フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Oathsworn Blade Master Trial
Oathsworn Blade Master Trial
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 15:20:18  
Not interested in doing it, is not the same as not interested in hearing about the people dumb enough to keep trying it.

I'd love to watch shiraj fail over and over and over and over and over. But I'd rather hang from my balls on a nail, than do it.

Easy logic. right.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 15:58:40  
You see I only resub to this game to fail over and over again at new content cos the rest of it is boring. No harm on my end, I enjoy this kinda thing ;p

One concept you haven't heard of before is called fun that's when you do stuff you enjoy just for the sake of doing it, doesn't need to be a reward. We are playing a game after all and if you don't enjoy it, don't play it; except you play it and don't enjoy it :(
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 16:12:43  
I didn't say anything about you enjoying yourself, only that I would be entertained watching.

You should stream the attempts, instead of trying to be first with secret tactics when no one is competing.
(There are no secret tactics by the way, everything is standard, the entire game is a flow chart. Try this then try that there's nothing new. just like aminon wasn't some big secret and just like crystal paradise wasn't special)
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 16:29:12  
I don't stream the attempts cos I know how senstive some people are on twitch, insta reporting you cos they see a third party addon etc. My group wouldn't feel comfortable with that cos if anything happened to me they'd be caught in crossfire all because I got equipviewer on my screen and some UI mods lol. We do record every attempt and just look over when we die if we missed any gimmicks/mechanics etc.

Tbh being first isn't a "desire" for these fights, it's more of if it happens, it happens. We used to share info a lot for older master trials, but for some reason no one was sharing info for Crystal paradise so we just didn't do it either. A few other groups are/were attempting this current master trial, but same thing. No one really shares info anymore, so it's like why bother myself.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-25 16:31:43  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
some UI mods lol
my brother in christ, you were talking about both anchor and react on page1
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 16:36:09  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
some UI mods lol
my brother in christ, you were talking about both anchor and react on page1

Oh yeah we tried React for testing purposes to see if that would be a viable strat. I ain't doing this fight without Anchor, but that isn't necessarily as visible since I pull to a wall anyway, only minor difference is spells don't get interrupted on the knockback moves lol.

This fight is cancer without Anchor. Every add has knockback, almost all August attacks have knockback. I am not dealing with this fight without anchor just for "vanilla" effect or it straight up isn't fun.

I've never hid the fact I use 3rd party, some stuff worse than others. I just don't care anymore. But I'm not getting my group involved with that you know since they don't use tools to the extreme like I do, such as Anchor.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 16:36:21  
It is fair, recording third party tool usage would unwise.

We do all know that all the tools will be in effect. But yeah.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-25 16:53:11  
Yeah don't go out of your way to get banned and you won't be. No one is looking. It's just people reporting other people over petty stuff.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-02-25 17:38:46  
We used to share info a lot for older master trials, but for some reason no one was sharing info for Crystal paradise so we just didn't do it either.

If this isn't too intrusive, I'd really like to go into more detail for the vid I do for this Master Trial than Crystal Paradise. At this point, do you think this fight is doable without nerfs?
By Ranoutofspace 2024-02-25 17:52:55  
Very doubtful. The regen is too strong. So it's either broken, or there is a gimmick that hasn't been found and reported on. There's still a race to be the first so the groups capable of executing strats aren't saying too much.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 18:04:35  
Ovalidal said: »
We used to share info a lot for older master trials, but for some reason no one was sharing info for Crystal paradise so we just didn't do it either.

If this isn't too intrusive, I'd really like to go into more detail for the vid I do for this Master Trial than Crystal Paradise. At this point, do you think this fight is doable without nerfs?
Sure

I don't think this fight is beatable as of right now. I had hope before, but I just lost hope. Hearing many JP groups and a couple ENG based groups say the same thing, it just doesn't seem beatable as of right now. I'd love for it to be beatable and we just can't figure out the strat, but atm It just seems like way too much HP and not enough time to kill everything. Seems like most groups have that exact same way of thinking.
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-02-25 18:22:19  
If this lasts a month I'm pretty sure it'll be the longest-lived aspirational content in a MMO in the past 10 years. I don't know how long v25s or Hard Mode Amnion lasted after becoming accessible, I'm assuming shorter than a month as character power was put behind them (and they were just easier, no doubt). That'd beat a recent WoW race at 3 weeks ~2 years ago, and to get longer than that you have to look back at early-ARR or early WoW stuff where the fights were bugged or otherwise didn't work to get longer prog times. Or intentionally unkillable stuff like AV.

That's neat, at least. Even if it's sounding like this might be in the "unkillable because of bad tuning or internal testing" category.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 18:28:24  
Kind of a flawed way to look at it, if there were more than 12 people that cared, it'd be beat already.

If it isn't beaten in a week it's not because it's impossible to figure out, it's that zero effort goes into figuring out.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 18:31:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Kind of a flawed way to look at it, if there were more than 12 people that cared, it'd be beat already.

If it isn't beaten in a week it's not because it's impossible to figure out, it's that zero effort goes into figuring out.
You say this, but the fact the furthest I have heard any group getting was 50% on August with 5 adds spawning and we timed out is wild. 50% on august is still 8 million damage + regen from the 6th add spawning. who even knows if Teodor spawns as a 7th.

Edit: around 70% of our weaponskills are 99k and rest are above 50k and we can't even get below half HP, yeah something is overtuned imo. Even if August had 0 regen it'd be one of the tightest dps checks at that's IF no more adds spawn past 6.
By Ranoutofspace 2024-02-25 18:53:27  
Yeah, the effort had been put in by multiple groups (more than 12 people) and we all came to the same conclusion. Eiryl just has to get involved in every thread when he is irrelevant. You don't even play the game so why do you need to fill the threads with useless comments like...pretty much everything you've ever written here? You have 16,000 posts of cringe on here.
By Ovalidal 2024-02-25 18:57:01  

I just made a congratulations video for Shiraj's group. The view counter is lagging, but according to YouTube analytics, the video has a thousand unique viewers in 24 hours. Sure, a fraction of those people can prog the fight. That's still more than 12 though.

You say this, but the fact the furthest I have heard any group getting was 50% on August with 5 adds spawning and we timed out is wild. 50% on august is still 8 million damage + regen from the 6th add spawning. who even knows if Teodor spawns as a 7th.

I'm still new to endgame, so I apologize in advance for the stupid questions. What are the odds that there is a hidden mechanic that either deals with regen or reduces damage reduction on August?

Also, Teodor is the 7th Naakual in the story of SoA. When I first saw the picture for the master trial, I assumed they would use the other 6 Naakuals somehow. Now that the fight is out, the first 6 Naakuals seem to be all everyone has run into. So, I'm sure Teodor will pop in as the last road block at some point.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 19:02:30  
I'm still new to endgame, so I apologize in advance for the stupid questions. What are the odds that there is a hidden mechanic that either deals with regen or reduces damage reduction on August?
Sadly with current stuff we know, even if we could make every weaponskill deal 99k we'd still time out. There's just too much HP. Too much downtime during some adds etc. We're basically getting half HP with good RNG on adds + almost all weaponskill capping damage.

Also, Teodor is the 7th Naakual in the story of SoA. When I first saw the picture for the master trial, I assumed they would use the other 6 Naakuals somehow. Now that the fight is out, the first 6 Naakuals seem to be all everyone has run into. So, I'm sure Teodor will pop in as the last road block at some point.
This is the problem. If teodor does spawn and we all assume he does, how the hell can we kill it in time with what little time we already have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 19:05:27  
The post count comment, awe ***imma have to break out the bingo card.

the video has a thousand unique viewers in 24 hours. Sure, a fraction of those people can prog the fight. That's still more than 12 though.
Not interested in doing it, is not the same as not interested in hearing about the people dumb enough to keep trying it.

I'd love to watch shiraj fail over and over and over and over and over. But I'd rather hang from my balls on a nail, than do it.

Easy logic. right.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-02-25 19:18:21  

But I'd rather hang from my balls on a nail, than do it.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-02-25 20:27:21  
Sadly with current stuff we know, even if we could make every weaponskill deal 99k we'd still time out. There's just too much HP. Too much downtime during some adds etc. We're basically getting half HP with good RNG on adds + almost all weaponskill capping damage.

That sounds absolutely insane. What is causing downtime on the adds, is it their auras, or their own HP?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 21:07:06  
That sounds absolutely insane. What is causing downtime on the adds, is it their auras, or their own HP?
Both. Each add has around 3.5m to 4m HP. Bee has infinite Blink during its aura + hate resets causing downtime. Shark has hate reset + marine mayhem insta killing anyone out of range causing more downtime. Just usual old school delve mechanics causing issues.

While you're killing the adds, August is just slowly regening HP.
Like 10% every 3 minutes. The fastest we've killed an add was 2 minutes 30 and that was every weaponskill doing 99k and August regened like 8-9% HP.
By Felgarr 2024-02-25 21:10:20  
You see I only resub to this game to fail over and over again at new content cos the rest of it is boring. No harm on my end, I enjoy this kinda thing ;p

One concept you haven't heard of before is called fun that's when you do stuff you enjoy just for the sake of doing it, doesn't need to be a reward. We are playing a game after all and if you don't enjoy it, don't play it; except you play it and don't enjoy it :(

Where can one find this fun you speak of? Do I have to make all of the prime weapons to experience it? :o
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-25 21:18:10  
Felgarr said: »
Where can one find this fun you speak of? Do I have to make all of the prime weapons to experience it? :o
I find most of my fun on ffxiv ;p
Nah but I don't find sortie or odyssey fun at all, so instead of the usual rant, I just don't play it; I don't even have a prime past stage 2.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-02-25 21:41:23  
Felgarr said: »
Where can one find this fun you speak of?

You're on it RN! FFXIAH > FFXI. I said it. :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-25 22:09:23  
Wildskeeper Reives has Naakuals.

Delve has Naakuals.

Sinister Reign has Naakuals.

Odyssey has Naakuals.

Sortie has Naakuals.

Master Trials Naakuals.

Enough with the Naakuals......
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-25 23:02:48  

This is the problem. If teodor does spawn and we all assume he does, how the hell can we kill it in time with what little time we already have.
Maybe once you kill Teodor something will occur in the fight that will elevate all forms of damage to absurd levels.

Could also be that you just need more raw power. ML50 on all participants. Max staged primes (or perhaps maxed out Empyreans). That'd be boring right, but it'd be the one fight justifying finishing all of the grinds at least once. But you'd have elevated auto attack damage over the entire duration of the fight, higher damage resistance from level difference and all that jazz, too.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-25 23:09:30  
Quote:
But you'd have elevated auto attack damage over the entire duration of the fight, higher damage resistance from level difference and all that jazz, too.

Methinks someone missed the part where people said they've been using ranged strategies because August spams Null Field, which renders melee combat pointless.

Quote:
Basically August uses Null Field every like few seconds. which is a 10" aoe dispel centered around the tank, it's impossible to be in range of August to melee while avoiding the tank. And yeah ranged setups are just way slower than melee is the main issue.

There are no melee attacks to enhance, and I seriously doubt the fight has a mechanic that spikes your damage output to an absurd degree when Teodor dies. Is it possible? Sure, anything could be in there. But is it likely? Hell no.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-26 00:47:48  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
But you'd have elevated auto attack damage over the entire duration of the fight, higher damage resistance from level difference and all that jazz, too.

Methinks someone missed the part where people said they've been using ranged strategies because August spams Null Field, which renders melee combat pointless.

Quote:
Basically August uses Null Field every like few seconds. which is a 10" aoe dispel centered around the tank, it's impossible to be in range of August to melee while avoiding the tank. And yeah ranged setups are just way slower than melee is the main issue.

There are no melee attacks to enhance, and I seriously doubt the fight has a mechanic that spikes your damage output to an absurd degree when Teodor dies. Is it possible? Sure, anything could be in there. But is it likely? Hell no.
Something something, Thorny's post on coordinating reapplication of buffs, something something debuff oriented setup, something something Null Field doesn't strip Aftermaths?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-26 00:48:01  
Ranger was the strat for what should have been 15 seconds before they realized there was absolutely no shot in hell of doing that much damage.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-26 06:04:15  
BlackmoreKnight said: »
If this lasts a month I'm pretty sure it'll be the longest-lived aspirational content in a MMO in the past 10 years. I don't know how long v25s or Hard Mode Amnion lasted after becoming accessible, I'm assuming shorter than a month as character power was put behind them (and they were just easier, no doubt). That'd beat a recent WoW race at 3 weeks ~2 years ago, and to get longer than that you have to look back at early-ARR or early WoW stuff where the fights were bugged or otherwise didn't work to get longer prog times. Or intentionally unkillable stuff like AV.

That's neat, at least. Even if it's sounding like this might be in the "unkillable because of bad tuning or internal testing" category.

Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden both took longer. First master trial took many months. Subsequent master trials were in the 1 month range. First muyingwa kill took around a month(granted, barely 11 years ago). Bumba V25 took 76 days. It's been too long for me to remember clearly, but I suspect both Arch Dynamis Lord and Hall of Mul were in the same 1 month ballpark. Hard mode Aminon didn't take very long, but it's currently only been killed using a very much cheese strategy AFAIK. For that matter, I don't think anyone has killed Bumba V25 using the intended strategy, the known strategy is very gimmicky.

This is completely normal for FFXI, and the players who do it enjoy it. I also wouldn't say it's got bad tuning yet, though lack of sufficient internal testing is probable.

If rangers can do half of the necessary damage (presumably, we don't know if there are 5 more naakuals on the tail end or something better/worse) with Shiraj's setup, then it's absolutely not unkillable for a front-line strategy that can stay alive. You can reasonably double to triple the output of a ranged strategy with a strong melee strategy. He also mentioned killing some Naakuals(presumably the piercing weak ones) in 2-3 minutes, which means having jobs like WAR with all damage types available may considerably increase damage past the gains a melee setup has available.

However, one thing to keep in mind.. a big part of some of these FFXI fights is the fact that you end up needing to try different comps. Most groups don't have every job combination they might want to try ready, and that means creating a winning strategy can involve stopping to do master levels, farm gear, or even make RMEA(P) weapons for jobs you don't have ready or haven't touched in a few content cycles.

For the groups that do everything with the same people, that is part of the gameplay loop, but it does tend to slow down things like this. For all of Shiraj's dedication to getting attempts in, he doesn't have a single prime weapon that can be used in the fight, and those are going to almost certainly be necessary to put up the proper damage in a melee-based setup. He is posting the most information, but his group is far from the best around, in gear or coordination. If Mischief's group was in here saying that it's unkillable there'd be considerably more weight behind it, but they've been oddly quiet.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8