Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-01 14:30:40  
Since Akson likes youtube

PBS Space Time:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Space Time explores the outer reaches of space, the craziness of astrophysics, the possibilities of sci-fi, and anything else you can think of beyond Planet Earth with our astrophysicist host: Matthew O’Dowd.

Episodes released every Wednesday afternoon!

Matt O'Dowd spends his time studying the universe, especially really far-away things like quasars, super-massive black holes, and evolving galaxies. He uses telescopes in space to do it. Matt completed his Ph.D. at NASA's Space Telescope Science Institute, followed by work at the University of Melbourne and Columbia University. He's now a professor at the City University of New York's Lehman College and an Associate at the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium.

Previous host Gabe Perez-Giz is an astrophysicist who studies black hole physics. He received his Ph.D. from Columbia University and is currently a AAAS fellow at the US NSF.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-01 14:33:19  
Siren.Akson said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Light isn't the only thing around here that needs to get bent.
Obviously... why not go back and post your sources to your defemation of character rq about Tesla. Humor me.

Which particular defamation?

The part where I said he was oddly obsessed with pigeons in his old age?

The part where I said he was a sexless hermit who had serious problems with women?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-11-01 14:36:06  

http://sci.esa.int/lisa-pathfinder/57559-a-perfectly-still-laboratory-in-space/

And damn you for making me actually recommend this book to someone:

Go read it.

Also>
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:43:43  
Kodaijin said: »
read my previous post.
gravity vs EM
So you deny and claim this as False then?
Quote:
A new experiment has achieved extraordinarily large negative refractive indices for radio frequency light.

In this case, the highest index of refraction was achieved for frequencies around 10GHz, well within the radio portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The authors' model to explain the phenomenon is quasi-Newtonian: the light waves accelerate the electrons, which produce a new electromagnetic wave perpendicular to the original one.
F.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c - denying EM facts over Theories.
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

You realize he speaks of Effects giving Theories. Based on absolutely nothing Scientically Proven, right?

I post a link, unless bogus, which is possible. The only real experiment I've seen showcasing EM bending Light rather than Gravity. Even quoting the link. Denial. Nothing but Absolute denial. Ppl closing thier eyes and further filling thier minds w/ Einstein's Cross fantasies.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-01 14:46:13  
You're a lost cause.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-01 14:46:53  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Well....

Bending light stronger than ever before by accelerating gravity electrons
Do you think they mistook EM for Gravity?
That picture is caused by the differing indexes of refraction between air and water, not by outside electromagnetic forces; there is no such medium in space, so no, they didn't.

It's 100% known to be gravity that does it in that quasar picture above.

Really now?....
Quote:
A new experiment has achieved extraordinarily large negative refractive indices for radio frequency light.

In this case, the highest index of refraction was achieved for frequencies around 10GHz, well within the radio portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The authors' model to explain the phenomenon is quasi-Newtonian: the light waves accelerate the electrons, which produce a new electromagnetic wave perpendicular to the original one.
The changes in angles match exactly what is predicted by gravity, not what is predicted by that model. In addition, EM refrsction occurs at strsight line angles, while gravitational lensing curves the light in the vicinity because it's changing the shape of spacetime (which affects the light that travels through it).

Modern theories of gravity have been studied by thousands upon thousands of people, many of which are smarter than you, and have put decades of worm into it with modern tools. There is literally zero chance that they are mistaken to this degree on something as significant as gravity. There are thousands of peer reviewed studies and papers on the subject, such as this one: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2001PhR...340..291B

You, as a nonscientist, have absolutely zero room to ssy anything against them.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:48:05  
You're a lost cause.
I must believe that a Electromagnetic Universe is Ruled over by Gravity. Bending things that remain unproven makes me a damn fool. Great.

Fantastic. Here come the pom poms.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-01 14:49:55  
You're a lost cause.
I must believe that Electromagnetic Universe is Ruled over by Gravity. Bending things that remain unproven makes me a damn fool. Great.
No, you thinking that they're unproven is what makes you a damn fool.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2016-11-01 14:51:01  
read my previous post.
gravity vs EM
Quote:

You realize he speaks of Effects giving Theories. Based on absolutely nothing Scientically Proven, right?

I post a link, unless bogus, which is possible. The only real experiment I've seen showcasing EM bending Light rather than Gravity. Even quoting the link. Denial. Nothing but Absolute denial. Ppl closing thier eyes and further filling thier minds w/ Einstein's Cross fantasies.

i didnt even read your post about radio waves before I posted (and still havent) so I am not denying or claiming that is false. My post was EM vs gravity and what the differences between them are. I also totally plagiarized the whole post too because the people at Caltech are smarter than me in this field.(ya know... where nasa's jet propulsion lab is... the leader in robotic exploration of the solar system)
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:51:54  
You're a lost cause.
I must believe that Electromagnetic Universe is Ruled over by Gravity. Bending things that remain unproven makes me a damn fool. Great.
Oh yeah I forgot. A lense on an object millions, if not billions of light years away, SOLVED explaining some fool's gibberish. Harharhar
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:53:57  
read my previous post.
gravity vs EM
Quote:

i didnt even read your post about radio waves before I posted (and still havent) so I am not denying or claiming that is false. My post was EM vs gravity and what the differences between them are. I also totally plagiarized the whole post too because the people at Caltech are smarter than me in this field.(ya know... where nasa's jet propulsion lab is... the leader in robotic exploration of the solar system)
Can we PLEASE just move on to Question 1 & 2. I alrdy learned about Question 3 >_<
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-01 14:54:25  
You're a lost cause.
Oh yeah I forgot. A lense on an object millions, if not billions of light years away, SOLVED explaining some fool's gibberish. Harharhar
Yes, it is. Just because you're too unintelligent to understand it doesn't mean it's untrue.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:55:22  
You're a lost cause.
Yes, it is. Just because you're too unintelligent to understand it doesn't mean it's untrue.
It's a cross. It's a faith. OFC.. I believe
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 14:56:32  
Just because you're too unintelligent to understand it doesn't mean it's untrue
Sums up whole thread.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-01 14:57:30  
You're a lost cause.
It's a cross. It's a faith. OFC.. I believe
Absolutely nothing to do with faith.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 14:59:11  
Light isn't the only thing around here that needs to get bent.
Obviously... why not go back and post your sources to your defemation of character rq about Tesla. Humor me.

Which particular defamation?

The part where I said he was oddly obsessed with pigeons in his old age?

The part where I said he was a sexless hermit who had serious problems with women?
This is some REAL serious National Enquire ***here guy....
Where you find such "credible" sources? His mother? His wife? His siblings? Himself? Who is speaking exactly for Tesla guy?
By Kodaijin 2016-11-01 15:00:18  
Youre right!

holy crap guys, we have the 8th wonder of the world here. With no education whatsoever, he has single highhandedly disproved everything we know about science.

Re-write the text books and fire every PHD at every university. Akson can live stream this new universe altering intelligence directly to our living rooms via youtube.

though this has been slightly entertaining for the day, I think we should close this thread.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 15:02:24  
Youre right!

holy crap guys, we have the 8th wonder of the world here. With no education whatsoever, he has single highhandedly disproved everything we know about science.

Re-write the text books and fire every PHD at every university. Akson can live stream this new universe altering intelligence directly to our living rooms via youtube.
Bullseye. Why debate. When we can just humiliate. LoL
The EDN. Edison much? Tesla's enemy? Derp.
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-01 15:05:03  
I think the OP will get to see all kinds of fantastical space euphoria once this launches in 2018. Maybe that'll quell his anxiety of the unknowns.

JWST
[+]
By Kodaijin 2016-11-01 15:07:01  
Asura.Avallon said: »
I think the OP will get to see all kinds of fantastical space euphoria once this launches in 2018. Maybe that'll quell his anxiety of the unknowns.

JWST

Oh something actually interesting...yay! thanks Avafaytaru
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 15:08:31  

JWST
Man Im PERFECTLY cool w/ discoveries. I absolutely *** LOVE our era of New Technology. There's nothing more I want to see than a better healthier living world for everyone. Which only Science has/can provide. Im done. Yall won. GJ
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-01 15:08:41  
Youre right!

Bullseye. Why debate. When we can just humiliate. LoL
The EDN. Edison much? Tesla's enemy? Derp.
This is not a debate.

You do not understand the fundamental basics enough to debate.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-11-01 15:08:59  

JWST

Unless he sees a giant magnet holding it in place he wont "believe" its there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-11-01 15:10:10  
Youre right!

though this has been slightly entertaining for the day, I think we should close this thread.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 15:10:21  
Bismarck.Phaded said: »

JWST

Unless he sees a giant magnet holding it in place he wont "believe" its there.
LMFAO. That's a good one. Maybe NOT. xD
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-11-01 15:11:45  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Youre right!

Oh man. Low blow there boss. How could I possibly recover! PAIN

I'll try my best. PRAY for me!
By Ramyrez 2016-11-01 15:14:45  
Trolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
[+]
 Odin.Strummer
By Odin.Strummer 2016-11-01 15:15:13  
"… a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
- Former Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chretien, explaining the concept of "proof"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23