フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Soiree selling Aeonics clears and Omen items
Soiree selling Aeonics clears and Omen items
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-30 03:16:26  
Something is not right there.
I have occasionally seen WoC and Kouryu shouts (most of which end up in utter failure, but then again some do succeed!) but I don't think I've ever ever ever seen a shout for any of the Reisen T4s.

Think you're kinda exagerating to prove your point. If I'm wrong and you're not I apologize, but then I would love to hear which other people you were with, I know asurans pretty well, really want to know what sort of PUG group that was that got you full clear in less than a week.

I could believe a static/LS missing a person or two shouting to fill the gaps, but a completely PUG group? Sorry but I'm very skeptic.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-30 03:40:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Something is not right there.
I have occasionally seen WoC and Kouryu shouts (most of which end up in utter failure, but then again some do succeed!) but I don't think I've ever ever ever seen a shout for any of the Reisen T4s.
I have seen a few HELM shouts on our server starting from like 2-3 people but it super few and far between. I also have 0 idea if any these have succeeded or not but yea I agree its not that common and the probability of actually winning isn't good on most.
By Calinar 2017-01-30 03:52:21  
Orij shouted T4 almost every day until he just quit so... maybe you just missed em sechs

Nenza(sp?) also had a brief stint where he was shouting all the t4s
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-30 03:57:46  
Calinar said: »
Orij shouted T4 almost every day until he just quit so... maybe you just missed em sechs
I know Orij was shouting to fill a couple spots but he had a core group. Also lets be far Orij has a bunch of experience in doing aeonics at this point. So even if he shouted from scratch hes not your average joe starting a PuG but yes a few people might of lucked out getting to join for a few wins. I'm sure he was super selective on who got to go.

P.S. - Orij isn't gone he's on Gibberi$h. Just the character Orij is gone.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-30 04:05:47  
Calinar said: »
Orij shouted T4 almost every day until he just quit so...
Orij had a pretty solid core group of friends/mules.
I wouldn't really say that was a random PUG, no?
[+]
By Calinar 2017-01-30 05:18:19  
If half the group is shouted, yeah i'm still counting it as a pick up.

But anyway, we're way off topic here.

The aeonic is pretty standard price (its obviously too high for how easy it is, but whatever.)

It's the lol omen prices that are wayyyyyyy to high. Who is actually going to pay ~75m for an omen run. (I know people were paying 100m for NNI) It's a bit ridiculous, also considering how easy it is, especially since after pain sync nerf, it's basically a free event.
By geigei 2017-01-30 05:24:27  
What pain sync nerf yo?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-30 05:25:21  
I joined Orij's shouts occasionally, it was usually 1-2 pugs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-30 05:28:30  
geigei said: »
What pain sync nerf yo?
The one coming up in a few days
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-30 08:44:14  
geigei said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The price is fair for Omen runs. I initially thought it was overpriced, but here's what you need to consider:

Unless you're 5-boxing this (not practical), 4 other players need to be helping, and use their 20hr tag. That's a huge price to pay for no payment.
There is the possibility where the group mercing gets nothing out of the run, simply because they have everything from it. So them mercing a boss they've done to the ground means they gain nothing, and lose more from not making a sale on the said-boss they are mercing.
Even if the item(s) do drop, it has to be split 5 ways. 20mil = 4mil a person for mid boss. scale = 1mil/person. Item = 10mil/person. If I were doing a run where I actually could use the item that dropped, I'd need to be paid for helping get it, and handsomely. Assuming all 3 of those drops and someone is buying them all, that's only 15mil for 30min. Worst case scenario, they get nothing.
The buyer is also getting cards for standing there and doing nothing (not to mention he can pop a few cp rings and get a decent amount of JPs in the process). When the run is over, he bounces and gains more than he loses.

Now these bosses can be done PUG, or form your own group and devise a workable strategy. But I can't knock the post for trying to compensate the helpers and account for the potential loss of key items, gear, crafting materials, and time. In this case, the mercs have far more to lose than the buyers. I respect risk mitigation being factored into the prices.

It might be this way but its not. OP just want to farm cards + a shot at bodies and want some retard who pay for items everyone allready have, plain and simple.

So why is this a bad thing? Doesn't nearly EVERY merc group do this? beat content, get what you want, and then sell it back to people too lazy to do it themselves? They did it with Delve ane beyond. This isn't new...

Seriously, I'm not defending the OP, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. The people who would like to form their own Omen groups are more than able to do it. Finding 5 other competent bodies is a huge challenge. I play on Asura and do Omen nearly nightly. The first few times I started forming PUGs I got some pretty terrible players. I still do occasionally, and rarely we may lose. But we've lost a few times starting out, and occasionally with some poor play. You make it seem like every player can just form a random shout and get the win. The 40+ times I've done Fu, he's dropped a ring 3x, and he's dropped neck once. Never seen a body. So you are not factoring the piss poor drop rate on gear here. The ***never drops. The sellers gain less than the buyer does on average/run.

I get that you've got an axe to grind with anybody making money off of something others can't do, but if you truly think the OP is taking advantage of people (he isn't forcing anybody to buy from him), why don't you tell the people who DAILY shout for t1-3 clears for 5mil/Valorous Boots that they are exorbitant in their prices? Consider Niqmaddu Ring or Utu Grip. How much do you think someone would pay for that item on AH? Given current trend on money items, and they fact they are both BIS, I'd say people would start the price at 50mil+. If you don't believe me, check the price of other HQ rare gear that is unique BIS. Selling a boss drop for 50mil is comparable to someone buying a Chirich Ring+1 (considerably less if you look at it like this).

Fact of the matter is, the price is a result of all the factors I mentioned, not to forget that you are losing a valuable player spot by having 5 instead of 6. Its challenging enough to beat a boss with 6, so with 5, there is little room for error. Some scrub can tag along on Ninja and walk out of there with 10JP and 2-3 NIN cards for potentially doing nothing.

I'd never advocate a player buying a win or gear item from someone else, though I've bought a Zulfiqar from someone when I didn't have it. But you're speaking from the standpoint of being able to clear the content. And then get the drop, consistently. Many people don't have that luxury, but they can spam Ambuscade VD 50x daily and make 80mil a month for whacking a flan with a stick. I don't see how its reasonable that a player can amass that much gil for doing nothing (more if he 2x boxes) but a group can't comparably sell an item for the commensurate value of the content at the time.
[+]
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-01-30 08:58:45  
You guys do know that orij learned how to kill courage/kirin and t4s from sioree right? Idk what all the bitching is about, the prices are the going rate and considering the difficulty of the nms, more than fair. Bottom line is if you cant clear these nms (which im assuming atleast 80% of the people in this thread cant) soiree is offering an opportunity to clear them for you. If you disagree which alot of people do then u can keep your dumb *** opinion to yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Mavira
user: AwwwYeee
By Asura.Mavira 2017-01-30 11:35:16  
If you don't want the service don't buy it....we aren't forcing anyone to do anything. I recieve multiple /tells wanting us to sell drops so people are definitely out there wanting it. As for killing the game...mercs have been around since Kings giving people access to content/drops they otherwise wouldn't have a chance to go for. It's an alternative and no one is stopping anyone from putting together their own groups and getting clears or drops they desire. Most the time the person wants to pay to lock a drop and it's guaranteed to go to them instead of consistently losing it to others in pugs.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-01-30 12:11:43  
Asura.Mavira said: »
If you don't want the service don't buy it....we aren't forcing anyone to do anything. I recieve multiple /tells wanting us to sell drops so people are definitely out there wanting it. As for killing the game...mercs have been around since Kings giving people access to content/drops they otherwise wouldn't have a chance to go for. It's an alternative and no one is stopping anyone from putting together their own groups and getting clears or drops they desire. Most the time the person wants to pay to lock a drop and it's guaranteed to go to them instead of consistently losing it to others in pugs.

Some people just don't understand a free market economy.
If people didn't pony up the 15 million gil for a herc or merlinic body piece the merc's would drop the price to an amount the people will pay. It is supply and demand the merc's have the supply and they demand the price you don't like it go farm it for yourself or wait until the demand goes down and the price drops.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-30 13:03:03  
Asura.Mavira said: »
It's an alternative and no one is stopping anyone from putting together their own groups and getting clears or drops they desire. Most the time the person wants to pay to lock a drop and it's guaranteed to go to them instead of consistently losing it to others in pugs.

Off topic, but I never understood why people don't just enforce a /seacom rule for their PUGs. You can then cherry-pick the people who you want to invite, and don't have to worry about 5 other people wanting to lot what you do. It does get annoying watching one guy walk away with all the drops.

The merc service kills two birds with one stone in this scenario.
By Calinar 2017-01-30 23:39:22  
Personally, I dont care who does what. But you're over charging.

Even cbbs knows that, if you ask him about it, he'll lower the price. So, the purpose of the post is to purposely con people out of over-valued merc, for those that wouldn't ask for cheaper.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-01-31 10:56:54  
Anik brings up a good point, Soiree really can't be compared to the old Merc shells that would actually block other players from completing content. We're not preventing anyone from doing anything they want to do.

Also Anik, comparing Soiree to Vinner or Viking is unwarranted and you know that. Or maybe you don't, because you don't know a thing about Soiree. They're nice people who help each other first, whereas those groups used their members like cattle. I was an outspoken critic of their methods, and yet here I am a member of Soiree.

I don't disagree with you that people should earn their drops rather than buy them (the feeling of accomplishment is so much more rewarding), but I'll not pass judgment on them for it. It's just a game and different people play it for different reasons.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-31 11:20:07  
He knows - particularly as he and his LS willingly accepted the help and experience of Krystela. Now that they got what they needed (at the time), apparently it's convenient to forget that.

Also, with regards to the actual purpose of this thread, I'm a little confused why there hasn't been any moderation here in lieu of the nonsensical drivel being allowed - especially when compared to other merc threads.

Aside from that, it's really simple. You either are interested in what we are offering or you are not. There's no middle ground. I'm old school so I know what it was like to wait a real life year for Ridill and a year and a half for Dalmatica. I remember what it was like to earn your items.

But times have changed. The world is busier and people just don't have 30 hours to spend on the game each day making progress on their character(s). So it comes down to one very simple concept..

If you would like to enjoy the satisfaction of having earned your own gear, then join a competent group and DO IT YOURSELF. There's a ton of joy to be had when accomplishing goals the old fashioned way.

But..

If you are for whatever reason UNABLE to find a competent group of players (linkshell) to strive towards the above method of obtaining said items, then that is what the purpose of THIS thread is about. Some people aren't geared well enough to be accepted into a community who will let them be part of that "journey" I keep hearing about so much. Some people have the gear but they don't have the play time to dedicate to a linkshell.

Either way, as it has been said many times before, please keep the nonsense out of our post. Obviously being a public forum, peoples opinions are part of online interactions, but we would be grateful if the Moderators intervened with regards to future trolling, blatant and unwarranted accusations and defamation against Soiree and its members.
[+]
 Odin.Bobingie
サーバ: Odin
user: Bobingie
By Odin.Bobingie 2017-01-31 14:21:47  
I wonder if there is a merc service for Aeonics on Odin...
[+]
By ocean 2017-02-17 07:30:29  
Finished a round of Aeonics and working with a few omen clients. Also a small change in pricing.

Aeonics- 350m for full clear w/gear
Omen- 40m boss items and 10m sub boss
 Odin.Taffy
サーバ: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-17 10:34:50  
I think the prices are definitely justified post Feb update. Honestly they were before. I lucked out and got taken by RF6 for my first Aeonic - learned a lot about the content and built a pretty decent linkshell using my experience there to progress through. We are 3 nm's away from our first Aeonic as a LS but to say this content is "Easy" is just insulting to the good players that can beat it. Even more insulting to the people that spent the time to figure out the the methods that work.

Some people don't have the time, or means to be part of a consistent group to tackle this kind of content. How they get their gil is up to them, if they want to buy it the risk is on them. Does it hurt the economy? 10 years ago I would argue yes. In today's economy where the markets are flooded, Gil is easier than ever to obtain, and 80% of BiS is R/E - a handful of people buying gil has little to no impact on the markets.

I have to say that hating on the OP and this LS is very Liberal. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Don't try to ban guns because less than 1% of people that buy them legally abuse them people!
[+]
By Orijine 2017-02-17 10:47:52  
Asura.Boogerballs said: »
You guys do know that orij learned how to kill courage/kirin and t4s from sioree right? Idk what all the bitching is about, the prices are the going rate and considering the difficulty of the nms, more than fair. Bottom line is if you cant clear these nms (which im assuming atleast 80% of the people in this thread cant) soiree is offering an opportunity to clear them for you. If you disagree which alot of people do then u can keep your dumb *** opinion to yourself.

Warder of courage yes. Kirin no cause. And sadly I regret even learning anything from cbb. But with that aside the woc was the only thing from soiree. Not Kirin. Thanks