フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Crytone
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Crytone
By Leviathan.Crytone 2012-01-23 11:41:45  
Decided to go and play around in sea a bit yesterday. Used Falcorr to change things up and see how the new pet works. Not much has really changed though.

Temperance:
He just was NOT playing nice the 2 times I fought him yesterday. I think he was in slashing mode maybe a handful of times both fights - staying mostly in blunt mode the first fight and mix of blunt/piercing the second.

Interesting note is that I soon discovered that Back Heel is blunt damage (I had no idea before, wiki confirmed it). So I tried to use that if Falcorr had TP and JoT was in blunt mode.

Because of my bad luck I changed my strat slightly. before I used to stand back and let the pet do most the work but this time I dug out my Twilight Knife, TPed on the local trash mobs and Exenterator/snarl on JoT when it was piercing. Worked pretty well. If you try this, make sure you have some way of removing poison as JoT has a TP move (while in piercing mode) that has a rather potent poison that CAN kill you if you aren't careful.

Ix'Mnk: Fought 3 times using Falcorr. 3 organs x2 and had 2 spare organs so did a 2 organ kill also. Both were fairly easy. 2 organ I won't even discuss since it's just a derivation of the 3 organ fight.

Started by clearing the room of Aerns and saving TP while doing so. Upon pop, I put Falcorr on Ix'Mnk while I hit 1 Qn'Aern a few times, switched to the other Qn'Aern and used TP (ie- Ruinator) on it. Then I'd snarl any hate onto Falcorr then continue killing the Qn'Aern I just WS'ed. Just keep an eye on Falcorr's health (and your own too) but not too bad overall. After I killed the first Qn I'd work on the other one. Just remember to snarl periodically.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-02-03 18:28:37  
I looked all over thread and found some info on multiple, not solo, BSTs doing Lost Fairy Ring, so with that im wondering, is it solo-able now (with all the standard gear needed, of course), im tempted to try this out tomorrow and would like to know what im going to be dealing with, thanks.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 18:29:41  
You'll get your *** kicked back to Lv75. 6 BST minimum, and even then you'd be very hard pressed to win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-02-03 18:36:54  
Well damn, i was lead to believe by someone it was, i just wanted confirmation, so i guess its not lol, thanks for the quick reply
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 18:38:14  
Fairy Ring is solo'able because pets resist the breath. Lost Fairy Ring's level makes him comparable to Fairy Ring at 75 cap.

Also, np.
By Xilk 2012-02-03 21:27:45  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Fairy Ring is solo'able because pets resist the breath. Lost Fairy Ring's level makes him comparable to Fairy Ring at 75 cap.

Also, np.
I haven't fought lost fairy ring at 99, but he was not doable by bst at level 95, and I doubt much has change. BST was mostly worthless during that fight. He chews thru bst pets. frog kick for 2.6k and spams the breath. breath was nicely resisted by louise.. and perhaps louise would work better now since they fixed the stats.. but proceed w/ caustion. if you get hit w/ breath, you are likely dead.

I could put corrosive ooze on NM, then the most help I could do was to zombie dd it w/ twilight set on while smn's whittled it away.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-10 03:09:43  
Recently tried JoL BSTx2, fairly easy fight.

Pets: Falcorr x2
Strategy:
JoL's nukes aren't very painful w/ aug'd anwig w/ pet:DT-10%, and a shephard's chain, Selemnus belt. DT- isn't really necessary though, atleast the MDT- part of if, as one Falcorr had a huge interruption rate on JoL, two Falcorr's prevented 95% of his casts. His full strength regen was beaten by a single Falcorr, two Falcorr's crushes him. As for pets, when summoned have a falcorr come off and kill them quickly. Nothing else really worth mentioning, his TP abilities arent anything special really, I guess if a fluorescence melee hit lands could be painful, barrage damage is reduced to lolzy levels w/ two pets close and the poison isn't too serious with Reward's regen active.
By missdivine 2012-02-10 04:09:01  
Bismarck.Nooblet said: »
Thanks for the horns of war tip, did it myself with Gooey was a walk in the park.

Has anyone any experience with Sea bosses?

Jailer of Fortitude
Jailer of Faith - Soloable by bst using dipper, and about 4 theta's. No special gear. Avoid breakga.
Jailer of Hope
Jailer of Love
Jailer of Prudence
Jailer of Temperance

There is justice as well but I have that neck but im sure any info for other bsts would be helpful.
all jailers is bst soloable with dipper yuli and the usual pdt gear, just make sure u get tp on pet when doing justice and prudence for aoe the adds with moisom powder, didn't tried love yet because it always get zerged by shout alliances
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-02-10 08:34:33  
Bismarck.Nooblet said: »
Not a hard solo, just posting so people know it can be done.

Full -pdt set, 1 Dipper, about 5 Zetas solo'd Animated Shield np. Just be carefull with ga sleep.

Frenzy Sallet says hi.

No proper soloing BST should leave their Mog house without it.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-02-22 13:56:42  
Idk if it's been posted, but a bandwagon bst can solo Tethra with great caution, as long as you can solo some ignis djinn aggro, you're good to go. :D. What are good pets for each element? Cause I'm pretty new to bst so I'm confused on all these. D:
By Zothane 2012-02-27 04:28:28  
Has anyone managed to solo Jailer of Fortitude on BST? I hear he's highly resistant to melee and I was wondering if any 99 cap pets can put a dent in him now?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-02-27 06:02:12  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
Idk if it's been posted, but a bandwagon bst can solo Tethra with great caution, as long as you can solo some ignis djinn aggro, you're good to go. :D. What are good pets for each element? Cause I'm pretty new to bst so I'm confused on all these. D:

Going by ffxiclopedia and Enemy types:

Dipper Yuly (Wind Elemental)
Fatso Fargunn, Dapper Mac, Discreet Louise and Gooey Gerard (Water Elemental)
Mailbuster Cetas (Darkness Elemental)
Swift Sieghard (Fire Elemental)

Possible strengths (as per family) - not tested, or verified.
Gorefang Hobs (Ice)
Bloodclaw Shashra or Crafty Clyvonne (thunder)
Flowerpot Merle (light)
Discreet Louise (dark)
Faithful Falcorr (light)
Crude Raphie (Seems quite strong to all elements)
 Bahamut.Ayasha
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2012-02-27 13:23:31  
Zothane said: »
Has anyone managed to solo Jailer of Fortitude on BST? I hear he's highly resistant to melee and I was wondering if any 99 cap pets can put a dent in him now?

It is definitely soloable. The biggest concern with Fortitude is Vorpal Blade, which can do a moderate amount of damage to a pet if all hits land (hit between 100-700 damage to Falcorr), and it spams it a LOT. I just duo'd this guy over the weekend using 2x Falcorr's (Mine was the only one to take enough hate to get hit), but since the pets were only doing 10 damage per hit at the most, the strategy is the same while solo. The key to winning this fight, barring a 10 hour win-by-atrophy endurance match, is BST/RDM or /DNC and spamming Aeolian Edge and Snarl whenever you have TP. JoF will take full damage from elemental WSs (from what I experienced at least). Falcorr's Choke Breath was also doing ~150 damage. With this in mind, I'm sure a pet with a higher damage elemental skill would have better results.

Altogether, the fight took roughly 30 minutes, so it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes solo. Only 1 Falcorr used per BST, and I used up a stack of Thetas and Zetas. I used Twilight Knife, -10% Anwig Salade, ACP and ASA pieces, Monster Gloves, and generic store bought gear for the rest. Twilight Knife helps if you need the trickle of HP/MP/TP, but not necessary. Hope this helps.
 Veg
By Veg 2012-03-01 13:00:34  
On JoF taking damage from elematal WSs would couldsplitter or primal rend work as well? I don't have the dagger ws and was curious.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-03-01 14:21:07  
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-03 07:37:25  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Just wondering if anyone has soloed Nidhogg? Havent seen anyone in this thread mention it. Probably going to give it a try soon as I buy a pop item. If so, any pointers, other than toss dawn mulsims? Oh even though I say solo, I'll prolly make a thief friend tag along to poke it a few times.

There was a reply to this comment back in October saying that it could be done (more of a theoretical nod). Has anyone tried this and what would be the best pet? Thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-03 07:47:25  
Odin.Upbeat said: »

You just made my day.
By missdivine 2012-03-03 07:48:08  
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone has soloed Nidhogg? Havent seen anyone in this thread mention it. Probably going to give it a try soon as I buy a pop item. If so, any pointers, other than toss dawn mulsims? Oh even though I say solo, I'll prolly make a thief friend tag along to poke it a few times.

it have been done back on cap 90 with dipper yuli
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-03 07:51:43  
missdivine said: »
Quote:

it have been done back on cap 90 with dipper yuli

Thanks for the info. How much rewarding can I plan on doing? I only have -pdt axes atm, will those suffice?
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-03 07:52:57  

Upbeat, how much of your strat was dependent on Aymur. Do you feel it can be done without a relic weapon of any kind?
By missdivine 2012-03-03 08:00:09  
that was very nice , also it seems very easy
do you have acp body and anwig selade? i noticed that you missing pdt axes and stuff
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-03-03 08:15:07  
Fenrir.Divinian said: »

Upbeat, how much of your strat was dependent on Aymur. Do you feel it can be done without a relic weapon of any kind?
Aymur defenitly helped a lot killing it this way, I'm sure it would be possible without it, but you would probably need more Dawn Mulsum.

However, in my long version:
as long as you have PDT axes you should be 100% fine.

I'm typing this on my phone right now so replies might take a long time =/
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-03-03 08:16:17  
missdivine said: »
that was very nice , also it seems very easy
do you have acp body and anwig selade? i noticed that you missing pdt axes and stuff
I do not. I didn't use a PDT axes so I could put out more damage since the regen is so high and taking damage wasn't really that big of an issue.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-03 08:19:29  
Fenrir.Divinian said: »

Aymur defenitly helped a lot killing it this way, I'm sure it would be possible without it, but you would probably need more Dawn Mulsum.

However, in my long version:
as long as you have PDT axes you should be 100% fine.

I'm typing this on my phone right now so replies might take a long time =/

Thanks for the reply! I am currently watching the long version and its intense dude. Seems doable for me though as long as I can keep track of all that's going on. Awesome job.
By joelchiquito 2012-03-04 08:28:38  
it looks very easy to do on bst, once again .. this video show that there is no job better than bst for solo, not nin or pld, not even rdm, much better than watching a video of shinryu being soloed with crap loads of items / frantics drinks/abyssea buffs
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-04 10:49:36  
It'd be a trivial solo for paladin.^

Nice job Upbeat, as usual.
 Bismarck.Artanticos
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-03-05 09:58:30  
Couldn't really find what I was looking for from searching but what setup should be used for Isgebind solos on bst?
 Shiva.Behemuthxero
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Behemuthxero 2012-03-11 23:46:59  
After seeing Upbeat's solo I decided I was tired of the Inventory -4 and decided to duo Kirin. I figured if he could solo it me and my partner could duo it.

To be honest we didn't really prepare all that much. Crafted some pet food and a couple mulsums. I used three in total and she didn't use any. No HP potions or poison potions either. I honestly wasn't planning on winning, lol.

The plan was that I would hold Kirin while she killed the summons. I was going to help melee them down while my pet tanked in the background. My biggest fear was Astral Flow and Suzaku. She used Swift Sieghard, my thinking was for Manafont as he is the only pet I know of with fire resist. I used Gooey Gerard. The raptor didn't hold up well at all. Two deadly holds and it was at 20%~ So I told her to just pull a slug. Gooey worked much better. We got him down to 45% before he two houred, doing 477 dmg her her and about 270 to me, pets took under 100.

The first summon was Seiryu. My partner pulled her pet to heel it in order to move Seiryu away from me and Kirin. Unfortunately, the raptor had not yet hit Seiryu and he hit her with a deadly dive at the same time Kirin turned and hit her with heat breath. So she went down. Reraised up then just sent her pet in on Seiryu while I melee'd it down.

Some Screenies:

Overall it was a pretty easy fight. Killed Seiryu and then Genbu came out. Pretty much just ignored him and finished Kirin. You have alot more time before he summons and inbetween his summons than you think. Ruinator was doing between 1370-2300, and my Ruinator set is above average but not stellar. Pet food Zeta, I found, was just barely falling behind in terms of keeping HP up. I was riding the reward timer a couple times but that was it. Switched to theta and things went very smoothly. I probably wouldn't have use Mulsums if I had used Theta from the start.

Oh and right as my partner whined "Damn it no TH!" This happened...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-12 00:13:56  
joelchiquito said: »
it looks very easy to do on bst, once again .. this video show that there is no job better than bst for solo, not nin or pld, not even rdm, much better than watching a video of shinryu being soloed with crap loads of items / frantics drinks/abyssea buffs

Oh look, its Emanuelle trying to take a jab at me with his mule *rolleyes*
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30