New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » treasure hunter question
treasure hunter question
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-19 21:06:47  
If that were true you'd notice a huge increase in drop rates by bringing a THF.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-19 21:08:18  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
If that were true you'd notice a huge increase in drop rates by bringing a THF.

I agree with this and I don't even know what's been said. I'm guessing the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE reroll theory people have?
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:09:15  
So you are saying you don't see an increase in drops in dynamis for example. A thfless run gets you hardly any currency and like one or two relics and probably no HQs.

TH4 comes in and tags everything, you suddenly have at least 2-4 currencies dropping on most mobs, 5-10 relics depending, 2-4 HQs typically.

IDK about you, but that's a pretty huge increase.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-19 21:10:41  
You're high.
[+]
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2010-09-19 21:12:00  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Any form of enmity is adequate, even healing near a mob while your party fights

*edit* gilfinder is the same. just by healing beside 20 gobs a friend of mine pulled as a thf75, much more gil dropped

Remember TH is only a chance that more(multiple drops) will drop, not exactly the rarity will increase.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-19 21:14:20  
.....wut
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:15:19  
So your thf is 37 and you're telling someone who has TH4 how drops work. Okay. And I'm high...
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-19 21:16:44  
I know math and am not a raving retard? Ahurpdurp
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-19 21:19:28  
Asura.Tristean said:
So you are saying you don't see an increase in drops in dynamis for example. A thfless run gets you hardly any currency and like one or two relics and probably no HQs. TH4 comes in and tags everything, you suddenly have at least 2-4 currencies dropping on most mobs, 5-10 relics depending, 2-4 HQs typically. IDK about you, but that's a pretty huge increase.

No, let's say a dynamis mob has 4 slots for currency, each at 10% chance of dropping. TH would increase that 10% to another value which is checked against all of those slots. Saying it rolls 3 times with TH2 is pretty much like saying killing one mob = killing it three times.
Asura.Shua said:
Remember TH is only a chance that more(multiple drops) will drop, not exactly the rarity will increase.

No, each mob has a predetermined drop list, you can't increase the amount of maximum drops. It's just + % chance of dropping.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-09-19 21:22:46  
Regardless of what everyone thinks of TH4, your a dumbass if you have access to it and don't use it.

I don't farm a mob w/o some form of TH, just makes sense to have a little boost.

Won't even bother with a NM i'm looking for drops from w/o TH.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:24:58  
What math are you basing yours off of because SE hasn't released anything math wise about it. There is math proving Dark's theory could be right and this is math proving my theory could be right and there's theories proving it's a placebo. Lol, it works let's just put it that way.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:29:17  
obviously, we're high and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-19 21:29:47  
Asura.Tristean said:
What math are you basing yours off of because SE hasn't released anything math wise about it. There is math proving Dark's theory could be right and this is math proving my theory could be right and there's theories proving it's a placebo. Lol, it works let's just put it that way.
Asura.Tristean said:
An item that has a 7% drop rate will only have one chance for it to drop to someone without TH. TH4 means there's 3 chances for it to drop and it now drops at 9% rate.

[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 21:39:56  
Until SE says it's wrong... which they never will. It's not wrong.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-19 21:42:52  
Well as a point for consideration, saying you get 3 rolls per kill is pretty much what the salvage exploit last year was. Though I'd be interested in seeing a source for your claim.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 22:05:01  
I think there's a guide on ffxiclopedia. I'll look later; I'm in dyna right now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-09-19 22:15:55  
There's no proof for how exactly TH(+) works. The generally accepted theory is the reroll thing, I.E. an item that has a 5% drop rate with th4, will give you an additional four chances at obtaining it. Don't see why everyone is whipping their *** out in this thread and ***-fighting when there's no solid proof for either argument. Chill the *** out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-19 22:19:00  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
There's no proof for how exactly TH(+) works. The generally accepted theory is the reroll thing, I.E. an item that has a 5% drop rate with th4, will give you an additional four chances at obtaining it. Don't see why everyone is whipping their *** out in this thread and ***-fighting when there's no solid proof for either argument. Chill the *** out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-19 22:57:27  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-09-19 23:01:17  
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
There's no proof for how exactly TH(+) works. The generally accepted theory is the reroll thing, I.E. an item that has a 5% drop rate with th4, will give you an additional four chances at obtaining it. Don't see why Tristean and Serj are whipping their *** out in this thread and ***-fighting when there's no solid proof for either argument. Chill the *** out.

sorry needed correction
[+]
 Valefor.Bladerah
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-09-19 23:13:34  
i actually know exactly how TH works.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-19 23:25:24  
Valefor.Bladerah said:
i actually know exactly how TH works.

Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-19 23:29:15  
Far as I know the reroll theory is the most accepted one.

Item has a 5% drop rate. (Thats you /random and have to get a 1-5 for the item to drop)

With TH 1, if the item didnt drop at the "first roll" (i.e you rolled 6 or higher) you'll get a second roll for that item (still have to get your imaginary /random between 1-5 though).

Making it 2 chances of a 5% drop. Wont make it 10% though.

ect..
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-09-20 01:47:03  
Paraphrased from SE:
Quote:
In order to activate TH on a mob, you need to (1)generate enmity on the target mob, and (2)perform an action on the target mob.
Whether or not (1)&(2) can be done separately, or if they need to occur together at the same time, is left ambiguous by SE. But my guess is together.

Ninjitsu should generate enmity even when fully resisted, if I remember correctly, so it will activate TH.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-20 01:55:13  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Wtf?

i dont understand,put TH on a mob?

its a trait so it's always active.so what do you mean by "put TH on the mob"

just curious

where do they dig these people up
[+]
By chaosmite 2010-09-20 02:13:55  
Bahahahah oh my god... I seriously hope all these posts are a joke.
If they're not.. wow... just wow.
[+]