Obvious upgrades are HCT +1, hecatomb legs (lol) and thundersouls, but yeah <.<
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:15:08  
Phoenix.Vael said:
sick attila's earring
Brutal is a bad idea with Kclub :(. It's a weird setup I came up with years ago that I've updated. The goal is to getting as much tp per attack round :). Never got around to testing how ffxi calculates tp for over 1k delay dualwielding... but even without store tp atmas or cor roll you should be able to get almost 200% in a single attack round if you get 7 or 8 hits from kclub :)
 Phoenix.Vael
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-18 21:17:46  
Joyeuse > Justice I always thought. Or was that a mistake since there's no virtue stones in there anyway?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:19:15  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

+ whatever gorget is used for CDC. Obvious upgrades are HCT +1, hecatomb legs (lol) and thundersouls, but yeah <.<
Probably be better to keep virtue stones in. Cuchulain's Belt, Lithe Boots, love torque, maybe Grim Cuirass +1, Centaurus Earring. Another jupiters both with maxed augmented att on them
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-18 21:19:16  
Atma of the Apoc. Joyeuse turns into ***cuz of that.
Also, Chant Du Cygne setup.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:20:03  
Phoenix.Vael said:
Joyeuse > Justice I always thought. Or was that a mistake since there's no virtue stones in there anyway?
You can switch it out for ws... though you probably shouldn't. But jailor weapons are a super idea...
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-18 21:22:08  
ah right DA/TA doesn't proc on non-virtue weapons forgot about that. Well this setup is already looking quite a bit more difficult to assemble than TP set.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-18 21:23:20  
would grim +1 be better than twilight? according to that jp page, CDC has a pretty high DEX mod.
as for sachet.... depends on inventory, really.
this is the perfect CDC set, imo. jupiter's are augmented with ATK+.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:28:10  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
would grim +1 be better than twilight? according to that jp page, CDC has a pretty high DEX mod. as for sachet.... depends on inventory, really.
It's debateable. It's 60% dex mod like pretty much all single mod empyrean ws.

But it's basically 32-33 more att vs 15 dex. If that isn't better than chances are nifty is better than aethling since that's 11att and 3% double att for 7 dex.

And yeah I bet you eat thru stones like crazy lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-03-18 21:29:41  

There's my chant set. STR/ATK Shamshir+2. Only things I'd change atm would be Heca legs+1 and a 5atk augment on jupiter's. But spamming that quest is freaking annoying. Could argue for a 4 dex earring, but I think it'd only beat the 10 atk under berserk or stalwart's.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:38:03  
aurum gauntlets are nice too. And if you are using apoc and/or jailor weapons I'd really reccomend 5 dex neck.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 02:18:17  
Sets look good to me, where I would probably be using rajas and heca boots for the extra str, especially against tougher stuff. But I doubt that would make much of a difference.

On a different note, did anyone bother with Torcleaver yet? A friend and I have started trials for it a while back but didn't bother finishing them since there's no real need except for exp/cruor parties but PLD would only be for fun there and most have other DD jobs anyway.

However, I've been playing around with stuff a bit and came up with this for TPing

16.7 x 5 > 83.5

and for WS

13.5 + 83.5 > 97 (+2 ticks from VV)

So, for me it difficult to decide what to focus on and from what I've read in the DRK thread about it, it seems that most go for STR/ATT rather than actual WS mods.
WS set looks somewhat gimp to me anyway and I wouldn't know if ele belt would be better. Maths anyone? ._.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Meh, just changed WS set, was too flawed.. c.c
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-19 02:24:17  
Why are you using Heafoc Mitts instead of AF3+2 hands for Torcleaver? lol

Edit: Torcleaver is a straight 60% VIT Mod if you didnt already know, Also Ares would beat Twilight body as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 02:27:08  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Why are you using Heafoc Mitts instead of AF3+2 hands for Torcleaver? lol

Yea, fixed. >_<; Noticed it myself, need another coffee first. lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-19 02:30:07  
Also you want a Snow Gorget/Belt, Breeze doesnt work for Torcleaver.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 02:39:01  
Oki, gonna change that as well in a minute then. Last time I've checked, it wasn't up on wiki, so was just assuming breeze. xD Also, sent you a PM.
Other thoughts or could you take those to start out with? Been thinking maybe another VIT ring and Are's body could be an improvement, if you can get away with the -STP.
Sadly, I can't test anything, nor can anyone else anyway. >_<
So it's all just theoretically for now and math geeks would be very helpful too.

EDIT: Just read your edit. xD Yea, I was aware of the mod, the set has 54STR/55VIT so far. Would change with are's, ring and belt, however.
Why Are's > Twilight anyway, for the ATT only?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 02:43:39  
I wouldn't focus on str so much on torcleaver unless its rather large amounts for the att it would give. Also focus on attack some since it doesn't crit or have an att boost and you wont be stacking str as much since it isn't a mod.

As far as gearing for str on CDC that's even more a no no in abyssea. Almace caps fstr at 52 dstr while cald 90 does at 80.

Guess it sorta depends on atmas and how many abyssites of furtherance you have... but I mean even without a str atma you're probably sitting at 130-160 str naked lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-19 02:44:56  
Torcleaver is very attack dependant, its not pre buffed like other Single Hit Weaponskills YGK SS/GS etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 02:47:20  
att is rather important on torcleaver. Most other good ws either get an attack buff, crit (which gives them higher pdif anyways and makes it so they need less to cap as well), or are str modded which give you higher att just from stat gearing
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 02:47:58  
New WS set would be this then

46STR/47VIT and 74ATT

ATT looks certainly good. =o
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 02:53:03  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wouldn't focus on str so much on torcleaver unless its rather large amounts for the att it would give. Also focus on attack some since it doesn't crit or have an att boost and you wont be stacking str as much since it isn't a mod.

As far as gearing for str on CDC that's even more a no no in abyssea. Almace caps fstr at 52 dstr while cald 90 does at 80.

Guess it sorta depends on atmas and how many abyssites of furtherance you have... but I mean even without a str atma you're probably sitting at 130-160 str naked lol.

Yarr, I know that STR is no mod for the WS. lol
I mainly added it for the ATT/fSTR and also STR is on most VIT pieces too, so can't help that anyway. As for boots and rajas, there is either no other option or it's needed/desired for x-hit.
Ty for the replies so far btw.

EDIT: Hm, actually, how about those?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 02:53:49  
pld can use Centaurus Earring, Anguinus Belt probably better
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 02:55:51  
For CDC in abyssea lithe boots are much better than heca. Almace caps pretty easy. Cala will pretty much cap if you use any str atma. Also Xhit builds when dual wielding kinda fall short... especially on multi hit ws. So taking a little bit off only on ws probably wont hurt you
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 03:01:28  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
For CDC in abyssea lithe boots are much better than heca. Almace caps pretty easy. Cala will pretty much cap if you use any str atma. Also Xhit builds when dual wielding kinda fall short... especially on multi hit ws. So taking a little bit off only on ws probably wont hurt you

VIT and STR gear goes hand in hand, like I said, so..
It's still good to know anyway, in case other options for torcleaver pop up which mainly have VIT and little to no STR.
Also, it's neat to have high STR for outside-aby situations as well.. If there would be a situation where you'd actually use GS with PLD. Maybe for sea/sky farming nowadays, if that's gonna happen for some reason. xD
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 03:09:30  
What about this modified set here

Changed belt, legs and feet.
Losing 2 VIT/6 STR (4.5 ATT), fTP mod and gaining 34 ATT/5 ACC (more depending on augments)/1% DA.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 03:11:35  
Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
VIT and STR gear goes hand in hand, like I said, so..
Not sure what you mean by that... I'm just saying if you use a str atma in abyssea all the str gear is doing is adding to att. Mobs tend to have similar stats to players with some boost based on type and nm type etc. Somewhat guessing here but I doubt most xp mobs have more than 90-100 vit. Most nms maybe 10-20 more. Figure out your str add 80 and you should be capping fstr around there.

idk what atmas you use? Oh and tp bonus earring would rock lol
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 03:18:51  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Not sure what you mean by that... I'm just saying if you use a str atma in abyssea all the str gear is doing is adding to att. Mobs tend to have similar stats to players with some boost based on type and nm type etc. Somewhat guessing here but I doubt most xp mobs have more than 90-100 vit. Most nms maybe 10-20 more. Figure out your str add 80 and you should be capping fstr around there.

idk what atmas you use? Oh and tp bonus earring would rock lol

I mean that like every item you can add for VIT also has STR on it, so having too much STR can't be helped unless you also take away VIT. ^^d

EDIT: Oh and I didn't finish the GS before servers went down, so I didn't get to actually test anything, be it gear or atmas.
I'm just thinking about the future here and since the thread is about PLD DD and sword isn't PLD's only mean to be decent.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 03:27:08  
Perhaps.. pld/sam might end up being decent with gswd
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 03:37:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Perhaps.. pld/sam might end up being decent with gswd
It, most likely, is a good option for pure DDing, if you only farm cruor/exp/seals or the process of lvling. xD
But usually you prepare for different tasks as well, no matter where you go. And PLD ends up having to tank/pull a lot in most situations as well. So, /war, /nin or at least /dnc (dont lol xD) are your subs of choise most of the time. :/
All great, however, and /war also adds some more proc WS' too.
But yea, /sam certainly would own for spammage if you don't need zerk/WC.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 03:50:17  
I still think swd might do better... but part of that is the gearing atmaing and the ws.

But nice fun alternative see what it could do.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10