Aegis + Burtgang Buff
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 10:37:29  
Max merited Shell 5 is 27.34% MDT.

90 Aegis is 40% MDT (that all goes past cap according to Brytor).

Means we need an additional 22.7% MDT to reach 90% MDT (and can put MDB in the other spots).

Valhala head
Twilight Torque
Defending ring

That puts you 88% MDT.

Toss in AF3+2 body (at any amount of VE) and you're capped for MDT.

Allowing you to put MDB in the other slots (or PDT if you want the most pure damage reduction).

Need to rework my PDT/MDT/etc sets now =/.

Any suggestions on optimal sets?
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-10 10:39:31  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Means we need an additional 22.7% MDT to reach 90% MDT (and can put MDB in the other spots).

Valhala head
Twilight Torque
Defending ring

That puts you 88% MDT.

Allowing you to put MDB in the other slots (or PDT if you want the most pure damage reduction).

Just out of Curiosity, but Ethereal earring....does that count as -DT or does it only convert 3% of dmg and not take it away? Was wondering this today.
By Quiznor 2011-05-10 10:41:16  
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Valhala head
Twilight Torque
Defending ring

That puts you 88% MDT.

Just out of Curiosity, but Ethereal earring....does that count as -DT or does it only convert 3% of dmg and not take it away? Was wondering this today.

No,you still take that damage,it just takes the number and gives you 3% back of w/e damage you take.Doesnt save you from -3% DT
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-10 10:43:05  
Quiznor said:
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Valhala head
Twilight Torque
Defending ring

That puts you 88% MDT.

No,you still take that damage,it just takes the number and gives you 3% back of w/e damage you take.Doesnt save you from -3% DT

Thanks. Not to derail here, but you sound a little butt hurt over everything here.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 10:50:24  
I was thinking this: (replace Dring with Dark ring with -6% MDT/PDT if you don't have):
Max MDT/MDB:

Puts you at 90% MDT (Once you're VE/CE is high enough to cap the AF3+2 body DT%) + 22 MDB + Shadow ring procs.

Should be pretty much immune to magic (take less than 5% from anything).

Or max "damage down" set, that mixes PDT/MDT:

Puts you at capped MDT (but minimal MDB past the cap), and adds 39% PDT (plus shadow mantle procs) + 16% PDT-Past-Cap from Burtgang.

Depending on the situation, you could use Valhalla head + PDT hands/feet for 50% PDT, making your net -DT%:

90% MDT and 66% PDT.

Or you could use Shield Block Feet/Head/Hands (AF3+2 hands/head, AF+1 feet), to remain at 31%+16% PDT + 19 Shield skill and SDB.
By Quiznor 2011-05-10 10:55:56  
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Quiznor said:
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Valhala head
Twilight Torque
Defending ring

That puts you 88% MDT.

Thanks. Not to derail here, but you sound a little butt hurt over everything here.

Probably because I only woke up 5 mins before I posted that and I overslept something important.

oh and my lightbulb blew when i turned it on.sitting here eatting a bowl of cheerios by a lamp x_x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 12:23:08  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Wouldn't this pose as a better magic set?

You still need 22% MDT to get to the 90% alledged cap (27% from Shell5 with merits, 22% from gear, 40% from Aegis). Cap that first, then stack MDT. Also, depending on the spell, Twilight Mail should beat Iron Ram Body for magic reduction (dStat factor of magic damage), though AF3+2 wins for pure damage reduction with the new cap).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-10 12:23:58  
Who's the masta?

Sho'nuff.

jk, I can't take credit for this. It was the most obvious, simple, and logical fix. They probably thought of it too.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 13:35:35  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Who's the masta?

Sho'nuff.

jk, I can't take credit for this. It was the most obvious, simple, and logical fix. They probably thought of it too.

We posted it in the Ochain thread after doing the statistical analysis of Ochain's Physical damage reduction. HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TAKE CREDIT!??!?

Just kidding, I am however sincerely glad SE went down this logical path, instead of adding some shitty "occasionally absorbs magic" ***.

Going to straight tank AV this week (no zerg, I'm tired of changing jobs after JoL..) and see how it goes lol.
By Quiznor 2011-05-10 13:52:17  
An aegis PLD in my LS today was doing some rough tests.Said he was eating nukes naked/no shell for 900 and with his full gear on for 120~ish.I have no idea what he was wearing and I dont think he saw me asking what he was wearing for the nukes among the constant "aegis buff mdt 90% omg lolochain" rantings in LSchat
 Lakshmi.Zantok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-10 14:03:45  
Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
God you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

edit- Let me elaborate:

Near magic immunity is a huge boost and changes how we can gear for damage down.

We've already discussed the benefits of Ochain and Aegis, so shut the *** up about which one is better: ***is situational.

No ***you still need to do damage to keep hate and no ***Pld needs love.

Also No ***that Almace is *** easy to get.

I would appreciate any further testing people are interested in doing on Aegis. I won't have time for block rate studies till later this week, and I'd like some verification on the MDT cap change.

Sorry, but I'm not greedy enough or gear *** enough to expect everyone in my ls to drop what they are doing and working on to get me two Emp weapons for a job that's useless when they already wasted a year helping me with Aegis. It's their turn to get stuff. I will deal and keep coming with jobs that are actually effective like WAR.

And it's still not in Ochain's class. Get Ochain=instant god unless you are a total moron. With this Aegis buff, you still need outside help and extra gear to reach the MDT cap while Ochain reaches the physical cap just by being equipped. There's no comparison. And there is no reason to discuss which is better, because there is no competition. Aegis is great, Ochain is a little greater. Almace is more important for any PLD. So I personally will concentrate on that and keep chilling with Aegis for now. But as I said before, we have other people working on these projects and I don't feel it's right for me to expect mine to be worked on first. I dabble with it on the side a little, but I'll get there when I get there.

And Good God, why did you have to be a raving jerk about this? Tact: <Can I have it?>

The most dangerous mobs in the game are all considered so because of their massive amounts of magical damage. NOT static, easy to heal ,physical damage.

L2PLD, then post.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 14:53:04  
Anyways, I have nothing against Kurosawa, I'd just like to steer this thread away from the: "Ochain/Aegis is better/worse, Yay Almace, *** Pld sux" talk, and keep it on track with what is supposed to be:

1. New Aegis/Burtgang Testing.

2. New gear set combinations.

3. Implications for near magic immunity.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-10 15:00:40  
Good job at being topicbanned from your own thread.
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-10 15:02:04  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Good job at being topicbanned from your own thread.

So he can't post in his own topic now about Aegis? I thought he did a good job of getting things back on track ._. if anything ban the provoker...
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 15:03:32  
Why not delete his offensive and condescending posts and tell him to get his act together instead of taking the lazy mod's way out?
As profane as his posts were, they were relevant to the topic at hand.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-10 15:12:43  
Artemicion said:
Why not delete his offensive and condescending posts and tell him to get his act together instead of taking the lazy mod's way out?
You know what usually isn't relevant?
You walking in crying about how the mods are working in every thread.
Just sayin'.
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 15:14:26  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Artemicion said:
Just sayin'.

Quoted for irony.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-10 15:27:21  
Seriously? Some of you need to chill with jumping on every mod action in every thread. If you have an issue with something, send a PM.

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
God you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

edit- Let me elaborate:

Near magic immunity is a huge boost and changes how we can gear for damage down.

We've already discussed the benefits of Ochain and Aegis, so shut the *** up about which one is better: ***is situational.

No ***you still need to do damage to keep hate and no ***Pld needs love.

Also No ***that Almace is *** easy to get.

I would appreciate any further testing people are interested in doing on Aegis. I won't have time for block rate studies till later this week, and I'd like some verification on the MDT cap change.
That's just one of his posts. The only reason I didn't nuke the thread is because I was checking reports from my phone. I still have to go through and see if anything of value was posted.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-10 15:27:44  
Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Artemicion said:
Just sayin'.

Quoted for irony.
Difference being I've done it once and don't cry about it in every thread. :D
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 15:31:00  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
God I feel frustrated with you.

edit- Let me elaborate:

We've already discussed the benefits of Ochain and Aegis, so let's stop debating about which one is better: Situational stuff is situational.

No kidding you still need to do damage to keep hate and no kidding Pld needs love.

Also No kidding that Almace is easy to get.

There fixed, and still a decent post.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8