users online
Windower
First Page 2
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2009-12-23 13:36:38  
SO, I'm having a problem.. When I logged on this morning, I installed the newest POL update that had like 14 files in it.. Then when I logged into the game.. all of my "console .exec" macros weren't working. Anyone have any idea how to fix it, or what the problem is?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2009-12-23 13:40:47  
Did you close POL after the update and reload it?

Every time there's a POL update, the auto restart loads the regular POL for me so I need to close it and re-load the Windower one.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2009-12-23 13:42:40  
ahhhhh word.. yeah that fixed it.. TYVM.. yeah I'm dumb.. sorry about that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2009-12-23 13:45:31  
NP. Glad I could help.
[+]
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-12-23 13:54:55  
I'm a new Windower user myself. Where can I set it up to get more than 6 lines in a macro? Is this an add-on or a feature I can't figure out?

Thanks!
[+]
By semimmortal 2009-12-23 13:57:42  
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/~ak404/ffxi/ffxi-macros.html
Nice little guide, and easy to follow too (used it the first time I downloaded windower).
[+]
By semimmortal 2009-12-23 14:01:41  
Damn, pushed the "Submit" instead of preview... oh well, also try this after trying the above for more in-depth guide.
http://www.staronion.com/maiev/nfblog/?page_id=204
Teaches also how to bind keys to certain scripts (like a full resting gear by pushing alt-r in my case to save page/space).
 Bahamut.Pjohn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-23 14:08:09  
go to the windower site and look it up. w/o knowing how computer savvy you are and if you would understand my generic terminology you'd prob be better off. But I'll try.

Locate your init.txt open a new notepad and name it and save it there in the same folder.

Make the file name simple because you will need to use the exact spelling in the game. example sch_enf.txt

now you can make a item set here and copy and paste it to that note pad and save it or you can try it all out yourself.
keep with the format below and you can add as many pieces as you like.

input /equip main "Terra's Staff";

You need the ; at the end it tells the program where this specific command ends. No space either cause it can cause weird results.

to call this file in game you would put this in 1 macro line

/console exec sch_enf.txt

note if you use item sets here you will have to take the "d" off ranged

Good Luck
 Fairy.Lilman
サーバ: Fairy
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-12-23 14:13:22  
If you're more computer savvy... This can be much more helpful for mage jobs or making jobs a bit easier to use, if you have questions, I'll be glad to help out in PMs.

http://windower.net/plugins/spellcast
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-12-23 14:55:52  
Let me repeat so that I understand:

In the scripts folder, create a new notepad file, name it simple, then proceed to entering as many gear swaps as I need. Then when in game, to initiate a long gear swap, macro in /console exec doc.txt. And this can be followed by /ma "Thunder IV" <t> in the same macro?
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-23 15:01:29  
Yes that is how i do it

/console exec rdm_enf.txt Line 1
/ma bind <stnpc> Line 2

you can also do it in the script also

input /ma bind <stnpc>;

Edit: you can still equip other gear like you want your elemental set for nukes leave out the staffs in the script you create and just add the staff in your normal macro.
By semimmortal 2009-12-23 15:01:59  
Asura.Hatheron said:
Let me repeat so that I understand:

In the scripts folder, create a new notepad file, name it simple, then proceed to entering as many gear swaps as I need. Then when in game, to initiate a long gear swap, macro in /console exec doc.txt. And this can be followed by /ma "Thunder IV" <t> in the same macro?
Correct.

You could also put it in a folder to keep it organized then just change the "/console exec doc.txt" to "/console exec SCH/doc.txt" (assuming it's in the SCH folder).
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-12-23 15:04:16  
That's pretty cool. But in that guide he says this:

"Additionally, semicolons are used to close lines only. Any macro lines with a semicolon that are used for any purpose except a close result an error."

When would you not want a ';' to close a line?
 Bahamut.Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-23 15:07:10  
Asura.Hatheron said:
That's pretty cool. But in that guide he says this:

"Additionally, semicolons are used to close lines only. Any macro lines with a semicolon that are used for any purpose except a close result an error."

When would you not want a ';' to close a line?

When you want to leave some note in there to yourself. be sure not to leave spaces in between your command and the ";".
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-12-23 15:10:20  
{Understood.} I think I got it. Thanks fellas. ^_^
 Seraph.Touvan
サーバ: Seraph
user: Touvan
By Seraph.Touvan 2009-12-24 03:19:02  
I have a question myself. What is the name of the plugin that creates more

visually appealing names, linkshell icons, LFG icons, etc?
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-12-24 03:22:08  
http://emikoffxi.livejournal.com/
[+]
 Seraph.Touvan
user: Touvan
By Seraph.Touvan 2009-12-24 03:25:27  
Thanks Baelorn ^^
By semimmortal 2009-12-24 03:27:32  
Not a plugin but more of a mod/dat-swap.
Check FFXIStyle.

This one's related too: Brandson Icon Dat
By semimmortal 2009-12-24 03:27:53  
<~ slowpoke D:
 Siren.Aytac
サーバ: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-01-04 20:12:48  
I'm having a problem with my windower recast. it just won't load! everything else works but not that. i've gone to windower.net and saved the recast file to my plugins folder. isn't that all you're supposed to do?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-04 20:43:39  
Siren.Aytac said:
I'm having a problem with my windower recast. it just won't load! everything else works but not that. i've gone to windower.net and saved the recast file to my plugins folder. isn't that all you're supposed to do?
Should be... What version is the Recast .dll? If it's older than 1.7.3.0 you need the new one, if you've got that one I'm not sure what the problem is.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2010-01-04 21:05:22  
you can also make item sets on this site and just copy/paste the text into notepad
[+]
 Siren.Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-01-04 22:51:17  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Aytac said:
Should be... What version is the Recast .dll? If it's older than 1.7.3.0 you need the new one, if you've got that one I'm not sure what the problem is.

I am using version 1.73
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-04 23:30:59  
Just remember that you can also use the FFXIAH to to your advantage by making macro sets on your "item sets" there, they will list your macros for ya, and you can use the walk thrus the guys tell you above.

I had a woman who was on Caitsith, who went to Shiva, she taught me right from scratch.. If you see this thread.. You know who you are... Thanks! ^.^b

Rem... use the items sets tab, when you login, input your gear and voila. Yo uhave a choice to show ppl, or you can Opt not to.. either or.. This will also help!

Good Luck!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-05 10:12:14  
Siren.Aytac said:
Siren.Aytac said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Aytac said:

I am using version 1.73
Did you get this to work? Do you have a line in your init.txt that says "load recast" ? Lots were told to comment that line out when Recast was broken, so maybe it was never changed back? What happens when you type "//load recast" in game?
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-05 10:14:28  
My recast works fine. Yarnball is what stopped working for me. No, I haven't checked for a new version. I used it for a few days before it broke.
 Siren.Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-01-05 20:56:17  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Siren.Aytac said:
Siren.Aytac said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Aytac said:

I am using version 1.73
Did you get this to work? Do you have a line in your init.txt that says "load recast" ? Lots were told to comment that line out when Recast was broken, so maybe it was never changed back? What happens when you type "//load recast" in game?

in my .init file, it shows( // recast )as does all my other 'working' plugins that are auto loaded.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-05 20:58:54  
/ executes, // means it's commented out. You may not have it set to load.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-05 21:04:32  
Right, as Nightfyre said, in your init.txt if you use the "//" preceding any lines it means it's simply there as a comment and isn't read by Windower when executed. In-game it is used differently, as "//" is used to send text directly to the windower console from XI without having to bring up the console. For reference, normal plugin loading from init.txt looks like this:

Code
//Plugins (this is a comment)

load TParty
load Distance
load Recast
load run
load tickle
load infobar
load timestamp
First Page 2