Random Politics & Religion #13

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 10:10:40  
Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
eliroo said: »
Its funny too because in the podesta emails it clearly states that she still has the same opinion on gays and gay marriage, making it pretty clear that she is just pandering to them to get elected.
They don't say anything of the sort. "Clearly", lol.

I would argue that her personal opinion on gays doesn't matter one flying *** as long as they're treated equally under the law. That's sort of the point, isn't it?
Except that was never her viewpoint. Even now, when she is supposedly "open" to the LBGQ Alphabet soup, it comes when evidence shows that she has dual-opinions on everything.

It's very clear that her actual agenda is never for the betterment of society, but for her own personal gain. She makes outlandish promises with no real intent to fulfill them, and we are lucky enough to know this before she is elected. And yet, people will still vote for her thinking that she will do the things she admits that she won't do.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 10:14:18  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's very clear that her actual agenda is never for the betterment of society, but for her own personal gain. She makes outlandish promises with no real intent to fulfill them, and we are lucky enough to know this before she is elected. And yet, people will still vote for her thinking that she will do the things she admits that she won't do.

Because the other choice is even worse.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 10:16:40  
Because the other choice is more fun.

talk about needing to relax remo...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-21 10:16:57  

When you realize that that is the battlecry from both sides of a presidential election, and it keeps happening, you know that we are truly screwed.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-10-21 10:17:45  
They're both terrible! vote Joe Exotic!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 10:18:01  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Because the other choice is more fun.

talk about needing to relax remo...

I'm just sayin' is all.

It's like this endless cycle. Just accept that's how everyone who doesn't agree with you thinks at this point and move on.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 10:18:35  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

When you realize that that is the battlecry from both sides of a presidential election, and it keeps happening, you know that we are truly screwed.

Kinda what I'm saying.

Just most of us have settled in for an "well, at least (my candidate) doesn't do (whatever thing that really upsets me)."
By eliroo 2016-10-21 10:18:47  

Subjective. Really subjective.

The worse that people speak of when it comes to Trump is not stuff that is even with his reach to do as president.

Hillary has a lot more knowledge on her reach of power and has proven that she can manipulate things to get her will done. Trump will just be a buffoon who won't do much.

I'd much rather have a statement for a few years.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 10:19:01  
Siren.Mosin said: »
They're both terrible! vote Joe Exotic!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-21 10:19:34  
stalemate*
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-21 10:20:09  
And yet, people will still vote for her thinking that she will do the things she admits that she won't do.

Denial. It's a powerful thing. You can't deny its existence without making it stronger.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-21 10:20:44  
The worst part is that the third party candidates are pretty ridiculous too.

Jill Stein and Evan Mcmullen are maybe the closest to sane choices we have? But that is stretching it.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 10:20:54  

No ***?

Really?

It's almost like some people have differing opinions of what's okay and isn't.

In other news:
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-21 10:22:00  
Jill Stein

Jill Stein is actually what Bernie's opposition imagined him to be. Some good ideas, but really *** clueless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-21 10:23:49  
Jill Stein

Jill Stein is actually what Bernie's opposition imagined him to be. Some good ideas, but really *** clueless.

You know what would have been a good publicity stunt for Trump to do? Debate Jill Stein one-on-one. Nobody would leave Trump for Stein, and if she did well it might pull votes from Hillary. Win-win for him.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-21 10:28:07  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jill Stein

You know what would have been a good publicity stunt for Trump to do? Debate Jill Stein one-on-one. Nobody would leave Trump for Stein, and if she did well it might pull votes from Hillary. Win-win for him.

Honestly I think its stupid they didn't have Gary Johnson or her in the debates. Third party candidates will never gain traction if no one lets them.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-21 10:28:37  

No ***?

Really?

It's almost like some people have differing opinions of what's okay and isn't.

In other news:

You bolded it. I take bolded statements as truth.

Its part of my constitution.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-21 10:28:48  
Something tells me Johnson would have made them even more entertaining.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-21 10:31:30  
Its funny too because in the podesta emails it clearly states that she still has the same opinion on gays and gay marriage, making it pretty clear that she is just pandering to them to get elected.
They don't say anything of the sort. "Clearly", lol.

Its hard to see anything clearly when you close your eyes before seeing it.
Thanks, Confucius.

There's nothing in the emails that "clearly" shows what you say. They're discussing strategy in expressing the platform. It's like they're running a campaign or something.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 10:32:40  

How is voting for a person who will do anything to get into the White House, be it through corruption, greed, and cronyism, while outright lying to the general public and committing national security breaches practically on a daily basis any worse than whatever Trump had said 11 years ago?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 10:35:35  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Something tells me Johnson would have made them even more entertaining.

idk man... I think he needs to just hang it up. he obviously contracted rick perry syndrome... "I'm having an aleppo moment"
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-21 10:37:05  
My favourite is: climate change is a real issue, but we all have to die someday so.. *shrug*
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-10-21 10:37:09  
Yeah he's making libertarians look bad.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 10:39:10  
My favourite is: climate change is a real issue, but we all have to die someday so.. *shrug*

Yeah... we should probably put off going anything about it since the sun is about to explode anyways...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-21 10:39:14  
Don't fake posts from me. Thanks.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-21 10:40:38  
doing* curse you ROOKS!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 10:41:28  
Don't fake posts from me. Thanks.

Don't ignore evidence that goes against your chosen one™ then.

But I fully expect a conniption fit pretty soon over this.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-21 10:41:51  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Yeah... we should probably put off going anything about it since the sun is about to explode anyways...
The universe will eventually and slowly peter out into an infinite expense of nothingness. SO LETS GO GET WRECKED SON
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-21 10:42:15  
Trickle-down economics was a good idea that simply forgot about the greed of corporate owners making it a terrible failure.
Trickle-down economics is sort of the polar opposite of communism in that it works a hell of a lot better in theory than in practice, and they both fall apart because of human nature's greatest flaws.
My comment on trickle down economics:

Have you been trickled down on lately? Was it at least still warm?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 37 38 39