Iota Ring Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Iota Ring Worth It?
Iota Ring Worth It?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Dreakon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-10 12:42:36  
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 12:47:44  
Sylph.Kimble said:
You could also Phalanx II people, and have them take little to no damage. You also need JA, Sub, to make /SCH work.

As a RDM/WHM, you dont need JA to function well.
True. But I wont merit phalanx II. Everything else is just too good. Not to mention a sch can phalanx better and once the lvl cap increase a rdm/sch can too. Much better in fact with the way the equation works. Now maybe if they actually make phalanx II better than phalanx 1 I'll think about it.

And thanks to composure I get ja pretty early (like 2nd so often in the opening box). And really it is much more efficient. Especially since I never get a ballad. I've gone /whm before. My mp runs out so fast and I and therefore the group has to take breaks while I rest for mp
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 12:51:58  
If you are getting JA as RDM 2nd, before your 2nd DD and the THF, something is wrong with your group.

Also, you are basing things on future increase when we have no idea what you well actaully get as a sub, or if it will be gimped.

Even then at 99 RDM/SCH would still be stick with 2 charges, on 2 min cooldown.
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-10 12:53:12  
Sylph.Kimble said:
If you are getting JA as RDM 2nd, before your 2nd DD and the THF, something is wrong with your group.
If the group operates fine that way then there's nothing wrong with the group, just because you do it differently doesn't make it wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 12:54:11  
Except composure barely makes a difference compared to giving melee/thf JA's. A thf without TA and SA is complete trash DD wise, what'a s RDM without composure? The same thing, composure is barely noticable.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 13:07:24  
Sylph.Kimble said:

Also, you are basing things on future increase when we have no idea what you well actaully get as a sub, or if it will be gimped. Even then at 99 RDM/SCH would still be stick with 2 charges, on 2 min cooldown.
Yeah our thfs suck. Hell half the time lately we've been doing 5 man so we don't have a thf that is actually there just someones alt that sticks TH on 35 droppers. Anyways generally deemed keeping me from having to rest > jaing another person.

All I'm assuming on that is I can AOE stuff and that I will get the spells the same lvl. Not really a big assumption.

But sure I suppose they could give everyone access to all convert and refresh and not give anything for /sch. I mean they do hate rdm with a passion.

On the other other hand what does /whm get potentially by 49 that /sch wouldn't? Some teles? Flash repose cura. Meh. The afflatus's are kinda cool. Granted you wont get the bonus for holy ensuna auspice or sacrifice. And banish whatever lol. And SE might gimp the stoneskin and bar element bonus.

And 2 charges are better than none. It's enough to keep phalanx up and occasionally use it for something else. Which considering fully meritted phalanx II at 99 will several dmg lower than phalanx I... assuming I actually in situation to use it. Otherwise probably just do lazy hastegas and such.

But sure who knows maybe they might even pull a fast one and say sorry *** we only going to 80 LOLOLOLOLOL. I'm only speculating on what will be as far as we know now. Not what new stuff they might add or take away or change
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 13:08:07  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Except composure barely makes a difference compared to giving melee/thf JA's. A thf without TA and SA is complete trash DD wise, what'a s RDM without composure? The same thing, composure is barely noticable.
Clearly you no nothing about composure. Assuming you only keep haste/refresh on you and you don't full time the ability so you do haste/refresh cylce on yourself when refresh wears that's saving 160 mp 7.5 min. That's better than auto refresh. And it gets better and better the more you keep on yourself. And if you say are grabbing stuff off people so you keep stoneskin up etc...

It's the only good thing rdm has gotten... um since they made the job
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 13:18:21  
Is Composure bad? No.

Is it so good you should have access to it before 2 of your DDs? Again no.

Like I said, If you keep Phalanx on your DDs, wont have MP issues.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-10 13:29:37  
While I agree with Dasva on most of his points, I disagree on RDM geting opac (JA) that soon.

Second Opac goes to second MNK or DD (depending on set up).

Unless you are going in with 4 (MNK, THF, RDM and BRD) then maybe, but I would still probably give it to the THF before the RDM. Especially in AR where you need to steal cells from the QQ.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-10 13:46:06  
Sylph.Kimble said:
if you are going to call people out over something like hedlong belt vs swift belt, then people will call you out if you are missing gear that is clearly better and not that hard to get.

If you are going to blindly rush to your friend's defense, with your white knight attitude, please try to do so based on a point that's not as hypocrite as what you mentioned above. She made a stupid comment and you should recognize it as such.

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Iota ring is crap, whenever I see someone using it I know they're a bad player.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:

Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-10 13:48:23  
Whenever I see threads like these, I know they'll end up like this:

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 14:05:46  
I know what she said, and I agree, Iota ring is not good for 1 handed jobs. +5 acc rings are cheap, and the +3 Dex will most likely not break a crit hit rate tier.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-10 14:09:55  
Also consider the Iota ring has no negative stats. Meaning less of a chance to get a really nasty drain/aspir/sleep landed on you or hit as hard (Sniper Ring -20 dark -10 DEF) or more of a chance to evade possible AOEs coming your way (Woodsman Ring -10 Eva) while you're TPing.

In fact it gives you stats to benefit what you would lose while wearing either two: AGI for evasion and VIT for actually getting hit. The bonuses are minor and somewhat insignificant but the negative stats that you'd get using the standard acc rings are what stick out like a sore thumb in many situations.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 14:11:07  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Blood_Ring

Says sup.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-10 14:13:15  
/shrug. Maybe not everyone is into ZNM, and an Iota ring would be easier to get their hands on. Everyone's playstyles are different. As long as they're pointing in the right direction I won't criticize them for having something slightly weaker than something only slightly better.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 14:16:00  
Comes from a T1 ZNM that doesnt take long to get zeni for to pop it, and can be soloed by some jobs.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 14:16:58  
Iota ring is going out of your way to get, and takes weeks(months?) of Einherjar to get, AND is a downgrade to a 50k gil ring.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-10 14:18:15  
Just sayin, maybe someone is really into Ein over ZNM. Doesn't make em wrong. But I will agree that there are much better things to get with Ichtor than that ring, and many good/better alternatives to an Iota ring for TPing.
 Ragnarok.Faelivrin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Faelivrin
By Ragnarok.Faelivrin 2010-04-10 14:21:26  
Iota Ring is the best accuracy ring you can get if you can't get a Toreador. Idk why people say it's crap :/ maybe you rather use Uthlama's Ring for TP but still, if you chose another ring (or someone using your character dropped it "by mistake" like happened to me.......) and can't afford Toreador, this is totally the best you can get, IMO. And yeah Uthlama gives you attack, but this gives you more accuracy and also other nice stats. Plus it's good for THF and for Penta Thrust and any dex/acc based WS.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-10 14:23:31  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Iota ring is going out of your way to get, and takes weeks(months?) of Einherjar to get, AND is a downgrade to a 50k gil ring.

If you have a good Einherjar ls, it does not take months to get an Iota ring. However if you have back line jobs you shouldnt be getting an Iota ring first, but if you only have DD jobs why not.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 14:27:06  
Assuming you do nothing but T3's(which doesn't really happen), it takes a month to get 15840 ichor. So yes, it takes a while.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-10 14:29:45  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Assuming you do odin every single einherjar(this isnt even possible), it takes over a month to get Iota ring. So yes, it does take months.

Odin is 2,200 Ichors a run. You need 15k to get an Iota Ring. That means it would take about 7-8 Odins to get one. Tier 3s do not give a drastically less amount of ichors than Odin.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 14:30:21  
I edited what I typed <_< I was typing while changing gear and said the wrong thing.

Odin gives 2880, t3's give 1900ish.

Or, you could go to the AH, buy a woodsman, and have a better ring.

???

:(?
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-10 14:31:01  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
I edited it , i was typing while changing gear and didn't think, god!

Odin gives 2880.

Well you have demonstrated your stupidity, you can't blame people for assuming you might be doing so again.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-10 14:31:42  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Assuming you do odin every single einherjar(this isnt even possible), it takes over a month to get Iota ring. So yes, it does take months.

It is possible, Odin gives you a lot of Ampoules of Therion Ichor. My ls used to do 2Odins a month before I quit. Not sure how they doing now.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 14:32:17  
Show me where I'm stupid, because so far no one has been able to show me why 4 acc > 5 acc.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-04-10 14:33:17  
-eats popcorn-
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-10 14:33:55  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
lol? Really? I typed the wrong thing for 30 seconds, then edited it instantly and I'm an idiot? Nice.

Ninth post of the topic:
Sylph.Kozuki said:

Then the following four pages is you and your friend defending how dishonourable everyone is for calling you out on your below average gear.

Yes, you're an idiot.

[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-10 14:35:19  
Gals stop it please. If you have a mage job, Omega ring would be a better choice for you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-10 14:41:09  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Gals stop it please. If you have a mage job, Omega ring would be a better choice for you.

You obviously didn't read the OP lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7