New Items
users online
Windower
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-05 21:07:39  
Btw anyone know how I load/unload something once I'm ig... like say a spellcast set?
 Siren.Aytac
サーバ: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-01-05 21:09:00  
I copied mine and this is what it looks like:

//Load plugins -- Remove the // from plugins you want to have autoloaded
// TParty : TP #'s beside party members names and HP% number on target
// Distance : Shows distance to current target
// ConsoleBG : Puts a background behind the console
// Recast : Shows Recast Timers for All Abilities and Spells
// LightLuggage : Auto stacks items entering inventory and has profile system for auto lot and pass
// Timestamp : Adds time stamps to all chat log messages
// Silence : Reduces spam of 'Equipment Changed' and other messages from the chat log.
// DrawDistance : Increases the drawing distance of the game farther than normal, creating an amazing scenery view of the game.
// Send //drawdistance set X once logged in where X is a number between 1-20 to increase. 1 = max game NORMALLY allows.
// Or press Alt+F10 to set to 5 and Ctrl+F10 to reset to 1
// SSOrganizer : Organizes all screenshots you take so you may easily find them.
// Logger : Logs all ingame chat to text files located inside of your Windower directory.
// StatusTimer : Displays timers on your buff icons on how long they will last.
// ChatMon : Displays audio alerts when chat messages are pertaining to you and filters spam.
// ExpWatch : Displays Exp/hr and other information regarding experience points gained.

load TParty
load Distance
load Recast
load LightLuggage
load TimeStamp
load DrawDistance
load SSOrganizer
load ConsoleBG
load Logger
load StatusTimer
load Silence
load ExpWatch
load ChatMon

And when I go to load recast it says: failed to load plugin (126)module not found
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-05 21:10:46  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Btw anyone know how I load/unload something once I'm ig... like say a spellcast set?

Loading and unloading a plugin:
//load expwatch
//unload expwatch

or, take off the slashes and type in:
load expwatch
unload expwatch

Into the console.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-05 21:59:15  
The only thing I can think of from that error and your problem, Aytac, is that either the plugin isn't in the right folder, or it isn't named properly. Maybe re-download the plugin and manually place it in the Plugins folder with the other .dlls just to be sure? Also did you use the Windower installer at any point? Perhaps you have 2 different install folders, like one in C:\Program Files\Windower and one in another personal location and aren't using the one you think you are? That's my best guess given the info.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-01-05 23:06:36  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

To load/unload Spellcast when in-game, type:

//load spellcast
//unload spellcast

To load a specific XML file (should you have several files for a job or if you're doing some testing), type:

//sc load spellcastfilename.xml
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-05 23:19:16  
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
To load/unload Spellcast when in-game, type:
//load spellcast
//unload spellcast
To load a specific XML file (should you have several files for a job or if you're doing some testing), type:

//sc load spellcastfilename.xml
For some reason it only works without the // and for specific all I had to do was: load spellcastblm.

Not like it is working but it did load lol. Think maybe what windower versoin matters a bit. Kinda like old ones you had to use the ~ instead of insert to get to the um console?
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-06 00:19:36  
I still use ² (~ on US keyboard) to access the console, and I'm using the latest version. I just backup my settings :o
Quote:
For some reason it only works without the // and for specific all I had to do was: load spellcastblm.

// is the shortcut for console.

// has to be typed in your chat window to send a command directly to the console. You will never have to type // when you have the console open, that's just redundant.

So it's either :

-Open the console (² / ~ / insert) => type "load blablabla"

-Type directly //load blablabla

/ would be for /ls, /party etc... That's why we use //.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-01-06 12:16:11  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
To load/unload Spellcast when in-game, type: //load spellcast //unload spellcast To load a specific XML file (should you have several files for a job or if you're doing some testing), type: //sc load spellcastfilename.xml
For some reason it only works without the // and for specific all I had to do was: load spellcastblm. Not like it is working but it did load lol. Think maybe what windower versoin matters a bit. Kinda like old ones you had to use the ~ instead of insert to get to the um console?

Sorry, I haven't have time to check back on this thread until now.

When you say "not like it is working but it did load," do you mean that the XML file loaded but it just didn't do anything? If you're trying to write your first XML file from scratch without any previous programming experience, I can see this happening. I know it happened to me. I spent a few hours one Saturday morning pouring over example XML files while writing my own, and when I logged in to test it, the only gear that swapped properly were my staves. I didn't have the programming experience to troubleshoot what had to be poorly-written code, so I scrapped the file entirely.

If you're a novice to programming, my advice would be to look over the user-submitted XMLs for BLM on the Windower site and pick out a file that approximates what you want Spellcast to do for your BLM. As a programming novice, I think it's easier to start with a working file. That way, when you start tinkering with the code to suit your gear/playstyle, you know where to look if any of your changes break the file.
 Siren.Aytac
サーバ: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-01-06 12:56:25  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
The only thing I can think of from that error and your problem, Aytac, is that either the plugin isn't in the right folder, or it isn't named properly. Maybe re-download the plugin and manually place it in the Plugins folder with the other .dlls just to be sure? Also did you use the Windower installer at any point? Perhaps you have 2 different install folders, like one in C:\Program Files\Windower and one in another personal location and aren't using the one you think you are? That's my best guess given the info.

Recast is in the plugins folder. I'm not sure what you mean by 'windower installer' though.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-01-06 17:15:50  
Siren.Aytac said:
Recast is in the plugins folder. I'm not sure what you mean by 'windower installer' though.

he's just wondering if u have 2 instances of windower installed on your computer

1 with the correct recast.dll and one without

but i would just redownload recast.dll and redrop into the plugin's folder and select remove and replace for the old one

see if that fixes it for you
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2010-01-06 18:12:01  
might need the newest resource file you can find it on windower.net but if your really having problems just download the newest version it should have everything you need on it already also if you just downlaod the newest version of the plugin without the newest rescourse file it wont work
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-01-16 12:10:51  
Anyone able to tell me just how to move around where things are located. such as the recast. I know by default its on the left side of the screen. I would like to see about moving it to the right side as well. Also is there a way to pull out some parts of the chat log and put them in there own window? I know I have see things like that.