THF TP Gear Question?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF TP gear question?
THF TP gear question?
First Page 2
 Fairy.Aiburn
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 11:43:55  
I am curious about straight TP gear on THF. Is losing 5% Haste in this build...

Worth gaining the Acc, Dex, Agi, Str, Double Att, and Store TP in this build?

It breaks down to a loss of 5% Haste, but gaining 72 Def,8 Str, 13 Dex, 12 Agi, 7 Acc, Double Attack and Store TP.

I want to say it is worth it, but I hear too much about haste pwns all for TP.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-23 11:48:21  
Bravo's Subligar over Aurore Brais?
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-07-23 11:48:53  
Haste is almost always the best choice. Most of thfs damage comes from WS anyway. Put the Aurore Brais into the top build and it looks pretty solid.

Didnt check but if you havent already make sure you also put some merits into SA/TA timers. The sooner these are ready the better off you are.

If you are in a pt with a good setup you can alternate SA+WS and TA+WS. With enough haste and dual yield bonus's you should be able to build TP fast enough to be ready to WS as each of these come available.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 11:49:49  
Use first set, add Aurore Brais, swap body if necessary, ???, profit

EDIT: Rajas wru
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 11:51:03  
Yeah, I tp in about 40-45 seconds in that top build. Was mostly curious if the Double att, and Store TP would get me there any faster.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-07-23 11:53:14  
Fairy.Aiburn said:
Yeah, I tp in about 40-45 seconds in that top build. Was mostly curious if the Double att, and Store TP would get me there any faster.

One of the Math wiz's on here can probably run the numbers but i highly doubt the STp off Aurore will beat out the number of attacks gained from full haste build.

If you havent already picked up a different earring you should work towards getting a Supp. earring because iirc it gives a 5% bonus to dual yield.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 11:55:52  
I did the math for DNC (who has a weaker base mix-match set) and it favored mix-match comfortably, so should be the same story here but more so. I did include the aforementioned Aurore legs in mix-match though, along with Rajas and Suppa.
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 11:56:53  
Already have Bushi. ><; I originally just got the legs to replace Bravo's. Sounds like that exactly what ill be doing. Thanks agoin for those thoughts.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 11:58:29  
Bushi with SAM44?
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 11:58:30  
Have Tamas for BLM and SMN already. Thats why Jaeger, Im too cheap to drop 100k on Sniper's for 1 Acc. Thanks Night.
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 11:59:10  
Was lvling Sam with the full intent of 75 as I got that ring. /phail i know.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 11:59:47  
Rajas is irreplaceable on melee jobs, Tamas is inventory +1.

EDIT: then why not drop Bushi and redo DM?
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 12:01:48  
I will soon enough.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-07-23 12:08:00  
Fairy.Aiburn said:
Have Tamas for BLM and SMN already. Thats why Jaeger, Im too cheap to drop 100k on Sniper's for 1 Acc. Thanks Night.
Just a suggestion, since you already have Tamas, but if you have the free time to camp NMs you could probably get the Lava/Kushas' ring combo. DEF:+6 ACC+12 ATTK+6 and ele-resists+5 when they are both equipped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 12:14:13  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Rajas is irreplaceable on melee jobs
and takes 5 minutes to obtain. Lava's/Kusha's on the other hand have a terrible drop rate and are noticeably inferior.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-23 12:45:00  
BLM has a lot better options that Tamas now (2x 6INT rings or 6INT + sorc ring) and Tamas is pretty much just and MP (and - enmity) ring for SMN.

Tamas is sadly gone the way of Sattva becoming a pretty useless ring that has been superseded and outclassed by other items, but always have a group of die hard supporters.
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 13:22:12  
Please explain to me why I should pay for a 6 int ring? I'm a taru blm with a Sorc. Ring and a free 5 int. I have 116 int before food in my nuking gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 13:28:12  
With that attitude, I'm not sure why you paid for/haven't sold the Sorc Ring.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-23 13:31:04  
Not to derail any further but because 6 > 5? On top of that those rings should drop in price rather quickly as well.

to your original question, What everyone else has already said, Replace Bravo's with Aurore and you're set.

If you're adamant on keeping that Inv+1 Ring get Lava's/Kusha's, and re-do Diving Might for a Suppa.

However, you should deeply consider the benefits Rajas rings offer to any serious melee and go from there!
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Im curious why jaeger, are you trying to resist sleep or run some east ronfraures or something?

Also, Jaeger ring doesn't have Resist Sleep, only Acc+4 R.acc+4!

Unless you're talking about something else ~.~;;
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-23 13:41:37  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Not to derail any further but because 6 > 5? On top of that those rings should drop in price rather quickly as well. to your original question, What everyone else has already said, Replace Bravo's with Aurore and you're set. If you're adamant on keeping that Inv+1 Ring get Lava's/Kusha's, and re-do Diving Might for a Suppa. However, you should deeply consider the benefits Rajas rings offer to any serious melee and go from there!
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Im curious why jaeger, are you trying to resist sleep or run some east ronfraures or something?
Also, Jaeger ring doesn't have Resist Sleep, only Acc+4 R.acc+4! Unless you're talking about something else ~.~;;

He must be talking about the third ring ._.
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 13:43:55  
Sorry Night, Wasn't trying to have an attitude. But 1 Int does not = 10 MaB. Cost vs Benefit on that one. Not to mention the 6 int is rediculous to get.

@ Karb, I've already dropped Bushi, Will be grabbing Supp soon enough. :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 13:58:44  
Prices on Aquilo's Ring will go down, but last I checked Snow Ring is pretty cheap already. Here it's below 300k.

EDIT: and Galdr's costs nothing at all~
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 14:02:58  
Snow doesn't replace Tamas. Aquilo will, but again what price do you put on +1 Int?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 14:05:26  
Fairy.Aiburn said:
Snow doesn't replace Tamas.
Snow + Aqua + Ether does. What replaces Rajas?
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 14:09:28  
LOL my bad, I got completely lost there for a while. Spaced out that you were arguing Rajas over Tamas... I got too distracted w/ the BLM gear. /facepalm. Sorry
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-07-23 14:37:39  
Like others mentioned use aurore over bravo's. Also is this for EXP or whatnot? If you aren't pulling, I would also recommend something in the ammo slot: Bomb Core, Fire Bomblet, Black Tathlum. Something along those lines that fits into your budget.

If your accuracy is capped using the top set you mentioned (with aurore pants) then you have a solid 22% haste which is good. If accuracy is not capped Aurore Body can also be a viable option for TP gain as well.

Also this is just me personally, I would swap the daggers just so Blau is in offhand with lower delay, since they do both have 33 Damage but to each their own.

Keep up the good work! :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 14:51:52  
Fairy.Aiburn said:
LOL my bad, I got completely lost there for a while. Spaced out that you were arguing Rajas over Tamas... I got too distracted w/ the BLM gear. /facepalm. Sorry
np lol
Quetzalcoatl.Selim said:
Like others mentioned use aurore over bravo's. Also is this for EXP or whatnot? If you aren't pulling, I would also recommend something in the ammo slot: Bomb Core, Fire Bomblet, Black Tathlum. Something along those lines that fits into your budget.

If your accuracy is capped using the top set you mentioned (with aurore pants) then you have a solid 22% haste which is good. If accuracy is not capped Aurore Body can also be a viable option for TP gain as well.

Also this is just me personally, I would swap the daggers just so Blau is in offhand with lower delay, since they do both have 33 Damage but to each their own.

Keep up the good work! :D
Doesn't matter which is main/offhanded with the same base damage, TP/hit is calculated from the average of the two weapons' delay. The ammo recommendation is solid though.
 Fairy.Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2010-07-23 15:03:27  
Awesome thought about the daggers, it never even occured to me to switch those. And yes this is just straight up exp tp build. I have situational (pulling, SA/TA, Eva, attk) builds too. Thanks for the thoughts!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-07-23 17:24:30  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Doesn't matter which is main/offhanded with the same base damage, TP/hit is calculated from the average of the two weapons' delay. The ammo recommendation is solid though.

I totally forgot about that,my bad. I'm just used to having lower delay in offhand X:
First Page 2