users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » New set considerations for Aegis(90) PLDs
New set considerations for Aegis(90) PLDs
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Jinz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Jinz 2011-05-10 12:19:37  
Whats your -MDT/MDB set going to look like now that the 40% -MDT on Aegis 90 is said to be added ontop of current 50% mdt cap?

The point of this post isn't to stack a bunch of easy attainable MDT items such as memran rings/earrings ontop of your current magic/turtle set.

What does / or what will the ideal hybrid Aegis(90) -MDT / MDB set look like?

Is the V.set now good again? Are the Highlands Augmented Dark rings and capped ShellraV +5 the only option Non-D.ring PLDs have?

etc etc

EDIT: Also, in context of Aegis, is Burtang now worth it?
Or should we all be working on an Almace/Excal?

One that is being looked at
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 13:41:18  
As I posted in the other thread, the two sets I'm considering at the moment:

For maximum Magic Down:

and

For Maximum -DT%:

Head/hands/feet can change between Valhalla + PDT hands/feet and Shield gear (af3+2 head/hands + AF1+1 feet).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 16:07:16  
Neo, you had alot of people backing you up waiting for your knowledgable posts on PLD. Please watch the language and don't antagonize so we may all enjoy the thread :)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-10 16:08:24  
deciding not to post your sets or test results that you put together/did the testing for is something that is pretty much allowed

i wouldn't post them if i was in his position either

if you need extra lulz i think krizz still has some of his pld sets up
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-10 16:10:53  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
"I'm going home and taking all my toys with me."

Rules here changed recently. One of the rules is that slurs based on protected statuses are no longer allowed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-05-10 16:12:13  
The new forum rules are on the front page in eye catching red. He either knowingly went against them or didn't read them. And ignorance isn't a good excuse.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 16:13:09  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
No one cares what you think potatohead!

inb4 20+ posts saying otherwise.
HEY i love my potato
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 16:15:45  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
removed quote
yes, so can you please post your sets and continue your discussions because SOME of us valued what you were saying.
 Phoenix.Lilithx
user: Leine
By Phoenix.Lilithx 2011-05-10 16:16:13  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
deciding not to post your sets or test results that you put together/did the testing for is something that is pretty much allowed

I got lulz from all of those sets.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-10 16:16:35  
Phoenix.Lilithx said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

I got lulz from all of those sets.

well, yes
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-10 16:16:45  
EDIT: Guess I shouldn't quote that, carry on.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 16:17:55  
Wonder which rules I'm breaking in this thread that are causing Krizz to delete all my posts..
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-10 16:18:09  
OMG, insulting my PLD sets from pre-Abyssea? I'm hurt!

Seriously, either stay on topic or I'll trash the thread.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 16:18:27  
I am never going to see these sets am i?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 16:18:56  
Idk, Krizz is about to trash the thread, so not sure if it's smart to post the sets in this thread.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 16:19:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
ITT: Being dumb is now a protected status.
Now you're just being petty. Mental retardation is a protected status. Simply being stupid is not.

Pretending or acting retardedly is not though, and when people troll, post useless, pointless or wrong information they should not be protected.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-05-10 16:19:32  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Wonder which rules I'm breaking in this thread that are causing Krizz to delete all my posts..
New Forums Rules thread was on the front page last I checked. You could, y'know, READ them.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-10 16:22:10  
Ragnarok.Raenil said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
New Forums Rules thread was on the front page last I checked. You could, y'know, READ them.
He doesn't agree with the rules.

Edit: He complained that I didn't give him a chance to clean up his act in the last thread before topicbanning. I deleted posts here, but did not topicban him. How he takes this opportunity is up to him.

Now let's get the thread back on topic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-10 16:23:03  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
ITT: Being dumb is now a protected status.
Now you're just being petty. Mental retardation is a protected status. Simply being stupid is not.

Pretending or acting retardedly is not though, and when people troll, post useless, pointless or wrong information they should not be protected.
Using the word retard in a derogatory manner is potentially hurtful to those who have a legitimate condition that classifies them as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE/mentally disabled. There are other words that could have been used and can be used in the future, should he choose to stop being petty about this whole thing.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 16:41:18  
Krizz was nice enough to warn me this time, which was all I really wanted (treated with respect).

On topic (and I apologize for the derail):

Optimal builds: (Feedback welcome)"

Pld/nin idle - (When not in WS spam, tanking something that I want to focus on surviving. Focuses on Refresh/Shield Skill/-DT%/HP/Damage Annulment to prevent death from AoE clearing shadows -> Melee (or vice versa) killing me (swap in AF3+2 body and twilight torque as refresh/mp needs vary):

Pld/war idle - Focus is damage reduction and Shield skill. The main question here is whether the +18 shield skill (and SDB from hands) outweights the 9% PDT you can get from those 3 slots by swapping in Valhalla head and PDT hands/feet. That depends entirely on the lvl of your current enemy and the moves in his arsenal (if the enemy can EES for example, stick with PDT based /war idle set):

Pld TP - Focus on quick TP gain (though not ignoring DPS during TP phase). Capped gear haste, refresh, high amounts of accuracy. Can swap bow for better DPS item as needed, neck/body as needed as well depending on refresh needs. I don't see any of the new gear replacing this set. (7% haste belt is nice but un-needed).

Pld Magic Down - Focus on capping MDT, then maximizing MDB. Note that twilight body may be better than AF3+2 if you don't need the AF3+2 to cap MDT (due to the dStat competent to magic damage taken).

Pure DT - When you want to stay at the 90% MDT cap and maximize PDT:

Now a couple things to add to this that are important:

SE recently put a cap on pets with ducal guard atma at 87.5% DT. This may be a new "total cap", so Aegis total MDT % may actually cap at 87.5%, rather than 90%. We'll need some more detailed tests to confirm this. Either way, Burtgang sets don't come close to this %, so PDT sets shouldn't be affected.

I'll try and finish the Aegis block rate tests and confirm 90% or 87.5% MDT cap rates by this weekend. If anyone can do tests before then, or simply to add to the pile, that would be great.

edit: I removed resist sets from my builds due to the new Aegis change. Also I obviously didn't include the minor sets like: Cure swaps, Max Emnity, Rampart, Spell interrupt, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 16:48:43  
melaco mittens

demonry stone

impatiens
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 16:53:39  
Curious why Burtang in some and Almace in other sets..situational swords?

and the new melaco mittens would be far superior ?

gr sheelay D:
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 16:54:37  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

gr sheelay D:

;D
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 16:57:19  
Ya I saw those in the update, didn't bother to update the DT set though. Fixed now. Could also swap out feet for 3% PDT feet, but not really needed in the pure PDT set to reach the cap (and I assume most people already have askar feet). However, using 3% feet and Colosul earring could allow for a bit more leeway in other areas (missing Dring, not perfect dark rings, etc).

I did not however see impatiens. That's pretty damn nice.

And yes, swapping from Burt to Almace in pure TP mode because even with 90 Burtgang changes to aftermath duration and Atonement damage, the two don't compare for DPS yet.

Optimally: Idling in the new MDB stone (instead of Lamian Kamen+1) and swapping to the Impatiens during casting would be a superior combination.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 17:00:42  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

gr sheelay D:

;D
This mithra be trolling me <3

Also would you mind posting a enm+ set because I am going to guess that you would want to maximize your enimty spells and JA if you are in a situation where you are fulltiming the PDT/MDT sets :3 Thanks :)

You have like the dream set ~.~ Alot of which will take me a long time to get lolz
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 17:01:48  
That would be a purely macro piece only though I am guessing as you would not want to lose the Ranged slot?
First Page 2 3