フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » 360 controller on the pc
360 controller on the pc
First Page 2
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-14 19:42:52  
Well my most recent Logitech pad controller crapped out on me so I need a new controller that wont crap out within 2months. All the suggestions I have had have been "wired 360 controller" but no one knows if I need another piece or its just plug in and go.

So my question is...how does a 360 controller work on a pc.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-14 19:43:35  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Well...my logitech gamepad controller shitted out on me.
anyone have any suggestions on what to buy?

Wired 360 controller!
how does it work? <.> just plug in and go?

On Vista yes, Vista auto acquires software and you just config in PoL, should be same for 7 and XP seeing as they are all Microsoft.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-14 19:44:27  
Wired just plug in and it will auto config to your system, you go into PoL/FFXI Config and assign buttons.

Edit**

You can also buy a wireless setup specifically for PC with this thing that goes into your USB but I have not used that.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-14 19:48:04  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Wired just plug in and it will auto config to your system, you go into PoL/FFXI Config and assign buttons.

Edit**

You can also buy a wireless setup specifically for PC with this thing that goes into your USB but I have not used that.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
-.-
I wasted a topic then.
Know where I'm going in the morning now.
 Diabolos.Thebeano
サーバ: Diabolos
user: beano
By Diabolos.Thebeano 2010-02-14 19:55:11  
Ive been using wireless 360 controller on my pc for a few years now, works fine with ffxi.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=090&active_tab=overview

and you can download the drivers you will need here.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&sku=JR9-00001

hope this helps.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-02-14 20:17:53  
on XP i had to find drivers

after upgrading to 7 just plug/play it finds the drivers itself

but then i had to use Xpadder to get triggers to work

but still use keyboard
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-14 20:24:26  
Solved own problem sry :< I think ... resetting should work.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-14 20:39:22  
Hmmm I wanted to try everything I cld find possible before having to ask but ya I cant get laptop to pick up one of 4 xbox 360 wireless pads that are all unfortnately set to the xbox 360 already and will just turn it on and the corresponding green light on if i do so.

I got the correct version and got the little black oval thing with the xbox 360 logo and 4 grey controller lights
"microsoft xbox360 accessories status" but I cant locate the button to scan for controllers, like what the little white button next to memory slot b does on console.

Anyone know what im missing? just want 1 of these 4 controllers to work for the pc instead of my battered ps2 replica pad.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-14 22:12:28  
Ok ty.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 13:12:06  
*raises hand*

I have a question.

Exactly what kind of "wireless dongle" will I need?

Would this suffice?
Or how about this?
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 13:21:45  
Lol that is a completely new controller. Is there just the wireless dongle I can buy somewhere? :3

If not, I can repurchase another controller!
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-15 13:22:18  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:

Edit**

The usb adapter is discontinued and hard to find. But I love mine. Best $20 I spent.
IDK if it was mentioned but when you use teh 360 controller on PC you lose use of the triggers. So i suggest moving your triggers to the matching bumper and making autorun the back button. that way the layout feels almost the exact same.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 13:29:53  
lol I found it!

nearly as much as the controller and the dongle itself. I'll just buy the controller xD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 14:50:19  
Fenrir.Abrupt said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the basic Microsoft drivers don't allow you to use the triggers as buttons, correct?

I use the triggers as the Ctrl/Alt macro buttons, similar to how it's done on the normal xBox controls. If you're interested in using drivers that are non-standard to allow use of those triggers, here's the one for wired:

http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=2006

And here is one for wireless:

http://www.katch.ne.jp/~morii/driver/x360wc/index.html

They're completely different drivers from different developers. The wired one is a latest compiled version of the XBCD driver, which allows some advanced functionality like deadzone modification, and changing the axis and button reporting. The wireless one, which I use, does all of that and also lets you bind functions to the center Guide button (in my case, it acts as the Ventrillo push-to-talk key).

As a last note, if you're using Vista/Win7 in a 64-bit flavor, the drivers may not load due to being unsigned. You can allow this one particular driver to load by using a program to self-sign it for testing and turning on test mode in Windows - the program to do it can be found here:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

Again, you'll only need that if it's Vista/Win7 64-bit flavors. If you don't like the driver, you can naturally leave it installed and just specify in Device Manager to use the default Microsoft provided drivers as well.

Back before the 360 controllers were thankfully released, I used to use original xBox controllers with USB tips spliced in an extremely ghetto fashion onto the end - that was pretty awesome.
No x32 love? D:

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Nanii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2010-02-15 14:55:16  
I play on my Pc with my PS3 Sixaxis to install it so ur driver reads the Controller go to this site

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/game-setup-tweeking-optimizing-q/72898-ps3-controller-ps3-ffxigamepad-config-setup.html

There is Video and Step by Step How to Do it Very Easy and very light when u play hehe..
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 15:16:18  
Fenrir.Abrupt said:
You can use them on 32-bit, you just don't need to self-sign the drivers. It's easier, basically.
Which one would be better to download? I have Vista x32.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-15 16:03:16  
Is nVidia graphics card a must have? Or will ATI work? D:

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-15 16:31:05  
wireless
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Well my most recent Logitech pad controller crapped out on me so I need a new controller that wont crap out within 2months. All the suggestions I have had have been "wired 360 controller" but no one knows if I need another piece or its just plug in and go.

So my question is...how does a 360 controller work on a pc.
wireless can work, but either wireless or wired requires the driver and xpadder period...

the trigger buttons need xpadder
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-15 18:40:00  
Thanks everybody, now all I got to do is get used to the 360 <.>
By Antonaki 2010-02-15 19:05:03  
Asura.Stubbs said:
I'm not too fond of xpadder so i opted to instead map my macro sets to my bumpers and move the auto-run toggle to the start button. I tried using select as auto-run and quickly realized that trying to hold up on the left stick and reach the select button at the same time was messy. I'd say overall the feeling is still very similar to playing on the xbox 360 and I don't notice that much when I switch between the two.

i moved to the bumpers for macros but i put /heal as click on the left stick and autorun as click on the right stick. dont need to reach anything that way
First Page 2