Advice/Suggestion On TP Builds.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Advice/Suggestion on TP Builds.
Advice/Suggestion on TP Builds.
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Vontri
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 13:04:51  

This is the set up I am working towards. The swords are the Double Attack and STR/Att. Magian Swords.

What I am curious or wondering about is if I am focusing too much on one thing and not another, or if I had the right idea.

The gear there that I don't have aren't that far from unattainable for me, but just things I haven't gotten yet.

**EDIT**

With this set up and Haste from either BLU or WHM I would get up to 100 TP every 31.5 seconds,baring casting interruptions(every 14 hits) (assuming all hits hit, and with this accuracy it seems like it wouldn't be a bad wager)

Changed other Magian Sword to the STR/Att. one

**EDIT**
By xenomasterkenshin 2010-09-20 13:22:39  
Assuming you eat sole sushi, i'd make the shamshir+1 with str, 2 if possible (but the DA sword isnt bad, you'll just have to WS not to waste tp).

Ammo the Mavi Tathlum is great and easy to get, head is perfect (im almost done with +1 and that already is great), neck-ears look good, body i'd work on af2 body or morrigan if u can, refresh fuels your BLU and if u use sushi, you'll have good acc (both examples also have acc on em).

Hands look good, i'd still use homam over that but both are great, rings if u need a bit more of acc, can dual acc+5 (sniper or wood) or the +7 versions (sniper +1 or toreador's). Can use the acc+8 ring from marvin too maybe (but careful with this, it hurts your melee dot with the -att).

Back Depends totally on your acc, sharpeye mantle if u need a good chunk of acc or cuchulain mantle, both are awesome for pure acc builds (and can abuse cuchulain on disseverment also).

Waist-legs-feet look great, im also almost done with blu legs +1 too, the +2 versions gonna take me a while to get sadly :<

Now to keep grinding blu!!

Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 13:32:23  
Mavi Tathlum for TPing? What would the Blu Magic Skill help with here?
[+]
By xenomasterkenshin 2010-09-20 14:16:36  
I'd full time maxi tathlum, 2 acc wont break the build much anyway and you should be casting more than Swinging since u can build TP the multi-hit sword.

Asura.Mlrage
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Mlrage 2010-09-20 14:44:30  
I'm not a BLU or anything, but the first thing I notice is what I assume is complete overkill on accuracy.

Assuming AF3+1 and the Dex Shamshir+1, you'd have
+60 Acc
+17 Sword skill

At the very least I'd trade out the Taranis for a refresh body.

I can't really give much more advice than that though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 14:47:01  
Unless you are trying to eat meat get less acc. And idk maybe some kind of refresh body...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 16:34:13  
Updated the original post with some more stats about this set up.
By xenomasterkenshin 2010-09-20 18:46:40  
Refresh body would be better more, you need a fast MP restoration to keep casting non stop really, most dmg from blu comes from there.
 Asura.Sope
user: sope
By Asura.Sope 2010-09-20 19:10:02  
Definitely an overkill on accuracy. You'd probably still be capped using sushi without wearing a body at all.

Try to get relic body for auto refresh. It's comfy and looks pretty.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 19:11:46  
Idle in morrigan's robe! It's fun times.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 19:18:17  
Anyways I'd probably homam hands a little higher, Obviously +2s on the af3, 6 haste belt if you can, str ring over acc,
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-20 19:39:37  
xenomasterkenshin said:
I'd full time maxi tathlum, 2 acc wont break the build much anyway and you should be casting more than Swinging since u can build TP the multi-hit sword.

No.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unless you are trying to eat meat get less acc. And idk maybe some kind of refresh body...
^

And don't bother with meat unless you're capping acc regardless, the trades are terrible.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Anyways I'd probably homam hands a little higher, Obviously +2s on the af3, 6 haste belt if you can, str ring over acc,
^
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 20:59:23  
When people say Capped Acc. What do they mean?

What accuracy total are you looking to achieve?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-20 21:09:50  
Carbuncle.Vontri said:

95% hit rate?
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 21:16:34  
<_< melee to spell damage ratio is almost 90% spell>10% melee now WS not counted because i push it into CA alot of the time.. so you can epeen all you want a blu with a good casting build will still out dmg you and all your ACC/haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-20 21:21:12  
Wouldn't a blu with a "good casting build" also have a good acc/haste build for TP as well?
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 21:22:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Wouldn't a blu with a good "casting build" also have a good acc/haste build for TP as well?
my haste build is like pink in hands legs and feet and i rape the JP blu in full homam

You can go for the crazy TP build but your damage wont spike as much as going for epeen casting set
 Asura.Sope
user: sope
By Asura.Sope 2010-09-20 21:22:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Wouldn't a blu with a "good casting build" also have a good acc/haste build for TP as well?

yup.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 21:25:39  
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

yup.

the majority do not. my friend fultimesish his casting set and rips me apart on everything we go to
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 21:32:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Vontri said:

95% hit rate?

Which would be at what Accuracy? As in what Number....
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-20 21:39:15  
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Vontri said:

95% hit rate?

Which would be at what Accuracy? As in what Number....

That depends on the enemy's evasion. Therefore, it depends on what you're fighting. It's not the same for every mob in the game...

One way to find out is to use something such as Kparser to parse your hit rate.

1 point of accuracy = 0.5 hit rate.
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 21:55:51  
Does anyone know what some of the higher evasion mob's evasion is then? Or even a good evasion to base things off of? 350? 400? lower? higher?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-20 22:00:32  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

yup.

the majority do not. my friend fultimesish his casting set and rips me apart on everything we go to
So you're getting beaten by a mediocre BLU?
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Does anyone know what some of the higher evasion mob's evasion is then? Or even a good evasion to base things off of? 350? 400? lower? higher?
Parsing is the best way to go about it, too many different monsters we fight these days to give a single target value. Multiple TP sets isn't a bad idea honestly?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 22:04:19  
It highly depends on your amount of refresh on ratio of melee to spell dmg.

Comparing abyssea you like 10+ refresh you probably have isn't exactly fair unless you always plan on doing that.

Nor can you properly compare when you are obviously neglecting your tp and/or ws sets
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 22:07:13  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

yup.

<.< that mediocre blu is who made all the math you base just about everything off

Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-09-20 22:12:14  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

yup.

Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Parsing is the best way to go about it, too many different monsters we fight these days to give a single target value. Multiple TP sets isn't a bad idea honestly?

LOL mediocre blue...
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 22:12:14  
This is purely a TP discussion really, I have a different set of gear that I cast in...

Dasva kinda said it in his last post.. losing 1mp/tic from a refresh body really isnt doing me much when I can get 16mp/tic from must refreshII in abyssea...

The reason why I asked for a ball park number is to know when I hit a good grounding point... I'm assuming the mob i am fighting is lvl 99 with 375 evasion, if I plan on hitting that reliably I should be okay right? Or is that setting the bar much higher than it needs to be?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-20 22:19:41  
Caitsith.Jar said:
<.< that mediocre blu is who made all the math you base just about everything off
orly
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Dasva kinda said it in his last post.. losing 1mp/tic from a refresh body really isnt doing me much when I can get 16mp/tic from must refreshII in abyssea...
It's doing more for you than Store TP given how little time you'll spend meleeing and certainly more than the accuracy given that you shouldn't need that at all. If you've got to much refresh, swapping atmas would be more efficient.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 22:28:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
orly
yearly
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-20 22:34:37  
Caitsith.Katas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

yup.

Carbuncle.Vontri said:

LOL mediocre blue...

If a BLU without a TP set isn't mediocre, is a SAM without a TP set not mediocre too? Not a perfect analogy but still...
First Page 2