users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » treasure hunter question
treasure hunter question
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-20 02:22:45  
chaosmite said:
Bahahahah oh my god... I seriously hope all these posts are a joke.
If they're not.. wow... just wow.

I must ask, What in sam hell are you going on about.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 07:13:22  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Wtf? i dont understand,put TH on a mob? its a trait so it's always active.so what do you mean by "put TH on the mob" just curious
where do they dig these people up

maybe out your arse iirc
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 07:16:34  
Asura.Tristean said:
Until SE says it's wrong... which they never will. It's not wrong.

this..

Theory..Theory..Theory and guess what?

more Theory so keep guessing because none of you are right as stated above muahaha
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 14:18:56  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:

i dont understand you,but i can say if me and you are in a party im thf your whm i can stand and do nothing while you kill the mob and TH is active.also thf kill shot upping drop rate is myth too

Please dont level thf, and if you already have, please retire it asap and delevel it to lv5.

SE have already said as much, that you have to be on the mobs hate list in order for TH to work.

You might as well say that it's enough that you're AFK in wg on THF and have your ls equipped, and everyone in your ls will have your TH in effect, just because they are in the same ls as you are.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 17:16:01  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
i dont understand you,but i can say if me and you are in a party im thf your whm i can stand and do nothing while you kill the mob and TH is active.also thf kill shot upping drop rate is myth too
Please dont level thf, and if you already have, please retire it asap and delevel it to lv5. SE have already said as much, that you have to be on the mobs hate list in order for TH to work. You might as well say that it's enough that you're AFK in wg on THF and have your ls equipped, and everyone in your ls will have your TH in effect, just because they are in the same ls as you are.

dude i know you from my server and you an ok guy but please read the part where i said i know you need hate for TH to work on page one where you must of missed my post

80thf main
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 17:17:22  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
ah i see now this: This effect will remain active as long as the person with this trait is in the party/alliance, on the hate list of the mob (performed some action on the mob to generate hate), and within experience points range. Some amount of enmity is retained after a player is KO'ed, and also per SE commentary, the treasure hunter effect will remain even after the player has been KO'ed. please bare in mind tho i havent read up on TH since like years ago when i started thf as my main lol

This Zanno is the post on page one i speak of :)
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 17:23:24  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Please dont level thf, and if you already have, please retire it asap and delevel it to lv5. SE have already said as much, that you have to be on the mobs hate list in order for TH to work. You might as well say that it's enough that you're AFK in wg on THF and have your ls equipped, and everyone in your ls will have your TH in effect, just because they are in the same ls as you are.

and hmm i might not have read up on TH since like 5 years ago when i 1st started my thf but no one is silly enough to think TH effects others in citys and towns or ls's >.> lol...i was talking about with in XP range.

then i went to wiki and read up after 5 years of not giving a toss about TH since their's no point in reading it over and over and corrected my self with the post above this one which is from the 1st page
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2010-09-20 17:44:55  
This might have been said already, but as I understand it, if the reroll theory is true, you will notice the increased drop rate more on items with higher drop rates.

For example, assume that the drop rate for Diorite is 1%. TH4 would give you 4 extra 1% chances to get the drop. It is really like killing the mob 5 times. With really low drop rates, I can see why people think that TH has a placebo Effect.

Now, if something has a 50% drop rate, then you will notice the increase more because essentially you will get the drop on almost every kill. Flip a coin 5 times, much better shot at getting heads than with only one flip.

Another thing that I think causes people to think there is a placebo effect is because they have the targeted drop rate wrong. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think wiki keeps track of whether or not any form of TH was used. Again, I could be wrong here, but I think the drop rate we see on wiki is just how many times it dropped vs. how many times the mob was killed, which doesn't represent the reroll theory (if, if course, that is how it works).

Finally, I am not claiming to KNOW this is how it works. I do in fact have TH4, but still won't make such concrete claims, even though from my experience the reroll idea does seem reasonable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-09-20 18:20:44  
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
This might have been said already, but as I understand it, if the reroll theory is true, you will notice the increased drop rate more on items with higher drop rates. For example, assume that the drop rate for Diorite is 1%. TH4 would give you 4 extra 1% chances to get the drop. It is really like killing the mob 5 times. With really low drop rates, I can see why people think that TH has a placebo Effect. Now, if something has a 50% drop rate, then you will notice the increase more because essentially you will get the drop on almost every kill. Flip a coin 5 times, much better shot at getting heads than with only one flip. Another thing that I think causes people to think there is a placebo effect is because they have the targeted drop rate wrong. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think wiki keeps track of whether or not any form of TH was used. Again, I could be wrong here, but I think the drop rate we see on wiki is just how many times it dropped vs. how many times the mob was killed, which doesn't represent the reroll theory (if, if course, that is how it works). Finally, I am not claiming to KNOW this is how it works. I do in fact have TH4, but still won't make such concrete claims, even though from my experience the reroll idea does seem reasonable.

agreed.

look at Moldy Buckler (1.6%)drop from gigas in upper tower lol.

i farmed that sucker with all forms of TH up to TH4 lol.farmed it for about 3 hours or more once with TH4 no drop,went back next day with TH3,killed one gigas got a Moldy Buckler (1.6%)lol,killed a second and got another Moldy Buckler (1.6%)all in the space of 5 minutes.these really do add to the frustrating placebo effect.

when farming items of such a low drop rate percentage IMO TH isnt that great,it's all luck based when you talking about anything up to a 10% drop rate.im not saying it dont help as obviously it do's,just i wont loose any sleep over how much TH fails at such low lvls.

same with bird banes,killed NM 29 times on THF
no drop,killed on smn due to lazyness and got drop 1/1 on smn lmao
Edit:Birdbanes (9.3%) drop rate
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-22 15:25:38  
I could have sworn the last true and detailed (to a fault) testing i read basically said TH1 was a 50% increase in drop rate, and TH2 was a 100% Increase.

I.E: Something has 10% Drop rate, with TH1 its +5%(50%) and 15%, with TH2 its +10%(100%) for +20% Total.

and that TH+1 armor added a straight +1% Drop rate to any and all items (Essentially being far far more valuable on low-drop rate items).

Could have read it wrong, i know it was on BG and met a bit of criticism but when i read over it it made sense and looked thorough =|
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-22 15:27:26  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I could have sworn the last true and detailed (to a fault) testing i read basically said TH1 was a 50% increase in drop rate, and TH2 was a 100% Increase.

I.E: Something has 10% Drop rate, with TH1 its +5%(50%) and 15%, with TH2 its +10%(100%) for +20% Total.

and that TH+1 armor added a straight +1% Drop rate to any and all items (Essentially being far far more valuable on low-drop rate items).

Could have read it wrong, i know it was on BG and met a bit of criticism but when i read over it it made sense and looked thorough =|

That's what I've followed. Each of the gear TH+ items just give +1% >.> It makes sense but it doesn't depends on which side of the coin you look at.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-22 16:04:35  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
This might have been said already, but as I understand it, if the reroll theory is true, you will notice the increased drop rate more on items with higher drop rates. For example, assume that the drop rate for Diorite is 1%. TH4 would give you 4 extra 1% chances to get the drop. It is really like killing the mob 5 times. With really low drop rates, I can see why people think that TH has a placebo Effect. Now, if something has a 50% drop rate, then you will notice the increase more because essentially you will get the drop on almost every kill. Flip a coin 5 times, much better shot at getting heads than with only one flip. Another thing that I think causes people to think there is a placebo effect is because they have the targeted drop rate wrong. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think wiki keeps track of whether or not any form of TH was used. Again, I could be wrong here, but I think the drop rate we see on wiki is just how many times it dropped vs. how many times the mob was killed, which doesn't represent the reroll theory (if, if course, that is how it works). Finally, I am not claiming to KNOW this is how it works. I do in fact have TH4, but still won't make such concrete claims, even though from my experience the reroll idea does seem reasonable.
agreed. look at Moldy Buckler (1.6%)drop from gigas in upper tower lol. i farmed that sucker with all forms of TH up to TH4 lol.farmed it for about 3 hours or more once with TH4 no drop,went back next day with TH3,killed one gigas got a Moldy Buckler (1.6%)lol,killed a second and got another Moldy Buckler (1.6%)all in the space of 5 minutes.these really do add to the frustrating placebo effect. when farming items of such a low drop rate percentage IMO TH isnt that great,it's all luck based when you talking about anything up to a 10% drop rate.im not saying it dont help as obviously it do's,just i wont loose any sleep over how much TH fails at such low lvls. same with bird banes,killed NM 29 times on THF no drop,killed on smn due to lazyness and got drop 1/1 on smn lmao Edit:Birdbanes (9.3%) drop rate
Killing Rose Garden for Vilma ring with all sorts of TH! The only TH I missed was Th2 but I had Th3 and Th4 many many times with no drop. I finally killed it with no TH and got the drop..I went 1/63 on a 9~% drop rate.

I'm starting a new conspiracy..TH works with Karma..if you're a little ***then you get ***drops.

Ohyeah lol@thedudewhothoughtTHwasactiveontheAFKthf.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-22 16:18:18  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
agreed. look at Moldy Buckler (1.6%)drop from gigas in upper tower lol. i farmed that sucker with all forms of TH up to TH4 lol.farmed it for about 3 hours or more once with TH4 no drop,went back next day with TH3,killed one gigas got a Moldy Buckler (1.6%)lol,killed a second and got another Moldy Buckler (1.6%)all in the space of 5 minutes.these really do add to the frustrating placebo effect. when farming items of such a low drop rate percentage IMO TH isnt that great,it's all luck based when you talking about anything up to a 10% drop rate.im not saying it dont help as obviously it do's,just i wont loose any sleep over how much TH fails at such low lvls. same with bird banes,killed NM 29 times on THF no drop,killed on smn due to lazyness and got drop 1/1 on smn lmao Edit:Birdbanes (9.3%) drop rate
Killing Rose Garden for Vilma ring with all sorts of TH! The only TH I missed was Th2 but I had Th3 and Th4 many many times with no drop. I finally killed it with no TH and got the drop..I went 1/63 on a 9~% drop rate.

I'm starting a new conspiracy..TH works with Karma..if you're a little ***then you get ***drops.

Ohyeah lol@thedudewhothoughtTHwasactiveontheAFKthf.

Sexy-math five!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-23 13:57:27  
Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
Magic Attack Bonus is calc'd 1% each point right? so Mag. Atk. Bonus +5 is +5% right?

It's really not.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-09-24 01:47:29  
Magic attack/defense check is calculated by dividing your total magic attack by the enemy's magical defense. Most enemies have 100 magic defense. You start with 100 magic attack without any equip/traits. But some enemies have more or less than 100 magic defense.

If they have 100 magic defense, and you have 100 magic attack, and then add a moldavite earring, you're now at 105/100, which is a 5% improvement. However, add a Novio earring, and your marginal increase is 112/105. Novio adds 7, but if you divide 105 into 112, you get a % improvement less than 7.(I'm not a mage but iirc this is how it works)

Of course there's going to always be provocative questioning as to exactly how drops are calculated until it's figured out. But I think you guys should check this recent thread by Enedin out:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/95489-TH-testing-final-results

They tried to analyze Enedin's test results (the best test on TH potency to-date), but it's a little confusing and I'm not sure if anything conclusive came of it.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2010-09-30 13:52:04  
Think of your party as a cup, and your amount of TH to fill that cup. You can have a lot of TH solo, but it's capped since there's only one in the party (you). You could then get a party or a whole alliance, but then the amount of TH compared to the amount of people would be off.

The obvious solution is to have an alliance of 17 THFs with max TH+ gear wait until the desired monster (Tiny Mandragora or whatever) is almost dead, and then invite the 18th member to get the drops (whoever has the highest /random from the alliance originally fighting the Tiny Mandragora). Just make sure each THF performs an action on the monster to get on the emnity list.

All that's left to do is enjoy your unlimited supply of Two-Leaf Mandragora Buds.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-30 13:54:45  
Asura.Karbuncle said:

So 100% drop items with any form of TH can drop two of them? :D