when it will be replaced anyway. (Edit: Should I even bother since I have Seigneur Shield?)

Soooo much crap to get.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-10 10:00:51  
If you're leveling the normal way then it might be worth it to grab it until you can use seigneur, otherwise I'd just go straight for a dagda's or Majorelle.

Askar boots are a solid choice too since they are 2% DT.