サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user:
By Asura.Jamofu 2009-01-21 22:55:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Wooooodum said:
Don't.

QFT

Level a DD job, PLD isn't a DD, any job can deal damage, but you will never outparse any true DD job.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-21 23:20:51  
/em I wonder if the guy who first suggested using NIN as a tank got flamed this much
 Asura.Jamofu
user:
By Asura.Jamofu 2009-01-21 23:23:09

All prefferance, i always preffer pld/nin on everything.

Nin/drk is iffy, if person doesnt' know ***, its horrible.

Pld/nin even my mom can tank in something im doing lol
 Asura.Jamofu
user:
By Asura.Jamofu 2009-01-21 23:51:34

btw not saying pld is an easy job, or u can't do better than the bare minimum, just saying its not as hard as nin/drk is to tank, nin/drks need alot of stuff to be good, skill, enmity gear, etc.

pld usually has little to no time holding hate with abilities
 Bahamut.Lyle
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-22 00:05:31  
Jamofu said:
Wooooodum said:
Don't.

QFT

Level a DD job, PLD isn't a DD, any job can deal damage, but you will never outparse any true DD job.

That's funny, cause I did 3/4 of those parses I posted.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-22 02:56:54  
Malekith said:
/em I wonder if the guy who first suggested using NIN as a tank got flamed this much

Prolly not since NIN doesn't suck at tanking and PLD sucks at DD.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-22 02:57:51  
Jamofu said:
btw not saying pld is an easy job, or u can't do better than the bare minimum, just saying its not as hard as nin/drk is to tank, nin/drks need alot of stuff to be good, skill, enmity gear, etc.

pld usually has little to no time holding hate with abilities

I dont think nin/drk is that hard. You need to be able to control HP more, activated Soul eater & last resort for spike enimnity. and you rely more on Tools and the Back pice enhacmnet that gives, +5 enimity? I dont' know i never used it.

and for ppl who olny have PLD as a 75, and dont want to Expend gil. or time in to leveling an other job, ( I know LOTS Of ppl who Dispise WAR an leave as SJ)

anyway, normaly a DD pld comes in to play in CB or solo or friendly Events, I dont think the OP intended to say (hey im going to DD tank Farfinr or how ever you spell it )

It's Gruleingly borring Solo'n on PLD when you cant do more then 50 dmg a hit, or surpass a 250Ws on Ep > EM mobs lol.

so "DD Pld" would be more like i said, Solo / CB "Campain battle" or friend events besedged even.
 Asura.Jamofu
user:
By Asura.Jamofu 2009-01-22 05:58:22

Blackmist said:
Jamofu said:
btw not saying pld is an easy job, or u can't do better than the bare minimum, just saying its not as hard as nin/drk is to tank, nin/drks need alot of stuff to be good, skill, enmity gear, etc. pld usually has little to no time holding hate with abilities
I dont think nin/drk is that hard. You need to be able to control HP more, activated Soul eater & last resort for spike enimnity. and you rely more on Tools and the Back pice enhacmnet that gives, +5 enimity? I dont' know i never used it. and for ppl who olny have PLD as a 75, and dont want to Expend gil. or time in to leveling an other job, ( I know LOTS Of ppl who Dispise WAR an leave as SJ) anyway, normaly a DD pld comes in to play in CB or solo or friendly Events, I dont think the OP intended to say (hey im going to DD tank Farfinr or how ever you spell it ) It's Gruleingly borring Solo'n on PLD when you cant do more then 50 dmg a hit, or surpass a 250Ws on Ep > EM mobs lol. so "DD Pld" would be more like i said, Solo / CB "Campain battle" or friend events besedged even.

well said. i can see that. but i really dont think any pld's that post "i can outparse plenty of people" should be talking in this thread. Like i stated before any job can DD, but imo a DD isn't a DD unless you can keep up with the damage. Im not talking about a job with 2-6 brd songs on doing a ws and then calling themselfs a DD, im talking about DD as in "i can dd under any circomstances for high damage"(well obviously not any, but close to any *Example:JoFortitude*)
 Alexander.Mirrii
サーバ: Alexander
user: Parriah
By Alexander.Mirrii 2009-01-22 06:18:06  
PLD DDing 101: Main: Justice Sub: Kracken Club, now with new WS called Attonment 700~ WS dmg every few secs = haw stuff, enjoy people learn the game PLD has highest club ZOMG ...
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-22 06:34:32  
The answer here, contrary to many posts, isn't 'Don't' or 'Level another Job'. Whether the OP is in a position to use PLD/NIN as a DD or not is their business and the business of who they party with, no one elses. The idea was to give advice for a PLD DD build.

I can't add much since it's all been said already, sorry OP^^. Inresponse to some comments about Excal however, I think it was seen to be lol on Khimaira because the 25% of current HP Additional Effect is still mitigated by the normal things that reduce the potency of normal melee hits =(.

My only suggestion is that if you gear yourself the way a WAR using Rampage would gear, you can't go far wrong ^^ (Organics/Joytoy or Justice Sword would be a wonderful combo also).
 Carbuncle.Orik
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: orik
By Carbuncle.Orik 2009-01-22 07:47:27  
I have a dd pld and use organics/k club and spam 700ws and that is in straight tanking gear but I also have new ws but if/when I did have dd gear on I could still pop off with 600+ ws in cb with vorpal blade so I still consider myself a dd no matter what and if there is any dd out there that would like to show me diffrent with my pld ja I am pretty sure it would be a good fight I enjoy smacking around dd's
 Bahamut.Lyle
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-22 08:55:01  
Jamofu said:
Blackmist said:
Jamofu said:
btw not saying pld is an easy job, or u can't do better than the bare minimum, just saying its not as hard as nin/drk is to tank, nin/drks need alot of stuff to be good, skill, enmity gear, etc. pld usually has little to no time holding hate with abilities
I dont think nin/drk is that hard. You need to be able to control HP more, activated Soul eater & last resort for spike enimnity. and you rely more on Tools and the Back pice enhacmnet that gives, +5 enimity? I dont' know i never used it. and for ppl who olny have PLD as a 75, and dont want to Expend gil. or time in to leveling an other job, ( I know LOTS Of ppl who Dispise WAR an leave as SJ) anyway, normaly a DD pld comes in to play in CB or solo or friendly Events, I dont think the OP intended to say (hey im going to DD tank Farfinr or how ever you spell it ) It's Gruleingly borring Solo'n on PLD when you cant do more then 50 dmg a hit, or surpass a 250Ws on Ep > EM mobs lol. so "DD Pld" would be more like i said, Solo / CB "Campain battle" or friend events besedged even.

well said. i can see that. but i really dont think any pld's that post "i can outparse plenty of people" should be talking in this thread. Like i stated before any job can DD, but imo a DD isn't a DD unless you can keep up with the damage. Im not talking about a job with 2-6 brd songs on doing a ws and then calling themselfs a DD, im talking about DD as in "i can dd under any circomstances for high damage"(well obviously not any, but close to any *Example:JoFortitude*)

0 Bard songs, don't make assumptions please.

It amazes me on how so many people overlook the power of dot.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-22 09:19:41  
First of all "A ninja doesn't suck at tanking" Makes me out right laugh. any half naked samurai in a burn party can rip hate from a ninja. If a ninja is required to hold hate, ie nin/drk. Vs say Kirin, or like... gah wtf do nin/drk's tank again? anyways... oh yea like omega n stuff. naturally they will hold hate (provided they don't suck) why? Because they are suppose to it is their purpose (it's all... part of the plan). same goes for pld/nin pld/rdm. Why? Again, because they are required too (duh) Its literally... all part of the plan.

Jamofu said:
i really dont think any pld's that post "i can outparse plenty of people" should be talking in this thread. Like i stated before any job can DD, but imo a DD isn't a DD unless you can keep up with the damage. Im not talking about a job with 2-6 brd songs on doing a ws and then calling themselfs a DD, im talking about DD as in "i can dd under any circomstances for high damage"(well obviously not any, but close to any *Example:JoFortitude*)

A Pld who ""out parses plenty of people" should not be talking in this thread" because you say a "DD is not a DD unless they can keep up with the damage". ummmm... What? are you afraid or something? You make like no sense...

Lyle is living proof of what many are attempting to pawn off as a cheap worthless impossible DD job. Why doesn't anyone actually listen? stick your heads out from your little safety zone made from wet cereal boxes and listen. Orik is another example.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-24 02:27:12  
Malicfayt said:
First of all "A ninja doesn't suck at tanking" Makes me out right laugh. any half naked samurai in a burn party can rip hate from a ninja. If a ninja is required to hold hate, ie nin/drk. Vs say Kirin, or like... gah wtf do nin/drk's tank again? anyways... oh yea like omega n stuff. naturally they will hold hate (provided they don't suck) why? Because they are suppose to it is their purpose (it's all... part of the plan). same goes for pld/nin pld/rdm. Why? Again, because they are required too (duh) Its literally... all part of the plan.

Jamofu said:
i really dont think any pld's that post "i can outparse plenty of people" should be talking in this thread. Like i stated before any job can DD, but imo a DD isn't a DD unless you can keep up with the damage. Im not talking about a job with 2-6 brd songs on doing a ws and then calling themselfs a DD, im talking about DD as in "i can dd under any circomstances for high damage"(well obviously not any, but close to any *Example:JoFortitude*)

A Pld who ""out parses plenty of people" should not be talking in this thread" because you say a "DD is not a DD unless they can keep up with the damage". ummmm... What? are you afraid or something? You make like no sense...

Lyle is living proof of what many are attempting to pawn off as a cheap worthless impossible DD job. Why doesn't anyone actually listen? stick your heads out from your little safety zone made from wet cereal boxes and listen. Orik is another example.

Because: TANKING means a BURN PARTY!!!1

Actually nobody tanks in a *** burn party, and at the same time everybody does, thats not really a very good comparison to say that ninja isnt a good tank cuz they can't hold hate in a burn, PLD/WAR sure can't do it either i guess they just fail at holding hate as well, ive seen adaberk/ridill wars who dont 100% hold aggro in a burn pt, omfgwtf?

A ninja doesn't suck at tanking, it's perfectly feasible tank until mid-late game, and at that point they should be focused on the DD aspect where they more or less should be just a first voke anyway, unless of course they are insanely geared and can voke once, DD and naturally hold hate, which ive seen very few do in burns. And if hate slips in a burn party guess what...

Same *** thing you said, "It's all part of the plan"

You can "laugh out loud" at my statement all you want but it's still considered a tank job, and only in extreme high dmg situations (burn parties, but again no job can 100% hold hate in that so moot point), or in situations of the player not being adequate enough to do the job does it suck as a tank, but again it's not there for tanking if thats the situation, it's versatile where PLD really is not as adapted. Simply put: the much faster attacks, natural dual wield and ability to sub war and have double attack and berserk... makes it a much more adequate DD slot and hopefully tanking some of the time, than 99% of pld.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-24 08:33:25  
You Don't need to swear, its like your angry or something. I'm telling mommy, you made me sad. GET THE SOAP!

Your right, everyone tanks in a burn party. I shouldn't have said burn party. I hope this makes it up to you. A half naked lv 50 samurai could rip hate, That better? I could go through every Level and come to the conclusion Ninja tanking does not work anymore. I said half naked level 75 samurai for a reason, So that ninja has a chance to obtain all the best little trinkets in their lame 1handed world, and still have a gimp samurai steal hate. It was my fault for not elaborating so i'm sorry. Perhaps i should say a half naked samurai Vs a ninja on a statistically neutral mob of equal level on all sides with no weapon resistance or weakness?

Word of the day, Exaggeration!

Back when, before 2handed update and many additions to many jobs, i would have agree'd with you that ninja was a tank. But i have yet to see a Ninja Currently as i level my new jobs who can actually do their "job" (ie tank). Do these ninja's actually -DO- their jobs? Yes! they DD, enfeeble, and lower resistances. They are performing their jobs excellently! Maybe its just a really bad long string of worthless Ninja's. Or maybe its just a really long good string of DD's. But i highly doubt every Ninja i met leveling was as worthless as people called them. They were doing their job in my mind, had good gear too. Its a 2 way street, and both sides try their best in helping him tank. Ninja's last update was dual wield TP nerf, or was it Lv2 Merits? i forget which came first. I don't expect them to compete.
So i fall back on dual samurai tanking or a PLD when i level.

If your looking for someone in your setup who can lay down residual hate at the start of every mob (in a burn party) while putting up some decent numbers, Yea nin/war is your safest bet, especially if you see a nin/war and a pld/nin seeking. And again like you said, nin/war who can actually keep hate is few and far between. 1/100 maybe? idk (i don't expect a ninja to honestly, even my ninja).

If you have the resources PLd is an excellent DD, I stay by it.

If your going to quote me quote me right! i said "Out right laugh", not "laugh out loud". Silly goose!
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-24 10:27:12  
Wooooodum said:
Enjoying going to merit parties on PLD/NIN? Good for you, but I know I wouldn't invite you;

TBH, I'd invite a Pld/nin to a exp/merit pty before i would invite a cor/blm or cor/nin. ANYWAY, my drk has been out dmg in DoT by PLD many times. Its not b/c my drk is crappy...well it is...but thats beside the point, PLD with a DD setup, the same DD setup as any other DD job, can deal a hell of alot of dmg especially with joyeuse. Seeing as how that sword is easy to get, I see no reason why a 75 PLD wouldnt have it anyway.
 Leviathan.Zelandred
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zelandred
By Leviathan.Zelandred 2009-01-24 10:39:35  
Funny story.

I just joined a new endgame ls and some of the members were forming a merit party. I was invited to go, and Paladin is my only level 75 job. While looking for a sixth member, another of the ls members was invited but refused to come because I was on Paladin. He/she (not sure) accused me of being close minded because I haven't xped a 'DD' job for merit.

Ok, maybe not as funny a story as I thought, except for the close minded person telling me PLD can't DD in merit... which I'm going to call ironic even though I know that's not exactly the right term.

Point being, Tank/Damage Dealer/Healer are not roles which are exclusive to any one particular job. Any job can do any of them. It's just a matter of doing them well, or not. In the case of Paladin, a person will have an easier time gearing the Job and fitting into one of the above mentioned roles than some other Jobs; for instance its a lot easier to make a Paladin a Healer, than it is a Monk (someone gave the example of Monks healing earlier in the thread as ridiculous. It is, and so is Paladin. Pld is just -less- ridiculous in this situation).

In the case of gearing Paladin for damage dealing, it's true that there are not native job abilities to aid in that regard; there are however a few important side notes. First of all, Paladin is the only job that can wield two multi-hit weapons, and also have an A+ skill in both multi hit weapons wielded. Secondly, most of the really decent DD gear that can be equipped by 'DD' jobs can also be equipped by PLD (in reference to both points, no they can't use Ridill, but the jobs that can have a lower skill rating, thus lower acc/attk with said weapon). Thirdly, when taking into consideration the feasibility of 'dd' jobs, you must take into consideration that Paladin -will- benefit from AoE JA/Spells that go into making other DDs as good as they are as well, be it BRD songs, or Warrior's Warcry effect.

Anyways... rant off.

Bottom line: Job 'x' is not a tank/dd/healer.
Job 'x' is Job 'x'. Which means it can fill all three roles, albeit Job 'y' or 'z' might fill them better.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-26 16:35:57  
Jamofu said:
Wooooodum said:
Don't.
QFT Level a DD job, PLD isn't a DD, any job can deal damage, but you will never outparse any true DD job.

IV heard that PLD and NIN arent DD till my ears bleed. Nin and PLD can deal DMG maybe not higher but equal to that of a war or middle geared DRK. Saying PLD cant DD is like saying whm or rdm cant DD. In a pty situation where they are forced to focus on a single attribute to benefit the party, no they cant DD, but outside ptys, given the correct gear/mob, they deal dmg very very well.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-01-27 23:18:19  
here was my DD setup for pld>>>
Sub job: don't matter. wanna be unstoppable? sub DNC. don't plan on pullin hate? ninja or war and actually use zerk.
Sword: Espadon +1... probably the best DD sword aside from joytoy (which i still dun have)
Shield: IR Shield, or another espadon i suppose.. i rarely subbed ninja, i'm sure u can think of somethin handy...
Ammo: Bibiki Sea Shell
Head: IR Sallet (and of course the turban would b better for damage)
Body: Byrnie +1. lot of ppl hate on the byrnie, but for pld, VIT and STR are probably ur main focus. not to mention Atk +20/25.
Neck: Chiv Chain
Ears: Spike Earrings are good.
Hands: IR Hands (you could get some hands that increase STR, i just like IR stuff...)
Rings: STR rings for WS and Acc rings for tp
Back: Amemet Mantle +1 kind of a duh
Waist: Potent belt
Legs: IR set
Feet: IR set, but if you are using a shield AF feet are always best. less u want complete dmg, there are STR pieces out there...

This is my paladin in campaign. I never used all this gear in this fashion in groups and such. The reason i used IR set is for enmity in campaign, because a pld/dnc is unstoppable, and a pld that actually does dmg in campaign only gets that much more exp... (can u say over 3000 per 30 min campaign session?) oh, and i also tend to do a minimum of 300dmg per vorpal blade (which isn't much compared to other DDs, but hey, it's better than being equipped to tank and doing a whopping 150...
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 00:04:20  
Dubont said:
Jamofu said:
Wooooodum said:
Don't.
QFT Level a DD job, PLD isn't a DD, any job can deal damage, but you will never outparse any true DD job.

IV heard that PLD and NIN arent DD till my ears bleed. Nin and PLD can deal DMG maybe not higher but equal to that of a war or middle geared DRK. Saying PLD cant DD is like saying whm or rdm cant DD. In a pty situation where they are forced to focus on a single attribute to benefit the party, no they cant DD, but outside ptys, given the correct gear/mob, they deal dmg very very well.

You sir are on crack?

PLD = WAR or DRK DMG? Ever parsed any of these jobs? Even a mediocre war/nin or war/sam or /anything will devastate a paladin's parse.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 00:56:30  
Malicfayt said:
You Don't need to swear, its like your angry or something. I'm telling mommy, you made me sad. GET THE SOAP!

Your right, everyone tanks in a burn party. I shouldn't have said burn party. I hope this makes it up to you. A half naked lv 50 samurai could rip hate, That better? I could go through every Level and come to the conclusion Ninja tanking does not work anymore. I said half naked level 75 samurai for a reason, So that ninja has a chance to obtain all the best little trinkets in their lame 1handed world, and still have a gimp samurai steal hate. It was my fault for not elaborating so i'm sorry. Perhaps i should say a half naked samurai Vs a ninja on a statistically neutral mob of equal level on all sides with no weapon resistance or weakness?

So it's safe to say that a half naked samurai will rip hate from a ninja on lvl 85 HNM too i suppose? You need to chill out bro, i wasnt mad, i just curse.. its just what i do... anyway now that we got that covered.

I think it boils down to this, your twisted idea that when i am talking about tanking i mean exp mobs, yes ninja and pld can still get a party. Why you would think that by tank i mean = hold hate on birds vs 3 samurais is completely beyond me, chuck norris probably couldn't even do that. TANK does not = EXP since DD are more than adequate at filling this role now, the ideology of tanking in EXP hasn't been around much for quite some time now, are you living in 2005? People dont tank exp anymore, they tank ***like fafnir, tiamat etc.

ninja is a perfect *** tank for many things, it is still a tank and you categorizing it as a non tank class because of lolexp mobs where melee are beyond acc/attack, pdif is pure *** *** to say the least, go rip hate on an endgame mob with your half naked *** if you can even hit them.

Everything from a tanking perspective in this game that is enmity related is also mob level relevant, it's much easier to hold hate on something IT or beyond, why?

Your melee dont do omgwtfdmg, no matter who/what job/what gears, unless its something TP spam style with tons of bards, a nin can hold hate fine, especially since your gimped out sam would most likely be asked to sub thf to TA a nin if thats the route you took. That is, if your ls leader is anything better than a special olympics bronze medal winner.

pre-55 i'd say ninja is still the best tank you could get, i know i have no problems holding hate and my ninja is 51, im sure it wont be so rough as I go on either. Why? Because i'm not a gimp.

I think you're looking at it too narrow and ignorant. A samurai in exp can rip hate at will from any tank class, yes. ok cool so that means that tank classes are no longer a viable tank class? Oh wait if i party as MNK/WAR no one can *** take hate off me, i guess MNK/WAR is the new breed of tank?

here i'll drop some more knowledge i guess since you obviously lack.

Tank = can perform duties of holding hate and ->mitigating damage<- if situation needs. If you want a job to tank, it needs support, any tank class does.

Well, wait.. PLD isnt much of a tank without refresh and tons of cures am i right? I guess they arent a tank then either?

Thief can be an exceptional situational tank too, as can rdm/nin, nin/drk, mnk/nin as can most any jobs. Now, i'd like to see your gimp half naked sam rip hate from a well played nin/drk on hnm, wont happen bud, sorry.

So what if ninja is just another situational tank then since obviously all of the rest of them are just situational now due simply to the fact that the almighty SAMURAI exists.

Anyway i've elaborated on this entirely too much because.. you are shallow and will probably say something about how exp mobs = every mob in game and every situation in the game, so with that... Peace out.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-28 01:17:02  
I think we gone beyond the point of what can make a PLD a moderate DD with the right gear, and went to comparing PLD DDs to other DDs, which will outpwn PLDs regardless.

PLDs can do damage, but not as much damage as other jobs. I think we can all agree with that.

So, lets go back to the original topic and find out what PLDs can do to be better DDs instead of doing the hopeless comparisions between jobs.

P.S. We all know that most sitautions will not require a PLD to actually do damage, but be a damage spounge. We are not talking about those situations. We are talking about the few situations that PLDs can employ a Damage Over Time at the optimal level.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 01:25:03  
nowai man i like to derail threads. gtfo!

you're not the boss of me.

Freedom of speech, must suck to be you when i decide to exercise it. At any rate that conversation did not involve you, so i'd appreciate it if you kindly would not tell me what i can/cannot post on a forum, it's about paladins and i stated my opinions.

Here i'll post something relevant to the topic then, go check a bunch of random warriors, since they are the job that has the most mutual gear as paladin, see what they use, then check AH, buy some stuff, remember to TP in ACC and HASTE (where available) gears and WS in STR gears, eat sushi if needed but lean towards meat wherever you can, since you are obviously wearing somewhere in the ballpark of +30 - +40 ACC gears with an A+ rated weapon arsenal. Seek out multi hit weapons to aid you in TP gain and bam u have a sub-par DD job.

Reason I posted nothing relevant to the topic is because its such basic common knowledge that i actually figured it to just be flame bait, especially given the fact that the OP is a 75 nin a job which requires knowledge of things melee related, i then found arguing with randoms to be much more enjoyable so i suppose i fell into that trap, but at least i had fun... and this concludes my experience in this thread for this tuesday night.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-28 11:06:29  
I really enjoy reading these forums. If someone made a thread "Whats the best Tank setup for BLM" There will be some people thats gonna start fighting for "the black mage's right to tank" and saying stuff like "STFU n00b, BLM do DMG, DMG draw hate, BLM can tank!" or something smart like that. Just coz BLM draw hate doesnt make them a tank, just coz PLD have a sword and can do some DMG doesnt make them a DD.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-28 15:36:19  
"If a ninja is required to hold hate, ie nin/drk." Yea they will hold hate on whatever their LS needs them to hold it against (like omega or w/e you fight). I said that previously. In fact i pretty much already said everything. you just don't seem to care...
I used Samurai as an example, not an end all.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Anyways i'm done. I'm not exactly sure what you want from me, do you want me to continue or something. I've pretty much said everything i want to. Twist what i said to your liking, have fun.

You win. Congratulations on clearly stating that I know not what i do On not only my Ninja but my Thief, Bard, and my Summoner, as well as failing to realize the gaming mechanics of wide variety of simple settings, concepts and situations.

Très Bien.

Edit: I in-fact complimented you in my last post, you were right. But you know thanks for saying things like "I think you're looking at it too narrow and ignorant." "i'll drop some more knowledge i guess since you obviously lack" "you are shallow". I'm shallow? ok then.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 15:49:21  
Just don't bother. Smurfo resides at the centre of the universe, and as such, can not be reasoned with!

When teachers at school tell you the Earth revolves around the sun, they're lying! It and all the other planets revolve around Smurfo!

<3 you Smurfo!
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-01-28 16:52:46  
Smurfo said:

Freedom of speech, must suck to be you when i decide to exercise it. At any rate that conversation did not involve you, so i'd appreciate it if you kindly would not tell me what i can/cannot post on a forum, it's about paladins and i stated my opinions.

Here i'll post something relevant to the topic then, go check a bunch of random warriors, since they are the job that has the most mutual gear as paladin, see what they use, then check AH, buy some stuff, remember to TP in ACC and HASTE (where available) gears and WS in STR gears, eat sushi if needed but lean towards meat wherever you can, since you are obviously wearing somewhere in the ballpark of +30 - +40 ACC gears with an A+ rated weapon arsenal. Seek out multi hit weapons to aid you in TP gain and bam u have a sub-par DD job.

Reason I posted nothing relevant to the topic is because its such basic common knowledge that i actually figured it to just be flame bait, especially given the fact that the OP is a 75 nin a job which requires knowledge of things melee related, i then found arguing with randoms to be much more enjoyable so i suppose i fell into that trap, but at least i had fun... and this concludes my experience in this thread for this tuesday night.

There we go again... so because a PLD can wear like 80% of the gears a WAR can wear, it make PLD a DD... sure! so i'll Lv up MNK to 75, wear a Vermi with Serket/Astral ring & a Light staff, hoping when i lfp for a merit PT ppl will take me as a healer! plz continu to fill this thread with that kind of stupidity, its good time loling.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 16:59:20  
Cecilharvey said:
Smurfo said:

There we go again... so because a PLD can wear like 80% of the gears a WAR can wear, it make PLD a DD... sure! so i'll Lv up MNK to 75, wear a Vermi with Serket/Astral ring &amp; a Light staff, hoping when i lfp for a merit PT ppl will take me as a healer! plz continu to fill this thread with that kind of stupidity, its good time loling.

Where you got that from i don't know, obviously you can't detect the slightest amount of sarcasm. That or you read zero of my previous posts in this thread, either way your post is full of idiocy. Where did i say anything even remotely insinuating that i am proponent of PLD DD? I'm not, thats why I didnt say anything relevant to this topic for about 5 posts, and instead I chose to spend some time in this thread arguing with morons (such as yourself)

Now please, explain to me where in any of my posts did i say anything like "PLD is Gewd DD" It's not, unless you have an absurd amount of gil and or mass quantities of time invested in obtaining ra/ex gears for the job, making it a sub-par DD considering any real DD job can go to AH easily gear up and blow 99% of pld off a parser, I even called it sub-par DD in the post you chose to quote, did you simply overlook my stance on this subject or are you in fact the short bus riding, window licking, helmet wearing kind of retard that you come off as?
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-01-28 17:15:16  
Smurfo said:

Wow & after this bs he call me a moron! but damn this game must be full of humorist, isn't it ? i wont repeat what i said in the 1st pages about PLD i'll let you check it out instead.. but plz, think before talk even, because one day ridiculous must kill, be happy it does not right now.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:19:40  
Dude, do you speak english?

I never said i think paladin is a good DD, never mind, im not going any further with this conversation, you're clearly at a third grade english comprehension level.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10