users online
FFXI D/L
First Page 2
 Sylph.Kaira
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 10:28:23  
Ok, So my computer contracted a virus. In which the only possible fix was to reformat...
So I reformatted not knowing that my friend had taken my ffxi install discs... He lives 4 hours away from me...
Is there anyway to D/L it?
 Seraph.Crunk
サーバ: Seraph
user: Crunk
By Seraph.Crunk 2010-01-13 10:29:44  
Find a torrent somewhere, or I think you can D/L from Playonline's website somewhere.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 10:30:59  
Seraph.Crunk said:
Find a torrent somewhere, or I think you can D/L from Playonline's website somewhere.
The one I found on PoL sent me to Steam..
So I d/l that version...
And I cannot USE that fckin version unless I also log into Steam...
That Steam program makes me so mad I could not even begin to tell you...
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 10:52:38  
You can download the PC version of FFXI off torrents. You've already purchased the game so the keys are tied into your account. It doesn't matter if you bought the cd images or not. They'll work regardless.

As for steam, I'm fairly certain Steam wouldn't work for you unless you purchased FFXI through steam and the pol account was tied to your steam account. Steam servers won't let just anybody download games from them even if they own another format of that game (like a retail copy of Dawn of War for instance), it would kill their servers.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:07:01  
Kujata.Erim said:
You can download the PC version of FFXI off torrents. You've already purchased the game so the keys are tied into your account. It doesn't matter if you bought the cd images or not. They'll work regardless.

As for steam, I'm fairly certain Steam wouldn't work for you unless you purchased FFXI through steam and the pol account was tied to your steam account. Steam servers won't let just anybody download games from them even if they own another format of that game (like a retail copy of Dawn of War for instance), it would kill their servers.
I did Buy it XD
It was a quick fix (I did pay but I got all the mini expansions so its not a waste)
I'm trying to find a torrent..
But I'm not familiar with them and it wont d/l the torrent and I got Vuse and this sucks
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:27:50  
I'm not sure if posting torrent links here is allowed. If it isn't than I suppose my post will just be removed.

Vana'diel Collection @Isohunt

The one above looks good enough. Keep in mind if you use Vista or Win7 you'll still have to download POL from their website though.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:29:16  
Would you suggest Vuse or uTorrent?
Cuz they both say like 3 days to D/l it Which doesn't seem right since they have comments for 3-5 hours

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:33:19  
uTorrent. And torrents take time, it'll probably pick up speed later.
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:34:21  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
You can download the entire FFXI including updates up to July 2009; http://neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/ Bookmark it!!

How would you get a collection of ROM and sound folders to function as a complete installation though?
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:36:04  
Kujata.Erim said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:
You can download the entire FFXI including updates up to July 2009; http://neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/ Bookmark it!!

How would you get a collection of ROM and sound folders to function as a complete installation though?
That's what I was wondering :3

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:42:27  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Kujata.Erim said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:

When FFXI is installed it doesn't add directories or anything, it just checks if the file is there when it is loaded then if the file is not there then you will get an error while your playing FFXI and/or on POL. In other words, you can save your entire FFXI ROM files on a DVD then just copy/paste them once POL is installed.

Also, your one stop shop for every. single. program. possible. (maintenance is happening now so couldn't check for FFXI, sorry lol)

http://www.h33t.com/

Worry not though, the website itself doesn't have viruses, as far as the programs go, it's the same as limewire or w/e, just make sure you download a program with good feedback and such.
I just want FFXI back on my comp ; ;
I called SE and they said 'You need to BUY the game again'
I have 3 gd accts and they want MORE money?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:47:03  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
The FFXI collector's edition DVD with all the expansions is only $5. I have that DVD but it's 4.29 GBs ><; IDK how much transfer is allowed in messenger but I could maybe be able to do that for you after I add it to a RAR.
I don't even know what you're talking about? RAR?
:/

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-01-13 11:47:59  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
><;
explain? :x
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:50:02  
FFXI unfortunately consists of more than just ROM and sound folders however. The installation also makes entries in your registry. I'm almost positive downloading just the files located on that website wouldn't work. Unless you have actually gone through these steps then I doubt it would work.

Downloading that torrent may be slow, but its the cheapest (ie free) and most reliable method I can recommend.

Also, a RAR is a compressed folder of sorts, in layman terms. Its another format of the ZIP file, if you know what that is.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-01-13 11:50:09  
http://www.direct2drive.com/
This is the site i D/Led the new Expansion.
They might have the All in one for ya for like 20 ^^
Hope this helps

edit: http://www.direct2drive.com/8613/product/Buy-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-ULTIMATE-COLLECTION-Download
Found it ^^
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:50:44  
Kujata.Erim said:
FFXI unfortunately consists of more than just ROM and sound folders however. The installation also makes entries in your registry. I'm almost positive downloading just the files located on that website wouldn't work. Unless you have actually gone through these steps then I doubt it would work.

Downloading that torrent may be slow, but its the cheapest (ie free) and most reliable method I can recommend.
That's what I got :/
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-01-13 11:51:08  
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:52:23  
Torrents under a day at least :/
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:53:19  
Since you don't know exactly what a RAR file is, I imagine there might be some confusion on your part after your torrent is complete... I imagine you've never used a CD Image or Virtual Drive before.
 Sylph.Kaira
By Sylph.Kaira 2010-01-13 11:55:32  
Kujata.Erim said:
Since you don't know exactly what a RAR file is, I imagine there might be some confusion on your part after your torrent is complete... I imagine you've never used a CD Image or Virtual Drive before.
Whaaa?
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 11:57:01  
Sylph.Kaira said:
Kujata.Erim said:
Whaaa?

Ya... I'll PM you instructions lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-13 12:28:56  
I have the 2008 collection uploaded as a torrent. I'll find the link real quick.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5209870/Final_Fantasy_XI_%28FFXI%29_Collection_2008_and_Vista_POL
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-13 12:32:19  
Also, my torrent does not require any sort of mounting. It will install directly from the folder you download it to.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-01-13 12:48:49  
Hmm.. I recall downloading it from the PoL site after playing on my 360 for a long time. But I don't know what this "steam" is? Although I still bought the game again with all the expansions..
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-13 12:55:08  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I have the 2008 collection uploaded as a torrent. I'll find the link real quick.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5209870/Final_Fantasy_XI_(FFXI)_Collection_2008_and_Vista_POL

this. I d/l'd this last week after I had to reinstall windows. Worked perfectly, although it's american so I can't use any menus :p get this one!!

(edit, Thanks for uploading! I seeded for like 6 days afterwards)
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-13 12:56:30  
The one I linked her is identical with more seeds. I downloaded the NFO file to make sure it didn't have any CD Images.
First Page 2