フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » treasure hunter question
treasure hunter question
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-19 19:24:06  
Can you put TH on a mob if you use ninjutsu instead of melee/range attack?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-19 19:35:39  
Th is a myth
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-09-19 19:40:17  
Anything that will put you on the hate list of the mob will work. Even missing a ranged atk.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:01:27  
Wtf?

i dont understand,put TH on a mob?

its a trait so it's always active.so what do you mean by "put TH on the mob"

just curious
[+]
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-19 20:04:15  
TH only works if you main hand the thief knife and kill shot with an elemental weaponskill matching the day :o

Also taking off all your other gear helps >_>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:04:24  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Th is a myth

and as a 80 thf main i can agree here lmfao

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:05:47  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
TH only works if you main hand the thief knife and kill shot with an elemental weaponskill matching the day :o Also taking off all your other gear helps >_>

dam this ones the funnyest myth i heard :)
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-09-19 20:06:46  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Wtf?

i dont understand,put TH on a mob?

its a trait so it's always active.so what do you mean by "put TH on the mob"

just curious

Treasure hunter is a job trait that is only active when you have any level of enmity on a monster you are fighting. The only way treasure hunter "supposedly does something" is when you have hate on the monster so it'll attack you. Usually ranged attacks, or melee attacks is usually done for this. Also so does apparently healing within range. The OP is asking if using Ninjustu spells will do the same.

All.... for a placebo effect

I personally don't believe in treasure hunter. lol
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:07:51  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
you don't just exude treasure hunter everywhere you go lol it has to be applied to a mob, and if you dont have some form of enmity how can you be hunting treasure anyways

i dont understand you,but i can say if me and you are in a party im thf your whm i can stand and do nothing while you kill the mob and TH is active.also thf kill shot upping drop rate is myth too
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:11:17  
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Wtf? i dont understand,put TH on a mob? its a trait so it's always active.so what do you mean by "put TH on the mob" just curious
Treasure hunter is a job trait that is only active when you have any level of enmity on a monster you are fighting. The only way treasure hunter "supposedly does something" is when you have hate on the monster so it'll attack you. Usually ranged attacks, or melee attacks is usually done for this. Also so does apparently healing within range. The OP is asking if using Ninjustu spells will do the same. All.. for a placebo effect

supposedly ya :)

had to delete above post as miss quoted >.^

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:14:45  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
you don't just exude treasure hunter everywhere you go lol it has to be applied to a mob, and if you dont have some form of enmity how can you be hunting treasure anyways
i dont understand you,but i can say if me and you are in a party im thf your whm i can stand and do nothing while you kill the mob and TH is active.also thf kill shot upping drop rate is myth too
No. If your in a party with a thief that's afk or unmoving while standing, none of their traits will be applied to the mobs you kill. They designed it that way so you couldnt be in a huge zone with one thf an hour away and everyone getting th4

hmmm news to me that one.

so your saying if thf never pulls hate TH is not active?
if so that is mind ***
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-19 20:15:47  
THF needs to have some form of non-passive hate on a monster for TH to take effect.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:15:56  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
No. If your in a party with a thief that's afk or unmoving while standing, none of their traits will be applied to the mobs you kill. They designed it that way so you couldnt be in a huge zone with one thf an hour away and everyone getting th4

and if you loose hate TH is none active?

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:17:39  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
You don't need to be on the top of the enmity list no, you just need some form of it. I could be outside kazam and you fighting Vivian somewhere and get my th4 in theory, if they hadnt made this rule. completely unbalanced

interesting.

always thought it was active aslong as you with in xp range

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-09-19 20:19:59  
Thieves by nature, specialize in items/gil, why wouldn't they have better drop rates by simply existing? Imo, and mine only, Treasure Hunter is active 100% of the time, no matter what...

Magic Attack Bonus is calc'd 1% each point right? so Mag. Atk. Bonus +5
is +5% right?

Ok, why not Treasure Hunter be the same way? So TH2 + Knife + AF arms = TH4... so that's essentially +4%...

Would you ever notice or effectively calc 4% bonus with exact, determinable rates? I doubt it. I say it's always active, just so small a bonus it's hardly noticeable.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-19 20:20:39  
ah i see now this:

This effect will remain active as long as the person with this trait is in the party/alliance, on the hate list of the mob (performed some action on the mob to generate hate), and within experience points range. Some amount of enmity is retained after a player is KO'ed, and also per SE commentary, the treasure hunter effect will remain even after the player has been KO'ed.

please bare in mind tho i havent read up on TH since like years ago when i started thf as my main lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-09-19 20:25:17  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
Thieves by nature, specialize in items/gil, why wouldn't they have better drop rates by simply existing? Imo, and mine only, Treasure Hunter is active 100% of the time, no matter what...

Magic Attack Bonus is calc'd 1% each point right? so Mag. Atk. Bonus +5
is +5% right?

Ok, why not Treasure Hunter be the same way? So TH2 + Knife + AF arms = TH4... so that's essentially +4%...

Would you ever notice or effectively calc 4% bonus with exact, determinable rates? I doubt it. I say it's always active, just so small a bonus it's hardly noticeable.
Just because one is good at something, doesnt mean the people around him are. That's why the thf needs to be involved in some way. i.e enmity

Or by simply existing, in the same party... As I said, it's my opinion, and tbh there is no REAL proof... I can place enmity or not place any and test for hours and never see much a difference. Too many variables, too many drop rate differences, who really cares anymore lol. We know TH boosts drop rate, so why another discussion about it? OP coulda just read this same stuff on wiki.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 20:26:14  
Trait and +1 isn't the same. Trait means two extra chances. +1 means +1% increase in drop rate.

An item that has a 7% drop rate will only have one chance for it to drop to someone without TH. TH4 means there's 3 chances for it to drop and it now drops at 9% rate.

so it's kind've like:

No TH - 7%
TH4 - 27%(sort've, it's all luck lol. I guess it's a potential 27%)
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-09-19 20:30:42  
Asura.Tristean said:
Trait and +1 isn't the same. Trait means two extra chances. +1 means +1% increase in drop rate.

An item that has a 7% drop rate will only have one chance for it to drop to someone without TH. TH4 means there's 3 chances for it to drop and it now drops at 9% rate.

so it's kind've like:

No TH - 7%
TH4 - 27%(sort've, it's all luck lol. I guess it's a potential 27%)

I could see that, sort of like D&D rolls, you just get extra rolls/chances.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-19 21:04:12  
Asura.Tristean said:
Trait and +1 isn't the same. Trait means two extra chances. +1 means +1% increase in drop rate. An item that has a 7% drop rate will only have one chance for it to drop to someone without TH. TH4 means there's 3 chances for it to drop and it now drops at 9% rate. so it's kind've like: No TH - 7% TH4 - 27%(sort've, it's all luck lol. I guess it's a potential 27%)

What? Item drops are determined by dice rolls and have predefined slots they can drop in. It doesn't add new slots with those items in them.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:05:28  
You can have a slot for item to drop in and still have three chances for it to drop in the same slot lol.
First Page 2 3