Random Politics & Religion #24

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 79 80 81
By eliroo 2017-06-14 11:49:20  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
if you want to nail someone rich to a cross you need A Crime you need harm done and you need intent to commit harm.

As stated above, the only Crime you could possibly get Trump with is Obstruction of Justice, but even as I stated - That is unlikely because intent is being questioned here and as in the case of Hillary Clinton, intent is difficult to prove.

I still believe that there is a case but not a strong one. There are several conflicting reports about if there is a case but at the least here is bbc news: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39902108 . Essentially saying there may be a case but chances are unlikely, which I agree with.

At the same time, I'm not entirely on the mind that he didn't do it.

Good thing is, I'm not the one investigating him.

Niko, what exactly do you think I believe?

Quote:
Almost every post you have made as either been baseless accusations or outright attacks against Trump.

List them.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-06-14 11:56:02  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I guess WP is finally figuring out that sticking to their failed narrative will be self destructive, so they are getting out before anyone else so they can "deny" having that narrative in the first place....

Solid article.

Definitely gives another explanation of the "cloud" term that the president used when addressing Comey. Also explains why Trump specifically said "Thanks for confirming that I am not being investigated three times" in his firing letter.

I don't think it would have been too much from Trump to ask Comey to say that he was not under investigation publicly though.

I mean Comey called the Hillary investigation a "matter" and not what it was on behalf of Lynch without protest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 11:59:35  

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:00:14  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I guess WP is finally figuring out that sticking to their failed narrative will be self destructive, so they are getting out before anyone else so they can "deny" having that narrative in the first place....

Only if you ignore every other opinion pieces posted there.
Well, it's a start in the right direction. Let's see if they can finally cure themselves from TDS.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-14 12:00:39  
Member of a facebook group called "the road to hell is paved with republicans."
By Viciouss 2017-06-14 12:02:41  
Nausi said: »

This is all you care about huh? People were hurt today but the first thing you always look for is what religion/political ideology. Pretty sad.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 12:03:35  
Say it with me fam:

Media inspired left wing terrorist.

He got tired of being oppressed by Republicans and had to "do his part" for the cause.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:03:56  
Please, don't politicize the awful congressional shooting

Sources are bad, especially for reality deniers.

Quote:
The shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) — who as majority whip is the third ranking Republican in the House — is a crime, a tragedy, and may very well have been a politically motivated act. But it is also an opportunity for the media, citizenry, and governing class to do something that goes against the normalized practices of modern discourse: Be prudent, calm, and decent in a time of high anxiety.

Details are sketchy and will continue to unfold, but the attempted massacre at a practice of the Republican congressional baseball team in Alexandria, Virginia, has left at least five people wounded, including Scalise. Everyone survived except the shooter.

In a phone interview with MSNBC, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said he heard "50 or 60 shots" over the course of several minutes, and that the shooter's weapon "sounded like an AR-15 to most of us." Paul also noted that the only reason there was a Capitol Hill Police detail at the baseball field was because a member of congressional leadership was present. Without Scalise in attendance, Paul says, there would have been no law enforcement security presence on the scene, drastically increasing the likelihood of greater casualties. "It would have been a massacre," the senator said.

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) told Fox News that as he was leaving the practice early, a man approached him "asking whether there was Republicans or Democrats out there." Minutes later, the shooting began.

Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.) said the gunman was there to "kill as many Republican members as possible." And when the shooter was identified as James T. Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old Illinois man who supported Bernie Sanders and has been highly critical of President Trump on social media, internet-dwelling partisans had more than enough tinder to spark an inferno of hot takes.

AR-15s have been described as mass shooters' "weapon of choice" by numerous high-profile media outlets, and should it become known that the Alexandria shooter indeed tried to mow down elected Republican representatives of the federal government at an early morning baseball practice with such a weapon, the story could easily become a gun control and/or Second Amendment story, with the shooters and victims mere pawns in a predetermined political morality play.

Was the man who DeSantis spoke to indeed the shooter? We don't know yet, but either way, the narrative has been laid that this person possessed a rational political motivation beyond whatever psychoses led him to set out to commit mass murder.

Unfortunately, politics so often becomes an exercise in tribalism rather than policy and governance, and because the victims of this crime are Republicans (and police officers), some in the GOP tribe will set out to lay blame on cultural forces of "the left" for fostering an atmosphere of such hostility that political violence is the only logical outcome. (The president's son did just that in a tweet this morning.)

This instinct should be rejected, just as it should have been — but wasn't — in the immediate aftermath of the 2011 mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Az.) grievously wounded and six others dead. Before anything about the shooter was known, commentators and partisans were blaming everything from the Tea Party to conservative talk radio to a little-seen Sarah Palin political action committee ad for the massacre.

To this day, the Tucson shooting is probably best remembered as symptomatic evidence of American political toxicity, even though the shooter — Jared Loughner — turned out to be a long-troubled and severely mentally ill young man with almost indiscernible politics and an obsession with lucid dreaming and conspiracy theories.

It's still early, but there should be no doubt that Wednesday's sick crime will be exploited by partisans on the right to prove their own preconceived narrative that widespread hostility from "cultural elites" to President Donald Trump fostered an environment that led a man to attempt to assassinate a number of members of the president's political party. For all its usefulness as a newsgathering tool, in troubled moments such as today Twitter becomes a place for craven jerks to feed the maw of partisan outrage:

Quote:
Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, & MSM glorified the assassination of our President.

Now GOP Congressman Steve Scalise has been shot as a result.

— Makada (@_Makada_) June 14, 2017

In the spirit of living by my own advice, I don't know why the shooter did what he did, though I find it highly unlikely that the ham-fisted attempt at satire by Kathy Griffin or a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar that almost no one has seen motivated a man to commit such a despicable atrocity.

That said, I do know what motivates someone to blare such baseless speculation mere minutes after the shooting stops: When you are only capable of seeing humanity in your own tribe, you can only see inhumanity in another tribe. This was true after the Tucson shooting, when right-thinking liberals needed to believe the anti-tax rhetoric of the Tea Party caused a bloody rampage, but it doesn't need to be true today.

Take a deep breath, think of the victims and their families, and resist the opportunity to score cheap points in the game of social media memes. Just for today, at least.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:04:32  
Viciouss said: »

This is all you care about huh? People were hurt today but the first thing you always look for is what religion/political ideology. Pretty sad.
Yes, how Candlejack of him to do it.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 12:06:29  
Oh that's just perfect, holy ***. Liberals politicize every single shooting possible as an excuse to take more guns away, but then this happens and their suddenly taking the high road. Politically motivated opportunism at it's finest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:07:35  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Oh that's just perfect, holy ***. Liberals politicize every single shooting possible as an excuse to take more guns away, but then this happens and their suddenly taking the high road. Politically motivated opportunism at it's finest.
Heck, they even politicized the shooting of one of their own. Almost immediately afterwards.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-14 12:07:44  

Too late, nausi is already at it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:08:47  

Yeah, and so does Candlejack, and so do you every now and then.

What's your point?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 12:09:03  
What part of targeting Republicans don't people understand ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 12:09:54  
I just heard on TV the guy asked the people in the parking lot if they are Republican or Democrats.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 12:11:25  
Look up the guy did the shooting he posted a bunch of anti Trump stuff online.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 12:12:29  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4604130/Steve-Scalise-baseball-gunman-James-T-Hodgkinson-pictured.html
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 12:17:31  
fonewear said: »
Look up the guy did the shooting he posted a bunch of anti Trump stuff online.

It was totally a false flag operation and he's really a radicalized right wing Trump supporter who was under direct orders from Trump to attack a Republican event as a way to discredit Democrats. I heard it on the news so it must be true!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 12:22:49  
Alex Jones told me rubber bullets can fracture bones !
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-14 12:25:01  

What's your point?

So basically now that a democrat shot someone, a republican can too?

Can both just be wrong?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:27:03  
eliroo said: »

What's your point?

So basically now that a democrat shot someone, a republican can too?

Can both just be wrong?
Strawman.

Vic was stating that Nausi is guilty (correctly) of politicizing an attack such as one today.

I countered that it's hypocritical for him to state such, since he is just as guilty of doing that as Nausi is.

In both of their defenses, neither are as bad as Candlejack, who, upon the Planned Parenthood shooting and the Bundy deal, he was practically in glee over the news.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-14 12:29:56  
Strawman.

Wow, this is correct. Only because I misunderstood the initial argument.

Regardless, yes democrats have politicized shootings forever, only recently have republicans started doing it too. While I think that CJ is bad, nothing beats Alex Jones trampling on the graves of those at Sandy Hook.

I think anything of the sorts is stupid
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 12:33:09  
While I think that CJ is bad, nothing beats Alex Jones trampling on the graves of those at Sandy Hook.
Agreed.

It's a problem that has no political boundaries.

Now, let's see how many liberals make public statements today politicizing this shooting.

Sanders already made a statement condemning the action, which is good, and also calling for a non-violent method of change, which is also good.

Let's see if anyone else follows his example.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-14 13:37:52  
Niko, what exactly do you think I believe?

Nothing. You don't believe in anything.

I don't think that you have any firm convictions at all that I couldn't torture you into changing in three or four hours.

It's a sign of the times though... people are less certain but more vocal about opinions that they don't themselves feel 100% comfortable supporting.

It's weird... if you study marketing at all and then look around at what the people near you are wearing you can quickly determine what advertising gimmick they are most susceptible to.

You're an amalgamate of recycled ad campaigns based on market research for your particular demographic. You are the grand sum of all the purchasing decisions you thought you made on your own but were conned into buying. I can tell what news channel you watch by the clothes you wear. And everything else in your home or apartment can probably be found in half an hour on the top five television channels that you watch.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-14 14:07:03  

"Don't politicize a politically motivated shooting".

Lolwut?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 14:18:29  
This is what I believe I'm the joker:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 14:26:12  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
You are the grand sum of all the purchasing decisions you thought you made on your own but were conned into buying.
Damn straight.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go put down a preorder for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Metroid 3DS, Metroid 4, and several new animes. Also, for the remake of .hack GU.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-14 14:28:36  
Also, for the remake of .hack GU.

Oh my.

Quote:
Nothing. You don't believe in anything.

I don't think that you have any firm convictions at all that I couldn't torture you into changing in three or four hours.

I mean I do have some firm convictions, but on the matter of politics - You are probably right.
By fonewear 2017-06-14 14:29:03  
I still drink Coca Cola cause of this commercial:
Pepsi tried it also but it didn't work out so well

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 79 80 81