First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-05-09 16:40:23  
Cerberus.Jinz said:
its very simple.
Aegis and Ochain are both good shields.
Ochain is like a big pair of titts in a bra. It looks nice and entices you. But once you've had your touch, and realize just how flabby they are, with no form or firmness to them, you become disgusted.

Aegis is the opposite. It takes a true owner of superior taste and knowledge around a woman's undies to know that while these titts may not be huge, you've been around the block enough times to know that they are bigger than they look when the bra falls off, and that they are soft yet firm, yeilding and reactive to the master's touch.

Ochain is for the boys, who might suffer from premature ejaculation.
Aegis is where the men are.
LOL.Nice one sir, nice one.
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 16:41:21  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
depends what you're fighting. you can't block FiragaIV, Meteor... unless you own an aegis. zing

Pretty sure you can,its called Shell V and MDT gear.Up until this update,it blocked the same amount as your Aegis.

UP UNTIL THIS UPDATE

Yep,thats exactly what I said.Since you said you cant block it at all,no matter if it was after this update or pre-update.So I stand by what I say.I can still block it.Just not as much as you by a (presumably) small %.You say it like non-aegis MDT/shell has just vanished from the game lol
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:42:14  
Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Also, to that person who attacked me when I didn't even read your posts because I don't really take girls seriously.

Kyokaku, was it?

Tell me, when you play PLD. What kills you most of the time? Assume you're at oh say.. 1.6k HP outside abyssea. The mobs hitting you for 200ish, you're WHM is waiting for you to take a couple hits to cure, or maybe they do love to keep you topped off. Who knows, depends on the healers.

Do you die from those static melee hits? No, you don't, normally a PLD drops because of a spike of damage when the healer was either being lazy, or was letting you get a bit lower before tossing you a heal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being PLD main since pretty much January of the first year of NA release, I certainly remember magical spikes killing me about.. 75% more of the time than melee spikes.

Just food for thought.

Wait, really? So because someone is female nothing they say matters? Why, just wow. lol. Just funny since Kirscy is a girl and has pretty much come up with a great deal of what we know about the game today.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-09 16:44:01  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Also, to that person who attacked me when I didn't even read your posts because I don't really take girls seriously.

Kyokaku, was it?

Tell me, when you play PLD. What kills you most of the time? Assume you're at oh say.. 1.6k HP outside abyssea. The mobs hitting you for 200ish, you're WHM is waiting for you to take a couple hits to cure, or maybe they do love to keep you topped off. Who knows, depends on the healers.

Do you die from those static melee hits? No, you don't, normally a PLD drops because of a spike of damage when the healer was either being lazy, or was letting you get a bit lower before tossing you a heal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being PLD main since pretty much January of the first year of NA release, I certainly remember magical spikes killing me about.. 75% more of the time than melee spikes.

Just food for thought.

Wait, really? So because someone is female nothing they say matters? Why, just wow. lol. Just funny since Kirscy is a girl and has pretty much come up with a great deal of what we know about the game today.

ITT: Taking a joke seriously.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:44:43  
You'd be shocked how many douches in this game think they are better because they have a penis.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-09 16:46:57  
Sylph.Kimble said:
You'd be shocked how many douches in this game think they are better because they have a penis.

I've generally accepted that 99% of the people that exist are idiots, ***, or douchebags.

I haven't found that 1% that isn't one of the above, but I'm leaving some margin for error.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:47:06  
Quote:

Kyokaku, was it?

Just food for thought.

Who takes girls seriously? I'm a fruit loop :o

What kills me most of the time... Hmm...
Truthfully, the mage behind me is a pretty big factor. I like to live in a world where i rely on my teammates, and if they have bad connections that night, or they get aggro, low mp, whatever, usually thats about what does me in.

Have i ever died from a straight melee hit? If we're all petrified i guess. But i guess the answer you're looking for is - No. Most times, I'm killed through a massive tp move or a spell

Here's the thing. Lets assume i do have, say, 1.6k HP.

Lets assume "Big monster name here" readies a spell to hit me for 3k damage unresisted. Now, i am the proud owner of a capped MDT set, witht he inclusion of shell 5, so that spell would probably hit me for 1.5k assuming i don't have any bar spells or carols on or any of that sentinel song bards got. Thats all variables.

Up until this update, that would do the very same damage to you.

But lets assume, just for a moment, that the monster can't hit that high. No, let's say he can hit for... 1,000.

So i'll take 500, and even if you take 0 damage with the almighty aegis with se's new fix, theres still more fighting to be done!

While i'm over here blocking every melee hit perfectly, and you block 1/2-2/3rd of them, our HP's are probably gonna look really similar in a few moments, right?

(cause mobs have a time period before they cast, let us not forget).

So lets assume we're solo, by the way. We're taking damage, and we cure ourselves. Lots and lots and lots of cures.

I'm getting mp back every block, you are not.

So as long as mr. monster here dosen't start chainspelling blizzard 5, i think i've won that fight over you.

The point - Aegis is probably better on Magic casting mobs
Ochain is better on physical ones

Wait... they are situational?

(I'm trying really hard to let my sarcasm and humor shine through)
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-09 16:47:37  
ITT: Butthurt Aegis owners.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-05-09 16:49:49  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ya, Ochain should let you /war pretty much anything and this would be a decent damage increase.
Should of been /war in the first place.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 16:53:07  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:
Excal will be back.
No way SE is going to let that sword be 2nd best anything for much longer. If deals 1/4th hp ever procs as much as empyreans ODD, its over. Nothing standing in excal's way. be a *** truck rolling over all these volkswagon beetles

If ONLY you could generate emnity from those massive hits...
if you could, /toss Almace

Hitting 500-600 a swing outside of abyssea? Zomg lol
you had issues holding hate outside abyssea? zomgorzlolz

and for your info, ask ANY excal pld if they ever had enmity issues. While its true the 1/4th HP does not generate any enmity, people like you, yes the window shoppers, failed to realize that excal had low delay, high base dmg. Meaning a marchx2 excal PLD swinging away on Tiamat and making her moaaan with pleasure didn't need to do ***else to keep hate.
Also, it changed a 6 man cerb/khim/tiamat/nid fight from a 30 minute slow paced fight into a 5-10 minute modern abyssean post-proc zerg fest.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-09 16:54:35  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:
Excal will be back.
No way SE is going to let that sword be 2nd best anything for much longer. If deals 1/4th hp ever procs as much as empyreans ODD, its over. Nothing standing in excal's way. be a *** truck rolling over all these volkswagon beetles

and for your info, ask ANY excal pld if they ever had enmity issues. While its true the 1/4th HP does not generate any enmity, people like you, yes the window shoppers, failed to realize that excal had low delay, high base dmg. Meaning a marchx2 excal PLD swinging away on Tiamat and making her moaaan with pleasure didn't need to do ***else to keep hate.

wut?
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-09 16:55:05  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:
Excal will be back.

what about the ones wearing hauticlaires waiting for the big boys to die?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-09 16:56:33  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Wouldn't Ochain + Almace allow you to pretty much drop /NIN and use a more offensive oriented sub like PLD/WAR again?

No one questions a PLDs ability to tank. Its more the flaw in the system that all fights over time will have all dds being capped on hate, thus, making who ever is doing the most damage truly tanking the mob.

Honestly if you have a almace on PLD and you're that gung-ho to PLD in abyssea, then PLD/NIN and Almace/Magian Multi Attack is going to keep hate more than either shield lol.

SO you use Almace/Multi Attack sword? I thought it was understand that most of the multi hit weapons through trials are mostly crap? Wouldn't the DA sword be generally better for off-hand?

Enlight procs make higher multihit weapons more desirable in most situations. Otherwise you'd likely be right. If you let enlight run out before recasting you are gaining 25~ dmg/hit on average and you're swinging that much more frequently. So overall you aren't losing much if anything from regular melee swings, but you're gaining weaponskill frequency.
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 16:56:58  
I think its descended to

ITT:PLDs cant tank without Aegis
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-09 16:57:13  
Sylph.Quiznor said:
I think its descended to

ITT:PLDs cant tank without Aegis

or sattva rings
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:57:42  
Quote:

I am so sick of random people taking stabs at me on here lol.

Window shopper?! You imply i want the sword in the first place.

People like me?

I swear to god relic holders need to come off thier little dream pedistol and join the rest of the people. Whatever, i'm an idiot for using empyrean, i get it. I'm an idiot for not abusing a LS to get a slightly useful sword. I'm Sorry.

Is this what you want me to say?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-09 16:58:54  
i'm still kinda wondering about these plds keeping hate from meleeing tiamat. makes me feel like my plds were slacking back in the day.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:59:22  
Yes, Excalibur was a very game changing piece for a good pld who knew that focusing purely on defense wasn't the way the go.

Even with that, it falls behind an Almace atm.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-09 16:59:30  
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
depends what you're fighting. you can't block FiragaIV, Meteor... unless you own an aegis. zing

Pretty sure you can,its called Shell V and MDT gear.Up until this update,it blocked the same amount as your Aegis.
correct me if im wrong, but didnt pld have access to a plethora of mdb gear already, so if you had an aegis and shell, couldnt you use mdb gear over mdt gear or still achieve full haste without gimping your magic resistance?
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 16:59:44  
Cerberus.Jinz said:
its very simple.
Aegis and Ochain are both good shields.
Ochain is like a big pair of titts in a bra. It looks nice and entices you. But once you've had your touch, and realize just how flabby they are, with no form or firmness to them, you become disgusted.

Aegis is the opposite. It takes a true owner of superior taste and knowledge around a woman's undies to know that while these titts may not be huge, you've been around the block enough times to know that they are bigger than they look when the bra falls off, and that they are soft yet firm, yeilding and reactive to the master's touch.

Ochain is for the boys, who might suffer from premature ejaculation.
Aegis is where the men are.

Aegis also shares another thing in common with your analogy. You'll never touch either one unless you shell out rl cash for them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-09 16:59:52  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
i'm still kinda wondering about these plds keeping hate from meleeing tiamat. makes me feel like my plds were slacking back in the day.

chainspell stun so he never flies, was more secret than the modus veritas conspiracy
 Cerberus.Jinz
By Cerberus.Jinz 2011-05-09 17:00:27  
you do realize that Blazed no longer exists per say, since first day of 85 cap, and the name has changed?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-09 17:02:40  
Cerberus.Jinz said:
you do realize that Blazed no longer exists per say, since first day of 85 cap, and the name has changed?

you do realize noone cares
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-09 17:02:40  
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

chainspell stun so he never flies, was more secret than the modus veritas conspiracy

and what's the point of that? we use to have drks who would soul eater kclub him when he landed, but that has nothing to do with plds keeping hate with excal. if your cs stunning your zerging. otherwise you sleep it on the ground cause it's easier for the pld to handle while it's in the air.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 17:03:40  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

here's how you moron. touchdown>melee>rape>ws> takes about 20 seconds if you have a well geared excal PLD buffed right before she flies again. The amount of hate generated from forcing tiamat to take off in less than 2 mins will last you till the next touchdown providing you're not a total tool * i have my doubts about you* and have a good barfire set where you take anywhere between 9-30 dmg
 Phoenix.Gustavve
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-05-09 17:03:53  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

Your plds didn't melee tia? Please tell me you didn't sleep on the ground?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-09 17:04:26  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
I dont know how enmity works

weknowthis
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 17:06:44  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

and what's the point of that? we use to have drks who would soul eater kclub him when he landed, but that has nothing to do with plds keeping hate with excal. if your cs stunning your zerging. otherwise you sleep it on the ground cause it's easier for the pld to handle while it's in the air.
oh lord. sleep tiamat on the ground.. wtf is this ***, terra staff tactics?
Even if your PLDs are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and can't sub nin, don't know how to merit sentinel and hit their Sentinel JA incase they are /war, you can still have BLMs rotate stuns on the ground and use that time to strip away her HP.
did you grow up in abyssea?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-09 17:07:27  
my blms could always bring it down from the air. pld use cure cheats and flash to hold hate. nuke crazy bring it down, rest mp. if we had a kraken dark who was bored we'd let them play around to make it go faster, but for the most part we would low man so yeah we slept it on the ground a lot.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8