フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin DD set up
Paladin DD set up
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-28 17:24:38  
Wtf... Why did u blast said above poster so hard? And you called me down again. From the use of the word proponent I would assume your not a 12yr old.

So why not stop acting like one? I want to say your better than that, but it's hard to judge from this end, you should be able to understand... you calling me an ignorant, narrow minded, shallow moronic idiot that you claim i am and all.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:32:19  
I'm not acting like a 12yr old, i just really don't like when my words are quoted and drawn out of context in a fashion that makes no sense at all, and has absolutely no connection to the actual words I said.

The person took what i posted, without even putting any spin on my words, he quoted it and then called my words "stupidity" even though i'm clearly not proponent of pld dd, It honestly just made no sense to me and so yes i felt obligated to cut this guy down?

He clearly misunderstood my words, and doesn't know what "sub par" means, but thats his and his english teacher's problem, perhaps he should have actually read something before quoting and going off on a tangent.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 17:37:20  
Smurfo said:
I'm not acting like a 12yr old

My eleven year old nephew is better spoken and more polite then I've ever seen you be on these forums.

Snap, you're not even acting like a twelve year old, four maybe?

Grow up Smurfo!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:40:43  
Just because every time I talk to you in a thread we have opposing opinions, does not mean that I am impolite.

Also, just because i drop an occasional F bomb it doesn't mean I am angry either, it's just how i am. I ain't no ***' saint, but who is?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 17:42:14  
Smurfo said:
Just because every time I talk to you in a thread we have opposing opinions, does not mean that I am impolite.

No, but the fact you're condescending in every comment you post towards somebody on here does.

He doesn't meaninglessly swear every other sentence either.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:46:29  
Hi, welcome to the real world, many people do use words like fck, b!tch, sh!t and a$$ as part of their daily vocabulary, i do have many other descriptive, non curse word adjectives i could use, but sometimes profanity is fitting so i select those.

Also, I am not condescending in every post on here, maybe you just havn't had a chance to converse with me and you also seek drama and argument.. which is what I've noticed of you for the most part.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 17:47:42  
Smurfo said:
Hi, welcome to the real world, many people do use words like fck, b!tch, sh!t and a$$ as part of their daily vocabulary, i do have many other descriptive, non curse word adjectives i could use, but sometimes profanity is fitting so i select those.

You just totally proved my point, thanks a lot, saves me explaining it ^^
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:50:21  
it proved nothing, cliche figures of speech should not be taken as condescending i worded it with that ol' cliche that to get a point across.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 17:55:54  
<_<

~Derailed thread has been derailed~
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 18:07:05  
Wooooodum said:
Smurfo said:
No, but the fact you're condescending in every comment you post towards somebody on here does. He doesn't meaninglessly swear every other sentence either.

Sorry Woooo...*counts*odum, but you do have a condescending tone in your posts as well.

As for the swearing, well ***--it's just colloquial language in most parts of the states (and FFXI), isn't it? ^_^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-28 18:08:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

{Hmmm.}
+1.

Contribution to thread: A great spool of Haseyo.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-28 18:12:43  
I second that Anye. Maybe its just default, but it is there.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 18:14:59  
Anye said:
Wooooodum said:
Smurfo said:
No, but the fact you're condescending in every comment you post towards somebody on here does. He doesn't meaninglessly swear every other sentence either.

Sorry Woooo...*counts*odum, but you do have a condescending tone in your posts as well.

As for the swearing, well ***--it's just colloquial language in most parts of the states (and FFXI), isn't it? ^_^

I just went to look for an old post but couldn't find it. It was the first post I ever made on these forums. Lo and behold, Smurfo responds with a string of insults and put downs. I thought that maybe I'd said something and caused some beef, but when somebody else responded, he gave them the exact same attitude.

If my posts seem condescending, good, I'm trying to make them that way; but only for Smurfo, because arrogance is the only language he acknowledges.

As for swearing, I just dislike people who swear because they think it's "cool". It just makes people look like they lack a broader vocabulary when all they throw around every other sentence is "*** this" and "*** that".

As for the sarcasm... Well, I'm sorry, but I'm English after all!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 19:03:45  
Um, no. I don't recall this, and i've only been posting here myself for about 2-3 weeks so that being said, i don't think i'm getting that old.

I think i know this thread you speak of, was it something about ninjas?

I didn't insert any string of put downs as i recall, maybe i did i dunno, either way you can let it go or choose to let your hate for me fester, idc plenty of people prolly hate me anyway ^.~
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-28 20:52:41  
Here's the breakdown. Any job, given the right circumstances, can be a hell of a DD. Blm with staff, Whm with club, Pld with Sword. No they may not be the best at it but that does not stop them from being really good at it. Smurfo, and anyone who believes that things are set in stone and a job must be played how the general public wishes. These are the people that are closed minded to the idea of more possibilites to jobs than just what the basic standard of a job's role is.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 21:24:12  
Wooooodum said:
Anye said:
Wooooodum said:
Smurfo said:

I just went to look for an old post but couldn't find it. It was the first post I ever made on these forums. Lo and behold, Smurfo responds with a string of insults and put downs. I thought that maybe I'd said something and caused some beef, but when somebody else responded, he gave them the exact same attitude.

If my posts seem condescending, good, I'm trying to make them that way; but only for Smurfo, because arrogance is the only language he acknowledges.

As for swearing, I just dislike people who swear because they think it's "cool". It just makes people look like they lack a broader vocabulary when all they throw around every other sentence is "*** this" and "*** that".

As for the sarcasm... Well, I'm sorry, but I'm English after all!

Hahaha, duly noted there. As a matter of fact, I was starting to think you had an "accent" that leaned towards English, hehehe. Guess I "heard" right? :D

But back to the matter at hand--both you and Smurfo have the right of free speech. This being an internet forum where the only regulation is
Jaerik said:
"Don't Be A Douchebag."
, Smurfo is as free to state his point of view in any way he sees fit as you do. Essentially, you can't force him to act the way you want him to act (and vice versa), no matter what you say.

That being said, I can't stop you two from arguing, but I can say that both of you being "condescending" and putting each other down is never going to stop unless at least one of you does so. To be honest, I haven't found anyone to argue with like the whole "Malekith vs. Korpg" or "Wooooodum vs. Smurfo" simply because I choose not to be offended by things said on the internet, be they curse words, racist slurs, or arrogant snots.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-28 21:38:34  
Seriously, what's with the carebear rhetoric? Let's all get along? People commenting, hey knock it off don't be like the previous flame wars, do only more harm than good. If two individuals want to carry on and make a thread toxic, leave them be... it'll burn out on its own. If it doesn't Jaerik or one of the other mods will handle either by disciplining the offending parties or simply locking the thread.

Personally I'm bemused that people think my running dialogue with Korpg was so bad, compared to some of the other the inbred rants I've seen on here; where compared to KI or Alla we were as civil as damn tea party. So really now, as much as my ego does enjoy the small bit of notoriety I have achieved in these forums I am no one to demonize. Silly carebears trying to make everyone get along...

Do you really think I was upset by anything he said? It's in my damn nature to argue, it's what I've trained my life for and posting in these forums is fun for me. Some people watch "Lost," I write posts and joust keyboard to keyboard...
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 22:26:14  
Dubont said:
Here's the breakdown. Any job, given the right circumstances, can be a hell of a DD. Blm with staff, Whm with club, Pld with Sword. No they may not be the best at it but that does not stop them from being really good at it. Smurfo, and anyone who believes that things are set in stone and a job must be played how the general public wishes. These are the people that are closed minded to the idea of more possibilites to jobs than just what the basic standard of a job's role is.

This is incorrect, i never said it can't DD, i said it's sub par. Meaning i wouldnt invite it to merits unless its a friend :P

I'm far from closed minded in terms of bettering a job or trying new things, and in fact i'm a fan of rdm/dnc, i've been completely amazed by one of my friends who partied with me on numerous occasions as rdm/dnc and never ever ran low on mp, kept the party hasted, alive, and we got amazing exp/hr, the best perk of all in it is that i can cut down on 2 songs i sing. That's right, no ballad, leaves the bard much more time to outpull any competition.

I argued the viability of this job combo for eons in the rdm forums of KI only to be lol'd @ but whatever, I'm far from closed minded and i still stick to the simpe fact:

PLD is not a true DD, even if you have bajillions of gil invested in it, you could have done better dmg by investing bajillions of gil in a DD job and DDing with that.

Sure it works, but it's not exactly the best choice, I never said it doesn't work, i just said i'd choose not to myself. When i did my PLD 70-75 leeching in sky merit parties back in like 2005 I found that no matter what i equipped (something to the tune of 50mil during inflation era)

I was still blown off parser by just average DD's, thus I personally resorted to PLD/WHM being a taru with 5 million MP, vermy, meleeing and tossing out curaga II's and it worked out much more smoothly for my setups. If i'm so closed minded and job biased, why do i have paladin 75 as well as experience playing other subs :O

I was merely saying, that the amount of gil it takes to invest in paladin to make it deal dmg that would make it on par is pretty much a waste, when there are how many other jobs that can do it better with much less invested?

If you are dead set on leveling paladin go ahead and try to DD because you might as well with the trends of current exp, but dont expect it to be your ticket into a party as paladin dmg is overall not amazing unless you have a ton of work put in it.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 23:30:27  
Malekith said:
It's in my damn nature to argue....

Yeah, I can see that 9_9

Neonracer said:
no more posting here.. i'm just feeding his ego...

Malekith said:
...as much as my ego does enjoy the small bit of notoriety I have achieved in these forums I am no one to demonize.

HEY, I know exactly the person you need to talk to!

WOOOOODUM~ Come out and pla~ay!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 23:54:30  
Malekith said:

Personally I'm bemused that people think my running dialogue with Korpg was so bad, compared to some of the other the inbred rants I've seen on here; where compared to KI or Alla we were as civil as damn tea party.

Exactly lmao, this board is much more well spoken in general compared to other boards, which is why it strikes me as odd that so many threads i've seen get locked around here.

People on these boards for the most part seem to be much more intellectual in their debates rather than flat out "*** you lolol" and derail trains and other forms of pure idiocy, It's also in that regard funny that since I do from time to time curse people here are like "oh noes my virgin ears!" ... Seriously, you should be what? like 18 to have a credit card to pay for ffxi? I think you've heard the F word before
 Asura.Scapular
user: scapular
By Asura.Scapular 2009-01-29 04:56:30  
i am to lazy to read all this. having a good DD setup is great with /nin good way to build dmg up on mobs it helps heeps 2 hold hate if needed maybe macro DD set???
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-29 05:02:04  
Wait, why is it me vs Malekith?

Why can't I have somebody good to fight with?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-01-29 05:44:39  
Will a Paladin outDD legitimate DDs? In most cases, no. Should it DD? Situationally, YES.

Exp level 59+~ a DD build with AF Feet and a Buckler Earring is the most efficient way of levelling in all senses.

Endgame tanking, idling in a DD build allows you to build TP for Atonement and do a tremendous amount of damage over time as well as helping you hold hate if done properly. If you have an Excalibur, expect to outparse a lot of DDs in endgame tanking situations.

Would I take a PLD for merit party or Nyzul? Not unless I was forced to. In those situations, I am wanting a "proper" DD... but to say that it is pointless DDing on PLD is neglecting a lot of the potential of the job.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-29 05:52:44  
Raenryong said:
If you have an Excalibur, expect to outparse a lot of DDs in endgame tanking situations.

If I had an Excalibur, I wouldn't need to worry about subbing /WAR for tanking.

Hell, I'll sub /SAM, /DNC, /NIN, or /MNK to tank as PLD.

I'll even level PLD to 75 if I had an Excalibur.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-29 09:14:43  
Anye said:

WOOOOODUM~ Come out and pla~ay!

So funny Anye... and a nice try too!

/em hands you a cookie

Q: Want a clue why woodum and I haven't got it on? | A: We've done nothing to each other, so why manufacture drama?
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-29 15:08:17  
Is it just me, or did other people take a completely different meaning when he said "Got it on"
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-29 15:39:09  
Korpg said:
Wait, why is it me vs Malekith?

Why can't I have somebody good to fight with?

Well, I've been told that "PLD ARE NOT GOOD DD!!!1" soooo, yeah.... /sigh
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-29 15:40:54  
Malekith said:
We've done nothing to each other, so why manufacture drama?

Malekith said:
It's in my damn nature to argue
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-29 15:52:35  
@Anye - You really do like to take things out of context don't you?

There's a HUGE difference between trolls starting drama for the sake of it, by virtue of posting in a manner to bait people if not directly insulting them

AND

Engaging in an argument without the name calling, profanity, etc... where you're legitimately trying to reach an understanding. People can and will disagree but there's a way to be civil about it and I'd like to think that I have for the most part especially when you consider the relative standard for comparison within this forum.

As I guess by your post, we're established that it's my nature to argue - OLD NEWS ftl!

BUT

Atleast we've confirmed a suspicion of mine, that it's your nature to manufacture drama... So much for thinking you were just another "hey-let's-just-get-along-carebear...."
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-29 16:27:18  
Topic derailed 3 pages agao.. so now its not PLD as DD but PLD Drama?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10