Change to best server possible
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-08-27 17:31:05  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
...not that I'm actively playing or anything.

That's the problem right there.
Not really. It's been that way for me since 2013 (we were actively doing Delve but I got bored of the game). I'd play casually for a month or two every year just to get a few stuff done, and make some progress on my legendary weapons. Then FFXIV happened and all my MMO time has been spent there.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
There's so much bias here .. but yeah, higher population does not always mean a better experience. Some players have transferred to Asura in the past, only to move back to their original server as they couldn't fit in. It's the same for any server, you have to find your group of friends and it makes things easier.

Like I and Quizzy said, Cerberus might be small, but we are working hard to make sure everyone has a group to work with at their times. We are trying hard to get people, so if you want to join a group and ensure you have a spot, a quieter server would offer that. A higher pop server would likely have all the best players already banded together and have everything, whereas players here are still progressing and looking for new players to join them on the ride.

Difficult to sell a low-population server, but yeah, we get things done even if it takes a little longer than others. And there's no drama anywhere, mostly everyone gets along.
Your hospitable attitude is great. If I ever consider going back to play seriously & change servers, Cerberus will be at the top of my list.
[+]
By anik 2017-08-27 17:45:50  
If you are leaning towards joining Asura, I want to give you an accurate depiction of the player base, this is also an accurate depiction of discord dialogues during events:
Here is your warning!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder

... this is not an exaggeration.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-08-27 17:50:26  
Find people to play with. Don't go with pure numbers unless you're depending on shouts, and mercing your fights. In that case, larger servers may have more mercs to hire.

Also I like my server because JPs are by far the largest community with logins doubling and sometimes tripling NA peak. Things happen overnight, my AH stuff sells overnight, my bazaar sells overnight, and the economy moves. Just like how it remembered it back in the old days.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-08-28 02:40:31  
I'm coming to Asura right now to see what all the hype is about, meet me in West Ady
[+]
By xaniko 2017-08-28 03:52:29  
We're rolling a Spanish LS in Asura, so if you are coming here feel free to PM me!
[+]
 Asura.Soraishin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Soraishin 2017-08-28 04:52:10  
I just arrived, it's actually pretty lively
 Asura.Nagatna
user: Nagatna
By Asura.Nagatna 2017-08-28 09:47:03  
New people. Neat.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 09:51:58  
anik said: »
If you are leaning towards joining Asura, I want to give you an accurate depiction of the player base, this is also an accurate depiction of discord dialogues during events:
Here is your warning!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder

... this is not an exaggeration.
:Packs my bags: here I come Asura!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-08-28 11:33:52  
Asura has an abundance of returning players of all types, I actually partied up with empy+2 thief and some other aby geared players last night to help them do stuff, It was pretty fun partying with English speaking players
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-08-28 11:38:47  
Asura is FFXI...all your base are belong to us....

Welcome. Enjoy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-08-28 11:56:17  
Asura.Syto said: »

Welcome. Enjoy.

almost all the people i talked to last night had blue boxes around their gear like your profile picture, it was like stepping into a time machine, and there were shouts! what manner of witchcraft was this?
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-28 12:01:47  
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Welcome. Enjoy.

almost all the people i talked to last night had blue boxes around their gear like your profile picture, it was like stepping into a time machine, and there were shouts! what manner of witchcraft was this?

Bahamut must be dead or dying. I see familar Cerbian names hitting the streets of Asura also.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-08-28 12:05:12  
Asura.Avallon said: »
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Welcome. Enjoy.

Bahamut must be dead or dying. I see familar Cerbian names hitting the streets of Asura also.

Most of the NA/EU players made the great asura migration 4 months ago or so, but bahamut is a JP server n/e ways
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-28 14:38:19  
Just so I can be the loudest ..

.. come to Cerberus! We do things without drama! We have groups with spaces available! Don't take the easy path up the mountain .. take the challenging one with fewer supplies so when you reach the top, you will be prouder to say you have achieved. Come join people who are making the climb, we have tents .. hot chocolate, cookies, and no Behemoths in sight.

Did anyone hear me? No? Back to the little Cerbian cave I go.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
There's so much bias here .. but yeah, higher population does not always mean a better experience. Some players have transferred to Asura in the past, only to move back to their original server as they couldn't fit in. It's the same for any server, you have to find your group of friends and it makes things easier.

Like I and Quizzy said, Cerberus might be small, but we are working hard to make sure everyone has a group to work with at their times. We are trying hard to get people, so if you want to join a group and ensure you have a spot, a quieter server would offer that. A higher pop server would likely have all the best players already banded together and have everything, whereas players here are still progressing and looking for new players to join them on the ride.

Difficult to sell a low-population server, but yeah, we get things done even if it takes a little longer than others. And there's no drama anywhere, mostly everyone gets along.

Zeig: "Your hospitable attitude is great. If I ever consider going back to play seriously & change servers, Cerberus will be at the top of my list."

You're welcome dude. Always welcoming of new/returning players who want to progress, as long as they are respectful in return. We have to stick together here.
 Leviathan.Hirasaki
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Demerol69
By Leviathan.Hirasaki 2017-08-28 15:06:17  
/sea all Asura 1308 ppl online on a workday/schoolday xD.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 15:21:12  
Leviathan.Hirasaki said: »
/sea all Asura 1308 ppl online on a workday/schoolday xD.
How many are afk, mules/multiple accounts and lookin at the time how many are from EU/UK and NA players
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2017-08-28 15:43:17  
I bit the bullet and transferred to Asura yesterday. Picked up a BeyondtheFate pearl from the vendor and just helped people with random things (nyzul, a HTB clear, used plasm for a delve item not on AH someone needed, etc). While I won't really be doing any events for a couple weeks (I only have bst decked out and am a bit burned out on that with 2 weeks of coalitions to go for idris) it was so nice to know I could have. There was an omen boss shout using a pet setup, or ambu, or CP, or unity fights. A huge change from Siren where the only non JP shout I've seen in a week was for besieged. So while I can't speak to smaller event groups I can say it was super nice to at least "feel" like I wasn't playing a one player game.

The cons: Had to change my name (Solymr) and totally didn't capitalize on the price differences between servers which would have added quite a bit of clink clink to the bank but live and learn I guess.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-08-28 16:06:38  
Siren.Barber said: »
I bit the bullet and transferred to Asura yesterday. Picked up a BeyondtheFate pearl from the vendor and just helped people with random things (nyzul, a HTB clear, used plasm for a delve item not on AH someone needed, etc). While I won't really be doing any events for a couple weeks (I only have bst decked out and am a bit burned out on that with 2 weeks of coalitions to go for idris) it was so nice to know I could have. There was an omen boss shout using a pet setup, or ambu, or CP, or unity fights. A huge change from Siren where the only non JP shout I've seen in a week was for besieged. So while I can't speak to smaller event groups I can say it was super nice to at least "feel" like I wasn't playing a one player game.

The cons: Had to change my name (Solymr) and totally didn't capitalize on the price differences between servers which would have added quite a bit of clink clink to the bank but live and learn I guess.

Is that a social shell?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 17:18:50  
You left, Where Ive run across a number (20+) in the last month who either came back to Leviathan or just moved from another small size server as we have an active although smaller group of players.
By Draylo 2017-08-28 18:09:04  
I understand people wanting others to come to their server to populate it, but lets be realistic. Asura is going to be the best place to move to, just due to the amount of people playing. More opportunities all around. SE needs to do a merge, 300 active people on a server is kind of a disgrace at this point.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By anik 2017-08-28 18:18:26  
Draylo said: »
I understand people wanting others to come to their server to populate it, but lets be realistic. Asura is kind of a disgrace at this point.

Finally someone says it.
[+]
 Asura.Soraishin
By Asura.Soraishin 2017-08-28 18:36:57  
I'm gonna have a field day with the AH on Asura when I get off work, soo much cheap materials
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-28 18:41:58  
Asura.Soraishin said: »
I'm gonna have a field day with the AH on Asura when I get off work, soo much cheap materials

Too late, I bought them all.

Wait, which materials are you buying?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 18:54:40  
DirectX said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
You left, Where Ive run across a number (20+) in the last month who either came back to Leviathan or just moved from another small size server as we have an active although smaller group of players.
No need to get defensive. Fact is Asura is where it's at for players. I came right at £5 transfer opened and lots of people are coming daily. Stay where you are if you're happy, but your defensiveness would imply you're not.
I am not being, lol what you read is based around how you feel. I assume you feel guilty for leaving but I'm happy where I am at. Enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-28 18:56:09  
I started on a brand new account on Leviathan 11 months ago after not having played for 9 years. My experience has been amazing and the server certainly feels active to me, and I am having a ton of fun playing the game. I am not sure how a bigger server would have led to a better experience, and when I read things like they have REMA only shouts for Ambuscade, I imagine my experience would have been much worse.
[+]