フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis + Burtgang Buff
Aegis + Burtgang Buff
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-09 14:02:07  
I Really hate being the guy to ***in everyone's Cheerios, But unless they're adding mobs that do nothing but Spam spells and Magical TP moves, Ochain is still better in most situations, right?
By Zeyphr 2011-05-09 14:03:38  
Im sure burtang will still have a place, but imo ochain will still outrule aegis in most situations
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 14:05:58  
Isn't the change to Burtang really meh considering you'd want to be using Almace?
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-09 14:06:01  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I Really hate being the guy to ***in everyone's Cheerios, But unless they're adding mobs that do nothing but Spam spells and Magical TP moves, Ochain is still better in most situations, right?
lol I was about to piss in the cheerios, but you beat me to it.

Until Aegis can recreate the "hundred shields" video located elsewhere, Ochain will always be king by miles.
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 14:11:43  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Isn't the change to Burtang really meh considering you'd want to be using Almace?

Granted we're not using Atonement in Abyssea,but Vorpal Blade can pull good numbers easy on PLD in there.With the game semi-coming back outside and with god knows what for the future its a toss up.All that extra enmity on burtgang is nice yes,and eventually it'll be a hate cap situation but we'll have to see how the new stuff now and in the future pans out.

Personally I'm hoping PLD tanking will be the norm again.
The void walker thing makes me think it might be on the come back but at the same time I cant fully understand if it lets us use atma (or some new buff similar) or not.

Reason I say this is I remember back before Abyssea,not to say NIN/SAM/MNK tanks werent semi compitent tanks,but without some of the atmas most people take for granted now a days they werent as consistantly 100% as viable as they are now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 14:16:38  
Well, Chant du Cygne is still better than Vorpal Blade and the aftermath is still going to weight heavily in favor of Almace.

Even before abyssea, PLD tanking was a thing of ages past. Even with this update, I don't see PLD coming the for front unless other changes are made. PLD still wont be able to keep hate off of DD so will still be best to just let a DD tank.

MNK, SAM, NIN were always able to tank as well, just a lot of people believed they needed a PLD for everything because most linkshells were ran by PLDs.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-09 14:17:52  
Who the *** cares. Enjoy the buffs or don't. You're acting like the people here happy for the buff don't also have Empyrean Mnk/Nin/War/etc.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-09 14:18:55  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Who the *** cares. Enjoy the buffs or don't. You're acting like the people here happy for the buff don't also have Empyrean Mnk/Nin/War/etc.

Not that serious.

Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Woah, slow down there turbo, just have a discussion over the changes, no reason to get upset about it.

Discussion is irrelevant bro, Either Praise it or GTFO of the thread.

(notice how no one complained with everyone splooged, but when people come and discuss possible Pros/Cons, We get angered responses).
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 14:19:07  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Woah, slow down there turbo, just have a discussion over the changes, no reason to get upset about it.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 14:20:07  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Well, Chant du Cygne is still better than Vorpal Blade and the aftermath is still going to weight heavily in favor of Almace.

Even before abyssea, PLD tanking was a thing of ages past. Even with this updates, I don't see PLD coming the for front unless other changes are made. PLD still wont be able to keep hate off of DD so will still be best to just let a DD tank.

Admittedly when typing pretty much everything in this thread I did forget about the aftermath on Almace and how that skyrockets DoT + hate.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-05-09 14:20:12  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
No.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-09 14:21:08  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
No.

Okay :) Enjoy your update to its fullest ^^
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-05-09 14:22:06  
Why does everyone act like Aegis doesn't block lol..45-60% block rate 75% -DT while blocking..Stacked with Reprisal and/or Shield Gear its still very good
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-05-09 14:22:47  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Why does everyone act like Aegis blocks 0 dmg lol..45-60% block rate 75% -DT while blocking..Stacked with Reprisal and/or Shield Gear its still very good

I don't think anyone is denying Aegis is an amazing Shield.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-05-09 14:25:05  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Why does everyone act like Aegis blocks 0 dmg lol..45-60% block rate 75% -DT while blocking..Stacked with Reprisal and/or Shield Gear its still very good

I know this but most people think Aegis doesn't block at all, its quite annoying.
By Zeyphr 2011-05-09 14:27:47  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:

I know this but most people think Aegis doesn't block at all, its quite annoying.

Agree with u there, most people just look at numbers. 95% block over 45-60%. Still, people with aegis might not wanna work on ochain crazily, SE HAVE to do something to PLD to bring it back to life
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 14:28:58  
I think what alot of people seem to be forgetting is that they're both very good shields.Both sides are guilty of the "my shield is better!" to an extent.Aegis is a good shield,it blocks a huge chunk of MDT,it has a good block rate and blocked damage reduction.Ochain has a great block rate and blocked damage reduction and a nice extra effect on blocked hits as well as VIT for this new crit update,the "trade off" is that it has 0 magical defense uses.Granted we had capped MDT without aegis and before ochain,but thats not the point.They're both very good shields,regardless of the cost/work to get them and how the job is viewed now a days.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-09 14:29:01  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
It's not that it doesn't block at all, it's that it doesn't block enough.
45-60% is not enough to do this:

So again, till Aegis turns a PLD into the top DD in a fight like Ochain does, it'll be nice... but not best.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 14:35:04  
Damnit... I didn't want to have to go *** mode

Quote:
Granted we're not using Atonement in Abyssea,but Vorpal Blade can pull good numbers easy on PLD in there.With the game semi-coming back outside and with god knows what for the future its a toss up.All that extra enmity on burtgang is nice yes,and eventually it'll be a hate cap situation but we'll have to see how the new stuff now and in the future pans out.

Personally I'm hoping PLD tanking will be the norm again.
The void walker thing makes me think it might be on the come back but at the same time I cant fully understand if it lets us use atma (or some new buff similar) or not.

Reason I say this is I remember back before Abyssea,not to say NIN/SAM/MNK tanks werent semi compitent tanks,but without some of the atmas most people take for granted now a days they werent as consistantly 100% as viable as they are now.

Atonement isn't even good outside of abyssea anymore. At best, you can hit 750 (excluding the cerb mobs, the holy circle thing). At best, i can hit 1.5-2k with CDC outside of abyssea. inside, there is no comparison whatsoever.

Vorpal Blade... don't make me lol.

Burtgang is all cool and stuff, but honestly... you can have damage taken -50% on it, but if you can't get hate aside from flash and a really bad ws based on hate in the first place, i don't know what to tell you.

I am on the fence about Aegis. I'm about 3 days from completing Ochain, but all the data i've seen on it is just... too good. Everything Ochain does is what you want pld to do.

Even if i can only reduce magic damage 50% through gear and shell, i can always block and have infinite MP.

In my opinion, Almace + Ochain > Burtgang and Aegis.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-05-09 14:38:15  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

I'm going to have to disagree there. Aegis PLDs will live longer and do their jobs better, end of story. What if Aegis PLDs can reach 90% MDT, they would be taking nothing for magical lol. Also with physical gear Aegis pld's don't take much. There is no debate here. Ochain PLDs are more vulnerable to magic obviously, only being able to reach 50% thats even if they have a MDT set.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 14:40:18  
I can do about 3~3.5k Vorpals on PLD inside abyssea,not exactly something to lol about.Sure its no CDC but its still a chunk of damage to get hate fast.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-09 14:40:59  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Damnit... I didn't want to have to go *** mode In my opinion, Almace + Ochain > Burtgang and Aegis.
I'm going to have to disagree there. Aegis PLDs will live longer end of story.
You're wrong. Aegis is in the same position as every other relic out there. The position of "why haven't you gotten an empy yet you *** gimp?" End of story.

note: not saying YOU personally haven't gotten an empy, saying empys have replaced relics wholesale.
By Zeyphr 2011-05-09 14:42:34  
Gotta agree with Konvict on alot of his points. Yes Ochain is an amazing shield almost nullfying all damage around 90% of the time. But alot of NMs like dragua and azdaja can kick you majorly with magic if not careful. So really aegis still has its place if used correctly, since back in the day PLD's use to hit high PDT %'s. I think a lot of PLDs just chucked aside their job without any consideration
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-09 14:43:58  
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

I'm going to have to disagree there. Aegis PLDs will live longer and do their jobs better, end of story. What if Aegis PLDs can reach 90% MDT, they would be taking nothing for magical lol. Also with physical gear Aegis pld's don't take much. There is no debate here. Ochain PLDs are more vulnerable to magic obviously, only being able to reach 50% thats even if they have a MDT set.

because everyone is having so much trouble staying alive
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-05-09 14:45:23  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

Ok point taken but still, some mobs are just nasty on the magical side and requires a lot more healing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 14:46:14  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

couldnt help it,sorry lol

(dont know how to embed ;-;)
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-09 14:47:15  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Damnit... I didn't want to have to go *** mode In my opinion, Almace + Ochain > Burtgang and Aegis.
This.

You're missing the entire point konvict. It's not about survivability or magic dmg reduction vs physical dmg reduction shields.

Ochain does something for PLD that Aegis cannot: makes it a competant DD on par if not better than MNK and/or NIN. You know, the jobs that have "replaced" us. MOAR MDT ON AEGIS~ is not the answer to this problem.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 14:47:40  
Quote:
Also with physical gear Aegis pld's don't take much. There is no debate here. Ochain PLDs are more vulnerable to magic obviously, only being able to reach 50% thats even if they have a MDT set.

Physically, there is no comparison. Ochain > Aegis. That is fact.

Magically, you're correct. Aegis is a superior shield. But there are other factors implimented here.

How easy is it to cap MDT gear? like 200k on the AH?

PTD-? Af3+2 Pieces, Defending ring, much harder to come by things (at least they were, Lol Poppable KB)

Additionally, the choice of SJ will greatly adjust opinions too. Generally on very difficult NMs, it dosent matter how much damage you take, you want to blink the big tp moves.

I don't dissagree that taking 0 damage from a spell isn't amazing. That we'll have to see what SE decides to do with it.

I like Aegis. I like Ochain. I don't doubt the strengths or potentials of either, honestly.

Burtgang has issues, just for simple hate generation reasons. And i'll say, if you have Ochain, you don't really need Burtgang.

Idk how you pull off 3.5k vorpal blades. No one in my vent i just asked has ever produced one so high (without rare all triple attack procs and all hits critical).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8