Random Politics & Religion #19

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 82 83 84
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-23 12:20:32  
Boycotting is fine so long as you agree with it.

Glad we got that settled.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-23 12:24:09  
Viciouss said: »
Oh, radical Islam now.

You won't pass the litmus test; with that kind of attitude mr.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-23 12:40:19  
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-23 12:45:58  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
fonewear said: »
It could be a meta discussion about how we discuss discussions !

"Posts in Random Politics and Religion are neither Random, nor do they discuss their politics or religions, discuss amongst yourselves"

"The number is 555-4444. Give a call, we'll talk, no big whoop."
I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 12:46:20  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Boycotting is fine so long as you agree with it.

Glad we got that settled.

he lost me in the religious arena... I don't know where he was going and I find no evidence he does either...

I can understand boycotting Pepsi tho. It sucks.

that wasn't an earthquake you just felt....vic and I jusr finally agreed on something!
By Viciouss 2017-02-23 12:49:27  
Nik you have no idea how disappointed I was when upon my very first trip to the historic Wrigley Field, I discovered the vendors were all selling PEPSI products. To this day, I am still boycotting their sodas...

...But I still go to Wrigley 4-5 times a year >_>
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 12:53:29  
Nik you have no idea how disappointed I was when upon my very first trip to the historic Wrigley Field, I discovered the vendors were all selling PEPSI products. To this day, I am still boycotting their sodas...

...But I still go to Wrigley 4-5 times a year >_>

drink beer!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 12:57:06  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
img

i don't get it...
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2017-02-23 13:13:20  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
img

i don't get it...

It's a homeopathy joke.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 13:18:53  
Drama Torama said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
img

i don't get it...

It's a homeopathy joke.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-23 13:19:30  
Don't mind Nik. He's off his vanadium treatments again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 13:21:58  
Also Rooks:

Captain Buzzkill said:
lmgtfy.com/?q=homoepathy
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-23 13:29:13  
Alternative Medicine/Alternative Money
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 14:35:21  
it heps my diabeetus

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 14:53:21  
Alternative Medicine/Alternative Money

it would have made more sense if he clipped his fingernails into the glass of water....or pulled out some eyelashes

using money to make alternative money....

and then how big of a dump does he have stored up to buy almost a hundred dollars of colon cleanse
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-23 15:14:36  
Yeah, pretty sure none of you are getting Drac's joke still. S'okay, you don't need to go down the homeopathy rabbit hole.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-23 15:23:44  
+'s comic, tells everyone they don't get it and then doesn't explain it. Devilish.

Must consort with the globalist satanic handbook (book of Mormon) on how to verbally combat this digital wizardry...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-23 15:34:27  
I got the joke before it was cool to get the joke.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-23 15:49:34  
CPAC got off to interesting start. Dan Schneider the executive director of the American Conservative Union called the "alt-right a hateful left wing fascist group"

Looks like the honeymoon is over.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-23 16:41:29  
+'s comic, tells everyone they don't get it and then doesn't explain it. Devilish.

Must consort with the globalist satanic handbook (book of Mormon) on how to verbally combat this digital wizardry...

/sigh... fine.

Making me go all the way to the dark depths of Wikipedia to explain a joke....

Quote:
Potency scales

Several potency scales are in use in homeopathy. Hahnemann created the centesimal or "C scale", diluting a substance by a factor of 100 at each stage. The centesimal scale was favored by Hahnemann for most of his life. A 2C dilution requires a substance to be diluted to one part in one hundred, and then some of that diluted solution diluted by a further factor of one hundred. This works out to one part of the original substance in 10,000 parts of the solution.[2] A 6C dilution repeats this process six times, ending up with the original material diluted by a factor of 100−6=10−12. Higher dilutions follow the same pattern. In homeopathy, a solution that is more dilute is described as having a higher potency, and more dilute substances are considered by homeopaths to be stronger and deeper-acting.[3] The end product is often so diluted that it is indistinguishable from the dilutant (pure water, sugar or alcohol).[4][5][6]

There is also the continued flow mode of dilution that is measured on MFC.

Hahnemann advocated 30C dilutions for most purposes (that is, dilution by a factor of 1060).[7] In Hahnemann's time it was reasonable to assume that preparations could be diluted indefinitely, as the concept of the atom or molecule as the smallest possible unit of a chemical substance was just beginning to be recognized. We now know that the greatest dilution that is reasonably likely to contain one molecule of the original substance is 12C, if starting from 1 mole of original substance.

tl;dr - Snipping a tiny piece of a dollar into a glass of water as a means of paying for something expensive is an analogy to the process of diluting substances to increase potency in homeopathic remedies.

*CUE LAUGH TRACK*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 16:45:12  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

/sigh... fine.

Making me go all the way to the dark depths of Wikipedia to explain a joke....

Quote:
Potency scales

Several potency scales are in use in homeopathy. Hahnemann created the centesimal or "C scale", diluting a substance by a factor of 100 at each stage. The centesimal scale was favored by Hahnemann for most of his life. A 2C dilution requires a substance to be diluted to one part in one hundred, and then some of that diluted solution diluted by a further factor of one hundred. This works out to one part of the original substance in 10,000 parts of the solution.[2] A 6C dilution repeats this process six times, ending up with the original material diluted by a factor of 100−6=10−12. Higher dilutions follow the same pattern. In homeopathy, a solution that is more dilute is described as having a higher potency, and more dilute substances are considered by homeopaths to be stronger and deeper-acting.[3] The end product is often so diluted that it is indistinguishable from the dilutant (pure water, sugar or alcohol).[4][5][6]

There is also the continued flow mode of dilution that is measured on MFC.

Hahnemann advocated 30C dilutions for most purposes (that is, dilution by a factor of 1060).[7] In Hahnemann's time it was reasonable to assume that preparations could be diluted indefinitely, as the concept of the atom or molecule as the smallest possible unit of a chemical substance was just beginning to be recognized. We now know that the greatest dilution that is reasonably likely to contain one molecule of the original substance is 12C, if starting from 1 mole of original substance.

tl;dr - Snipping a tiny piece of a dollar into a glass of water as a means of paying for something expensive is an analogy to the process of diluting substances to increase potency in homeopathic remedies.

*CUE LAUGH TRACK*
That's all fine and great, but how does this make it Trump's fault?

I mean, that's the conversation we are only allowed to have for the next 40 years.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-23 16:55:06  
You forgot the funniest part of the comic, the box labelled "woo woo balls" !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-23 17:03:16  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's all fine and great, but how does this make it Trump's fault?

I mean, that's the conversation we are only allowed to have for the next 40 years.

Because his policies negatively affect homeosexuals.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 17:09:12  
Speaking of homeosexuals.

Trump's admin relays bathroom gender issues to state, Republicans applaud, democrats/liberals sneer and say "they are going to take away our guns genticals!", and AP gets the award for reporting the most obvious thing of the year.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-23 17:09:58  
Betsy may be unquified for her job but it seems her heart is in the right place.

DeVos, Sessions Clashed Over Transgender Decision

Quote:
(Newser) – President Trump's reversal of former President Obama's directive on bathroom use for transgender students caused a clash inside his administration, sources say. GOP insiders tell the New York Times that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos clashed with Attorney General Jeff Sessions over the issue and told Trump she opposed the move because of potential harm to transgender students. Trump sided with Sessions, and DeVos eventually signed off on the issue rather than resign or publicly defy Trump, the sources say. In a tweet Wednesday evening, DeVos said she considers "protecting all students, including LGBTQ students, not only a key priority for the Department, but for every school in America."
Links in the orignal article.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-23 17:23:33  
I recall the sale of black people at one time being the state's decision.

"But peepers!" Funny how the order was in place for most of a year and there were no issues given that was the opposition's foremost concern. (And the transgendered are not considered homosexual although there can be gay/lesbian transgendered people, in case there was any confusion.)
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-23 17:28:01  
I got the joke before it was cool to get the joke.

But our currency is specifically designed to not dissolve in water. That's why it can withstand a trip through the washing machine. ...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 17:28:48  
I recall the sale of black people at one time being the state's decision.
And you wonder why people keep calling you the Strawman King.

And it's not because you play one at the local theater for Wizard of Oz.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-23 17:33:20  
No one calls me that lol
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-23 17:46:31  
Well, if you get your head out of your (or whoever else's) posterior, you would see that yourself.

Or do you not see yourself making strawman arguments at all?
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 82 83 84